Does This Seem Fishy To Anyone Else?

BubbleBerryKush

So I sign up this new patient a couple (6) months ago, I agreed to take him on because of his situation (sick and really cant afford much) and we settle on a price which is AFFORDABLE, he can take it in 1/8th if he cant afford it all at once but once he hits the zip price I just give him the rest of the zip...i think thats fair enough....he was going through about a zip a month....then all of a sudden he doubled his usage..so 2 zips a month, then he asked for 2 zips on the first and 2 more on the 15th....

I dont want to think bad of this unhealthy man, but I am thinking worst case scenario here (I think you guys know what I am getting at).....I asked him about it and he firmly said "that he wasnt". Really I could care less if he used that much medicine, but if he is doing something illegal with product that I am providing, I think I might want to cut ties with this man....

has this happened to anyone else???

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I sign up this new patient a couple (6) months ago, I agreed to take him on because of his situation (sick and really cant afford much) and we settle on a price which is AFFORDABLE, he can take it in 1/8th if he cant afford it all at once but once he hits the zip price I just give him the rest of the zip...i think thats fair enough....he was going through about a zip a month....then all of a sudden he doubled his usage..so 2 zips a month, then he asked for 2 zips on the first and 2 more on the 15th....

I dont want to think bad of this unhealthy man, but I am thinking worst case scenario here (I think you guys know what I am getting at).....I asked him about it and he firmly said "that he wasnt". Really I could care less if he used that much medicine, but if he is doing something illegal with product that I am providing, I think I might want to cut ties with this man....

has this happened to anyone else???

What do you think? Have you heard of the "reasonable man" standard? Would a reasonably prudent man have reason to believe he is selling it?

The important question is not what we think, but how a prosecutor will likely answer the above questions. I'll give you three guesses and the last two don't count. What you have is either a guy trafficking or a cop setting you up. Be smart and limit your patients to Oz a month.

Should you be charged, the prosecutor will argue that a QP a month is clearly beyond personal MMJ use and that you have constructive knowledge of his trafficking. I'd hate to be in your shoes in that situation. Tell him you can only do 1OZ per person per month.

I dont want to limit his meds if he needs them, and I dont think he is a cop or in any way connected to law enforcement... I know different people need different levels of medicine, be it a half a month or a zip a month, and I dont want to limit his use if he needs it. I asked him if he was doing this, and he said NO...I would also hate to have a patient go without...but I think I am going to have to either scale him back or pass him on to someone else because I dont really feel "right" about the situation....

as if he is providing meds to other people with my meds, I dont want that since I could get in trouble if he is doing so since the law is such a gray area....when I signed him up I did so thinking I was helping his aliment not to supply other people....I guess if it does not feel right then I should stop doing it....I hope he is not to upset when he finds out...

I consider myself a pretty heavy smoker and I go through about 2 grams a day, not counting hash. That's a half a week/2oz a month, I can't imagine even trying to smoke twice as much as I do now.

The red flag to me is the sudden change in the amount. Once your tolerance is up, you know roughly what you need. Going from 1 oz a month to 4x that is a big red flag, at least imo.

I guess I view it both ways and conclude the following

i have decided to help others

at about half the market value

I have asked them not to resell

I know consumption seems high

They seem healthier and happier than ever before (maybe just spoiled)

I am not talking huge consumption either 2 a month

I am trying to remain true to my own beliefs not others

So....

how does helping this person make you feel? :unsure:

You're definitely in a tuff spot but from personal experience my medicine use went up from twenty-eight grams per month to between 56-75grams per month.

Its from the increase in pain and muscle spasms from my spinal injury and from my what my surgeon has told me its a normal progression and it (the pain & spasms) may level off, decrease or even get worse with ageing.

I sincerely hope the patient is not reselling to the black market but I don't think it would be out of line for you to sit him down and have a heart to heart and explain your concerns to him.

If he gets an attitude or overly defensive then you have to make the decision on how far you want the relationship to go.

I know a couple of CG's who would have no problem releasing him if he cannot give a legitimate reason for the sudden increase in medicine needs. It be the same as if he called his Dr and asked to quadruple his monthly prescriptions, no way without reason and or cause.

Bubble Berry after reading your other posts I am suprised to hear you go on like this.

Just help your patient out by growing his plants right and he should get as much as he wants off those 12 plants.

Is the reason you feel "not- right" about the situation because of money?

We have to be fearless for our patients and especially kind. Fret not.

^^^thats a good point....but I dont want to medicate myself and then drive, since thats just opening the door to LEO possibly bothering me.....I will have to think about this long and hard....

Is it possible that this patient has started using the meds in a different way, such as medibles or making their own oils to supplement their traditional use?

With the increased access and number of recipes out there, maybe they are trying a different method of medicating, and experimenting to see what works best.

The question I would ask is where the influx of money has come from to pay for the "extra" meds, seeing as your agreement was based on a limited income... If they can satisfy you with the answer to that question, then your concerns would be taken care of.

With the above information in hand you would have plausible deniability.

Guest Mr_smith

I would give him one or two a month, then charge a fair yet nominal fee for any extra. Tell him about your hesitations. Keep in mind that you are allowed to grow 12 plants for him. 12 plants is a lot of bud..

To answer your question, Yes.

I dont want to limit his meds if he needs them, and I dont think he is a cop or in any way connected to law enforcement... I know different people need different levels of medicine, be it a half a month or a zip a month, and I dont want to limit his use if he needs it. I asked him if he was doing this, and he said NO...I would also hate to have a patient go without...but I think I am going to have to either scale him back or pass him on to someone else because I dont really feel "right" about the situation....

as if he is providing meds to other people with my meds, I dont want that since I could get in trouble if he is doing so since the law is such a gray area....when I signed him up I did so thinking I was helping his aliment not to supply other people....I guess if it does not feel right then I should stop doing it....I hope he is not to upset when he finds out...

If I were you, and felt weird about it, I would sit down and talk to him again. Be open and let him know your concerns. Also, if you feel you must limit him, then why not 2.5 ozs per/mo? Easy enough for him to understand that amount right?

If he is using medibles and other things that will take up more like someone mentioned, then that could explain it.

To me the most important thing is wether or not I feel the other person is honest with me. If I feel they are, then I would continue on, if not then split ways.

I personally can use over an oz a month along with other pain meds. Once I am completely off the other meds I am sure the oz/mo will go up.

Who knows, maybe this guy is using the amount he says, maybe he is helping/medicating with others, maybe reselling...

Just talk to the guy, smoke it out of him is a good idea (I like that one) and see how you feel after, and make your decision on how you really feel.

Guest Mr_smith

Maybe he has a real sick friend that is not able to get Meds on their own. So he is showing some compassion. Or maybe he is re selling it for a profit. You never know!!

If that were the case then that would be unacceptable. He would need to first contact me to ask if its ok for him to reccomend my services, then refer his friend to me.

i feel like the smoke the truth out of him is the way to go..

if he's using more because of trial of medables, or whatever than he will asnwer quickly and u will know probably..

if he searches for an answer then u have to determine whats best. either way i for one definantly doubled my useage this summer. 1) because the symtoms i experiance and 2) because i have begun growing my own meds...

encourage them to try to grow their own perhaps if they can...

peace

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Money aside (I never get involved with cash) for me 12 plants take me 16 weeks and I trim to about 3 zips per = 36 zips. 36 into 4 months comes to 2.25 zips a week, fullfilling his legal limit requirements. My patient knows that 2 zips a week is her max and she will run out, she is at 1 zip a week. I rotate her strains and she lets me know if it seems to take more than normal so I can adjust strains for her tolerance. We set up her medication supply by the amount my growing history has shown I can handle, (ie; can you grow me a 1 1/2 pounds in 4 months?) In my case, my grow simply can't support more for her, and my patient knows it, if she needs more she has to seek other caregivers.

If your patient needs more, is his tolerance something you must consider? That would be my first concern if need is suddenly greater, money would be a secondary concern, does the patient have something more serious going on with their health? Sounds like a big warning sign that his health is taking a deadly turn.

Patient first, money last. IMO

Hope my old fart reasoning makes sense and helps, just my two-cents.

1T

What do you think? Have you heard of the "reasonable man" standard? Would a reasonably prudent man have reason to believe he is selling it?

The important question is not what we think, but how a prosecutor will likely answer the above questions. I'll give you three guesses and the last two don't count. What you have is either a guy trafficking or a cop setting you up. Be smart and limit your patients to Oz a month.

Should you be charged, the prosecutor will argue that a QP a month is clearly beyond personal MMJ use and that you have constructive knowledge of his trafficking. I'd hate to be in your shoes in that situation. Tell him you can only do 1OZ per person per month.

Thats not fair, i smoke over a oz, a week if i can afford it or have it..So how could you limited your patient? I could see say i free and a cpl at a cpl hundred and if they are useing more, then charge higher after that. Just like any meds, after you get use to it, you need more or a stronger med..Could be any thing..

4 times the original agreed upon amount? What do YOU think he's doing? LOL

As far as if he's helping others, I'll be honest and say I've gotten more than my share when I had a caregiver, but when it was for another patient, I told him and it was for him to decide. Not me.

I had(still do)a close friend with cancer that benefited greatly so he helped a lot sometimes. Other than that it was for me only.

Very interesting! I just had this happen! My patient, whom I give free meds to monthly, wanted 2 the 3 the following months.

The hard part is he is currently going through radiation, so who am I to say what he is smoking?

On the other hand, he plainly said that he new of other caregivers that were in need of meds in his area. We ultimately agreed at a 2.5 per month limit including the free oz. Basically buy 1 at retail get one and a half free. Not a bad deal for him and I have faith we are within reasonable limits. Whether he uses it or moves it I could not possibly be expected to feel responsible for legally or otherwise. I did however tell him patient to patient is grey and I would recommend he divert needy caregivers to me or another network. Hopefully he is smoking it like its free! ;)

Archived