Does This Seem Fishy To Anyone Else?

BubbleBerryKush

so after sitting down with him and talking/medicating with him, he gave me a myriad of answers but one in particular that I did not like to hear....I gave him 2 zips to tide him over, and we parted ways....the CG patient relationship is one of trust and compassion, and that goes both ways. Next time I will know what to look for sooner, so now I am looking to fill a slot for someone who needs reasonably priced high grade meds from a CG that is trustworthy and dependable...I am looking to help people feel better, not help their checkbooks!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish people would quit using traditional stoner consumption patterns to gauge a medical patient. The law allows for 12 plants per patient. That's a lot of product - easily an ounce a week for an average grower. The voters have given us the option of using the fruits of all 12 plants.

How many patients or CGs out there are really maximizing the medical benefits here? I have patients who use fresh leaf in salads and who consume bud without decarboxylizing it...so they get a good dose of the good medicinal compounds WITHOUT THE HIGH.

We need to break out of the mold of assuming that 4 0z/month is a $1000 habit and that all cannabis use = getting high. Only then will we realize that a patient can consume the yields of 12 plants in pepetual harvest in a non-recreational scenario.

It really frustrates me that people can't see this as obvious - that it isn't the default way of thinking.

Anoyone out there who would judge that somehow an ounce/week MUST be too much for any one person doesn't have any business pretending like they are a "real" medical patient or a caregiver. I would generally believe that anyone thinking along these lines is stuck in a stoner mentality.

Excellent post. :goodjob:

So I sign up this new patient a couple (6) months ago, I agreed to take him on because of his situation (sick and really cant afford much) and we settle on a price which is AFFORDABLE, he can take it in 1/8th if he cant afford it all at once but once he hits the zip price I just give him the rest of the zip...i think thats fair enough....he was going through about a zip a month....then all of a sudden he doubled his usage..so 2 zips a month, then he asked for 2 zips on the first and 2 more on the 15th....

I dont want to think bad of this unhealthy man, but I am thinking worst case scenario here (I think you guys know what I am getting at).....I asked him about it and he firmly said "that he wasnt". Really I could care less if he used that much medicine, but if he is doing something illegal with product that I am providing, I think I might want to cut ties with this man....

has this happened to anyone else???

Just my 2 cents....prolly gonna get flamed......but:

What a patient does with the medicine that you provide him, or, if your in possession of a patients plants, then the medicine that he receives from his plants that you as a caregiver is cultivating for him, is no ones business except for the patient.

so after sitting down with him and talking/medicating with him, he gave me a myriad of answers but one in particular that I did not like to hear....I gave him 2 zips to tide him over, and we parted ways....the CG patient relationship is one of trust and compassion, and that goes both ways. Next time I will know what to look for sooner, so now I am looking to fill a slot for someone who needs reasonably priced high grade meds from a CG that is trustworthy and dependable...I am looking to help people feel better, not help their checkbooks!!!

Sorry to hear you guys had to part ways. Did you at least medicate out of his stash when you talked, and not your personal? (jk)

Tossed in a nice light oil and vinegar dressing with some hemp seeds... very tasty.

Sounds great!

I remember back in the day when MJ actually had seeds in it! I used to pick the seeds and stems out and eat them on the spot. I also fed some of the seeds to a bird a family member had, and the bird loved them. Little did I know the seeds are great sources of vitamins, and oils.

Question.....

Where can you get seeds from for consuming, without having to pollenate your females?

I really love the taste of the seeds, but am not going to pay $10/ea for them to eat!

(darn that would get expensive)

And how well has that been working for gays in the military? It will protect you about as well from what the PA could argue was a conspiracy to distribute. If every Friday a patient stops over and gets 2.5zips three times in a 6 hour period do you really think you can argue you figured he was using it? Certainly there is some extreme where you can say you knew the patient was not acquiring it for themselves?

Also for those who say CGs are playing doctor by limiting meds let me ask you this. How many of your prescriptions can you go to the pharmacy and get unlimited refills as often as you like?

Heck I don't care supply all you want to your patients. I'm only suggesting that discretion may be the better part of valor.

I have mixed emotions on this...

On one hand, I do feel the law does not limit the amount in a givin time, but I do understand when you point out there must be some extreme where you know/think something is up.

Well I still say if 12 plants can produce 6oz in a month, then thats what the patient should be entitled to under the law and how many plants it allows. I also think there will be cases where a patient is genuinely using a lot of meds and will need what looks like a large amount. I think as patients and CGs we have to do our best to police ourselves, and do what we feel is right at the end of the day. If you think someone is doing something that might get you in trouble, then by all means, break ties with them. If they are a patient in pain, well.. do you tell them they are cut off because leo might not believe they are using as much meds as they claim?

Case by case is how we should go about it I think. And yes discretion is a good idea as well ;)

now just one thing....

"Also for those who say CGs are playing doctor by limiting meds let me ask you this. How many of your prescriptions can you go to the pharmacy and get unlimited refills as often as you like?"

How many of those perscriptions would kill you if you took more than the amount givin by your doctor in a month? I know if I doubled my Vicodin perscription, and took twice as much as my doctor told me, I would most likely die in short time.

I know you didn't mean it in a negative way towards MMJ, rather you were trying to make a point.

The whole point I am trying to make is, MMJ IS NOT those pharmacuticals. It is better, safer, and we can not "overdose" on it like you can the traditional pain meds. We shouldn't be comparing them in the sence you are really.

In not allowing unlimited refills of those dangerous and addicting drugs, they are keeping us safe. We all know, over time we build up a tolerance to these drugs so we need to take more to stop the pain, this leads to overdose, and often death. If allowed unlimited refills, well.... you see where most cases would end

Even with MMJ we may build up a tolerance, and need an unusual amount to get the pain reducing effects we are looking for HOWEVER with MMJ, there is basically ZERO chance of overdose, and about ZERO negative effects.

Unlimited refills of a medication that works well, and has no deadly side effects when taken in very large doses isn't really a bad thing is it?

Here is one place to get them.. http://www.rawganique.com/Food.htm I have never done business with this place, so can't recommend them personally, but their prices seem decent.

I had the chance to try them in a salad last time I visited family in El Cajon... and it was tasty.

Thanks Rev!

Gonna have to check that site out ;)

It's not really that hard to go through a 1/8th a day.

3.5 grams would make 7 bowls at 0.5 each which would add up to a bowl every 3.42 hours. That would be a little over a zip a week.

He could me making medibles, which tend to use quite a bit of supply.

Maybe he is sharing with another patient.. Could be a number of things.

If you are that worried about him, I would ask him to find another cg. Just my 2cents.

Here is one that is on the MMMA website, it probably should just be used as an example...

http://michiganmedic...erAgreement.pdf

thanks rev!

its a bit ruff around the edges but will provide ma a place to start.

whats the general consensus on written agreements? yea? or nay?

i have vacillated both direstions and can't decide if it would be better or not...

And how well has that been working for gays in the military? It will protect you about as well from what the PA could argue was a conspiracy to distribute. If every Friday a patient stops over and gets 2.5zips three times in a 6 hour period do you really think you can argue you figured he was using it? Certainly there is some extreme where you can say you knew the patient was not acquiring it for themselves?

Also for those who say CGs are playing doctor by limiting meds let me ask you this. How many of your prescriptions can you go to the pharmacy and get unlimited refills as often as you like?

Heck I don't care supply all you want to your patients. I'm only suggesting that discretion may be the better part of valor.

420 if my patient comes back once and hr for thier 2.5 im just gonna think they are trying to be legal with the amount they travel with, nothing else, as long as I can provide them with what they need w/o having to get help from another c.g I dont realy care!

as far as comparing the dont ask dont tell to the armed servicese, I realy wasnt trying to mean that, I mean im not asking pt, and I dont want them telling me, as long as i only provide them with 2.5 per visit, im good, Ill deal with the pa, been there done that, Im not suggesting that i will break the law, but than again it would be hard for me to keep up with 5 patients like that, I guess id have to have quite a stash stashed for that!

I wish that was my only problem!

Peace 420athiest!

FTW

Jim

^^^^so you are basically saying, if I was your patient I could just keep driving back and forth between your place and mine and pick up 2.5 zips per trip? This is how people get in trouble, sure you are abiding by the limit of 2.5, but if your patient gets busted and he tells the cops where he got it from, you are screwed. You dont think a court will convict you of selling a pound of pot over the course of a business day to the same person just in 2.5 zip increments?

thats a very naive thought pattern...

but just my .02

I guess that depends on your lawyer IF you got caught. If I was holding my limit for 5 patients or UNDER..I would be FINE :rolleyes:

^^^^so you are basically saying, if I was your patient I could just keep driving back and forth between your place and mine and pick up 2.5 zips per trip? This is how people get in trouble, sure you are abiding by the limit of 2.5, but if your patient gets busted and he tells the cops where he got it from, you are screwed. You dont think a court will convict you of selling a pound of pot over the course of a business day to the same person just in 2.5 zip increments?

but just my .02

but just my .02

Thats what I am saying. I could even see LEO threating to bust a patient if they don't go back three or four times in a night. Now LEO has a pretty good case that you knew the patient was not using that much.

I can see a conspiracy to distribute charge being brought against a caregiver under these circumstances. I guess those who don't mind the expense and risk of prison to be the test case should go for it.

but just my .02

I realy dont see how i can get into trouble for that, Im allowed to always have 2.5 z for the patient, so when pt leaves with 2.5 im allowed to have another 2.5 for them, now as far as the patient having over their limit, if they are taking it all home, well I guess they will be in trouble for being over the limit, I didnt sell them over the limit any time they came to get some.

Now of course this is all hypothetical! Im not nor want to do that, I would prefer to have at least 3 patients who realy need quality mm for their illness, now if my other 2 patients are using their meds and mm (which alot do, thank god i dont any longer) and they come and get more than our agreement, 2.5 z for this much, or what ever we agree thier needs are for the month or week than It will be in our contract the price they will have to pay for the extra they require, which I dont need to know the reason if it is not related to thier illness or any thing I can control. Having a few that get it for a lil more, helps you to be able to give to patients who are in need but dont have the money!

I dont know about you, but ive been around this wonderful weed along time, and I dont mind being compasionate to people at all!

call me what you want, im a bonifide qualified patient, and I have used weed most of my life! this is new using it for my pain relief and the other benifits it gives me! who would have thunk it would be my legal meds when i was scoring nickles and lids in the early 70's, for you younger folks, lid measured 4 fingers 10 buck, nickle measure 2 fingers in bag, 5 bucks, so almost like a half and a whole for 5 and 10 bucks,,those were the days,,aculpoco gold, colombian gold, red, rainbow, tye stick, hawiian, monkey paw and this kewl bud they called sensci from cali!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Thats what I am saying. I could even see LEO threating to bust a patient if they don't go back three or four times in a night. Now LEO has a pretty good case that you knew the patient was not using that much.

I can see a conspiracy to distribute charge being brought against a caregiver under these circumstances. I guess those who don't mind the expense and risk of prison to be the test case should go for it.

guys we realy dont need to act like this pt is going to come score an lb in a day!

This thread i believe was started by some one wondering how to deal with a pt that was getting a few zips more than normal a month!

No I realy dont see a prob with that,

Of course if leo was involved with the socalled pt and sending pt back to get way more than what i should legaly have in my possesion (lets say i have 5 patients) Im gonna get screwed, but on the other hand if all my other patients are taken care of, and I let this pt take 2.5 at a time till all my legal amount of supply was gone for all 5 patients!

Bring on leo, I dont believe i violated the law! just my interpetation of our mm bible!

I have been thru 3 cases in a year! dropped, no fan fair or picketers either, just being legal and leo doing illegal arrests,

Peace

FTW

Jim

guys we realy dont need to act like this pt is going to come score an lb in a day!

This thread i believe was started by some one wondering how to deal with a pt that was getting a few zips more than normal a month!

No I realy dont see a prob with that,

Of course if leo was involved with the socalled pt and sending pt back to get way more than what i should legaly have in my possesion (lets say i have 5 patients) Im gonna get screwed, but on the other hand if all my other patients are taken care of, and I let this pt take 2.5 at a time till all my legal amount of supply was gone for all 5 patients!

Bring on leo, I dont believe i violated the law! just my interpetation of our mm bible!

I have been thru 3 cases in a year! dropped, no fan fair or picketers either, just being legal and leo doing illegal arrests,

Peace

FTW

Jim

you are a natural phenom.

sometimes i swear you are the dumbest person in michigan, and at other times, i am DEAD AZZ POSITIVE that you have a p.h.d. degree.

weirdo :)

we love ya no matter what though.

heeheeehee :sword::sword:

edit:

you know i mean that in the best way!!

you are a natural phenom.

sometimes i swear you are the dumbest person in michigan, and at other times, i am DEAD AZZ POSITIVE that you have a p.h.d. degree.

weirdo :)

we love ya no matter what though.

heeheeehee :sword::sword:

edit:

you know i mean that in the best way!!

eh you following me? :unsure:

Peace

FTW

Jim

One of the really strange things about the Federal marijuana research facility at the U of Mississippi (the only such Federally authorized facility)is that they have published reasonable use amounts for a patient using medical marijuana!!! Their maximum amount per year for the most medically challenged patient at maximum top rate of use is 6.67 pounds per year and per month is .5558333 pounds or 8.89 ounces per month. I have kept this amount in mind at all times as the maximum I will sell to a patient per month. Any who ask to buy more get from me this answer, "Not from me, as I don't think it is legally defensible beyond the Federal marijuana research facility's standard, and in the patient contract you signed with me it says 'I am aquiring for my individual use only.' Michigan law requires individual patient registration. As soon as it changes to group registration please let me know."

^^^ well I was making medibles and butter....and that stuff I would just give to my patients to try, mainly to see if they got better results with either of those as opposed to smoking. but as we all know as CG's sometimes the buds just not ready (read into it as usable) and needs to cure for 120 or more days :rolleyes:

but thanks god it always seems to be ready just as the patient needs it :lol:

Archived