This Ain't Working...

Hello everybody. I've been coming here looking for answers to my questions several times since becoming legal. I finally decided to register here because I'm in a bit of a pickle with my caregiver.

Let me start out by saying that in the beginning everything was working out great with him. We had it set up so that every weekend I would pick up a 1/4 oz. of very good meds for $60. But, over the last few months, he hasn't been very reliable. It went from being steady to having to wait 3-5 days without any medication. I know I can go to clubs and dispensaries and spend twice as much for even less meds, but I simply can't afford to. I also can't afford to be without my meds. When I'm in pain, I feel like dying. I won't get into that now. That's a whole 'nother topic.

I know $60 per 1/4 is a great deal, but the quality has been goin downhill. Just this week I bought a 1/4 oz of moldy weed. I took it to the local compassion club to make sure it was what I thought it was. They told me NOT to use it and that my caregiver was required to refund my money or replace the meds.

I contacted my caregiver that day (Wednesday) and he said he should have some Friday (yesterday). I never heard from him so, I sent him a text. Hopefully, he will have something for me today.

I guess what I'm getting at is this...

Have any of you guys/gals dealt with a situation like this?

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Any info or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure the mold was only a one time mistake. I didn't notice it til I ground it up and smelled the mildew. I can overlook that. But, I'm worried that his apathy may continue though.

I'm also worried that $60 per 1/4 is too low for another caregiver to match.

Not at all i know of at least 5 people in my network who provide at around that same cost i think you wont have any problom finding a caregiver willing to work with you :mellow:

Try growing your own. You don't have to spend a ton of money, start with fluorescent lights if you can't afford HID. All you need is light, water and a pot of dirt, nature does the rest.

Part of your problem is the quantities you're working with. Personally wouldn't bother with 1/4 zs, do yourself and your caregiver a favor try to set your sights a little farther down the road . Make it worth his while and get at least a hole-Z. That gives you some peace of mind and 30 days to look for something else.

Part of your problem is the quantities you're working with. Personally wouldn't bother with 1/4 zs, do yourself and your caregiver a favor try to set your sights a little farther down the road . Make it worth his while and get at least a hole-Z. That gives you some peace of mind and 30 days to look for something else.

i agree..... i have apt ...who is a close dear friend but he likes to get one gram...every day.....im not liking it one bit.

Try growing your own. You don't have to spend a ton of money, start with fluorescent lights if you can't afford HID. All you need is light, water and a pot of dirt, nature does the rest.

Growing my own is not an option. I've thought long and hard about how I can do it without anyone finding out as well as keeping my three year old as far away from it as possible. For me, having a caregiver is the best option right now.

He actually told me before that a 1/4 every week wasn't a problem at all. I should have mentioned that I meet him halfway. It's about a 20 minute ride to meet him halfway. And by me doing so, made it worth his while. He's a cool dude and all but I just can't be without. Thankyou to all for your inputs. I still haven't heard back from him today and I have a feeling I won't have any meds until Tuesday or Wednesday. Which sucks because that means I will have to sit back in pain and watch other people play with my daughter. It really is heartbreaking. I developed this issue with my spine about the same time she was born. She is used to it, but it's just not fair for her or me.

Hello everybody. I've been coming here looking for answers to my questions several times since becoming legal. I finally decided to register here because I'm in a bit of a pickle with my caregiver.

Let me start out by saying that in the beginning everything was working out great with him. We had it set up so that every weekend I would pick up a 1/4 oz. of very good meds for $60. But, over the last few months, he hasn't been very reliable. It went from being steady to having to wait 3-5 days without any medication. I know I can go to clubs and dispensaries and spend twice as much for even less meds, but I simply can't afford to. I also can't afford to be without my meds. When I'm in pain, I feel like dying. I won't get into that now. That's a whole 'nother topic.

I know $60 per 1/4 is a great deal, but the quality has been goin downhill. Just this week I bought a 1/4 oz of moldy weed. I took it to the local compassion club to make sure it was what I thought it was. They told me NOT to use it and that my caregiver was required to refund my money or replace the meds.

I contacted my caregiver that day (Wednesday) and he said he should have some Friday (yesterday). I never heard from him so, I sent him a text. Hopefully, he will have something for me today.

I guess what I'm getting at is this...

Have any of you guys/gals dealt with a situation like this?

Any info or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

All I have to say about that is that going to clubs and dispensaries can be expensive..However if you find a real Compassion CLub such as CLare County or Osceola County CC you should be able to find stuff for ten a gram...Thats a dang good deal ...Anyways good luck

I have to say......No. You shouldn't put up with that. 1/4 a week is only an ounce a month. Your CG should have that in less than 1/2 a plant!

I don't see what the problem would be. He is required to keep a constant supply. He is allowed to grow 12 plants in YOUR name.....so.. . .

If you are having issues with getting YOUR stuff I would want to know why.

I can see an issue every once in a while. stuff happens I understand that. But he isn't saying to you, "hey, I had a mold problem" or "It isn't quite cured yet"

It seems as though he is just blowing you off.

I would be looking for a new cg.

it really is too bad you can't grow your own. It is truly the best way to go.

Hi Irishgreen. :rolleyes: . Anytime I make a mistake, be it the meds arent ready, the meds arent the quality i would prefer my patients, the grow is off, or the kid is sick, I try to make it up to my patient. Sometimes that means I deliver it to the door (which is the case usually anyway, they get a "bonus", or at the very least, a sincere apology. It sounds as though you are friends with your caregiver, or at least you like him enough.. Maybe you should just ask him... "Hey, Caregiver.... is everything ok?" That to me, is what makes a caregiver and patient relationship work. I have no problem with connecting with my patients and feel that as a caregiver it is most important to check on the health and well being of your patients. These are your friends. Reciprocate the love please. He may just be a jerk, but it doesnt sound like it. A lot of caregivers are patients. Sometimes I think that people forget I am as well a patient, and not just a caregiver for those that are sick. I am very sick too, and to hear someone say once in awhile " how do you feel?" is more important than a free oz or bonus anyday.

An established caregiver has connections and growers in neteworks. This should make it very easy to get you meds, in that any compassionate caregiver will certainly loan another one a patch between harvests in order to help a patient, donate reasonably, or SOMETHING....ask your caregiver to visit for a few next time, maybe there is a way to fix things, and if not, ask another caregiver you trust either throught here or word of mouth the point you in the right direction.

Good Luck, God Bless and Happy 4th!

Rich and Barbi and Jen

:sword:

I'm sure the mold was only a one time mistake. I didn't notice it til I ground it up and smelled the mildew. I can overlook that. But, I'm worried that his apathy may continue though.

I'm also worried that $60 per 1/4 is too low for another caregiver to match.

Growing meds with mold is the caregivers mistake, selling it to you is BS not a mistake. Don't overlook that!!

i agree with petoskey, i'd see what's up.

i'd hate to jump to the conclusion that he is using you as a "reason to be able to grow and possess," while he sells your "overages"

i've been running into quite a few of those, lately.

give him/her a chance to explain, though. he might be having a problem with bugs, mold, whatever. if they give you attitude, throw 'em to the curb.

My patients get the 1st zip free every month,after that its 250$ all day.

The CG is either incompetent or selling your meds for profit,either way there is no excuse for blowing off a patient.

That kind of treatment really rubs me raw.

and here I was under the impression that a caregivers job was to provide the medicine that the patient needs. some people are only prescribed 1/4 per week. Not worth your time??? if he does not buy more than that you have the right/ability to distribute the medication to a dispensary in order to help provide more medication to more patients. let alone the fact that clubs will pay more for the medicine than you should be charging your patients. You get 12 plants per patient what they decide to buy of that is their business. that being said I do think the 1g per day is a bit excessive as compared to buying a quarter per week.

edit... I see no problem with a cg selling your overs, as long as they are also able to provide you with the medication you need, which it seems this cg was not

I could see the issue as having to spend 20 min there 20 min back 10 min talking 10-15$ in gas (40 minute drive isnt cheap anymore)..compassion or not people have lives and work full time and still need to take care of there families..I know there is weeks on end I would not have an hour to drive to do favors for people..ur 60 a 1/4 really seems to be a hassle for someone with a busy life and with gas prob only really 50 a 1/4 for him. If I were you I would offer to drive to him and pick it up, I think that would prob make it alot better considering your getting twice the amount a dispensary would give you. Before anyone says I am rude, I am not. I just know from experience working crazy hours its hard to get in the car and spend an hour for a few bucks when you worked all day.

I could see the issue as having to spend 20 min there 20 min back 10 min talking 10-15$ in gas (40 minute drive isnt cheap anymore)..compassion or not people have lives and work full time and still need to take care of there families..I know there is weeks on end I would not have an hour to drive to do favors for people..ur 60 a 1/4 really seems to be a hassle for someone with a busy life and with gas prob only really 50 a 1/4 for him. If I were you I would offer to drive to him and pick it up, I think that would prob make it alot better considering your getting twice the amount a dispensary would give you. Before anyone says I am rude, I am not. I just know from experience working crazy hours its hard to get in the car and spend an hour for a few bucks when you worked all day.

You are absolutely right. If i was to be paid hourly for my services, well... :bling: it would be for sure! Up here in (insert location where you think I am) and spread patients out in a 70 mile diameter like mine, and driving becomes a major factor. Add LEO up your donkey, and gas goes up too, ironically. :lol:. Kidding officer. :drinking-coffee:. Anyway, you are very right jhas. Compassion is not cheap. I am losing everything, including my family. But I have a cancer patient that was told he had 2 weeks to live 3 weeks ago, friends with patients that need chores done, and to be honest... I promised them after the raid if they had faith in me through this I would never leave them. They are all still with me (with the exception of my sister Jenny unfortunately), and therefore I remain as compassionate with them as I can. Am I off subject? :bong7bp: Just say'n. :skydive:. I give my stuff to my peeps for 8 a gram usually, and It will get better. When we SUE THE :butt2:off of this darn state and the new owners of MI happen to all be patients! :bighug:. Ok, I'm done. :phew: That was fun, thanks.

I know, i'm over-medicated. Yay!

Oh! It's been a few days Irishgreen.... what's the word?

I may have misread this but you sound like, well just judge your self. For many $60.00 a week $240-$300 a month for meds is the difference between paying bills or just putting food on the table. Just want you to think about it.

"Make it worth his while"? Come on, 12 plant count thats at the least 48.oz (4.oz average per plant if you get less than that, U doin sumton wong) per a 120 day veg to harvest cycle.

May be this CG took on more than he can handle, but the lack of compasion is evident.

$60 per quarter is a decent price, but....

I dont speak for everyone, or for that matter anyone, but myself as a CG I give my patients 1/2 zip free every harvest and I harvest once/month. (So 1 oz. free on a standard 70 day harvest cycle)

After that if they want more, they can then donate at the same price you are getting a 1/4 for but thats after they get thier monthly free quota. You should be getting something without charge right off the top, thats standard protocol. My free meds my patients receive are NOT lower, leafy, airy buds either, they are the top quality that one would expect.....and you should also have similar expectations from someone who was graced with your plants numbers.

$60 per quarter is a decent price, but....

I dont speak for everyone, or for that matter anyone, but myself as a CG I give my patients 1/2 zip free every harvest and I harvest once/month. (So 1 oz. free on a standard 70 day harvest cycle)

After that if they want more, they can then donate at the same price you are getting a 1/4 for but thats after they get thier monthly free quota. You should be getting something without charge right off the top, thats standard protocol. My free meds my patients receive are NOT lower, leafy, airy buds either, they are the top quality that one would expect.....and you should also have similar expectations from someone who was graced with your plants numbers.

Using that logic Meijers should give me my first shopping cart full free. Or how about Belle Tire giving my first tire free. Or, what really would work is if Consumers energy gave me my first 150KWH free and my hydro store should give me my first liter of nutes free every month.

I normally back load it, because front loading it isn't fair to the CG. The CG spends money on Electricity, nutes, equipment, spends time on the plants instead of spending them with his/her family. So what I do is say you buy x amount at x price per month, I will cover my costs with that, then you get x amount free, and after that it is x price as much as you want.

But it is all what the PT and CG agree to. It really works both ways. I just know that if I had 5 PT's that got a free oz per month, and they all decided for 2-3 months in a row they would all only get that free oz, I would HAVE to call in sick a few days to run around all over the state selling an oz here and there to dispensaries. That isn't fair to the CG.

It works out for me mainly because I live in a fairly populated area and work with a couple other CGs and help out their patients also sometimes and vice versa if needed. So giving my patients their free right off the top never puts me in a pinch & I dont have to go search out a dispensary to get rid of anything. I also have a day job and no children so making money back 'instantly & immediately' after harvest is not a concern for me. I see it more like a stock not a commodity, I put in an initial investment knowing I wont have a return immediately, but since I'm not in a hurry to get my return the wait is worth it and in the end I'm never without and neither are my PTs.

Each CGs situation is different, your model seems fair but I have one patient with so little money that he never takes more than his free meds and I survive, without having to run oz. to dispensaries all over the state. In my situation, its perfectly fair......looks like I have some lucky patients I guess!

p.s. my PTs get 1/2 oz free per month, not full oz but then donations are considerably adjusted down for them over and above thier free too

Hi Irishgreen. :rolleyes: . Anytime I make a mistake, be it the meds arent ready, the meds arent the quality i would prefer my patients, the grow is off, or the kid is sick, I try to make it up to my patient. Sometimes that means I deliver it to the door (which is the case usually anyway, they get a "bonus", or at the very least, a sincere apology. It sounds as though you are friends with your caregiver, or at least you like him enough.. Maybe you should just ask him... "Hey, Caregiver.... is everything ok?" That to me, is what makes a caregiver and patient relationship work. I have no problem with connecting with my patients and feel that as a caregiver it is most important to check on the health and well being of your patients. These are your friends. Reciprocate the love please. He may just be a jerk, but it doesnt sound like it. A lot of caregivers are patients. Sometimes I think that people forget I am as well a patient, and not just a caregiver for those that are sick. I am very sick too, and to hear someone say once in awhile " how do you feel?" is more important than a free oz or bonus anyday.

An established caregiver has connections and growers in neteworks. This should make it very easy to get you meds, in that any compassionate caregiver will certainly loan another one a patch between harvests in order to help a patient, donate reasonably, or SOMETHING....ask your caregiver to visit for a few next time, maybe there is a way to fix things, and if not, ask another caregiver you trust either throught here or word of mouth the point you in the right direction.

Good Luck, God Bless and Happy 4th!

Rich and Barbi and Jen

Hey Petosky~~ I'm sorry I just saw this. My spouse is my CG. We grow together. So, no.....I don't have this issue.

However, if I did have a cg, and that happened, and then they weren't returning phone calls.....I would give them a chance the first time. But, if I thought I were "being used" for my 12 plants. I would definitely drop them.

Archived