Statement From Cpu

What does anyone here know about CPU? And how were they informed? Was it from your own research by reading CPU's positions? If you didn't know, CPU precisely outlines its positions on their website. There is no guessing. It wasn't the joe cain mmma where one week the mmma was for dispensaries then they were against them, then they were neutral, then they were against them, then, since cain was buddies with peanutbutter they tolerated them---all based on what joe cain needed to spin for the day.

Has the mmma ever formally outlined its positions? No. Did the cain mmma ever poll the members to make decisions on how they should act? No. Yet cain pounded his drum that the mmma was a democracy.

He slandered CPU members for meeting with state reps. What he didn't tell you was that there were already groups meeting wih state reps. Groups on the anti side such as the Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan (PAMM), the Michigan State Police, Michigan Sheriff's Association, Michigan Municipal League, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, and on and on and on. So the representatives were continuously getting an earful or what these groups thought was wrong with the law and the reps were constatnly lobbied to change the law. In the face of ALL of that lobbying where was the cain mmma? No where to be found, that's where. His "no negotiations" platform meant one thing, the reps got an earful from the anti crowd without hearing opposition. CPU stepped in to fill that void. Without CPU the vacuum would've continued. CPU went to work trying to protect patients.

When the reps had 20 people telling them all of the problems with the law the reps, of course, drew up bills that were "fixes" for the problems the anti crowd brought to the reps' attention. CPU fought that but in the end CPU saying, "Don't change the law" would have fallen on deaf ears when the reps were overwhelmed by the naysayers. So what did CPU do? They opposed the bills but tried to negotiate changes to the bills to soften the language and make them less harsh. So the battle plan was drawn. One stakeholder opposing the bills constantly was not going to stop the bills from being written when numerous other stakeholders wanted their perceived problems addressed. So CPU opposed the bills but when they were written CPU lobbied to soften them. And guess what, it worked. Many of the bills were significantly softened. So CPU did a fine job. The 2nd half of CPU's battle plan is to vigorously oppose the bills on the floor of the house so they are not voted through.

cain arguing that CPU was selling patients out was nothing more than political maneuvering. It was tantamount to a US Congressman, who is a democrat, running a mudslinging ad against his Repub. rival and saying that the Repub rival wants children to be killed in the US because he voted against a federal gun control law that keeps guns 100 miles from elementary schools. It's rubbish. Total nonsense.

I'm NOT a member of CPU so any members here may feel free to correct anything I've said. But I AM well-informed. I keep abreast of the happenings in the movement and I READ. Therefore I am able to come to my own conclusions rather than buy into cain's world of secret conspiracies and his unnamed "investigators" and "informants."

You would be well-advised to remember that cain was divisive in this community. He had his own hidden agenda and he manipulated people and information in an effort to control. When someone posted something on this site that he didn't like he banned and deleted and even changed text in posts. A lot of you don't get that because you may have been his yesmen and had no way of knowing what he was doing behind the scenes. I am not saying he didn't care about the movement. He did, but his motivations were also profit driven. That's why he lied to everyone the whole time and never would admit that he drew a salary fromt he mmma.

cain drew from a page out of a totalitarian playbook. He controlled people by controlling the influx of information and by manipulating or lying about information that people did get. He villified everyone outside of his organization so that he could be seen as the fixer. That way when something went the way he wanted it to go he would attribute it to himself and let everyone know how great he was. That's how a dictator gets and keeps power. Look at hitler. (Before you get your panties in a bunch I'm not comparing him to hitler personally only his style of rule). Hitler came to power at a time when there was massive unemployment in Germany. It was really really bad economically. Furthermore, there was a power vacuum. Hitler stepped in to fill that power void and he told the people that the economy sucked because the jews were taking their jobs. He proposed rounding up the Jews and sending them away. He villified the Jewish people. He promised (literally) a small vw car in every driveway. People were at the end of their ropes and were deperate to believe anything and someone with a vision of hope like that was all they needed to rally around. cain did the same thing. He fed off of people's fears. He promised be their savior. Hell, he literally said he would die for them. All he while he was making a nice tidy sum of money on the side that he refused to reveal because it would've taken away the mystique. He wouldn't be able to claim he was this poor, destitute, sick person if you knew the real deal.

I could go on but this is long enough. Just be mindful of the fact that someone who was supposedly willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for you, that being his life, for some reason couldn't tell you about the phantom $60k missing. What's wrong with that picture? Basically what he wants you to believe is that he had the fortitude to die for you but didn't have the fortitude to tell the truth. Makes you want to say, "HUH?" doesn't it? People are taken in by cult leaders, some get out. Be one of the people who gets out.

Essentially sound presentation.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really can't emphasize enough how important it is we forget about all the BS from the last week for the next 10 days and just bomb these guys with letters, emails, phone calls, and show up in large numbers right before the vote. This is the hour of truth. If these four bills get shot down, they will be much less likely to try to get more stuff through - it will be perceived as a waste of time... but if any of them get approved you can be sure the efforts to change and undermine our law will be endless... as if those four bills weren't already awful enough. If we can't get organized in the next 10 days like we were in September last year we are in deep trouble.

Let's save beating each other up and arguing for after the 17th (that's when the vote is, right?). We can't afford it right now. We need to come to a consensus on a plan of action that we can all agree on and just do it. We should be in panic mode right now, scrambling to save our rights... they are in grave danger. But instead we've spent the last week slapping each other and refusing to work with each other on anything out of sheer stubbornness and vindictiveness. Guess who pays the price? Patients. Do not wait until after the bills pass to take action - by then it will be too late.

Purk you are right that we should be making contact and expressing our view. But I don't agree with doing a protest before the house is even back in session. Go for it though. I think we would be wiser to go big when and if they pass the bills in the house. You said it goes from the house and then it is just snap your fingers thru the senate and onto the governor to sign. Simply put, it ain't goin down like that. First it has to pass the house which by the time it gets to the floor for a vote they are going to know that (most likely) we hate it (see Dems), second it goes to the senate, where they are not going to just rubber stamp it, I am very confident in that. So then they make a bunch of amendments and it gets sent back to the house. Somewhere in that stage is where you want to pull out all of the stops.

the fact that you guys seemed to be the only ones allowed for discussion at the legislature

this is Incorrect the reps will meet with all groups. you just have to ask. they met with me and i am not part of any group. But i met with my state senator. town hall meetings are a great place to meet your rep in person, and they do take the time after the public meeting to speak to you on a personal level,at least mine did,

Mendo, "You want the law to stay exactly the way you voted for it?" Guess what? Too F'ing bad! It is already different then the day we voted on it. And here is another one for you pal, if we do manage to stop these bills it will not be over with. Let that sink in for a second.

The Black hand as I like to call him is not going to give up. It is a personal quest that we can also thank your dear leader for.

For the last time CPU has NO interest in dispensaries. Ask MACC is CPU was involved in the Calton work group. If we were we would gladly admit it. We have nothing to hide.

I am very grateful to Mr. Komorn and Herbert and the mods for allowing me to have this debate. I respect all of you, understand and share many of your concerns, and really really want to have 3MA and CPU on a similar page...

It's so NICE to see this open communication..great discussion going on here :goodjob:

I don't think we disagree much if at all, personally I mean, I'm not speaking for anyone else. If you're saying now's the time to email / write / visit / call House Dems & let them know how we feel, then I'm with you.

The protest was Joe's idea right? And Joe's gone, so the planned protest is his, not a 3MA thing do I understand right?. So if we are moving forward in unity, (I listened to Planet Green Trees last night can u tell?) then is 3MA going to work with CPU to schedule a protest?

Purk you are right that we should be making contact and expressing our view. But I don't agree with doing a protest before the house is even back in session. Go for it though. I think we would be wiser to go big when and if they pass the bills in the house. You said it goes from the house and then it is just snap your fingers thru the senate and onto the governor to sign. Simply put, it ain't goin down like that. First it has to pass the house which by the time it gets to the floor for a vote they are going to know that (most likely) we hate it (see Dems), second it goes to the senate, where they are not going to just rubber stamp it, I am very confident in that. So then they make a bunch of amendments and it gets sent back to the house. Somewhere in that stage is where you want to pull out all of the stops.

How do you know the Senate would not be a breeze? It's over 75% conservatives. The thinking over the last year has always been that the House is our only chance to get at least 25% "no" votes (far more Dems in the house than the senate), why do you think this is not the case?

I'm confused by what you're saying here... you said we should protest if/when they pass the house... but then you say we would make it known before a floor vote that we hate it... seems contradictory.

what will be the results of a protest, are the reps going to be scared and drop the bills? or are they going to be pissed off and make the bills worse?

and to call them tyrants, that will get you nowhere

The last time there was a big protest was September 7th of 2011 and even though they'd said repeatedly in the press they'd get it done that fall, nothing happened. They put it off for over 6 months, probably to wait for the attention from the media to die down. Passing these bills would mean paying a price for them, if the spotlight is on them a lot could get voted out. The elections are in just six months...

We should not call them tyrants, but we should have a lot of people show up with the attitude of educating the public and drawing attention to what is going on.

But do realize they ARE tyrants - anyone who doubts this simply hasn't suffered at the hands of the police yet. The civilian government seems all nice and professional, until you fall into one of the groups they choose to oppress, at which point you will wonder if you woke up in a 3rd world country given the severity and brutality of the response. These legislators are perfectly aware that bills like, say, requiring meds to be in the trunk would result in a lot of people going to JAIL where you lose all rights, where you are beaten by the guards and possibly assaulted by inmates, where you are barely fed and only able to see family once or twice a week for 15 minutes through bulletproof glass, where you are left to lose your job and everything that is dear to you and subjected to psychological torture by being denied the ability to leave a 6x6ft cell, breathe fresh air, anything we recognize from our world... if you don't think it's torture you haven't been there yet. Every one of those legislators that would consider voting for these bills is either brainwashed or evil.

It doesn't do us any good to say this at a protest. But it is important to know just how malicious and dangerous they are lest apathy and complacency creep in... they will not protect us unless we force them to.

Thanks AK, I really didn't get much of a chance to know you before the last time I was banned, but you seem pretty cool to me. Truth be told I have had a two year education in Lansing politics since then..

Mendo, if you could do us a favor and keep your questions to say 50 words or so, we may be able to constructively attempt to answer you, but if it is just going to be an open ended rant your on your own.

Every one of those legislators that would consider voting for these bills is either brainwashed or evil.

right so a protest will have no effect on them for sure,

No, a protest will pressure the evil ones to vote no. Their own butts are on the line, they could get voted out in 6 months. The CPU will help educate those who've been brainwashed on the subject and get them to vote no. It appears to me both approaches are necessary.

Mt personal issue with what i have made bold:

Once these bills pass the house, their is NO misconception they WILL pass the nearly all Rebuplican Senate, and Snyder WILL sign them in, dam the Will of the People.

Waiting for Liberty, always ends with tyranny. Always.

For Liberty to work, you need to be PRO Active, not Hurry up and wait active to be effective.

Mendo, "You want the law to stay exactly the way you voted for it?" Guess what? Too F'ing bad! It is already different then the day we voted on it. And here is another one for you pal, if we do manage to stop these bills it will not be over with. Let that sink in for a second.

The Black hand as I like to call him is not going to give up. It is a personal quest that we can also thank your dear leader for.

For the last time CPU has NO interest in dispensaries. Ask MACC is CPU was involved in the Calton work group. If we were we would gladly admit it. We have nothing to hide.

glad you have nothing to hide but seriously...I'm not mendo I just embrace the culture...and I posted ..'my'observations...from watching the CPU movie since it started...but I really would,like to attend and see/hear for myself the discourse during one,of your working groups...you seem personally angry with me?....I'm not mad at you just extremely curious with the state of affairs...too much divisiveness...as for the law not being what we voted for...too f--ing bad?...yeah for all of us and hostility doesn't help...I think I would br afraid now to attend one of your groups I feel I might get a beat down...I'm not in mendo anymore...after all this is Godzilla (detroit) and a lot of agro feelings get acted out here...no maybe I'm an extremely misinformed bro but where is the transparency? I've been watching the whole show as much as possible....where is the CPU high profile visibility?..I'm not attacking just asking...as a naive lost patient? your anger clearly shines thru your words and I'm not trying verbal jujitsu ...just have serious concern and question regarding this...now that CPU is unblocked from this site can we have civil intelligent informed peaceful dialogue? can we as patients be invited to your group meetings? are they closed? should we be scared if we come and disagree with you? will we get a beat down by thugz? if we disagree...a lot of patients are desperately searching for open forum groups outside of commpassion centers that have a more open forum to discuss our questions and concerns...

and I'm well aware that if these bills go thru the fight for our rights is just beginning..and their going to go thru..IMHO

I'll say it again peace thru the plant

Its and election year. WE can make that decision for them properly approached.

No, a protest will pressure the evil ones to vote no. That will never happen they are evil remember??

If you can tell me how an evil person will feel the pressure and change his mind , that does not happen THEY have the power to vote on the bills we do not,

the republicans have a very strong support base, pro life churches NRA tea party, ect, that base is very strong, remember that ,, you can protest until your face turns blue, they know they have the base to support them in the election,

Timmah, you had to read the rest of it. It is NOT going to go straight thru the senate my friend. It is going to get amended and get sent back. If the vote is close and it does pass the first time all we can hope for is for the senate to really go off a cliff with their amendments. And they will. As far as it being an election year, yea it helps but I am here to tell you the most strident republicans are not threatened by us. They think the rest of their constituents will pull them thru. Of course they are foolish to ignore not just us, but the teachers, the unions and the retiree's as well. There are going to be some house seats flipping in this election, they know it. I t may make them even more dangerous.

Mendo, short answer, No you may not attend our quarterly meeting, No you may not view our listserv, No you are not in danger of a "beat down". Btw, where can I view the CPU movie?

maybe they are not threatened yet my friend. but that can yet to come.

We are talking unity. I am also talking cross community support.

put 7000 cannabis activist on the steps, we make some noise

Put 100,000 Cannabis, Nurses, Union, School, Autoworkers on the steps, We have their Undivided attention

You are Welcome to work to the legislative process. I will work to build bridges amoung all citizens of this state, in and beyond of the cannabis community.

This goes beyond this Act. That is not hard to see when one steps away from the table, and gets a breath of fresh air and peeks in from afar.

As a group of CannActivists, We can make some good points.

As a consortium of cross functional Civil Groups. We can get the Right Things Done.

We are just approaching this from different levels is all. You feel the fight is to work with legislation, while others like myself feel the fight it to keep legislation under the constant reminder they work for ALL the poeple of this State. No more, No less.

I understand they will be amended yet again, and I have no rose colored glasses on that any amendment put on to any bill in the 11th hour has never done anything Good for the Citizens of this or any State.

To only look at the door, and not through it, to the outside word, only serves to cut one's self off from the bigger picture.

And when I say that I also realize even if the reps do the right thing and fix the language, once the senate gets it they will trash it. You are on to something tho.. If we could somehow get all of the aggrieved groups in the state to protest at once..... Not likely but we can dream big..

tim how are you going to Quote maybe they are not threatened yet my friend. threaten the senate and house? you fail to realise they support they have .. but if you can get many other groups to stand with us, we might have a chance, but remember that the teacher unions and other unions protested and the results were school cuts.

Archived