Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

new visitors in the little veg tent........ they popping up everywhere:

gallery_13801_60_42000.jpg

lemoncake in front and bc bigbud in the rear:

gallery_13801_60_143632.jpg

BB male and female....... ready to fornicate again as soon as they fully re-veg:

gallery_13801_60_143266.jpg

fem trainwreck:

gallery_13801_60_17674.jpg

moby dick from clone:

gallery_13801_60_52528.jpg

more bigbud:

gallery_13801_60_113969.jpg

and there is still 4 more lemoncake to squeeze in there...... we bustin' at the seams.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it her sister in the dog house?

yup, if you remember, i had a lot going on when the blubonic seeds first came in, so i sexed them at like 12-14" to get rid of the males.

i took a couple cuts off the best looking female, and they literally grew side-by-side and looked identical until i snatched one away at 10" and put her in the dog cage.

the one above is her sis. between these 2 plants i think i have taken 28 clones. :thumbsu:

trainwreck:

gallery_13801_60_111.jpg

lemoncake:

gallery_13801_60_79165.jpg

crapload of blubonic clones:

gallery_13801_60_171585.jpg

gallery_13801_60_93773.jpg

so i was thinking......... being the greedy guy that i am......... instead of flowering the scrogged plant under a 400w HPS in a few days as planned..........

see scrog journal here: http://michiganmedic...creen-of-green/

i just moved her sister under a 1k and she's all alone. i think i can get them side-by-side again with a little work to get the cage off the ground............

anybody interested?? i think im gonna do it :)

gallery_13801_60_18665.jpg

blubonic and blueberry, about a week into flower:

gallery_13801_60_197252.jpg

gallery_13801_60_18665.jpg

Looking good man! It's a pain in the arse looking after all of those seeds and clones, isn't it?

My Veg Room is finally all filled up....

I wanted to ask about the two umbrella hoods in the pictures above. Are they the same size? One looks bigger, but it may be the picture.

I was thinking that I may need to switch over to some of those umbrella hoods myself. I'd probably use both kinds like you do. You probably wouldn't put an umbrella hood on a light mover, huh?

I know everything is better with 1k, but isn't that kinda the point of using an umbrella, to use a 1k bulb with it to spread that light? I may have to add some 1k with umbrella hoods instead of my original plan of filling the flower with 600 watters. My flower room is small now, but I put it together so I can expand it so that it's pretty large.

they are identical hoods: http://www.4hydroponics.com/lighting/HIDreflectors2.asp?ItemNo=vertizontal

1k per hood.

yes, i love growing this way, but the only way you can really get away with it is smaller grows with tons of circulation/ventilation/exhaust.

my big rooms have air cooled hoods which are smaller and do not spread light quite as well.

yup, if you remember, i had a lot going on when the blubonic seeds first came in, so i sexed them at like 12-14" to get rid of the males.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just moved her sister under a 1k and she's all alone. i think i can get them side-by-side again with a little work to get the cage off the ground............

When your are sexing a plant, how tall do you let them veg before you put them in flower to show. You said 12 - 14" above, as if that were abnormal. I've got a few I've got to sex!

I'm interested! Put em' under the 1k! I'm not interested in helping move the cage though..... ;)

haha.... its only 50 pounds :) its just awkward because its so large.

..... kinda like my .... WOAH HE DID NOT :)

hahah

there is no rule of thumb around here as far as seeds go. i like to veg around 2ft when i can. that makes for a nice sized plant. sometimes things get sticky and if i have males i need to get them rooted out a bit quicker to make room for the ladies :)

haha.... its only 50 pounds :) its just awkward because its so large.

..... kinda like my .... WOAH HE DID NOT :)

hahah

there is no rule of thumb around here as far as seeds go. i like to veg around 2ft when i can. that makes for a nice sized plant. sometimes things get sticky and if i have males i need to get them rooted out a bit quicker to make room for the ladies :)

NO HE DIDENT!!!!!

Ahhhhh, I gotcha. I guess I had seen some people sex them as little 8 inches and then put them back in veg afterward. You're saying just grow them 2 ft., put them in flower and leave them if they're female, pull them if male.

Do I ever have to worry about impregnating any of my females in Flower while sexing other plants?

I don't want any more unplanned seeds! :o

NO HE DIDENT!!!!!

Ahhhhh, I gotcha. I guess I had seen some people sex them as little 8 inches and then put them back in veg afterward. You're saying just grow them 2 ft., put them in flower and leave them if they're female, pull them if male.

Do I ever have to worry about impregnating any of my females in Flower while sexing other plants?

I don't want any more unplanned seeds! :o

oh sure, you can put them on 12/12 straight from seed if you just wanna get it out of the way and separate males/females........... but "normally" i like to let them get pretty big so i can see some real characteristics of the plant........ especially if im looking for a male or female keeper.

i needed the extra few plant spaces quickly so i put them in earlier than normal for me and my grow room......... plus i never had any intentions on keeping a male, so i flipped early that time.

as far as putting unsexed plants into your flower room with all the others.......... i do........ but thats me. im not gonna tell you not to, but im not gonna recommend it either.

you REALLY need to stay on these plants very thoroughly and daily from the time they hit the flower room until harvest. of course during the first week of 12/12 you are going to be pulling males........ but even after leaving the females in there you need to watch carefully/daily for a hermie that will ruin your entire crop.

instead of flowering the scrogged plant under a 400w HPS in a few days as planned..........

YES YES YES!!! let's see how they do side by side!

I'm all cranked up about the scrog. Granted... I'm all cranked up on scissors hash, but let the competition begin!:thumbsu:

well, i have 100% decided that i am gonna do it.......... BUT THERE IS A CATCH..........

i have to let the plant above go through about 14 days of flower before i can move the cage in.... i need the stretch to finish for sure so i can set the scrog at the right height.....

we'll see......... but im for certain doing it.

the plant above has been in flower for a few days, we'll see :)

Archived