Any Problems With "https"?

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Hello,

As some of you may of noticed we've got the site SSL and have changed over the login to include the secure login. It's been said by a user he's experiencing problems navigating and his browsers giving him a message.

If you're having a problem please post it here. Please include as many of the following as you can

• browser
  • error message
  • problem
  • screen shot

Just get me as much info as you can about any problem your experiencing. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best

Hello,

As some of you may of noticed we've got the site SSL and have changed over the login to include the secure login. It's been said by a user he's experiencing problems navigating and his browsers giving him a message.

If you're having a problem please post it here. Please include as many of the following as you can

• browser
  • error message
  • problem
  • screen shot

Just get me as much info as you can about any problem your experiencing. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best

Unfortunately, I can't capture the popup that displays when you click on the red x in the url. But it basically is telling us that there are still unsecure links on the page. As a developer, I fix this by using relative links instead of hard-coded links, or I use global variables like $site_url and $secure_site_url. I have installed over a dozen SSL certs on Apache in the past 5 years. If you need another set of eyeballs, just let me know. I will PM you my contact info.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Most of this will change over the day. On our old server many times I couldn't use relative links like say "{board_url}/index.php?sting" here.....I was getting errors, and had to hard code....Im in the process of changing all those now, so it it most likely take me the day to get all the and coded menus converted over. Most the IPB links are now resolving the correct urls, but many of the static pages were hard coded because the menu add on we use wouldn't on the old server allow a "../folder" but now it is on this new server.

The chrome I think is picking up on our advertising software which is showing http links and that should change once the config and a few settings are changed..

Just bear with us for a minute...

Guest Happy Guy

I'm getting a warning that there are unsecure elements to this web site. The warning page asks me if I want to veiw just the secure or everything.

as of this morning EVERY time I click to a new page on this site I get a security warning. level yellow

Yellow

The authenticity of the certificate or certification authority that issued it can't be verified. This might indicate a problem with the certification authority's website.

is this something you can fix? if its on my end I'll ditch the security.

Thanks

dude is switching over servers he seems to think you'll be ok when he's done.

I'm using firefox and having 0 problems.

that was a week or more ago Bro. this just started this morning. my computer updated yesterday, but the site worked fine for me last night. 1 extra mouse click for EVERY thing I do here is getting annoying!!

Guest knucklehead bob

dude is switching over servers he seems to think you'll be ok when he's done.

I'm using firefox and having 0 problems.

DITTO

This is what i get on Every Page i pull up ....

SecurityWarning.jpg

DITTO OdawaDanny and I are experiencing the very same thing every single page we click over to on this site.. this did not happen last night only has been noticed since this mornings log on. Rather annoying and if i click yes it messes the page up royally therefore ive been just hitting NO... hopefully this will be figured out soon.. Danny was like I wonder if I should ask Garfield whats going on BUT seems we are not the only ones having these issues... Peace and love to all!!!

Win XP

Using a 'TOR Browser Bundle' a few months old:

Vidalia 0.2.10 (with Qt 4.6.2)

Tor 0.2.1.29 (with libevent-1.4.13, zlib-1.2.3 and openssl-0.9.8p)

Polipo 1.0.4.1

FirefoxPortable 3.6.13

\_ Firefox 3.6.13

\_ Torbutton 1.2.5

\_ HTTPS Everywhere 0.9.9.development.2

I had a few issues at first, but can't repeat any except for this one:

On one of the main forum entry pages (https://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?app=forums) the 'Today's Active Content' link under the top banner ad still points to the http:// site. Actually all of the links directly under the top banner ad seem to do that (Today's active content, The moderating team, Today's top 20 posters, Overall top posters, Site Terminology)

Many thanks for the https:// setup Garfield! Helps to fix one of the large remaining PC security issues I still had (exposing passwords over TOR network).

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

yeah I got it guys......Chrome and IE show security error, firefox doesnt resolve as https, though there are no errors.

If theres no different problem, I got it. Just post if you have a different problem from here on out if you would please.

Best

Unfortunately, I can't capture the popup that displays when you click on the red x in the url. But it basically is telling us that there are still unsecure links on the page. As a developer, I fix this by using relative links instead of hard-coded links, or I use global variables like $site_url and $secure_site_url. I have installed over a dozen SSL certs on Apache in the past 5 years. If you need another set of eyeballs, just let me know. I will PM you my contact info.

Ditto! mine pops up a box asking me if i want just the secure part of the page or all of it!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Ok you guys that don't listen....when you post in my section I'm alerted that I have a new message through my email client. So I stop what Im doing to come see idle chit chat thinking I've got something new to look at.

So post here without a new problem, and you get banned from the thread.

Archived