Oakland County Oficials Shocked-50,000 Medical Marihuana Patients

Monday, November 8, 2010

http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2010/11/oakland-county-oficials-shocked-shocked.html

Oakland County oficials shocked, SHOCKED! that after medical marijuana law 55,000 residents claim to have glaucoma

Here's a question I'd like Obama's puppet Eric Holder to answer: if the Department of Justice is suing Arizona for supposedly subverting federal immigration law (they aren't), why are they not suing states for subverting federal drug laws? Michigan now has a vague medical marijuana law (approved in 2008 as part of the Obama blue wave that has since dissipated into a puff of hope and change) and lo and behold every pot head in Oakland County wants in. From The Oakland Press: 55,000 pot applications: County leaders call on state to clarify law on medical marijuana

Oakland County’s top officials — County Executive. L. Brooks Patterson, Prosecuting Attorney Jessica Cooper and Sheriff Michael Bouchard — came together Monday at The Oakland Press to speak out about medical marijuana, urging the state Legislature to fix this law.

“I see (medical marijuana) as a direct threat on the quality of life in Oakland County,” said L. Brooks Patterson,

He referred to a convention promoting medical marijuana scheduled earlier this year at the Silverdome. That convention has been canceled.

“I don’t want Oakland County to be the center of medical marijuana.”

Cooper said her primary interest in amending the law revolved around children and medical marijuana. She said children can be issued patient cards with two doctors’ approvals.

“Children can be in the home when people (are smoking marijuana),” she said. “They are inhaling and learning from that. That is a grave concern.”

...officials said 55,000 people have received medical marijuana applications.

What did mostly Democrat voters think was going to happen? All of the sudden you have every pothead in every county claiming all sorts of ailments and wanting legal marijuana. Why the shock? Exit question: If there are 55,000 applications already in Oakland County, what's the tally in Wayne?

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

oakland county sucks! period! they always have and always will, brookes patterson? aint the phaq dead yet? jeez he needs to retire and collect the same amount he has made off of the people (us) ! time to sit out pops and let the people that are of age run the country, these old timers already showed us they dont know how to run our country!

retire time, and i dont care to see any more of jimmy carter either, we have to many living ex presidents and I consider him the most bothersome, he didnt do bullschuette when he was pres and he is doing nothing but starting bullschuette now!

Time for him to retire also, to his pine box so we can save some money on his protection detail!!

Peace

FTW

Jim

All I gotta say to Cooper..... Your so concerned about the safety of children ..... But it's ok for drunk parents to chug beers in front of there kids at home , when going out to eat when at any FAMILY event. It's ok to have a jack and coke sitting at home after work.... It's ok to smoke CIGARETTES in the car with your infant in the back seat? I'm willing to bet 75% of the patients who use medical marijuana don't use infront of there kids..... I'm willing to bet they step outside or go in another room with a shut door and an open window..... This is just a tactic to take our law away..... Just like during the elections when they used the same type of tactic against David Layton about him cutting deals with child molesters...... Scary thing is these tactics work on people iv talked to alot of people who were all about Leyton till they seen the ads on tv

Word weapons of propaganda fired at "We The People" of Michigan / America and the rest of the world are surely more harmful to society than a wonderful, healing herb.

Perhaps, someday soon, hate-mongers like Ms. Cooper and Mr. Bouchard will discover a neighborly thing called LOVE?

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.

But the greatest of these is love.

May LOVE find The Way to icy-cold hearts like "we know who".

CANNABIS CURES - Without Fears.

FREE The CURE!

Hate to start an argument about ex-presidents...(he he)

But, Jimmy Carter has done more good for more people in our country and around the world than ALL of the ex-presidents combined together after leaving office.

Mizerman

Yes, and during his entire presidency we did not drop ONE bomb of fire a bullet :goodjob: . He couldn't have been all bad.

What did mostly Democrat voters think was going to happen? All of the sudden you have every pothead in every county claiming all sorts of ailments and wanting legal marijuana. Why the shock? Exit question: If there are 55,000 applications already in Oakland County, what's the tally in Wayne?

The ignorance of this whole statement. WOW!

Jessica Cooper thinks the government should dictate how you teach your kids and what goes on in your home

"

“Children can be in the home when people (are smoking marijuana),” she said. “They are inhaling and learning from that. That is a grave concern.”

Kids from responsible parents LEARN to be RESPONSIBLE, regardless if its medical marijuana, pills, or alcohol.

The government is not responsible for teaching our kids.

Does ms.cooper EVEN have kids?

-DN

Guest finallyfree09

i tell ya.... the way it sounds you would think the whole county is awash in marijuana induced bedlam! :lol: what in the WORLD are these two people doing????.... i think i know.... it sounds to me like they don't like the job that lansing is doing so they are going to try to have the state's capital moved to oakland county and they are going to run all the "potheads" out of town too.

so what city is michigan's new capital going to be in? ortonville, oxford, waterford.... can't wait to find out!

i tell ya.... the way it sounds you would think the whole county is awash in marijuana induced bedlam! :lol: what in the WORLD are these two people doing????.... i think i know.... it sounds to me like they don't like the job that lansing is doing so they are going to try to have the state's capital moved to oakland county and they are going to run all the "potheads" out of town too.

so what city is michigan's new capital going to be in? ortonville, oxford, waterford.... can't wait to find out!

They already ran us out of are home

I am not sure which is funnier, Patterson's attacks on medical marijuana or his attacks on the smoking ban. Talk about hypocrisy.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20100415/FREE/100419939/oakland-county-won-8217-t-enforce-smoking-ban-patterson-says#

Oakland County says it doesn’t plan to enforce Michigan’s smoking ban that’s set to take effect May 1.

County executive L. Brooks Patterson told WJBK-TV he’ll sue over the smoking ban next week. Patterson says the law amounts to an “unfunded mandate” if county health departments must oversee and enforce the ban.

Patterson says the county doesn’t have the resources to enforce the ban.

Patterson said he will announce later today in Farmington Hills that Oakland County intends to file a civil complaint directly to the Michigan Court of Appeals, challenging the constitutionality of the Dr. Ron Davis Smoke-Free Air Law, which takes effect May 1.

“A customer could walk into any restaurant under this law and can call my office to complain if they even smell smoke. And I’d have an obligation to send out an inspector. I don’t have inspectors or other manpower to allocate to this,” he said.

Oh and regards to public safety, as we have heard Mr Patterson is so concerned about it, this little tidbit always seems interesting.

Lewis Brooks Patterson (b. 1939) — also known as L. Brooks Patterson — of Oakland County, Mich. Born January 4, 1939. Republican. Oakland County Prosecuting Attorney, 1972-88; candidate in primary for U.S. Senator from Michigan, 1978; delegate to Republican National Convention from Michigan, 1988; Oakland County Executive, 1993-; charged with reckless driving following a traffic stop in 2003. Still living as of 2008.

For a little bit of background on the "reckless driving charge":

Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson got off lightly when his car was pulled over last week. The police stopped Patterson after witnesses reported "seeing a gray-haired man in a Cadillac driving erratically on Dixie Highway." By his own admission, Patterson was hopped up on painkillers and "a couple of glasses of wine," yet he will not be charged with DUI. Why? Because rather than give him a Breathalyzer test or a sobriety check, the police officers recognized who he was and drove him home (both officers have since been suspended). No evidence, no DUI conviction - and therefore Patterson faces simple reckless driving charges. Of course, Patterson is now "reevaluating his lifestyle" and "says he will not make excuses for his actions and plans to accept his punishment." Now will that be the nothing-punishment he'll get for reckless driving, or the harsher punishment that he should have gotten for DUI but didn't because his buddies bailed him out? I wonder...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2281247/detail.html

Talk about being shocked...

All I gotta say to Cooper..... Your so concerned about the safety of children ..... But it's ok for drunk parents to chug beers in front of there kids at home , when going out to eat when at any FAMILY event. It's ok to have a jack and coke sitting at home after work.... It's ok to smoke CIGARETTES in the car with your infant in the back seat?

And it's great for the kids to see their parents bodies and minds ravaged by prescription narcotics.

OK, off the MDCH site..

69,530 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009. That's the whole state of MI..

Is Oakland trying to say that 55,000 of those are in their county, leaving 14,530 applications over the entire rest of the state?

Or holy bullschuette... Just how many effing fake documents are the Oakland LEO making?

Just heard that the seven year old little girl up north has had a new mri done.

The tumor shrank slightly.

The amount of THC in this child's blood would render most people unconscious.

Yet it seems to have no effect on her.

Except the autism is gone now ..

She's in school living a normal child's life.

I don't want Oakland County to be the center of MM any either, they'd screw it up. They are completely out of touch with the struggles and suffering of the common person and I find that appalling.

We as average citizens do not and haven't had true representation in Lansing or DC for generations.

Really PB?

I mean documented and for certain?

And children learn many things from home, swearing, greed, immorality, hate, love, kindness - a whole list of them. They even eat junk food (gasp!) and like it.

Sneak some wine at the family dinner (oh no!) should those parents have their parental rights revoked or have to listen to discriminatory and inflamitary accusations not based of fact but theory an conjecture?

Just heard that the seven year old little girl up north has had a new mri done.

The tumor shrank slightly.

The amount of THC in this child's blood would render most people unconscious.

Yet it seems to have no effect on her.

Except the autism is gone now ..

She's in school living a normal child's life.

Hey PB, is good to hear that its making an impact. This is good news.

Regarding the rest of this post. I am saddened by the way these officials for the people, are out to ruin, destroy, and inhibit what are law so eloquently sets forth for us. I see the same bullying kids from high school, the same stupid jock, that has to push his weight around because he has no real life or enough intelligence to think past bullying,To elevate his persona of superiority. That is there attention span totally. I can't believe we let these people in to positions of authority. I'm amazed daily at the stupidity, and lack of understanding in regards to the will of the people.

Willyi

Archived