Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Hello which of your teaching courses would i use for the following my real life situation

I am a single patient grower three years in soil and pretty decent at maintaining my supply i need one ounce a month but need to increase that to two ounces a month. From what I have read and understand certain ways of hydroponic growing greatly reduce growing time still maintains quality and increases yeiled netting more usable cannabis for me the patient.

Before I change growing methods I'd like to to run a small trial version of the system you suggest for my growing experience. I have a separate area 2'W x 4'L x 5' H away from my current garden area and when I make a choice of systems the grow area i would have available is 5'W x 10'L x 7'H with hot and cold water supply.

Financially I am low income but will spend extra for quality pumps and other hardware where needed I have one ea 600 + 1000w HPS, bulbs no MH, one hood one ballast.

I see you get real busy so answer when you have time and Thank You in advance

David

gallery_20218_716_1578304.jpg

Well i jumped the gun a lil. Rooms not 100% done, but i got a clone of headband started ! :rock::sword: even transplanted it from soil...lol. Thanks to bg's thread.

Thanks BG, for all of your help ! :bow:

sorry i missed this :)

look at him grow folks!!

:goodjob:

Hello which of your teaching courses would i use for the following my real life situation

I am a single patient grower three years in soil and pretty decent at maintaining my supply i need one ounce a month but need to increase that to two ounces a month. From what I have read and understand certain ways of hydroponic growing greatly reduce growing time still maintains quality and increases yeiled netting more usable cannabis for me the patient.

Before I change growing methods I'd like to to run a small trial version of the system you suggest for my growing experience. I have a separate area 2'W x 4'L x 5' H away from my current garden area and when I make a choice of systems the grow area i would have available is 5'W x 10'L x 7'H with hot and cold water supply.

Financially I am low income but will spend extra for quality pumps and other hardware where needed I have one ea 600 + 1000w HPS, bulbs no MH, one hood one ballast.

I see you get real busy so answer when you have time and Thank You in advance

David

this is probably going to be your way: http://michiganmedic...t-bubblebucket/

but you should probably read through this one too just to help solidify the concept of whats going on: http://michiganmedic...bbletote-build/

same idea, different containers.

in your situation, i would just go with the 5gal buckets for now. later on down the line if you decide to grow multiple plants in bubbles, you may find it more space conserving to start them in the 10gal totes @ 2 per tote and then either move them into 5gal buckets..... or if going big.... moving each plant into its own 10gal tote.

but for your first go at it, id stay with the 5gal.

since you already have the expensive stuff, your cost is going to be minimal. that 5' ceiling may become a problem though.... maybe you could veg in there and then just move the bucket to your normal flower room? just a thought.

after you get the idea, feel free to come back at me with any new questions and we'll get ya going :thumbsu:

Hello Everyone,

I will explain my grow a bit, so you have some background information. 2 - 400w hps lights. Bubble buckets with the ionic series of nutes. AK-48 from Nirvana.

Ok, I have a strange plant. Im in my last week of flowering here, and this plant i still way behind all my others. It has single bladed leaves, and some with 3 leaves. It looks like its trying to turn the entire plant into a cola, as it only has the leaves that you would see on the top of a plant.

This is a pretty big plant. Stalk is 2" in diameter. Its about 45" tall. Its producing lots of trichomes and is flowering really heavy. Has anyone seen anything like this before? It is completely different from the other ak-48s.

post-23277-0-49729100-1300882247_thumb.jpg

look at him grow folks!!

but you should probably read through this one too just to help solidify the concept of whats going on: http://michiganmedic...bbletote-build/

in your situation, i would just go with the 5gal buckets for now. later on down the line if you decide to grow multiple plants in bubbles, you may find it more space conserving to start them in the 10gal totes @ 2 per tote and then either move them into 5gal buckets..... or if going big.... moving each plant into its own 10gal tote.

since you already have the expensive stuff, your cost is going to be minimal. that 5' ceiling may become a problem though.... maybe you could veg in there and then just move the bucket to your normal flower room? just a thought.

after you get the idea, feel free to come back at me with any new questions and we'll get ya going :thumbsu:

bubblegrower

Thank You so very much the help, its really appreciated. Instructions are easy to follow (good for me) I'll be picking up materials needed this weekend.

David

PS: I don't have to keep this single tote out my grow room do I?

Edited by David1946

bubblegrower

Thank You so very much the help, its really appreciated. Instructions are easy to follow (good for me) I'll be picking up materials needed this weekend.

David

PS: I don't have to keep this single tote out my grow room do I?

nope, not at all. just build a single bucket/tote to test the waters and run it right along with your soil plants. hydro plants are fierce, but they wont bite soil plants :)

i run them in the same room all the time. no worries.

Hello Everyone,

I will explain my grow a bit, so you have some background information. 2 - 400w hps lights. Bubble buckets with the ionic series of nutes. AK-48 from Nirvana.

Ok, I have a strange plant. Im in my last week of flowering here, and this plant i still way behind all my others. It has single bladed leaves, and some with 3 leaves. It looks like its trying to turn the entire plant into a cola, as it only has the leaves that you would see on the top of a plant.

This is a pretty big plant. Stalk is 2" in diameter. Its about 45" tall. Its producing lots of trichomes and is flowering really heavy. Has anyone seen anything like this before? It is completely different from the other ak-48s.

post-23277-0-49729100-1300882247_thumb.jpg

i have seen it plenty of times.

it can be a number of things........... but if you have that plant running alongside others in the same environment using the same nutrients then it is nearly no doubt a genetic/strain/pheno thing. i assume it probably came from seed?

this can also be caused by many other things........ humidity usually being the #1 factor.

i have seen it plenty of times.

it can be a number of things........... but if you have that plant running alongside others in the same environment using the same nutrients then it is nearly no doubt a genetic/strain/pheno thing. i assume it probably came from seed?

this can also be caused by many other things........ humidity usually being the #1 factor.

Its from a femseed. Its growing next to its genetic sisters, same environment and same nutrients. Must be a pehno, my humidty is at ~%50.

How many phenotypes can a strain have? I have seen at least 3 phenos from these ak-48's so far.

I just dropped a bunch of hydro pictures on this site. Im thinking of doing a grow journal.

Yeah. I don't think a lot of people just randomly go looking into people's galleries. I do sometimes.... :D

I'm subscribed to some people, so it sends me a notice if ya add something to your gallery.

I think a grow journal works best....

Its from a femseed. Its growing next to its genetic sisters, same environment and same nutrients. Must be a pehno, my humidty is at ~%50.

How many phenotypes can a strain have? I have seen at least 3 phenos from these ak-48's so far.

well, there is a difference between a phenotype and a genetic misnomer. a pheno will normally mean a different flavor, or structure, or even flower time...... and it will be a common trait among many plants. more than likely thats not what you have there. although i obviously cannot say for sure.

not knocking nirvana, but i have bought a 10pack and grow them out and have 6 plants that look totally different. that doesnt mean there are 6 different phenos to the strain..... it just means that the seeds/strain arent as stable as they probably should/could be.

I just realized I'm using the Lucas formula incorrectly ever since I switched over to just the t5 and took the mh out.....

Should I cut back on the formula? Whatcha think?

if they are growing fine, let it be. lucas' theory is that more light means more growth and the need for more nutrients. well, thats not a novel idea...... its the truth. but if you are totally vegging with T5's (past the clone/seedling stage) and are able to beat enough light onto them that they are doing fine with the full strength lucas, then dont mess with it.

I just dropped a bunch of hydro pictures on this site.

hell yeah you did. nice plant.

gallery_23277_721_1298591.jpg

Yeah. I don't think a lot of people just randomly go looking into people's galleries. I do sometimes.... :D

I'm subscribed to some people, so it sends me a notice if ya add something to your gallery.

I think a grow journal works best....

dude i hope you arent subscribed to mine.

at last check my gallery was 86 pages long with 2,200 pics....... your notification button would be overworked :rolleyes:

Hey BG! I've got a friend dealing with mites. I know... it's hard to believe... but I do have one friend. His dog got too close to his veg room and the rest is history. He sprayed with something he got at the grow store. Not mite rid. I was telling him about your alcohol/water treatment. Is there a link to that? What's the recipe? Thanks again for all your help!

Hey BG! I've got a friend dealing with mites. I know... it's hard to believe... but I do have one friend. His dog got too close to his veg room and the rest is history. He sprayed with something he got at the grow store. Not mite rid. I was telling him about your alcohol/water treatment. Is there a link to that? What's the recipe? Thanks again for all your help!

are the plants in veg or flower??

wait.................. you have a friend besides me? :goodjob: good job!! :) j/k

if they are in veg, i would make up a mix of 50% rubbing alcohol and 50% water and go to town on them. be sure to spray the entire plant, especially the undersides of the leaves.....thats where mites hang out. make sure to either turn off your lights or move them way up out of the way to avoid further stress on them. 70% iso is fine here. no need to buy the expensive stuff.

after that, a great/cheap insurance policy is this stuff. it's 70% neem oil, easy to find, and as cheap as it gets http://www.lowes.com/pd_104824-38888-41017_0__?newSearch=true&catalogId=10051&productId=3006139&UserSearch=fruit+tree+spray&Ntt=fruit+tree+spray&N=0&langId=-1&y=13&x=32&storeId=10151&ddkey=http:SearchCatalog

obviously the alcohol treatment will be a one time murder...... the neem will stick around and help with prevention after the funerals.

i would never use iso on flowering plants though..... unless they are very very early in flower that is.

are the plants in veg or flower??

wait.................. you have a friend besides me? :goodjob: good job!! :) j/k

if they are in veg, i would make up a mix of 50% rubbing alcohol and 50% water and go to town on them. be sure to spray the entire plant, especially the undersides of the leaves.....thats where mites hang out. make sure to either turn off your lights or move them way up out of the way to avoid further stress on them. 70% iso is fine here. no need to buy the expensive stuff.

after that, a great/cheap insurance policy is this stuff. it's 70% neem oil, easy to find, and as cheap as it gets http://www.lowes.com...p:SearchCatalog

obviously the alcohol treatment will be a one time murder...... the neem will stick around and help with prevention after the funerals.

i would never use iso on flowering plants though..... unless they are very very early in flower that is.

They are in veg. I'll pass along the information. Thanks again!

well, there is a difference between a phenotype and a genetic misnomer. a pheno will normally mean a different flavor, or structure, or even flower time...... and it will be a common trait among many plants. more than likely thats not what you have there. although i obviously cannot say for sure.

not knocking nirvana, but i have bought a 10pack and grow them out and have 6 plants that look totally different. that doesnt mean there are 6 different phenos to the strain..... it just means that the seeds/strain arent as stable as they probably should/could be.

hell yeah you did. nice plant.

gallery_23277_721_1298591.jpg

at last check my gallery was 86 pages long with 2,200 pics....... your notification button would be overworked :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about nirvana. My goal is to pick a pheno or flavor, and make a mother plant from that. Other than that for my next plants im really looking into another seedbank for my genetics. Was looking at Dr. Greenthumb but he is a bit pricey. Anyone know if his genetics are worth it?

That plant was a monster. The smoke from my other ak-48s, the ones that are still flowering are way better than that one :)

I know what you mean about nirvana. My goal is to pick a pheno or flavor, and make a mother plant from that. Other than that for my next plants im really looking into another seedbank for my genetics. Was looking at Dr. Greenthumb but he is a bit pricey. Anyone know if his genetics are worth it?

That plant was a monster. The smoke from my other ak-48s, the ones that are still flowering are way better than that one :)

well, thats the wonder of the medicine. what works for me may not have the same effect on you. what works for you might not work for the next guy.

i have grown seeds from many breeders..... some cheap, some not.

as far as dr. greenthumb.... take a peek here and see for yourself: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/forum/84-dr-greenthumb-seeds-grow-journals-and-genetics/

i am just getting ready to harvest my first dr. greenthumb plants next week soooooooo........ but here's a good look at his new chemo iranian:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/29638-bubblegrowers-1lb-chemo-iranian-plant/

im a big dinafem fan...... but like i said.... i have tried many from many...... subcool has a couple of my favorites.

asking someone about breeders is like asking for favorite ice cream flavors. ask 10 people and you will probably get 9 different flavors :)

I have a harvest question for you guys. This is only my second grow with these strains: Northern Lights, White Widow, Strawberry Cough, and Bubblegum. I'm growing too many strains (more than that in veg) but ever since I got my card I'm really excited to find out what I like. I'm going to phase out NL and BG after this because they're not potent enough for me.

Now the question! I grew these exact same strains last cycle (Pro-Mix, hand watered with General Organics nutes) in the same lighting conditions and besides being small due to my inexperience they were healthy green plants. Now in grow #2 this strange phenomenon has taken place.

gallery_15206_691_194149.jpg

All of my plants have turned purple! And I mean super bright purple and these aren't purple strains. That's a Northern Lights in week 8 of blooming.

Here is a White Widow that's one week behind the NL so you can see that the purple has not completely taken over.

gallery_15206_691_14983.jpg

So far as I can tell it hasn't affected the buds at all. Yield is definitely bigger this time due to LSTing and getting to know my nutes better. So in my research I have come across two factors that seem to be the most likely culprits. First would be a phosphorus deficiency. Could be, I have no idea. I'm using GH's BioThrive Bloom with some Fox Farm Big Bloom added as a bud booster. My water is from a well and is filtered and pH'd to around 6.0. The only factors different in this grow and my last were that I didn't use the BioThrive, only the Big Bloom. The other primary change and I've read that this can turn plants purple, was temperature. I'm growing in a Michigan basement and even now at the end of March it's very cold in there. I have insulated the floor and have regular household heating going through the room but it did get as low as 50 degrees with lights out this winter.

Anyone ever have this much purple during winter? Thanks!

Thats some of the most beautiful purpling ever :D looks like cold to me, plants react like its fall when theres hot days and cold nights. Brings out all kinds of colors, consistant temp drops when the lights are off will enduce reds and purples. What breeders did you get the strains from as well? Could be something in the genetics, are these clones or seeds?

Thats some of the most beautiful purpling ever :D looks like cold to me, plants react like its fall when theres hot days and cold nights. Brings out all kinds of colors, consistant temp drops when the lights are off will enduce reds and purples. What breeders did you get the strains from as well? Could be something in the genetics, are these clones or seeds?

The Northern Lights and White Widow both came from Ministry of Cannabis as fem seeds. I received the Bubblegum and Strawberry Cough as clones.

I'm not sure Nix but this looks like a potentially dangerous strain of "purpolos mysterios", so just to be safe I should take it to a safe location where it can be safely disposed of.

I am volunteering my services, purely from a selfless motive, to assist you in this urgent matter.

No way, looking awesome Nix. Purp down...purpleworldlogo.jpgmyphoto-2.jpgpurplesky.jpg

Yeah, I was subscribed to you. But I recently had to give ya the boot! :D

Not really because there were so many notices, but because you never label anything in the gallery....

I know it would take forever, so no hard feelings....

It did give me a heads up that were going to update your thread though...

I have a harvest question for you guys. This is only my second grow with these strains: Northern Lights, White Widow, Strawberry Cough, and Bubblegum. I'm growing too many strains (more than that in veg) but ever since I got my card I'm really excited to find out what I like. I'm going to phase out NL and BG after this because they're not potent enough for me.

Now the question! I grew these exact same strains last cycle (Pro-Mix, hand watered with General Organics nutes) in the same lighting conditions and besides being small due to my inexperience they were healthy green plants. Now in grow #2 this strange phenomenon has taken place.

gallery_15206_691_194149.jpg

All of my plants have turned purple! And I mean super bright purple and these aren't purple strains. That's a Northern Lights in week 8 of blooming.

Here is a White Widow that's one week behind the NL so you can see that the purple has not completely taken over.

gallery_15206_691_14983.jpg

So far as I can tell it hasn't affected the buds at all. Yield is definitely bigger this time due to LSTing and getting to know my nutes better. So in my research I have come across two factors that seem to be the most likely culprits. First would be a phosphorus deficiency. Could be, I have no idea. I'm using GH's BioThrive Bloom with some Fox Farm Big Bloom added as a bud booster. My water is from a well and is filtered and pH'd to around 6.0. The only factors different in this grow and my last were that I didn't use the BioThrive, only the Big Bloom. The other primary change and I've read that this can turn plants purple, was temperature. I'm growing in a Michigan basement and even now at the end of March it's very cold in there. I have insulated the floor and have regular household heating going through the room but it did get as low as 50 degrees with lights out this winter.

Anyone ever have this much purple during winter? Thanks!

That's crazy man! I'm running Northern Lights right now and I see no coloring at all. And it gets pretty cold in my flower room too. Kinda crazy...

look at him grow folks!!

bg

My PC crashed and burned so I asked my cousin to pass along a couple questions but I can't get a hold of him he's at his daughters house for the weekend. So if you answered the questions cool if not, here they are.

1) what nutes do I use. I have the Fox Farm trio for soil can those be diluted or bumped up for water.

2) Does water gardening require clones from a mother that was grown in water or can I take cutting from my Master Kush that is growing in soil. I finished the bucket yesterday and just waiting for clone answer.

Thanks for the help

David