The Jackson Market

So...if the fm.in jackson does not continue. We shouldnt try something else?

I guess I thought this would be more warmly.received than it is

What do you all suggest? Im sure an option isn't patients going without meds. And I hope we arent saying we do nothing until something perfect is found...

If the jjackson fm doesn't open back.up what do we do?

And why can't the solution include detroit?

Jackson has been proven to be an A OK place to have a Farmers Market. People are respectful and low key. Everything it seems has been done to comply with all laws to keep everyone that goes there from being harmed. Detroit on the other hand has shown to be so against marijuana and right now, rather it be just because we focus on med. m or not, the law is seeking out those who use and grow MM not just the dispensaries in a large portion of that area.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow beagle don't be such a who-who. Must have grown up in the burbs eh ?

no I know how the D is I (was) a Street artist for years in the D ,I'v seen stuff there That NObody would ever wana see in real life,It's real up there and FYI i grew up Chalmers Area E.Warren and alter

here you go...

http://www.city-info...cording-to-fbi/

Detroit isn't Number 3 for nothing....

I just would like to point out that the farmer's market model is not known to be strictly legal. If you hold a FM you are endangering yourself, the vendors and the patients. As long as everyone is aware of that fact, then go ahead with your market, but please let patients know that they do have a chance of being arrested if they come to the market. I believe that's why 3MA is no longer supporting the Jackson FM, because it is not strictly, unequivocally legal.

I just would like to point out that the farmer's market model is not known to be strictly legal. If you hold a FM you are endangering yourself, the vendors and the patients. As long as everyone is aware of that fact, then go ahead with your market, but please let patients know that they do have a chance of being arrested if they come to the market. I believe that's why 3MA is no longer supporting the Jackson FM, because it is not strictly, unequivocally legal.

You are saying it is illegal for patients to aquire at a Farmers Market or Dispensary in MIchigan ?

We need to get legislation to legalize FMs and pass that legislation without opening up the MMMA.

yup i too agree it may or may not be legal

i think that is what happen last week with all the bs here it was about the farmer market and if went down who would go down for it the MMMA or the people in charge of the FM imo

No, what I'm saying is that patients could be arrested at a farmer's market. They will most likely win court cases if it gets to that, but they can still be arrested just for being there and in being in possession of medicine.

Even at the legal symposium I attended for Law Enforcement and Legal Professionals the message was patients could acquire from everywhere it was the persons downloading to them that could be at risk and I have assumed all people understood this .

I agree you may be correct in the current political environment of discrimination and abuse . That anyone feels that way should definitely be communicated at every opportunity to our state officials . It shows the act is not being implemented and interpreted by law enforcement and the courts in a non discriminatory fashion creating legal working application for legitimate patient needs .

People including the legislators can try to change the rules but the truth is that isn't the problem they were vague to allow for blanket protections the problem is conservative Judges and Prosecutors are not following it and how can one fix that ? All motivation in Lansing now concerns points of law that would define clearer parameters of arrest and or create more difficulty for patients to qualify that are not needed . People are being arrested the law is making it more difficult to convict them without bending interpretations of the rules .

The Jackson Market is the best model for distribution many patients have reported to compliment the assistance of personal caregivers and the only one I had heard that had the blessing of local authorities to operate with sub $300 pricing per oz .. What has occurred over the past week or so from people in our community rightly concerned for the safety of those involved sadly has merely increased the risks to participants and encouraged those who would go in and try to disrupt that market . I hope the medical cannabis community can see through the pressure to vilify a individual or their faults and understand the Farmers Market Model forever may be at risk and without community support they desperately require . They have shown they can be a wonderful alternative to dispensaries that can help keep pricing reasonable under a low cost model and put monies in the pockets of growers who take on risk , need and deserve it . Many are patients who cannot work unless more protections to employment like any other medical substance has are developed . This is why most not all are also sensitive to lower income patients and often assist them voluntarily .

It is very upsetting to think patients could be arrested thus deprived of medications or alternative medicine treatments that are not sponsored while incarcerated under managed care . Disability is denied while one is incarcerated . Why is nobody in Lansing considering what happened to Sal Argo from the stress of arrest nor the patients who have died in withdrawals being given psychiatric medications in our jails where patients do not belong . It is just too dangerous and Jails are not set up to understand patient health problems with every qualified card holder often being a very sick patient in spite of their conditions or disabillities usually being hidden .

This law should never be used to arrest patients to establish legal parameters and case law . They should form a drug court or some sort of diversion for every single carded patient that has a conflict . If the law is to be amended they should amend it to prevent any carded patient from being arrested before a hearing can be held to work out technical violations under the act that have been ensnaring individuals merely trying to operate in ways that provide for their legitimate medical needs . There are plenty of examples of arrests that have been over disagreements that simply are unreasonable to apply on the sick and injured working under a new law that legalizes medical use for qualified patients and a need for non interupted supply .

It is good to discuss these issues in a polite and open manner we can all learn from others . I had no idea patients had anything to fear at all . I would of assumed as soon as their cards were shown and they held under 2.5 ozs they would be released . Someobody has to write into law that inert ingrediants do not apply to med ables quickly that should be Lansings true top priority to help our community .

Since I've been a moderator here I've had someone contact my from Jackson for helping finding medicine. (If you are a reputable caregiver in the Jackson area, please contact me.) I will not publicly publish any part of the PM before I get permission, but they told me the FM in Jackson was $5 to $8/gram more than the local dispensaries. I don't know if this info is correct. I, personally, would never take a step into a dispensary or farmer's market until they are definitively legal. If this is true then this statement and all following premises are false:

The Jackson Market is the best model for distribution

While you think it may be the best model for distribution, it is not strictly legal at this point. What is legal is the caregiver system that we already have in place. This system works, I know, we've done it. My compassion club as 5 or 6 caregivers for every new patient. What we have to do is educate CGs and connect them with patients in a manner better than what most of the state is doing now.

The original compassion club model addressed these concerns and is a great workable system that would solve most of the distribution problems we are having. I'm not using conjecture on this statement. As I've said, we've made the system work very.very well in my corner of the state.

Since I've been a moderator here I've had someone contact my from Jackson for helping finding medicine. (If you are a reputable caregiver in the Jackson area, please contact me.) I will not publicly publish any part of the PM before I get permission, but they told me the FM in Jackson was $5 to $8/gram more than the local dispensaries. I don't know if this info is correct. I, personally, would never take a step into a dispensary or farmer's market until they are definitively legal. If this is true then this statement and all following premises are false:

While you think it may be the best model for distribution, it is not strictly legal at this point. What is legal is the caregiver system that we already have in place. This system works, I know, we've done it. My compassion club as 5 or 6 caregivers for every new patient. What we have to do is educate CGs and connect them with patients in a manner better than what most of the state is doing now.

The original compassion club model addressed these concerns and is a great workable system that would solve most of the distribution problems we are having. I'm not using conjecture on this statement. As I've said, we've made the system work very.very well in my corner of the state.

The caregiver system does not work for all needs of patients medical use and we have given examples and shown that time and time again . I never paid over $7.77 a gram in Jackson and Blueberry was giving away oil to cancer patients who could not otherwise afford or make it to help them using proceeds from the market to purchase supply to do it from patient caregivers who were also poor needing help to continue participating as long as they were willing to match the lowest price point anyone was offering . Many patients know that to be true and need to at least give him that much credit . That price point was more then 40% higher then caregivers were reporting receiving from dispensaries paying caregivers for product in Ann Arbor . I hope your not spreading facts like this in Lansing they hurt patients and caregivers both who despertly need a legal cash market in this State .

The caregiver system does not work for all needs of patients medical use and we have given examples and shown that time and time again . I never paid over $7.77 a gram in Jackson and Blueberry was giving away oil to cancer patients who could not otherwise afford or make it to help them using proceeds from the market to purchase supply to do it from patient caregivers who were also poor needing help to continue participating as long as they were willing to match the lowest price point anyone was offering . Many patients know that to be true and need to at least give him that much credit . That price point was more then 40% higher then caregivers were reporting receiving from dispensaries paying caregivers for product in Ann Arbor . I hope your not spreading facts like this in Lansing they hurt patients and caregivers both who despertly need a legal cash market in this State .

The caregiver system does not work for all needs of patients medical use and we have given examples and shown that time and time again . I never paid over $7.77 a gram in Jackson and Blueberry was giving away oil to cancer patients who could not otherwise afford or make it to help them using proceeds from the market to purchase supply to do it from patient caregivers who were also poor needing help to continue participating as long as they were willing to match the lowest price point anyone was offering ( I was told this only the parties involved can verify ) . Many patients were helped anyone reading the boards knows this to be true and need to at least give him that much credit . That price point was more then 40% higher then caregivers were reporting receiving from dispensaries paying caregivers for product in Ann Arbor . I hope your not spreading facts like this in Lansing they hurt patients and caregivers both who despertly need a legal cash market in this State . The caregiver position was never suppose to be a job in some peoples minds but many are trying to understand that too . The act is often interpreted very differently in persons minds based on their past experiences and particular requirements of medical use . Again something the courts and all of us have difficulty with unless we remember it was devised to be very general so as to protect patients and caregivers first from any and all prosecutions along with arrest if certain conditions are met . Conditions proving very difficult for some to meet and still have access to what they need under the definition of medical use .

I hope this helps with background information and I fail to see how a CC can facilitate for everyones needs under the law unless they are operating like a locker method or farmers market especially since it takes months to get cards , make switches and many patients need supplementall and emergency supplies only . I bet you could help us understand I know everyone is entitled to grow and also have a caregiver . However depending on one source or person has proved to not be safe , they get sick , have grow issues etc . Patients are too sick to qualify them and those unable to leave home are afraid to interveiw people in it . A storefront or market of some sort that provides for legal medical use to be conducted out in the open seems to be necessary . Jackson regardless of who runs it was a low cost model people were replicating even on the West Coast . Caregivers cannot exist without patients and the same with Farmers Markets they cannot exist without caregivers approval providing for a important check and balance in the system .

I understand that a Farmers Market would not be possible in many local communities and I think that is where we had problems when there was talk of spreading them out across the State without support in Lansing and a definitive law it just can't happen everywhere . Would you agree with that ? Can you accept it may be best to have everything out in the open rather then have patients access black market supply which every official from the State recognized as being protected for patient access during pre passing and immeadiately after the election in 2008 . Farmers Markets are not such a stretch when you consider those facts and that patients need a legal means that satisfies all aspects of medical use from more then one source for safe medical use to occur in practice .

Really, because it's worked for everybody in my area of the state. It might be the implementation of the system in your area that isn't working.

...and if it's not working there, what do we do to make it work? Unfortunately, there will always be people that will fall through the cracks. If we had nothing but dispensaries and farmer's markets there would be people that couldn't afford to go there. No matter what system is in place, some people will be shut out.

My point is, we do have a completely legal system in place right now that has the potential to help most of the patients. Why aren't we trying to make that system work? Why aren't we solving the problems inherent in the system?

Really, because it's worked for everybody in my area of the state. It might be the implementation of the system in your area that isn't working.

...and if it's not working there, what do we do to make it work? Unfortunately, there will always be people that will fall through the cracks. If we had nothing but dispensaries and farmer's markets there would be people that couldn't afford to go there. No matter what system is in place, some people will be shut out.

My point is, we do have a completely legal system in place right now that has the potential to help most of the patients. Why aren't we trying to make that system work? Why aren't we solving the problems inherent in the system?

1.BILL SHUETTE and dollar bills

people used to be able to find and offer meds on this site .now you have to be verafied this cuts off alot of peoples options.but then again profateers will be what they are

you can post offers/needs in open fourm. BUT, in todays political climate, I wouldn't expect many, if any, replies. VERIFIED OR NOT

Just sell to a cop with a card, test it yourself, good luck, I will stick to the patient caregiver system threw the registry as stated in the law, I for one do not want to be a test case,

Inspite of what many people may think because I support Farmers Markets this is very sound advice along with still supporting them in theory . It is sad when ones health requires someone to hope others take risk on that has been occuring . The key in Jackson is local authorities are supporting a hands off approach that few other places would but people are right to assume their could be conflict with State authorities . . Same with Ann Arbor , Flint etc and other communities with extra provisions in their Charters protecting medical cannabis activity in some manner . Though their has been discussion that Ann Arbors now take the back seat to State Law . I pray that is not true .

The recent raid in Kalamazoo was written up in the Gazette as a test case to CTP CTC transfers not addressed in the previous dispensary case . Let's hope the State will not go after patients or caregivers where local communities are ok with Farmers Markets before we have a new ruling giving them time to shut down if it goes against them or the legislator to pass a Farmers Market bill providing for no question of safe affordable legal access . The only problem is there isn't enough meat on the bones to pay the huge professional fee's dispensaries collect and pass on from patients so expect little organized support from the normal sources . Any support will have to come from the patients and caregivers themselves .

No, what I'm saying is that patients could be arrested at a farmer's market. They will most likely win court cases if it gets to that, but they can still be arrested just for being there and in being in possession of medicine.

Just a little reminder, Everybody's Cafe in Waterford (Oakland County) was essentially a farmers market. They may have been the first in Michigan. The county cops made fake ID and people got busted. They had the OK from the local police.

Genessee County is different. Medical MJ has been legal in Flint since 2007 and the Genessee County prosecutor obeys the law.

Genessee County is different. Medical MJ has been legal in Flint since 2007 and the Genessee County prosecutor obeys the law.

I just read on another board that the Gennesee county Prosecutor had a $20,000 campaign contribution from the founder of the farmers market there. He obeys the law, if you pay him enough.

What ever happened with the Cereal City farmers market raid?

How many are facing charges right now?

Archived