Statement From Cpu

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well put Sparkly Buds...

We too lobby for no changes. But unfortunately that alone is not enough. At least I can honestly say we have done our best to add less toxic language. Now unless a miracle of sorts occur and the Republicans in the House agree to more language fixes, we will work to thwart the bills from getting the necessary 3/4 to pass. By the way, as far as the govt saying "we consulted with a large group of patients", if you have seen the first of the hearings on the House videos, you can see that they already listed the multiple groups that they spoke to. By the way, MMMA was listed. So in that respect it is not CPU alone they cite as having made a pitch to them. The real difference in fact is that CPU has been part of a couple task forces that MMMA was not included in. And may I say CPU was not part of Rep Calltons task force for dispensaries. I left my card there on March 8th, and they never called me at all. Despite what Callton's aide Nick told Medcnman, I have never spoken to the Rep or his staff. We accepted not being in the dispensary task force because you don't always get your way in the real world of politics, yet you must be gracious about it, or you will never be invited.

And I agree it is okay to agree to disagree.

What I don't and will never agree to, was Mr. Cain using outright lies and untruth's to discredit and distort the CPU positions. Truth is truth and any time it get's spun it is a bad thing.

How many of you realize the justification that was used for 4834 was one of the activist kept talking about LEO kicking in patients doors and shooting the dogs? So they and MSP said "Well if we had full access to the registry we wouldn't be kicking in patients doors"... "we promise"... That was one of many examples of our own bunny muffin being fed back to us. Just a little side note on that, LEO has not shot anyones dogs on a MJ search warrant in Michigan since this law passed. It is our responsibility to keep it real when we talk as well.

Maybe we could agree to disagree... Or maybe the MMMA's position could continue to be, "No Changes".

I understand your point. Problem is, CPU working with the Legislature, then the Leg can spin it like "We consulted with a large group of patients" or whatever, like the patients are okay with it, when we are not.

I think there should be at least one group fighting to keep the law the same.

As we try to go forward in Unity, I think maybe we could keep in mind that we are not always going to agree.

Agree. CPU needs our numbers for legitimacy. Cept we like our law the way it is.

"Passing the law was the easy part, now the real fight begins." is the actual word-for-word quote and it said by Malamute from the MCP and CPU.

Celli, I could be wrong but it was said way before CPU/MCP ever existed.

Ok Celli. I doesn't matter who said, just that it was said.

Is that an agree to disagree? :unsure:

people do need to be honest, Im gonna leave it at that! To me being considerded a dishonest person is the worst lable anyone could have put on them, or put on them selves!

Peace

Jim

agreed! we cant just let them put what they want in and not try and make it better for us, in other words if no one was there to change some of the wording on our side its a total loss to us! what is so hard to understand?

Peace

Jim

That's not really u. Is it?

Agree. CPU needs our numbers for legitimacy. Cept we like our law the way it is.

I love your avatar, the Ice Cream Kid. I wore that one back many years ago...

I am not trying to be harsh, but get a grip my friend, clearly CPU does not need your numbers for legitimacy. That is simply silly to say. Have you watched things heading South for the last two years? I have...

and CPU is pretty legit in the eyes of most people. No offense but you need to get past that point. It is Mr. Cain rhetoric that is not reality based.

I love your avatar, the Ice Cream Kid. I wore that one back many years ago...

I am not trying to be harsh, but get a grip my friend, clearly CPU does not need your numbers for legitimacy. That is simply silly to say. Have you watched things heading South for the last two years? I have...

and CPU is pretty legit in the eyes of most people. No offense but you need to get past that point. It is Mr. Cain rhetoric that is not reality based.

We don't want your CPU! Get out of Michigan already! Don't we outsource enough around here. Now they want to outsource our law and caregivers get screwed over. Ya that's the way you take care of us? NO THANKS! I like the caregiver system and this is what I will fight for! Don't need no CPU here stealing our law!

As I have said yesterday, we too, think this is flawed language. No so much the case in the trunk, to be truthful. But the language about "inaccessible in the interior". Our objection is about the fact someone not in a pickup, and without a trunk (minivans, suv's et al) could never be in compliance. This is a true problem. Anecdotally I can honestly say this language got harsher after public testimony. The Rep's specifically mentioned not be too happy with the gentleman testifying about the hardship of 4856 because his only place to put his mmj was in his glove box, and that was open because it also was his drink holder for his Mountain Dew. Personally it was not a big deal to me (the testimony), but it irritated the Republican Reps and because of it they added changes to the bill to 'tighten' it up. I can assure you there will be further discussion, but the bummer to a degree is that now these bills are out of committee they must be voted on by the House in order to make any more changes. It may become very difficult to get the Republicans to vote for any changes that liberalize the law. But never the less, as Reps return from Easter break we will be submitting new alternative language.

Hayduke that is what I am saying with that statement. It appears to be impossible if you do not have a trunk. If some of the reps were not happy with ONE testimony of an obvious common citizen who did not articulate his point well or whatever then that shows what kind of people they are (the reps). I mean if they tightened it over that guys testimony that is only further proof that they could really care less about helping us by acting like children and punishing the entire act for ONE persons testimony. I know some here still think the reps intend to help us but truth is they could care less about us.

Man, CPU needs MMMA no more than MMMA needs us. We have a common interest. Period.

I don't want to be yours and the legislatures little project cause as u assure a 75% vote is a forgone conclusion. U started to dance with the devil. Can u back out now and oppose....or r u under the devils direction.

We don't want your CPU! Get out of Michigan already! Don't we outsource enough around here. Now they want to outsource our law and caregivers get screwed over. Ya that's the way you take care of us? NO THANKS! I like the caregiver system and this is what I will fight for! Don't need no CPU here stealing our law!

You are obviously a scholar, where do you believe CPU is from?

The Ninth Circle of Hell???

:drinking-coffee:

You are crazy Northern, but you may be right! lol

Hofner, again, we have not endorsed anything. If they were to put in the language changes that we have asked for then maybe we would be neutral. We are likely never going to endorse. I have stated in this thread already that I don't believe the changes we want to 4834 are going to happen. We will be lobbying the Dems to vote no, is the most like scenario. Keep in mind all of the Reps are off this week. There is nothing we can do until next week, then it is game on brother.

The law is not going to stay the same no matter what. Leo is telling the capitol that it doesn't work. The health Dept. is telling them it doesn't work as written. Patients are telling the state congress it doesn't work. Dispensary owners are complaining the law is flawed.

Do you get it yet? When everyone is going to congress to say a law isn't working, just like we as a community have done, then the legislature is going to make changes.

Maybe if everyone called or wrote their congressman/woman and told them the law was great and needed no changes, them we might have some ground to work on, but that isn't happening. However, everyone is doing just the opposite, pointing out the problems they see. The house and the senate are doing what they think will solve the problems that the MMJ community keeps bringing up.

That may be their excuse but surely you do not still think they are trying to help us? The legislature do not care about us one bit.

You are crazy Northern, but you may be right! lol

Hofner, again, we have not endorsed anything. If they were to put in the language changes that we have asked for then maybe we would be neutral. We are likely never going to endorse. I have stated in this thread already that I don't believe the changes we want to 4834 are going to happen. We will be lobbying the Dems to vote no, is the most like scenario. Keep in mind all of the Reps are off this week. There is nothing we can do until next week, then it is game on brother.

Does anyone know, is our Email o matic working? Didn't someone say at one point the legislature had blocked emails from us? It would be super cool to fire it up, load it with new stuff or just let people write what they want, and maybe target the Dems?

I think we can all agree that NONE of us wanted these bills. NONE. These bills were written and introduced by LEO. They are LEO's bills. We will never let the legislature say these were for patients. There is nothing in them for patients. Nothing. It will be known forever that NONE of us wanted these and the ones who vote YES on any of these have bent us over. These are LEO's bills, period.

That may be their excuse but surely you do not still think they are trying to help us? The legislature do not care about us one bit.

Maybe a few do Oz, but you are probably closer to the truth than not.

One thing they have been very slick about is keeping Bill Schuette under wraps in these house bills. But make no mistake he is involved. He used Stecker and Sauter as his proxy's.

Archived