Statement From Cpu

I feel you Hof. It sucks and there is no sugar coating it. Fearless leader seized upon that aspect of it. I promise you this, when this law passed I had no idea the road I would head down as far a cannabis advocacy, it was never my intent. I guess I can thank GregF for that. He actually challenged to step out from behind the computer and get involved, so I did. Keep in mind when we formed it was in the middle of the first MMMA upheaval, there was no lobbyist in Lansing working for the MMJ community. There was however lots of talk about Colorado and California and MML people hitting the ground lobbying there vision.

In the early days we had Michigan dispensary people in CPU as well, Jamie, Rick, Ryan but they at that time agreed tobe dispensary neutral as far as CPU was concerned. Our focus was on protecting proposal one only. After a few months and the infamous Durhal hearings it became obvious that Neutrality for them just wasn't possible. MACC was formed at about the same time. They (MACC) have done an admirable job of getting their message out as have we, we just did it completely separated.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any problem with you guys working with the legislator. Somebody needs to educate them. I just don't think that the end product is going to be favorable to us, even if it might be better than it would have been, if CPU wasn't involved.

I just think there is a place for people who don't think the law needs to be changed. I don't expect it to remain unchanged; I know they're gonna change it. But that doesn't mean it's right.

I feel you Hof. It sucks and there is no sugar coating it. Fearless leader seized upon that aspect of it. I promise you this, when this law passed I had no idea the road I would head down as far a cannabis advocacy, it was never my intent. I guess I can thank GregF for that. He actually challenged to step out from behind the computer and get involved, so I did. Keep in mind when we formed it was in the middle of the first MMMA upheaval, there was no lobbyist in Lansing working for the MMJ community. There was however lots of talk about Colorado and California and MML people hitting the ground lobbying there vision.

In the early days we had Michigan dispensary people in CPU as well, Jamie, Rick, Ryan but they at that time agreed tobe dispensary neutral as far as CPU was concerned. Our focus was on protecting proposal one only. After a few months and the infamous Durhal hearings it became obvious that Neutrality for them just wasn't possible. MACC was formed at about the same time. They (MACC) have done an admirable job of getting their message out as have we, we just did it completely separated.

so what happen to the macc people are some of them still in court?

so what happen to the macc people are some of them still in court?

I think Rick Ferris is and I honestly do not know who is still in MACC. Jamie can answer that is he likes. We have had our differences of opinion in the past but I ,like him fully agree that all factions need to unite at this time.

I have lost faith in the existing political structure.

That's exactly what they're hoping you'll do because only the people can make the changes in our government. When we all lose faith and give up, then they've won. Remember it's a government "of the people, by the people, for the people." YOU are the government.

Nope. However, after reading their website and actually understanding their opinions, I do agree with most of them.

Mostly I'm concerned with making the caregiver system of medicine distribution work so they don't take it away from us. Anyone got any suggestions for that? We should probably start a new thread about that topic.

I am all for that . And I believe strongly the MMMA was on the right track when they started the Farmers Markets giving the caregivers a quasi legal way to have a cash market for supply their patients do not require . Prop 1 was born when everything was illegal and hence the imaginations of many about the direction of removing all aspects of medical use under the broad language of the act was not grasped . Some within the MPP who recognized and espoused that a dispensation system could and would evolve as the public learned to accept medical use retreated publicly when criminal pressures began to be placed on patients .

Everyone has found the carnage of the legal system fighting for barriers and the old status quo not wanting to relinquish protections from prosecution to all patients confining their activities within the qualified patient community or at the very least to those over qualified whom are just too sick and disabled to access the system have been appalled at what has occurred .

It is too bad there is no lawyer to represent the cancer patient who died in Kalkaska posthumously where they would not recognize their need under a affirmative defense and thus a caregivers defense who gave them access . They died within weeks of her arrest That clearly was a important case that was never properly addressed also costing a Mother to 7 children custody and a felony conviction . It was a case worthy of Fieger and our State Supreme Court as the amount of remuneration was clearly below the black market and even California non profit dispensaries normal parameters .

It pointed out quicker program access was needed as well as more protections for caregivers and patients . To use harsh zero tolerance drug laws on patients threatening those within weeks of dieing with the criminal system as well as those helping them was a more flagrant violation of the intent of the act then any these individuals created attempting to use it in practice . However the system put the full weight of prosecution and penalty upon these basically defenseless citizens . In these first 3 years there have been dozens of dozens of cases that have mirrored similar injustices all while medical cannabis has not been treated in a manner attributed to normal prescribed over the counter medicinal substances .

I really want to thank those that are taking patient input to Lansing . Many of us who can't for various reasons rooted in mental and or physical health will always have apprehension toward anything that may create change . But change especially positive change that will further protect and expand the protections of patients requires it . I sure hope a few of those involved can start directing the message boards with positive ideas and thoughts . I think that would be a wonderful idea . It is so easy to tear something down but it takes work to build a proper program for patients and who better then patients can create a sound foundation of ideas from which to accomplish that .

That is why we are here talking to you Croppled. We would have been here the entire last two years if we could have man. We are not here to blow smoke up anyones behinds, the picture ain't all rosie either, but we have not lost the law yet and we are going to keep knocking on the doors as long as it takes.

Anyone that had anything to do with CPU was banned.

If someone brought up CPU, they were trashed.

People learned quickly not to bring things up, or they would be banned.

That is why I quietly added a link in my signature to show people there was another site. One where CPU was openly talked about. But, not many people take notice of those things I guess. I also stopped posting much over the last year....so that probably didn't help either, or maybe that is why I didn't get totally banned like the rest. I did get banned for a few days, but that was because of association....I won't mention any names....LOLOL He can speak up if he wants...... hee hee

Most of what CPU did was discussed openly on the MCP forum. There was no secretive business going on. Anyone was free to come over to the MCP forum and read/discuss all the topics started by CPU members there. Personally, I have never banned anyone over there. I know one of the admins did recently give someone a week long time-out for being very disagreeable, but they are allowed to post there again.

Almost everything that was said about CPU on this forum in the past was a lie. All those lies were readily disproved by anyone actually going to the CPU's site or to one of the forums where the members were allowed to speak. AS far as I saw over the years, anyone asking any CPU member a question about the organization was given an answer when it didn't concern personnel details.

I can see there are still people here that believe the one side of the arguement that was given to them over the last two years. Some of those people have actually investigated the facts for themselves and now understand the lies that were told. I only wish and encourage others to do so. You might not agree with all their positions, but they were the only group that has been at the table talking to government representatives. That did all that work without a thank you for two years, and now we still have people that won't open their eyes and just read the actual facts about them.

It saddens me to see such opposition to a group that has done a lot of good work.

wow.... bam... crash....

thanks for the help Herbert...

Okay folks, I am the lobbyist for CPU. I will try and answer your questions. There is not a whole lot of secrets.

Our membership like your membership, has every reason to be in Lansing. Let's just start with that.

Here are the most current bills.... what can I tell you?

Please tell my why in bill 4851 the phrase "except as in 7b" was not accepted and was changed back to "except as in sec. 7" This would have cemented in the affermative Defense for every one who was not breaking the rules of 7b.. smoking in public, in a detention center, on public transportation.. AT HASH BASH... Lol i added that last one..

I can't answer this one for a fact, as I'm not CPU, I don't even know if CPU can give an answer. I think it was because the republican caucaus got ahold of the bills and changed a bunch of the language to what they wanted it to be. Those changes were made after the hearings.

Please tell my why in bill 4851 the phrase "except as in 7b" was not accepted and was changed back to "except as in sec. 7" This would have cemented in the affermative Defense for every one who was not breaking the rules of 7b.. smoking in public, in a detention center, on public transportation.. AT HASH BASH... Lol i added that last one..

Prosecutors, Republicans and the cold harsh reality of an election gone bad.

:thumbsd:

when one walks on the devils playground, they cant cry foul because they have been singed or burnt.

imo, the ground should of been simply, we want our deluxe hamburger they can keep the fries and kool-aid they think we should take with our burger. no ty burgers just fine.

Tmmmah, that would have been fine, but what if they were putting cyanide on that custom burger? Would you still sit back and say I just want the burger, and nothing else? Wouldn't you try to get the cyanide taken off before it was served to you?

then you reject the burger and send it back... We are the Power or Body of Government, they are the arm, Seems our governmental arm has a will of its own, like many of the illnesses we fight in our bodies.

and just like that illness in our body, we fight it every day. This too needs to be done with our government...

I understand what your saying Cell. which is why as a customer, satisfaction is gaurenteed, and I think it is safe to say, we all think this restaurant is foul, rancid, and needs to be closed down, but its the only one we have, so we must clean it and fix it of its internal filth. but see, the Gov has no stance to be satisfied in this matter. They are the Restaurant, and we or the customer, that has been already paying a price for an order in which we have only been given 1/2 of so far.

the MMM Act is as good as place as any to start. We co ordinate with other like minded orgs, say the RNs, Teachers, Unions, Ect, and before the end of May (if we quit playing symantics) if we get to work today on it.

Do you not understand? They are going to shove that burger down your throat whether you want to eat it or not. So you think we should just let them feed it to us without trying to get the poison out? Does that really make any sense?

The grim reality of it is, we are not the only people trying to change the law, and the other people aren't on our side. If we sit back and just refuse the hamburger, the legislature will get the majority of state prosecutors and MSP to hold us down while they shove the burger down our throats. Hell, they are already doing that!

To sit and say I don't want your hamburger isn't going to stop you from having to eat it anyway.

Do you not understand? They are going to shove that burger down your throat whether you want to eat it or not. So you think we should just let them feed it to us without trying to get the poison out? Does that really make any sense?

The grim reality of it is, we are not the only people trying to change the law, and the other people aren't on our side. If we sit back and just refuse the hamburger, the legislature will get the majority of state prosecutors and MSP to hold us down while they shove the burger down our throats. Hell, they are already doing that!

To sit and say I don't want your hamburger isn't going to stop you from having to eat it anyway.

Bs. If you know what the votes will be. Say it. Who r r only no votes if u are so certain. What r u? Nostadamus? And I mean that in the nicest and coversational tone.

None of us know much of anything at this point. We have one chance the way I see it and that is to convince the democrats not to go along with the republicans. It is Monday and already in the short start of the day we are finding more evidence of the black hand clamping down. Timmah has a good idea. If we can find a way to do a mega-protest it might be a good thing. Sadly I think most people though are just completely apathetic even when it effects them directly...

I should clarify we are and will be trying like hell to get the language we want added to them bills before they get voted on the floor. I am just keeping it real with everyone that are efforts will likely fail. Every seed of doubt we plant tho has potential to bare fruit.

Timmah,

The burger shop is an interesting analogy but think about what you have seen so far in your visits to Lansing. The chef's in your Lansing burger shop believe they were hired by an owner(republican voters) that wants them to put out rancid burgers. They view you as a customer of the burger shop down the street. They do not view you as a customer or their boss.

Standing on the steps of the Capitol can be a bonding experience for the members of the community, but you have met these people (legislators) and seen them in action. Can you honestly say to others that a protest rally is the best way to stop the vote?

None of us know much of anything at this point. We have one chance the way I see it and that is to convince the democrats not to go along with the republicans. It is Monday and already in the short start of the day we are finding more evidence of the black hand clamping down. Timmah has a good idea. If we can find a way to do a mega-protest it might be a good thing. Sadly I think most people though are just completely apathetic even when it effects them directly...

I should clarify we are and will be trying like hell to get the language we want added to them bills before they get voted on the floor. I am just keeping it real with everyone that are efforts will likely fail. Every seed of doubt we plant tho has potential to bare fruit.

then get real and cut the scare tactics.

How do I know? Because I looked at who's in the state congress and how they normally vote on social issues. We need to get a better understanding of the big picture of how the state government works to get a better understanding of where these bills are going. The republican caucus has already amended the bills and made them worse....after the public hearings. All the republicans will vote along party lines and they're only a few votes short of a super-majority. Now add in the democratic black caucus.....they always vote against anything to do with drugs....period. Between the two groups there is a super majority.

The bills will probably pass.....unfortunately.

Archived