Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Hey bubblegrower I just set myn system up with bubbletotes and a reservoir outside the room.I am having trouble keeping the water level the same throughout the totes while recirculating. I could probably make the first 4 work but the last two are low in water level. any help or suggestions? it is gravity drained.

Hey bubblegrower I just set myn system up with bubbletotes and a reservoir outside the room.I am having trouble keeping the water level the same throughout the totes while recirculating. I could probably make the first 4 work but the last two are low in water level. any help or suggestions? it is gravity drained.

Nix just posted something on the perpetual budget journal that might help you out. Good luck!

Pics would help. Is everything on the same level? It sounds like you just need to add more water. It will even out naturally. Try filling the system by pouring water into all of the totes at the same time. Don't just fill the reservoir and leave it, it will take forever to flood the rest of the system.

Question for you guys:

Due to stress, I had a plant or two herm on me. What is my next step?

I have 4 plants (grown from clones) in 6th week of flower, 2 of those have some seeds. 4 other plants in 2nd week of flower.

Not sure what to do. . . wash the room down?

Thanks.

Les Grossman

I had that happen on my very first grow way back. Totally ruined everything. Now I know how to spot a hermie from a mile away. I kill them immediately. Some people will just cut off the male flowers but I don't even chance it. You want to remove those hermies and isolate immediately. I would kill them personally. Your entire crop is probably going to be all seed if the pollen sacks have already burst. If they have then yes, you should remove everything and clean it with bleach.

I run my veg room lights 20 hrs on / 4 hrs off.

Is there any harm in interrupting the dark period?

You don't want to interupt the dark period. Les, especially early in flower. After awhile it doesn't matter so much. Sorry about your hermies. But take some solace in all that you've learned. Get some good stable clones lined up for round two. Finish the plants you have and mitigate the hmmmmm... first time results?... what should we call them? It only gets better from here!

You don't want to interupt the dark period. Les, especially early in flower. After awhile it doesn't matter so much. Sorry about your hermies. But take some solace in all that you've learned. Get some good stable clones lined up for round two. Finish the plants you have and mitigate the hmmmmm... first time results?... what should we call them? It only gets better from here!

I came home with a fresh bale of ProMix, eager to transplant some young ones. Forgot what time it was and my veg lights were in the dark... no biggie, I'll do it tomorrow.

As far as the herms, there aren't many seeds, and they're not on all 4 plants that I have in flower. I'm pretty close to harvest, and I think I will finish them out and start over. I'm in it for the long haul, so I'm not sweating it. Learned the hard way about overheating the flower room, best way to learn sometimes. . . it won't happen again.

Have a good weekend.

hi there, I have some plants that I accidentally put into soft water >.>. I had algae in the bottom and needed to flush but didnt have enough good water to put the roots in that was warm. my question is will the curl in the leaves go away. they are about 35-45% dead and I was wondering if I should just cut them off. After I refreshed my water and got my ph balanced they took off and are growing great right now but the older leaves are just ugly for lack of a better word

also these plants are about 2 weeks into veg

Edited by UrbanRangerKyle

hi there, I have some plants that I accidentally put into soft water >.>. I had algae in the bottom and needed to flush but didnt have enough good water to put the roots in that was warm. my question is will the curl in the leaves go away. they are about 35-45% dead and I was wondering if I should just cut them off. After I refreshed my water and got my ph balanced they took off and are growing great right now but the older leaves are just ugly for lack of a better word

also these plants are about 2 weeks into veg

That sounds like a matter of personal preference. I would wait and make sure the plant recovers first. If you see new growth then it's probably okay.

I am at a crossroads, with a quandary, in my grow. I hope someone can make up my mind for me. :lol:

I have 4 buckets in my flowering room with the hps running 12/12. Two buckets have bona fide females in bloom, one bucket is undetermined sex, and the last I had to pull today because it grew balls.

Over in my veg room I have space for 8 in the spray tubes I made. 2 spots are unknown seedlings, one spot an unknown about 50 days old that I trimmed in half to see what would happen, and my SLH coming up on 7 weeks.

If I move that SLH into the empty bucket in my flowering room, will I be able to take clones once it has added some bulk?

How soon can I take clones from the SLH?

Now that I have two females, can I take clones from them without ruining the flowering of the rest of the plant?

Help!!

I am at a crossroads, with a quandary, in my grow. I hope someone can make up my mind for me. :lol:

I have 4 buckets in my flowering room with the hps running 12/12. Two buckets have bona fide females in bloom, one bucket is undetermined sex, and the last I had to pull today because it grew balls.

Over in my veg room I have space for 8 in the spray tubes I made. 2 spots are unknown seedlings, one spot an unknown about 50 days old that I trimmed in half to see what would happen, and my SLH coming up on 7 weeks.

If I move that SLH into the empty bucket in my flowering room, will I be able to take clones once it has added some bulk?

How soon can I take clones from the SLH?

Now that I have two females, can I take clones from them without ruining the flowering of the rest of the plant?

Help!!

You can take clones from a plant all the way through the life cycle. It's not recommended when they are in full flower because the cuttings will have to revert to a vegetative state and THEN hopefully they will grow out leaves. I've done it though in an emergency situation. Take your cut from the bottom of the plant and clone like any other cutting. It will probably take twice as long or more to start actively growing.

I would not recommend putting a plant into flowering if you want to use it for clones. Keep it vegging and just let it grow. If you're growing aeroponically you shouldn't have to wait very long.

Alright then...what is the consensus on when this SLH is ready for clones to be taken?

If you're at 7 weeks your probably fine to take some cuttings. It depends on how many you want to take. Will this be a temporary mother that you are going to flower or a permanent mother plant? If you take the top off you will get a nice bushy plant, good for a mother or a flowering plant. If you take the bottom branches then you will get a high success rate and give your plant a nice manicure ridding it of some popcorn buds. The lowest branch looks to be too small for a clone but the second from the bottom looks good. You're just not going to be getting an entire crop off of that plant, but one or two clones should be no problem.

i have been playing with the bushmaster for quite awhile now. probably ran it 5 different ways through 10 different strains..... all with the lucas.

this is what i have found works best as a jumping off point.

run them from veg straight into flower without flushing first. on day 6 of flower dump your buckets and run clean water for a day. on day seven, dump that and refill with fresh water and 2ml per gallon of bushmaster. no nutes.

i have found that for me, it works best if you just run it by itself.

i run it from days 7-10 or 7-12 of flower..... depending on strain..... sativa dominates i run for 5 days. after the 3 day or 5 day treatment, dump, and refill with regular nutes/water.

bushmaster is a vertical growth stopper. i have seen plants literally be messed up and stunted right then and there and not grow another inch.

the stuff is wicked. for real.

use sparingly until you have run it once and see the results.

ultimately the point is to decrease the stretch, creating shorter plants....... which means more light to lower branches.

Now, when you are running the bushmaster...do you continue to add 2 ml/gal when replenishing the res? Or do you just give it the initial dose and replenish for the 3-5 days with just water?

I'm going to try this. Tonight is night 6, so I'll do the day of water flush and then start with the bushmaster tomorrow.

I used to do the darkness period and when I was running Fox Farm that worked well. However, this last time with my first Lucas flower cycle the darkness seemed to have no effect and they just kept going strong! So this next batch I'm trying the bushmaster.

nix = :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: thanks bud. you a true hero.

Now, when you are running the bushmaster...do you continue to add 2 ml/gal when replenishing the res? Or do you just give it the initial dose and replenish for the 3-5 days with just water?

I'm going to try this. Tonight is night 6, so I'll do the day of water flush and then start with the bushmaster tomorrow.

I used to do the darkness period and when I was running Fox Farm that worked well. However, this last time with my first Lucas flower cycle the darkness seemed to have no effect and they just kept going strong! So this next batch I'm trying the bushmaster.

my understanding was that Bushmaster should not be run for more than 7 days. maybe i have that wrong.

i run the bushmaster that one time only. bushmaster has more effect with time rather than amount used. ............. so use it for a short amount of time before playing around with it.

i use it as a one time blast ......... refill with water for a couple days, and then dump/refill with new water and nutes

Hello Bubblegrower,

I read your blueberry patch thread and saw that you used the General Organics line. I have been using this line with sunshine mix and had excellent results. I would love to do some plants in deep water culture but was under the impression that the general organics line was not compatible with hydroponics. I tried Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice but the smell is hard to take and its expensive. I got the Botanicare line labeled "all natural" but I dont think that its technically organic. So my questions are....

Did you think the General Organics line worked well with DWC?

Did you use additional supplements?

Did you find that the GO nutes worked better for some strains that others?

Thank you so much. Freedom of information is the key to creating a better society so the education is greatly appreciated.

See you on the 25th!

i run the bushmaster that one time only. bushmaster has more effect with time rather than amount used. ............. so use it for a short amount of time before playing around with it.

i use it as a one time blast ......... refill with water for a couple days, and then dump/refill with new water and nutes

Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

Hello Bubblegrower,

I read your blueberry patch thread and saw that you used the General Organics line. I have been using this line with sunshine mix and had excellent results. I would love to do some plants in deep water culture but was under the impression that the general organics line was not compatible with hydroponics. I tried Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice but the smell is hard to take and its expensive. I got the Botanicare line labeled "all natural" but I dont think that its technically organic. So my questions are....

Did you think the General Organics line worked well with DWC?

Did you use additional supplements?

Did you find that the GO nutes worked better for some strains that others?

Thank you so much. Freedom of information is the key to creating a better society so the education is greatly appreciated.

See you on the 25th!

the g.o. line is not recommended by label for hydro use.

but thats just by label.

it works fine for bubblebuckets as well. using basically the same formula.

one thing though, you may find "froth" or "foam" in the first few days.

dont freak out. all is well. mix a dose of subculture "m" and "b" from g.h. as directed on package and that will solve the problem. it will take a week to show results.

another small thing ......... i have found that you want to be sure to keep your temps on the low end at all times. 68° is best. even a one time temp spike can cause probs. make sure to keep them on the low end of low for most strains.