Bcbuddepot Selling Free Leonard

I understand you have an ax to grind with me. Leave Swampy out of it. I'm done with you. I'm sure you will continue on your crusade. Have fun playing with yourself. LOL

They say that when someone really bothers you it is probably because there is something about them that reminds you of the things you don't like about yourself. I have indeed been annoyed by the words on the screen typed by someone who uses the name Happy Guy so I actually consider you a teacher. Thank you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not truly "free leonard" unless the seed came from the original parent plants. is simply the same cross inspired by FL, which I don't see a problem with. They aren't marketing it as FL which is a smart move.

...Anything special will often be imitated.

I'm not defending these people, but without knockoffs and inspired hybrids the gene pool wouldn't be where it is today IMO.

Thank you, Urban Culture!

Guest Happy Guy

They say that when someone really bothers you it is probably because there is something about them that reminds you of the things you don't like about yourself. I have indeed been annoyed by the words on the screen typed by someone who uses the name Happy Guy so I actually consider you a teacher. Thank you.

Write me a message about all that I write that annoys you and I will try to help you understand where my ideas come from. I'm just a patient that has internet and tries to convey what other patients around me are thinking. We talk about current events and look forward to what might become of us. Then I post what our general consensus is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Write me a message about all that I write that annoys you and I will try to help you understand where my ideas come from. I'm just a patient that has internet and tries to convey what other patients around me are thinking. We talk about current events and look forward to what might become of us. Then I post what our general consensus is. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wouldn't mess with trying to speak for anyone but myself. It's enough of a challenge to do that well.

For those of us that really knew Swampy... his reaction would have been to raise his hand and say ahhh forget em'...then laugh and light up another one.

He believed in sharing and he believed in brotherhood and free weed for all. He did give away many of his original seeds for no cost, I was one of the lucky ones to both know the man and get a wrapped package of those seeds. His legacy can be found through the magazine "treating yourself well"

Most of all he would not have wanted controversy surrounding his seed in any way. Swampy was a gentleman in every sense of the word.

For those of us that really knew Swampy... his reaction would have been to raise his hand and say ahhh forget em'...then laugh and light up another one.

He believed in sharing and he believed in brotherhood and free weed for all. He did give away many of his original seeds for no cost, I was one of the lucky ones to both know the man and get a wrapped package of those seeds. His legacy can be found through the magazine "treating yourself well"

Most of all he would not have wanted controversy surrounding his seed in any way. Swampy was a gentleman in every sense of the word.

Thank you!! :D

unfortunately, i never knew Tom. I would have loved him, im sure of it. i cannot speak for him in any way, though. i do know a lil bit about BC Bud Depot. when i first started growing i did a lot of research in to that company. they have a widely held reputation of being a copycat 'breeder'. everything about this, from that angle feels very icky to me. it is cool that they came right out IN THIS INSTANCE and acknowledged the plants origins. it is still icky that they want to "change it" then profit obscenely from it. you wanna pay an homage to Swampy? give much of your adult life to learning and growing under Native American spirituality and culture, then give away clones for free. /rantoff

oh, and Mezz, wth were you yesterday? i was looking all over for you to smoke my last j of pre98 bubba (ala Mos cutty) or my newest batch of Free Leonard (Swmapy's, not bcbud). my hind end stayed in that medication room most of the day just waiting on ya! :) miss ya buddy! hope all is well. (You too RLP and KD! i was really hoping to meet you guys.)

unfortunately, i never knew Tom. I would have loved him, im sure of it. i cannot speak for him in any way, though. i do know a lil bit about BC Bud Depot. when i first started growing i did a lot of research in to that company. they have a widely held reputation of being a copycat 'breeder'. everything about this, from that angle feels very icky to me. it is cool that they came right out IN THIS INSTANCE and acknowledged the plants origins. it is still icky that they want to "change it" then profit obscenely from it. you wanna pay an homage to Swampy? give much of your adult life to learning and growing under Native American spirituality and culture, then give away clones for free. /rantoff

oh, and Mezz, wth were you yesterday? i was looking all over for you to smoke my last j of pre98 bubba (ala Mos cutty) or my newest batch of Free Leonard (Swmapy's, not bcbud). my hind end stayed in that medication room most of the day just waiting on ya! :) miss ya buddy! hope all is well. (You too RLP and KD! i was really hoping to meet you guys.)

Was at the rally for an hour or two with Bisharoo and some other cats. Had to go before the after-party. Sorry we missed you, bro.

You had Free Leonard and you didn't hook a brother up? Cmon.....lol....

Tom and I were on line friends for years, through the Treating Yourself group. He originally made Free Leonard available to the MM groups for free. Then, as he saw that it was a popular strain, he realized that he could be earning some monies for his favorite cause, Leonard Peltier, so he started selling it through an affiliate of the Treating Yourself bossman, Marco Renda. As for knock-offs, such as this "Big"...it happens, but it ain't right...Swampy spent years developing the strain, for someone to come along and simply mix the two parent strains, rename it and profit from his hard work is a shameful business practice.

BOYCOTT!!

• 3 weeks later...

Tom was a great man (RIP). I am fortunate that I know his son, that is where my beans came from. I am also waiting to hear back from a guy that has access to the original pre-FL parents, Neville's (g13 x hash plant 1988) and Reeferman's Butterscotch Hawaiian. I am still currently looking for the airbourne cutt of Neville's g13 (g13 x NL) which was what Swampy backcrossed to for FL from my understanding. The pre-FL was actually a collaboration of a few breeders and was just called g13 x BH until was backcrossed with g13 x NL and somewhere along the line Crystal Ship and Romulan was added. Tom had several different FL's which if you count the pre-FL I believe there was 4 total. I know this from Speaking with one of the guys he worked with over at TY. If anyone has a verified g13 x NL cutt, please contact me. I am a legal Michigan card holder.

JuztBudz is correct as the only seed company he gave seeds to for sale was Marco Renda's. I know Frank over at Niagara Seed Bank had ended up with a few as well, which he has since sold the seed bank. BCBD is just a knock off of Tom's work. Please boycott them.

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25612

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36599

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33551

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41210

LT

Edited by lightly_toasted

Guest Happy Guy

BOYCOTT!

When I said that his F2 is stable I meant FL2, Free Leonard 2 is stable. The last good memory I have with Swampy is standing in his spare bedroom full of 4-5 foot tall FL plants. He was one hell of a cannabis hero and local celebrity.

It was fun working with him at our cc. He was always the first one there, ready to help out first time growers, with his strains for free.

Edited by Happy Guy

• 2 weeks later...

So I've gathered online except that he said Swampy's Butterscotch Hawaiian was the male. The G13/HP was a clone kept since the 80's, so that makes sense.

You are right man. For some reason I thought he said he gave him the male he gave PWF but he actually shared the F1 seeds so it probably was a female G13/HP.

02-13-2011, 04:56 AM

ndnguy

G13/Hp is what i got.. I shared some F1's with swampy and we crossed the G13/HP to swampys Butterscotch Hawaiin we split the F1's and swampy worked on his and soon called it Free leonard for Pellitier who he supported to get out of prison I just carried the name G13/Butterscotch Hawaiin........... ndnguy

• 2 weeks later...