Sativa's?

tooldini

Why do very few people grow sativas strains? I mean 100% sativa or hybrids that are mostly sativa dominant. Is it the height or the yeild that they may get from them. I am new to growing and have only grown 1 plant which was rudarelis/indica hybrid so really shorties I am used to LOL.

Sativas rule! I think for the most part indicas and indica dominant hybrids are just more practical for indoors. You can get some crazy sativa dominant hybrids that yield heavy and don't stretch an unreasonable amount though. C-99 sounds like a great one for a newbie grower from what I hear. Fast, potent, tasty, good yield, what more do you want?

..... I stayed at this place once here in MI. been vacant a while so I started out carving paths etc.. I found 3" dia Poison Ivy vines growing up the Am Black Walnuts as well as anything else around the swamp They had already choked out a couple sm Apple trees, some Red Buds, Pines, pretty cool .... Overgrow, overday, peace out.

..... I stayed at this place once here in MI. been vacant a while so I started out carving paths etc.. I found 3" dia Poison Ivy vines growing up the Am Black Walnuts as well as anything else around the swamp They had already choked out a couple sm Apple trees, some Red Buds, Pines, pretty cool .... Overgrow, overday, peace out.

I noticed the Ghoul reference Solabeirtan, so here is our leader in vintage form. At the 40 second mark is his first "Overday".

I grow Wonder Haze a purported 100% sativa. It is very potent - I give it a 9 out of 10 rating, 9 out of 10 people will do a bong hit and fall over. Sativas are different from indicas - the onset of the effect is very quick, almost like an espresso or cocaine even. The effect can be intense because there is little CBD or indica cross to take the edge off the straight edge like feeling. I feel wide awake, I feel pain free, and my busy mind - feels calm. Other people with anxiety issues - will not like sativas - it will make their anxiety worst.

You also cannot sleep, eat, or relax sometimes with 100% sativa. This is known on the street as 'chronic' - you always feel like you need more, no ceiling to your potential. Your mind will be busy, you will feel like being up and about, busy. This is your 'daytime' meds.

Apollo 11 or Sleestack+skunk, or any mix - indica and sativa seems to be the balance for patients. They get an 'up' but a little indica to take the edginess off.

As far as growing. Sure the Sativas can take longer to flower and finish. Wonder Haze is 9 weeks, you can do early harvests. I also just simply learned to bend and train the plant to stay under the lights - the bent stem makes perfect trees as the arms become main 'cola' points. It is just a matter of learning the plant and dealing with it.

If you want money - sure go with the shorter flowering plants for many crop turnovers. If you want to grow for medicine - learn to deal with sativas and indicas for their fullest potential.

-DN

Thanks everyone,, I had never used any sativa but had heard it was more of an upper like feeling. So I would never wanna take at bed time LOL since I have sleep problems anyway. I will have 7.5" ceiling minus light space. So I would have to learn how to LST or something to keep a little shorter than normal. I think I can do it since my first grow I just finished was in a computer case,, and I learned to collect pollen, and pollinate the female and got some Purple Jem seeds. Thanks for the info and I would love to find some sativa to try some day.

i've got sativa's in the bloom right now,they're a pain to manage size wise,i cut the center stalk on one because of the stretch and it still grew to 6 foot,the buds aren't as dense as a indica,but the light has no trouble getting to the bottom buds..lol..i'll post pic's before i harvest,i have started cutting a few branches off the bottom so i can try alittle of whats taken so long to grow...i won't be growing more of these unless i have lots of back up meds,and then just for fun..lol..we'll see maybe once i try them i won't grow anything else...zzb

Be advised - those patients with agressive issues, PSTD - may not like 100% sativas. I find it can make me more aggressive like too much expresso. Sativa just heightens awareness and sensitivity to noise and interuptions.

I think from now on, I will start a new patient on a sativa/indica mix before going to 100% sativa.

-DN

Thanks everyone,, I had never used any sativa but had heard it was more of an upper like feeling. So I would never wanna take at bed time LOL since I have sleep problems anyway. I will have 7.5" ceiling minus light space. So I would have to learn how to LST or something to keep a little shorter than normal. I think I can do it since my first grow I just finished was in a computer case,, and I learned to collect pollen, and pollinate the female and got some Purple Jem seeds. Thanks for the info and I would love to find some sativa to try some day.

pure sativa's are way too tricky for the vast majority of growers. But you can get excellent sativa dominant hybrids that are just flat out great smoke. Super Silver Haze from Mr. Nice is a good one, also their Mango Haze... you can find a keeper in a pack of 18 seeds of SSH that will have a nice sativa whack to it but will still be manageable in height while finishing in 10 weeks or under.

It's a good path to go down if you're of a mind ... lot's of great indica dominants out there, but sativa buzz and taste can be pretty special.

All part of the reason I would like to rent a warehouse and have 20 foot cielings to beable to grow a 100% sativa. I dont have a problem waiting them out, the 7' ceilings in the basement are whats really stopping me from a pure sativa.

if u adjust your style of growing to your space u can grow any plant anywhere.... to be 15 ft tall u dont need to have 15 ft ceilings....u need to train the plant.... then not only would it fit.... ull get better buds than if u let it get 15 foot tall

Archived