Obamacare Upheld By Supreme Court

Restorium2

And don't misunderstand I consider both of these men friends who I respect greatly. Especially Mal, we have done some amazing things together in the time I have known him, but this political insanity is getting crazy. I understand Mitt does not like MJ, or MMJ, but to say that he will single handedly be able to undo what all the states have done and are doing is a stretch and to say he even cares to try is a stretch. This country has bigger fish to fry and that is where we need to be discussing our differences in tact.

As far as the overall war on drugs Obama has been a huge disappointment, period. The black community has suffered more in the war on drugs than any other segment of our population, for him not to recognize that and work to remedy is a crime in my opinion.

Edited by SFC

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the overall war on drugs Obama has been a huge disappointment, period. The black community has suffered more in the war on drugs than any other segment of our population, for him not to recognize that and work to remedy is a crime in my opinion.

The sad part is that the "Black Caucuses" have been some of the most strident Anti Drug Zealots. Go figure.

No insurance is a right! You are confusing liberty and freedom with the fairness doctrine you create with your whoa are sick clause. Shall I waste my time mentioning the numerous examples of the federal government expanding everything they can into loss of liberty.

Lets see:

Patriot act

Medicare

Drug war

War in the middle east

Gun control act 1968

Sex offender registry

Children being suspended for motrin, plastic knives in their lunch, suspended for drawing a pic of a gun

Children being searched in school

Social security

taxes

An the list goes on and on and on.

But we should beleive you, you are the be all end all of wisdom based on BS, sell your smoke somewhere else! This will blow up in our face, we cannot afford it! And quit brining up other peoples money, it is theirs not yours to decide how it is spent! If corporations break the law they should be prosecuted, not made to pay somone elses bills! MMJ is going away with this law, you can count on that!

What I am saying is not an opinion, it is not guesswork by some self appointed expert, it is not copy and pasted! It is fact based on the history of how our gov operates, it would serve you well to learn that. And lastly governing is not about compassion. it is not fair! Get used to it and stop being a child! Compassion and help are up to the people and if it does not happen then change their hearts and minds, not force them into a gov cluster! More of the rich are leaving here then ever before, who pays the bills then?

Your law will go away you see because the minority approve of it. It was passed by dems who ignored the will of the people. Again another example of gov out of control, the people did not want it and they still approved it.

Your logic stream has the prowess of a well travelled snail.

It seems i understand it(ACA) better than anyone that posts in this forum from what i have read.

I already have insurance, so why would it be about me if i am only concerned for those that are unable to have or BUY their own insurance? Shouldn't i be taking your position that those 40 million people do not deserve the ability to have the security of health insurance because some unknown and unpronounced loss of freedom is going to happen? What about the freedom to buy health insurance without being discriminated against because of a pre existing condition? And many other examples of freedoms that are being curtailed by greedy corporations that take advantage of the weak and sick for profit? What about the fact we have to spend billions od dollars a year to pay for emergency care for people without any insurance? Shouldnt we be making them pay for themselves if capable?

I just do not understand why and how people involved with a compassionate use law cnetered around medical marijuana can be so anti healthcare for the general populace of the United States. Is the US that incompetent that we can't even properly supply healthcare to our brothers and sisters and expect them to take a little responsibility in either themselves or the community as a whole?

I can agree if ytou say the ACA could have been better, or if you say we should have had a medicare(single payer) for all program. I would GREATLY prefer that. It woul;d drive costs down and free up vast resources to be applied to providing actual healthcare to American Citizens instead of being spent on copious amounts of paperwork and wasteful processing.

So quite often when you speak with people who say they do not like "Obamacare", i find they do not like ACA for reasons unassociated with despising a healthcare for everyone agenda. Many many of these people are for medicare for all or some sort of single payer option, including myself.

But, with the freak out of Republican Legislators and teabaggers(republican base), we ended up without the "public option"(medicare buy in) which i supported. But i know what we did end up with still help tens of millions of our fellow brothers and sisters and i will help the ACA to be implemented and used by as many people as i can until I and whoever else can make "Obamacare" BETTER and expand the program into something more along the lines of a medicare for all program.

SO to me, you all are fighting the last battle still. This law is passed and aint going anywhere anytime soon. Time to figure out what to do now. I decided to help educate people about(the law) so they will not be overwhelmed when full implementaion of the law goes into effect in 2014. What are you doing besides making childish arguments about this topic?

Edited in blue

The sad part is that the "Black Caucuses" have been some of the most strident Anti Drug Zealots. Go figure.

That's because the 'Take Back Your Neighborhood Initiative' is in style with them.

And this post was not a threat. I repeat, This was not a threat. Maybe I should put that in my sig?

Edited by Restorium2

With that many pages of an act being passed without reading the content of the act certainly reminds me of the Patriot Act, over 5,000 pages long and only one member of the US Congress balked at passing the bill without reading it. Sen. Byrd from W. Va. was quoted as saying ,don't you think we ought to read this bill before we vote on it?

Farmer Brown

With that many pages of an act being passed without reading the content of the act certainly reminds me of the Patriot Act, over 5,000 pages long and only one member of the US Congress balked at passing the bill without reading it. Sen. Byrd from W. Va. was quoted as saying ,don't you think we ought to read this bill before we vote on it?

Farmer Brown

I'm going to say this very carefully so it isn't called a threat;

They read the wording. They look for any tiny crack in it where they can apply the right pressure to turn it in their direction.

Now with Byrd himself, I'm sure he didn't read much at all for many years. But that doesn't mean his staff didn't turn the thing inside out. Because that is what they do. By the time they are done with it, they not only read it, they wrote most of it. Just like what Schuette is trying to do with our law. Read it. cross out, make new wording, show it around, do it again.

Clinton’s large budget surpluses also owe much to the Social Security tax on payrolls. Social Security taxes now bring in more than the cost of current benefits, and the "Social Security surplus" makes the total deficit or surplus figures look better than they would if Social Security wasn’t counted. But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000. So any way you count it, the federal budget was balanced and the deficit was erased, if only for a while.

too bad gas was 156 a gallon then too,,,

Clinton’s large budget surpluses also owe much to the Social Security tax on payrolls. Social Security taxes now bring in more than the cost of current benefits, and the "Social Security surplus" makes the total deficit or surplus figures look better than they would if Social Security wasn’t counted. But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000. So any way you count it, the federal budget was balanced and the deficit was erased, if only for a while.

too bad gas was 156 a gallon then too,,,

Reagan-Bush-National-Debt.png

This time, health care spending had to be fixed to turn the ship around. No way around it. We are paying through the nose for uninsured people, who let their health go, because of ignorance of proper health care, and also not being able to afford it. It's a runaway train of spending when people who have no insurance let their health go to the point where a bad flu ends up with an ambulance trip to the emergency ward, costing up to $20,000 just because they didn't get some help sooner from their family doc, which they can't afford. Everyone chips in to pay that $20,000 bill. It would be better to pay their $100 office call 10 times a year. That will add up to a lot of cost savings when you look at emergency room statistics.

As you can see with the graff above, Clinton made most of his headway in his second term. It's hard to turn this big ship around in 4 years.

National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush

Credit: CBS)

(CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.

The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

The National Debt also now exceeds 100% of the nation's Gross Domestic Product, the total value of goods and services.

Mr. Obama has been quick to blame his predecessor for the soaring Debt, saying Mr. Bush paid for two wars and a Medicare prescription drug program with borrowed funds.

The federal budget sent to Congress last month by Mr. Obama, projects the National Debt will continue to rise as far as the eye can see. The budget shows the Debt hitting $16.3 trillion in 2012, $17.5 trillion in 2013 and $25.9 trillion in 2022.

Federal budget records show the National Debt once topped 121% of GDP at the end of World War II. The Debt that year, 1946, was, by today's standards, a mere $270 billion dollars.

Mr. Obama doesn't mention the National Debt much, though he does want to be seen trying to reduce the annual budget deficit, though it's topped a trillion dollars for four years now.

As part of his "Win the Future" program, Mr. Obama called for "taking responsibility for our deficits, by cutting wasteful, excessive spending wherever we find it."

His latest budget projects a $1.3 trillion deficit this year declining to $901 billion in 2012, and then annual deficits in the range of $500 billion to $700 billion in the 10 years to come.

If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.

http://www.cbsnews.c...han-under-bush/

Seems like it's time for Obama to stop blaming bush..

Can you imagine the interest that we pay because of Bush? That alone is mind boggling. Like if daddy had the credit card for 4 years, and mom now has to pay it off plus all that interest. Now dad says that we can't afford to see the doc for a few years to save money. Mom thinks that we better get our health in order as priority one as we move forward. No telling what else is coming at them in the future so health is always job one with her.

Ok..let me break this down for you….Bush was in office for 8 years and Obama has been in office for 3 and a half years. The debt has grown more in the 3 and a half years Obama has been in office..than it did in Bush's 8 years…

Yeah. That's how compound interest works. Read my analogy. And he had to shut down Bus's wars. That's expensive. With the wars closing down, and most of the terrorist leaders dead, we have a chance to pay Bush's interest down, and move forward in the second term, just like Clinton did. But who's to say if we will ever overcome Bush's interest bill. It's a WHOPPER! But we know who has a better chance just by looking at the graff of debt.

I did not put a graph in here..I guess I could but it's pretty clear some are ignoring the actual facts…the facts are Obama can no longer blame the debt on bush..and anyone who is paying attention should realize that.

Just like credit cards, you are always responsible for the interest on your debt, even if the card was ripped from your hand. Anyone who pays their credit cards understands that. Those that default might want to wish it away and move on. But that just puts the burdon on the rest of us to pay it off. Just like Bush's dept interest, which is astrononical. If there wasn't anything like interest involved, if it were that simple, then you could make the case that the debt was all Obama's. But then again, there are Bush's wars to end and pay for. There are so many reasons why America is paying for Bush's mistakes. But it is what it is. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get er done. Just learn from the big mistakes.

LOL, Clinton! The people to thank are Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and the rest of the tech industry. They surged the economy, not Clinton! Clinton raised taxes and nobody felt it like they should because of the tech boom. People ignore the part business played and give slick willy the credit.

The first couple years I would give Obama a pass, but now 3.5 years in and the debt still skyrocketing the pass is revoked. I do not believe Romney will fix it either however. I am happy we are out of Iraq and on our way out of Afghanistan but other conflicts loom on the horizon.