Cass City Police Seize Home For 5 Clones

Pat Mcdonald is a friend of mine and a member of our club he got raided 1 week before my first raid yes he was over by 7 but in question were seedlings that just popped that day he only had a few mature plants this poor man has already lost his home because it was seized by the Sheriffs dept because of this case has paid out $10000 to an a attorney which resulted accepting plea that gets him 1 year in jail he is goes up for sentencing in June This poor man needs our support because he is the only victim in all this and it is insane. Makes you proud to be an American dont it

The question I have is still how can they call a cutting a plant? Was it rooted? I still believe it should be defined. Because seriously a cop gets a pair of scissors and starts cutting he can make as many as he wants. Why is a cutting a plant or am I wrong. I thought that trimmings and roots and stalks don't count towards your counts only live plants and usable marijuana?

Exactly my question. Did it have roots? If not, the cops are wrong. However, if it had roots, he is wrong. Do I think they should seize his house without due process? No way. He is allowed a AD because maybe he sucks at growing and only gets 1/2 oz off each plant, and needs 50 plants for a constant supply just for himself. It is really fishy that he isn't being charged yet they are taking his house. I think they need to convict him of a crime before they seize it. Because unless they can convict him of criminal activity, there wasn't any criminal activity, and therefore he should keep his house.

What I don't understand is that there are so many vacant houses around this state, why don't they take some of those. Even in their own county I am sure there are a few homes that are backwards in their mortgage that I am sure the owners would love to give up.

It is really fishy that he isn't being charged yet they are taking his house. I think they need to convict him of a crime before they seize it. Because unless they can convict him of criminal activity, there wasn't any criminal activity, and therefore he should keep his house.

It's not fishy, that is how the forfeiture law works, charges don't even have to be filed. Land of the free? lies, all lies...

It's not fishy, that is how the forfeiture law works, charges don't even have to be filed. Land of the free? lies, all lies...

So True Stand with us May 25th so are voices can be heard Stand for freedom Life Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness or you can do nothing and watch our freedoms totally vanish

ENOUGH with the doom and gloom. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Kinda like the Spent Nuclear Fuel that is stored all over this once great country of ours. Except that has only been going on for about 50 years now.

The forfieture laws started long before that. These are issues left to us by previous representatives of our governments, for us to sort out for them or preferably to them our children and their children.

It looks like this would have been a good place to start, however from what I just read this unfortunate person has already retained legal counsel and is into a plea agreement deal.

Forfieture Reform

............................................"The financial incentives for states to assist the federal government in forfeitures are also strong. The U.S.

Department of Justice maintains an Asset Forfeiture Fund. Part of the proceeds from the fund is shared with state and local law

enforcement agencies to assist them in fighting the drug war. In 1990, Michigan received almost $3.7 million in cash from this fund. "

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unless their are other circumstances involved there is no way this is legal. He is a medical MJ Patient. How much usable medicine was on hand ?

Edited by solabeirtan

• 3 years later...

with the laws of plant counts clearly spelled out I suspect over growers make calculated decisions before they choose to break laws. The real question is how they new he had 5 clones over count in the first place.  I still don't believe people should lose their homes or be in jail for a plant. As long as we have registrants writing their own rules in the system these crimes against patients will continue to be fueled by the lawlessness. I suggest read the rules and fear internet advice. Like the advice that tells us that clones and seedling are not plants, or that 10+2 = 7.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree a plant can only take in so much light, square footage can only be taken so far. It's a great idea.

The idea that a person can lose his home without conviction is as insane as police confiscating large amounts of money on the highway with no conviction. Even more so.

Edited by slipstar059