Disappointment

JuztBudz

Recent events are causing me a great deal of disappointment with our leadership. We all have ego's, some larger than others, but when we allow our ego's to get in the way of progress of the furtherance of our unique cause, then I have problems. In an effort to bring this community together a meeting was scheduled for next Saturday. Some in this community saw the need to bring the leadership of as many of the different factions together that could be gathered and see if we couldn't come together to fight our common enemy, and for a social event to get in the way of this important work is shameful. It shows the lack of leadership that has been inherent to this movement forever. If we can't sit down and talk through our differences how are we supposed to convince the anti's? I had planned on attending both the Saturday meeting during the day and then driving down to the MOCC event later, it would have been possible and not been that big of a drain on me. Now I have to reconsider how involved I want to be with the MMMA. I am so tired of this b.s. I have always tried to be a voice of unity, tried to work toward my goals with all of the factions, but this is becoming a futile game. When you folks at the top of this movement figure out that you need everyone involved, give me a call, I might come back and give it another shot. Grow up folks! Swallow your own ego's and pride and try to work toward the goals and against the common enemies. This is so damned childish, disgusting behavior from the ones we all look to for direction...I am truely disgusted by the mess you've all made of this.

I'll be taking a break from this forum for a while, hoping that some of us grow up a bit, hoping that we are all indeed working toward the same goals and not just playing games with the lives of patients and caregivers alike.

Wishing and hoping....j.b.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's sad to think of all the first folks here (mostly the old board), that are no longer here, chased away by new blood

i took a break for a while, came back, and quite a few of the cool dudes were gone. there were some, like SFC who you may not agreed with all the time, but you had to respect, due to their uncompromising nature and straightforwardness. if there's one thing i try to achieve in life, it is to not bend to conform to what others wish of me.

take a break guys, and when your heads are cleared, come back

Guest Medicinal Patient

it's sad to think of all the first folks here (mostly the old board), that are no longer here, chased away by new blood

i took a break for a while, came back, and quite a few of the cool dudes were gone. there were some, like SFC who you may not agreed with all the time, but you had to respect, due to their uncompromising nature and straightforwardness. if there's one thing i try to achieve in life, it is to not bend to conform to what others wish of me.

take a break guys, and when your heads are cleared, come back

I don't think anyone was chased away by new blood. Every org has problems, but I think that the whole Anthony Freed dispensary thing and the cannabis cup caused a divide and many were bitter with anyone who attended this event and showed their support. Beliefs and loyalties were tested. It caused firings, and the strong opinions on both sides got pretty heated. It was very toxic. But that bridge is still standing for those that wish to cross it. But to be disgruntled because very few of over 16,000 disagree just doesn't make sense to me. And I am coming from an neutral pov.

Recent events are causing me a great deal of disappointment with our leadership. We all have ego's, some larger than others, but when we allow our ego's to get in the way of progress of the furtherance of our unique cause, then I have problems. In an effort to bring this community together a meeting was scheduled for next Saturday. Some in this community saw the need to bring the leadership of as many of the different factions together that could be gathered and see if we couldn't come together to fight our common enemy, and for a social event to get in the way of this important work is shameful. It shows the lack of leadership that has been inherent to this movement forever. If we can't sit down and talk through our differences how are we supposed to convince the anti's? I had planned on attending both the Saturday meeting during the day and then driving down to the MOCC event later, it would have been possible and not been that big of a drain on me. Now I have to reconsider how involved I want to be with the MMMA. I am so tired of this b.s. I have always tried to be a voice of unity, tried to work toward my goals with all of the factions, but this is becoming a futile game. When you folks at the top of this movement figure out that you need everyone involved, give me a call, I might come back and give it another shot. Grow up folks! Swallow your own ego's and pride and try to work toward the goals and against the common enemies. This is so damned childish, disgusting behavior from the ones we all look to for direction...I am truely disgusted by the mess you've all made of this.

I'll be taking a break from this forum for a while, hoping that some of us grow up a bit, hoping that we are all indeed working toward the same goals and not just playing games with the lives of patients and caregivers alike.

Wishing and hoping....j.b.

420Peace JustBudz

I Feal You!

Wish I did not agree with the premise of your post

However my recent interaction with the 3ma webmaster leaves me no choice...

I don't think anyone was chased away by new blood. Every org has problems, but I think that the whole Anthony Freed dispensary thing and the cannabis cup caused a divide and many were bitter with anyone who attended this event and showed their support. Beliefs and loyalties were tested. It caused firings, and the strong opinions on both sides got pretty heated. It was very toxic. But that bridge is still standing for those that wish to cross it. But to be disgruntled because very few of over 16,000 disagree just doesn't make sense to me. And I am coming from an neutral pov.

That is NOT why we left.

I am here because I enjoy many of the members here still, and there is some good info. BUT, The cup MAY have been a turning point....................

But it is NOT the reason many left.

Guest Medicinal Patient

That is NOT why we left.

I am here because I enjoy many of the members here still, and there is some good info. BUT, The cup MAY have been a turning point....................

But it is NOT the reason many left.

My bad then. I stand corrected. There was alot of chaos if you will with all of that and then bz and stuff with tb. Clearly stuff happened that I missed. My bad.

Hope to see you when you get back JustBudz. I actually cut way down on my posting, it seemed like everything I had to say was apparently wrong. I accept there are a few people on here that will argue till they are blue in the face over something they know nothing about, and that should not make me post less, but I am SICK of argueing and 99% of the time I will not post. Hope you come back Budz but I understand somewhat of what your talking about.

My bad then. I stand corrected. There was alot of chaos if you will with all of that and then bz and stuff with tb. Clearly stuff happened that I missed. My bad.

Honestly? It's the same stuff people are upset about now! It just came to a head and people went elsewhere.

It's the horse and pony show. Once you see it a few times, you start to see that the show pony is really a donkey.

There is still much smoke and mirrors. I know this is supposed to be the "New" MMMA, or MMMA2.0, but.........................I still get the same pit in the bottom of my stomach when I read some of the postings.

The old members are some of the smartest, and most active activists in the state! You just don't see it because they don't post here anymore. They have not been chased away, so much as they out grew this site. There is a time to progress. When the waters are stagnant......you find fresh water.

The original members of this site have left because they realized their vision of patients being the driving force of the MMMAct didn't necessarily line up with the MMMAssociation's vision of the act.

And, in my opinion still doesn't.

I feel the names have changed, but the game's the same. There is, however, more of a presence from people on the top. We would go for months without a post from Greg or Brad. But, I don't know if that is a good thing or not. Again, the horse and pony show......................

I know, I will probably get trashed for this.

The thing with this meeting being done on Saturday at 10 am none of us from MOCC would of been able to attend as we will be at the farm that day setting up for Harvest Fest. We've had this date set for two months and then all of a sudden there's supposed to be a unity meeting that same day in lansing which is almost a 2hour drive for most of us from the eastside. How can there be any unity if only few are privy to the info?

I do want to thank Blueberry for at least trying to get the date moved to another day so Us and others would have a chance to be part of the meeting. As MOCC would like to have a voice represented in this meeting.

But for the good of all patients and caregivers we all need to set aside our differences and move forward for the better of all.

Have a nice day and hope to see everyone at the Harvest Fest Sept 25th.

Several things were pointed out in this thread - these are the answers to what is happening here.

I had left this forum a while back myself. Honestly, being an activist is a lot of ungrateful work. I sometimes have to convince myself that if I am not working the MMMP for the better good of society - then at least I am working the MMMP for my own benefit. It is a struggle of being selfish and being altrustic.

One of the things that stands out in the MM movement is the wide range of personalities. I suppose the MM movement needs out-of-box thinking kind of people, people willing to take risk, to make a stand when few will. Most people in mainstream society are sheep - they follow the masses, they follow the commands like pavlov's dog - they are happy being told what to do. Most people will wait until a consensus has been reached, and momentum has been started by others. People are lame like that, they wait for a handout or a command.

I just could never live like that. As a matter of fact, I have failed to fit in to mainstream society, my bad. FTW.

It is perhaps my personality that makes me an activist. It is also my life experience that leads me to do what I do, my life as a misfit, and now a disabled, expendable misfit. I hate the way society has built walls between people, I hate the way the government has conspired with corporate greed to build a blind, obedient society that obeys the credit cycle, they work to feed the machine. Suckers.

My enemy are those that perpetuate the machine, the abuse of people, the informational warfare being done intentionally on us.

What makes me a good activist, is I have channeled my anger to be useful. Instead of being a dick and acting aggressive toward other personalities on a public forum, I rise above it and continue to work toward the goal of building a decent society.

I don't need every personality to work, there are plenty of people - silent lurkers who I hope to spur into action - I am willing to mentor. There are other good activist, and we have successfully worked together - despite differences in opinion.

We all are different, but we are also responsible for rising above those differences for a greater good.

There will always be imitators, lamers, posers, and misguided people - we rely too much on moderators to clean up the forums, it is really the job of every dedicated member here. We might not be able to delete or block idiots from posting on the site, but we can be very careful about what we post.

I know many want to help, but I am concerned about the quality of information on this site. I think much of our debate centers around opinion, and not facts. If you have a debate, I like to see links, or references to back up a statement - not namecalling and threats.

If people like the way I post, it is because of my college experience makes it easy for me to write, and build a reference database to confirm or verify my statements.

I also tend to ignore opinion I disagree with.

Lets all repeat this :

"Opinions are like anal orifices, everyone has one, and they all stink."

If you disagree - why post it? The forum needs quality posts, good useful content - not loads of petty debates of "I did it this way, your way sucks" "nuhuh, my way is better than you way, idiot."

We need to focus on better content to reflect what we want the MMMA.org to be. We need to mirror ourselves to reflect who we want to be.

We accept those that will be activist, and those that will be patients.

Good Luck, I am back not by personal choice, but because we need to work together. Don't wait for a change in the forum, in mods, or new software - the enemy is us.

-DN

Several things were pointed out in this thread - these are the answers to what is happening here.

I had left this forum a while back myself. Honestly, being an activist is a lot of ungrateful work. I sometimes have to convince myself that if I am not working the MMMP for the better good of society - then at least I am working the MMMP for my own benefit. It is a struggle of being selfish and being altrustic.

One of the things that stands out in the MM movement is the wide range of personalities. I suppose the MM movement needs out-of-box thinking kind of people, people willing to take risk, to make a stand when few will. Most people in mainstream society are sheep - they follow the masses, they follow the commands like pavlov's dog - they are happy being told what to do. Most people will wait until a consensus has been reached, and momentum has been started by others. People are lame like that, they wait for a handout or a command.

I just could never live like that. As a matter of fact, I have failed to fit in to mainstream society, my bad. FTW.

It is perhaps my personality that makes me an activist. It is also my life experience that leads me to do what I do, my life as a misfit, and now a disabled, expendable misfit. I hate the way society has built walls between people, I hate the way the government has conspired with corporate greed to build a blind, obedient society that obeys the credit cycle, they work to feed the machine. Suckers.

My enemy are those that perpetuate the machine, the abuse of people, the informational warfare being done intentionally on us.

What makes me a good activist, is I have channeled my anger to be useful. Instead of being a dick and acting aggressive toward other personalities on a public forum, I rise above it and continue to work toward the goal of building a decent society.

I don't need every personality to work, there are plenty of people - silent lurkers who I hope to spur into action - I am willing to mentor. There are other good activist, and we have successfully worked together - despite differences in opinion.

We all are different, but we are also responsible for rising above those differences for a greater good.

There will always be imitators, lamers, posers, and misguided people - we rely too much on moderators to clean up the forums, it is really the job of every dedicated member here. We might not be able to delete or block idiots from posting on the site, but we can be very careful about what we post.

I know many want to help, but I am concerned about the quality of information on this site. I think much of our debate centers around opinion, and not facts. If you have a debate, I like to see links, or references to back up a statement - not namecalling and threats.

If people like the way I post, it is because of my college experience makes it easy for me to write, and build a reference database to confirm or verify my statements.

I also tend to ignore opinion I disagree with.

Lets all repeat this :

"Opinions are like anal orifices, everyone has one, and they all stink."

If you disagree - why post it? The forum needs quality posts, good useful content - not loads of petty debates of "I did it this way, your way sucks" "nuhuh, my way is better than you way, idiot."

We need to focus on better content to reflect what we want the MMMA.org to be. We need to mirror ourselves to reflect who we want to be.

We accept those that will be activist, and those that will be patients.

Good Luck, I am back not by personal choice, but because we need to work together. Don't wait for a change in the forum, in mods, or new software - the enemy is us.

-DN

Thanks for the post well said

B&T, Good music choice!

"http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bU7qjyXyVyA

Thanks for the post well said "

I am very sorry about your recent court appeal. I am still hoping all this pony show in court will just turn out to be some minor probation - even after all the grandstanding and puffing by the prosecutor. I can't imagine they have a leg to stand on - if you get another doctor to agree with the first doctor's recommendation (which by law you didn't need)

If they disagree with the qualifying doctor's credentals, they need to take issue with him, not you.

Hang in there, this part of the journey will be over soon.

-DN

If they disagree with the qualifying doctor's credentals, they need to take issue with him, not you.

the Doc has more money then we do that may be the reason lets hope he helps are Lawyers out with the cost of doing this all over again

minor probation i don't think so

i know you and like your posts

Peace

Actually, almost all the organizations throughout the state are working together. They're just not working with the MMMA because of the organization's, and it's current leaders', past records. Do you hear anyone else whining that we all need to work together? No, because we all are. One of the problem's that the MMMA is having right now is their incessant support of dispensaries. There has been a trend through out the state of municipalities passing moratoriums that affect patients and caregivers becuase they don't want dispensaries in their cities/towns. As long as the MMMA is going to support dispensary's rights over patient's rights they are going to have problems.

I think they do support patients' rights but their support of dispensaries is overshadowing that.

Sb

Hey Phil, thanks for the shout out, eh. I still lurk around, and keep my pulse on what is going on here. Many of us have organized with others, and are working on the bigger things in front of us. We are not wasting time arguing about strains, or soil versus hydro, or who sells the best seeds. We are using our minds, and wallets to fight on the front lines of Lansing. Forget arguing moot points on this forum, Do start interacting with our state Senators,and Reps, our prosecutors, our Sheriffs,and any regular person who is curious. Act,and look semi-professional when you do so will not hurt either. We are fighting a war of public opinion right now, and we are losing.

A few individuals in particular need to back the flower down. You may have been done wrong, and the people have stepped up for you, but stop rubbing salt in our enemies wounds, you are only making their resolve stronger to fight us. Dialoge is our best friend, we can win any battle of facts versus myths. Seeing us all over the news on a daily basis is not helping our cause imo. The anti's are eating it up, and telling everyone they know how they told them so.

Dispensaries: Lay low, do not put up huge pot leafs in front of your buildings. DO good things for the community you are in. I know some of you already are, the rest take that to heart. The average dispensary though is being used against all of us in this PR war we are in. Please keep that in mind.

The meeting: MOCC we all understand you had a shindig scheduled for that day. That being said I find it difficult to believe that you could not spare one or two of your leaders for a 10am meeting. This "meeting" was not meant to be for every member of every group, savvy? Regardless, that opportunity has already passed, maybe just consider that if another event of similar standing arises.

Archived