Obamacare Upheld By Supreme Court

Restorium2

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Then you were just ill informed. Who do you think wrote it?

Nancy Pelosi Said Dems Needed To Pass ObamaCare So We “Could Find Out What’s In It,” It Turns Out What’s In It Is A Fiscal Calamity

Before ObamaCare Passed, Rep. Nancy Pelosi Said: “We Have To Pass The Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It.” (Rep. Pelosi, Remarks To The National Association of Counties 2010 Legislative Conference, 3/9/10)

Nancy Pelosi Said Dems Needed To Pass ObamaCare So We “Could Find Out What’s In It,” It Turns Out What’s In It Is A Fiscal Calamity

Before ObamaCare Passed, Rep. Nancy Pelosi Said: “We Have To Pass The Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It.” (Rep. Pelosi, Remarks To The National Association of Counties 2010 Legislative Conference, 3/9/10)

RIGHT!!!! Go back and read what I said. You are not listening..... she definitely read it.

RIGHT!!!! Go back and read what I said. You are not listening..... she definitely read it.

Read what I said..I said she said you have to pass it to find out what's in it…I didn't say she did not read it..how many lawmakers did read it before passing it? Do you know? Was it JUST Nancy??

I heard it straight from her mouth!

Actually, It was not read before being passed..Nancy Pelosi Said..you have to pass it to find out what's in it. I think anyone voting for it should read it…is it not our responsibility to be informed?

That is total pucky. You are twisting to the point of insinuating something that's totally not true.

I'm not going to sit here and leave it at that because it would then be just and insult and hurtful.

So I will outline HOW you are wrong with facts.

Nancy read it. She not only read it, she assigned dozens of her staff members to take a section and spend a lot of time totally researching it.

What Nancy meant, that you didn't understand, is that there will be some answers, about what will happen as an outcome of the changes, that will have to been seen in the future to quantify.

You made it sound like Nancy didn't even read it, and that was mean spirited, if you were not just ill informed. Take your pick.

You are unreachable…I never said I was voting for him. I have innumerable times said I support Paul..you can read..right? That said I also said that knowing Romney may be the next president..if you care so much for this community..then what have you done to have our concerns heard where he is concerned?? Or does that make too much sense?? It's far better to do nothing..or just post videos and argue with everyone here, right??

The question stands..KNOWING that he may very well win. What have you done to seek answers or speak out for this community in advance? If the answer is NOTHING..save the comments about me not supporting MM…if I don't support Obama. I should be saying you don't care..I mean faced with the possibility he may win..you are doing what? I have a bit more foresight than you it seems.

Yes. If you wish to speak to the Romney Campaign about Marijuana in Michigan you must go speak to Bill Schuette. FACT. Let us see how that goes goes. Don't be silly. As matter of fact, i find that thread of the discussion to be ludicrous.

Have you read Obamacare? If not you really don't know opinion from fact. Here you go..get the facts..there's 2,407 pages worth.

http://www.healthcar...-protection.pdf

I have read the entire Affordable Care Act and your cut and pastes from right wing hack organizations do nothing to improve your credibility on this topic. It shows an extremely myopic view based on flimsy and sometimes outright incorrect "facts".

Actually, It was not read before being passed..Nancy Pelosi Said..you have to pass it to find out what's in it. I think anyone voting for it should read it…is it not our responsibility to be informed?

It was read by anyone that wanted to read it before it passed. That video of nancy was from months and months before3 the law was even finished being amended. You could read the original bill on the US. legislatures website long before the vote ever happened. Several final amendments were made at the end, but the entire bill could be read before the votes were made. It is just that fat lazy americans are too dumb to go read it for themselves and depend on partisan hacks and think tanks to base their opinion on depending on their prejudices.

So, people can say what they want, but the real fact is that my private messages have gone off the charts with desperate people trying to PROPERLY understand how to traverse the new healthcare law and how it will help them and what they need to do to get into pre-existing condition pools and how long it will be before they can finally get a healthcare plan in their families lives. So,... you all can siut here and bitchh and moan about this or that, in the meantime i will continue to help and educate the people who need this help and healthcare by letting them know how to utilize this new law which can help as many as 40 million red blooded Americans.

You can keep your nonsense to yourselves while the rest of us are out there actually helping people with a law that is not going away anytime soon. I will do wtvr i ca to help people get healthcare.

And lastly... who cares what Ron Paul thinks? Like his ideas are even remotely original. He is gone gone gone. Retired. Gone never to grace politic office ever ever ever again. GONE.

You have 3 choices for President who qualified for ballot in all 50 States:

Barack Obama

Timm Romney

Gary Johnson

You will see a green party in Michigan and a Constitution party i believe, but neither party qualified for all states and stand absolutely zero chance of ever being elected.

SO,... yea... quit posting ridiculous partisan hack nonsense to everyone and lets actually tell people how they can use the Constitutional law which was passed and as citizens, they have a right to use.

That is what i have been doing. I know many many many here wish that was the case because i have to help them outside of public forums because these topics collapse so quickly with partisan bickering and they do not wish to be called leeches on the system or not worthy of being able to BUY their own healthcare.

Maybe you read it but you did not understand it!

The ramifications to our freedom are clear and facts, period!

The federal gov can and does abuse power daily, again fact!

OC gives them more power to abuse, again a fact!

So it is clear you could care less about others rights as long as your good, fact!

Yes. If you wish to speak to the Romney Campaign about Marijuana in Michigan you must go speak to Bill Schuette. FACT. Let us see how that goes goes. Don't be silly. As matter of fact, i find that thread of the discussion to be ludicrous.

I have read the entire Affordable Care Act and your cut and pastes from right wing hack organizations do nothing to improve your credibility on this topic. It shows an extremely myopic view based on flimsy and sometimes outright incorrect "facts".

It was read by anyone that wanted to read it before it passed. That video of nancy was from months and months before3 the law was even finished being amended. You could read the original bill on the US. legislatures website long before the vote ever happened. Several final amendments were made at the end, but the entire bill could be read before the votes were made. It is just that fat lazy americans are too dumb to go read it for themselves and depend on partisan hacks and think tanks to base their opinion on depending on their prejudices.

So, people can say what they want, but the real fact is that my private messages have gone off the charts with desperate people trying to PROPERLY understand how to traverse the new healthcare law and how it will help them and what they need to do to get into pre-existing condition pools and how long it will be before they can finally get a healthcare plan in their families lives. So,... you all can siut here and bitchh and moan about this or that, in the meantime i will continue to help and educate the people who need this help and healthcare by letting them know how to utilize this new law which can help as many as 40 million red blooded Americans.

You can keep your nonsense to yourselves while the rest of us are out there actually helping people with a law that is not going away anytime soon. I will do wtvr i ca to help people get healthcare.

And lastly... who cares what Ron Paul thinks? Like his ideas are even remotely original. He is gone gone gone. Retired. Gone never to grace politic office ever ever ever again. GONE.

You have 3 choices for President who qualified for ballot in all 50 States:

Barack Obama

Timm Romney

Gary Johnson

You will see a green party in Michigan and a Constitution party i believe, but neither party qualified for all states and stand absolutely zero chance of ever being elected.

SO,... yea... quit posting ridiculous partisan hack nonsense to everyone and lets actually tell people how they can use the Constitutional law which was passed and as citizens, they have a right to use.

That is what i have been doing. I know many many many here wish that was the case because i have to help them outside of public forums because these topics collapse so quickly with partisan bickering and they do not wish to be called leeches on the system or not worthy of being able to BUY their own healthcare.

So it is clear you could care less about others rights as long as your good, fact!

Please stop this type of rhetoric! We don't need personal attacks.

Also, everyone please remember this is a forum board for medical marijuana patients, the majority of which are benefiting from social programs in the state of Michigan. (Appr. 65% are on Medicare/aid)

This is not a forum board who's main purpose is the espousing of political views. Please go to the appropriate forums if you wish to continue to argue about it. Here's a few links:

http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/

http://www.politicalforum.com/forum.php

http://www.libertynewsforum.com/

http://www.liberalforum.org/

What you mean is dont interfere with your misinformation about OC.

Please stop this type of rhetoric! We don't need personal attacks.

Also, everyone please remember this is a forum board for medical marijuana patients, the majority of which are benefiting from social programs in the state of Michigan. (Appr. 65% are on Medicare/aid)

This is not a forum board who's main purpose is the espousing of political views. Please go to the appropriate forums if you wish to continue to argue about it. Here's a few links:

http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/

http://www.political...m.com/forum.php

http://www.libertynewsforum.com/

http://www.liberalforum.org/

What you mean is dont interfere with your misinformation about OC.

No what I mean is we are getting complaints that the forum is getting too political from many angles and from both sides of the fence. We are trying to tone it down and get back to our main purpose.

The same problem is true when our main purpose is confused by a few with bashing Obama also.

That's the point.

No more partisan bickering on politics.

Criticism does not equal bashing. When a thread like the Drug War thread is intentionally derailed what it amounts to is a quashing of dissent.

The OC supporters refuse to debate the issues. They do not care how it was passed, what the ranifications are, or how it will effect MMJ. Romney, Bush, is all I hear, nobady seems to care about the impact if they get a little perceived buy off.

Maybe you read it but you did not understand it!

The ramifications to our freedom are clear and facts, period!

The federal gov can and does abuse power daily, again fact!

OC gives them more power to abuse, again a fact!

Your logic stream has the prowess of a well travelled snail.

It seems i understand it(ACA) better than anyone that posts in this forum from what i have read.

I already have insurance, so why would it be about me if i am only concerned for those that are unable to have or BUY their own insurance? Shouldn't i be taking your position that those 40 million people do not deserve the ability to have the security of health insurance because some unknown and unpronounced loss of freedom is going to happen? What about the freedom to buy health insurance without being discriminated against because of a pre existing condition? And many other examples of freedoms that are being curtailed by greedy corporations that take advantage of the weak and sick for profit? What about the fact we have to spend billions od dollars a year to pay for emergency care for people without any insurance? Shouldnt we be making them pay for themselves if capable?

I just do not understand why and how people involved with a compassionate use law cnetered around medical marijuana can be so anti healthcare for the general populace of the United States. Is the US that incompetent that we can't even properly supply healthcare to our brothers and sisters and expect them to take a little responsibility in either themselves or the community as a whole?

I can agree if ytou say the ACA could have been better, or if you say we should have had a medicare(single payer) for all program. I would GREATLY prefer that. It woul;d drive costs down and free up vast resources to be applied to providing actual healthcare to American Citizens instead of being spent on copious amounts of paperwork and wasteful processing.

So quite often when you speak with people who say they do not like "Obamacare", i find they do not like ACA for reasons unassociated with despising a healthcare for everyone agenda. Many many of these people are for medicare for all or some sort of single payer option, including myself.

But, with the freak out of Republican Legislators and teabaggers(republican base), we ended up without the "public option"(medicare buy in) which i supported. But i know what we did end up with still help tens of millions of our fellow brothers and sisters and i will help the ACA to be implemented and used by as many people as i can until I and whoever else can make "Obamacare" BETTER and expand the program into something more along the lines of a medicare for all program.

SO to me, you all are fighting the last battle still. This law is passed and aint going anywhere anytime soon. Time to figure out what to do now. I decided to help educate people about(the law) so they will not be overwhelmed when full implementaion of the law goes into effect in 2014. What are you doing besides making childish arguments about this topic?

Edited in blue

Edited by Malamute

10 Things You Get Now That Obamacare Survived

Your guide to the ways the Affordable Care Act impacts the lives of regular Americans.

By Andy Kroll and Nick Baumann | Thu Jun. 28, 2012 9:40 AM PDT

The US Supreme Court on Thursday largely upheld the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act [1], the centerpiece of President Obama's first term in office. Chief Justice John Roberts, a conservative appointed by George W. Bush, joined with the high court's four liberals and penned the majority opinion. In their dissent, the court's four other conservative justices said they would have struck down the entire law.

So what does the court's ruling mean for regular Americans?

After the ACA's passage in 2010, Mother Jones' Nick Baumann listed 10 ways Obama's signature health care law will impact the healthy and sick, young and old, rich and poor. Here they are:

1) Insurance companies can no longer impose lifetime coverage limits on your insurance. Never again will you face the risk of getting really sick and then, a few months in, having your insurer tell you, "Sorry, you've 'run out' of coverage." Almost everyone I've met knows someone who had insurance but got really, really sick (or had a kid get really sick) and ran into a lifetime cap.

2) If you don't know someone who has run into a lifetime cap, you probably know someone who has run into an annual cap. The use of these will be sharply limited. (They'll be eliminated entirely in 2014.)

3) Insurers can no longer tell kids with preexisting conditions that they'll insure them "except for" the preexisting condition. That's called preexisting condition exclusion, and it's out the window.

4) A special, temporary program will help adults with preexisting conditions get coverage. It expires in 2014, when the health insurance exchanges—basically big "pools" of businesses and individuals—come on-line. That's when all insurers will have to cover everyone, preexisting condition or not.

5) Insurance companies can't drop you when you get sick, either—this plan means the end of "rescissions."

6) You can stay on your parents' insurance until you're 26.

7) Seniors get $250 towards closing the "doughnut hole" in their prescription drug coverage. Currently, prescription drug coverage ends once you've spent $2,700 on drugs and it doesn't kick in again until you've spent nearly $6,200. James Ridgeway wrote about the problems [12] with the doughnut hole for Mother Jones in the September/October 2008 issue. Eventually, the health care reform bill will close the donut hole entirely. The AARP has more on immediate health care benefits [13] for seniors. Next year (i.e., in nine months), 50 percent of the doughnut hole will be covered.

8) Medicare's preventive benefits now come with a free visit with your primary care doctor every year to plan out your prevention services. And there are no more co-pays for preventative services in Medicare.

9) This is a big one: Small businesses get big tax credits—up to 50 percent of premium costs—for offering health insurance to their workers.

10) Insurers with unusually high administrative costs have to offer rebates to their customers, and every insurance company has to reveal how much it spends on overhead.

UPDATE: Here's one more big benefit we've found out about since the ACA passed:

11) Free birth control [14] and other preventative services for women, unless you work for a faith-based organization that opposes birth control [15].

Hungry for more? Read Adam Serwer's breakdown of what the Supreme Court's decision means and what comes next [1].

You know, I am kinda on the fence about the whole OC deal, but after reading Resto's threats to anyone that don't see things his way and even Mals BS trying to make it sound like the next best thing since sliced bread I am starting to lean back over the right side of the fence. Medical marijuana is not the only freaking issue people! There are many dangers with a lame duck and there are many dangers with a right wing straight edge mormon. But this craziness I am hearing out of some you is really off-putting. Wow.. I think Celli has the right idea, this thread has gone insane.