Patients And Demands

Kilo810

What I dont understand is why a caregiver complains so much about 1 free ounce a month. If a patient gives you the right to grow 12 plants on their behalf are they not entitled to something. 12 plants that yield 4 times a year at 4 ounces a plant is 192 ounces a year and lets just say you can only get half of that , it is more than enough to give every patient 12 ounces free a year. If I have something wrong let me know because I just dont get it

So you should pay for the genetics the electricity pots soil nutrients all for free no charge?

If the patients is set to get one for free and thats all they ever take and give no donations back to you how does that work ?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I dont understand is why a caregiver complains so much about 1 free ounce a month. If a patient gives you the right to grow 12 plants on their behalf are they not entitled to something. 12 plants that yield 4 times a year at 4 ounces a plant is 192 ounces a year and lets just say you can only get half of that , it is more than enough to give every patient 12 ounces free a year. If I have something wrong let me know because I just dont get it

it doesn't matter if u can produce 600 oz from those plants...you can only transfer them to the patient your growing them for, so u should only be growing as much as that person needs....

even if they have the potential of thousands of zips...the only way that benefits anyone is if the patient needs thousands, and can afford to compensate for the cost to grow them.

And what is it that you think the caregiver with 1 patient should do with 192 ounces? The patient in your scenario is taking 12 ounces a year, meaning that the caregiver has 180 ounces left over. What is he/she supposed to do with that? Sell it to patients who they aren't officially registered to? At best a level 2 risk. Sell it dispensaries? A level 3 risk. Sell it to non patients? That is just flat out illegal. It doesn't do them any good and in fact puts them in great risk by being over their legal limits. The idea is not to grow as much as you can, but as much as your patients need while remaining within the law.

also...last year all my patients got their first oz free from me... and i went to the farmers market to offset my expenses...i did not know the coa wanted to slay us...

i now KNOW the only true safe method to stay out of jail by applying the meaning of the law is to deal with your directly carded patients only....at least until the SC tells them it is ok to deal with any carded pt. or cg. they have the case right now.... we will know soon enough..

in the mean time...

i had to renegotiate with each of my people.... when they renewed i did just that... i let them know months in advance...so if they wanted to search for a new cg they had plenty of time....

all of them are still with me...and with the exception of one of them....they are all paying regular low fees to help me pay for the cost of growing the meds for them.

honest sincere approach allowed me to explain to them the current system and they all agree...

stay safe...stay legal...

i love LOVE L O V E growing my own medicine... i feel real help for the first time in my life...and i am taking a proactive approach to my healthcare.

​I would argue it is a privilege to have access to top quality meds whenever they need it in exchange for their plant rights. It is all perspective.

• MultiQuote

OK my whole thing is when you are allowed to sell your extra's to a dispensary then would you give your patients an oz free. Also if you only charge your patients if a plant grows more than you need do you give your patient the overages. I mean you can argue all day about the prices of car but at the end of the day if you have no patients you have no plants. Lastly what price per oz should a caregiver charge. I have no problem with freebies if you charge a decent price for your meds

OK my whole thing is when you are allowed to sell your extra's to a dispensary then would you give your patients an oz free. Also if you only charge your patients if a plant grows more than you need do you give your patient the overages. I mean you can argue all day about the prices of car but at the end of the day if you have no patients you have no plants. Lastly what price per oz should a caregiver charge. I have no problem with freebies if you charge a decent price for your meds

No one is allowed to sell extras anywhere, especially to a dispensary.. So you are blowing hot air. A guy I know well is in jail right now because he did that.

Ok let me help you get it! I have an awsome c.g! He is awsome because He can grow awsome meds and we have a great deal going, Now I want to grow, but I dont want to lose the benifits im getting from my c.g (and we talked for months about this) so I become my lady's c.g,

My c.g gives me 3 plants already vegged and ready to go into the bud room! and gives me some meds to hold me over till I crop! I killed all 3 of them! lmao all 3 of them!

I figure out what im doing wrong (dwc is not for me) so now he gives me this awsome mother plant (raspberry cough) Im so excited at the beauty of this thing, I dont even clone it bawahahahaha! and Im not a newbie, that is what is so funny! well after about 3 wks in budd I wind up with the same issues I was having with the last 3 i killed! now this mother plant is in promix, in a 10 gallon bucket and I grow in tents, so I have to take this thing outside to actualy flush it, I pour close to 20 gallons of ph'd water thru it, I get it from 3500 ppm and like a -2 ph level, to 1000 ppm and 5.7 ph, (yea outside, I couldnt pour that much thru it in my tent) I wind up saving it, I defoilage it, most of the leaves at the top were dead anyhow! I get 3 oz's from it, if c.g would have kept it, he most def would have gotten 6 oz's or more from it, No doubt in my mind!

ok so you understand this, now ive spent all this time on 4 plants (only the bud time) and wind up with one of them making it to crop, um am i supposed to give my patient all 3 oz's? she didnt get any for over 3 months! in your scenario she should get all of the meds this time, maybe by the time i crop again she will be almost running out, Now im starting from clone, so I got at least 3 months till I crop, now in normal circumstances I would expect at least 3 zips per plant, But im not to normal circumstances yet! It will prob take me well over a yr to lock in my grow, just like last time I did it, (been over 12 yrs since i last grew) now my c.g has been giving me live plants instead of the one just picked, my deal with my c.g is i get 1 plant every other month, sometimes once a month, he grows it, cuts it off at the pot and brings it to me to dry and cure! now our deal is he gives me live plants so I dont have to start from seed! and I done killed 3 of my 4 plants in the last 4 months!

It dont always work out that your gonna crop a 8 to 10 wk in budd plant in 8 to 10 wks, bunny muffin happens, power outages, bugs, ect, I only have one pt, I dont ever plan on having 12 living plants in my grow space! maybe 9 in 3 dif stages one day, and than It leaves me 3 extra spots for a new strain i may want to bring in, or to start a few from seed!

My c.g used to grow his max plant count, with 5 pt's and himself, you do the math, he dont have time to get a job! he quit his job to be a full time c.g like alot of people did when the law was passed, than the coa ruling busted all of their balloons, they no longer have a need to grow all the numbers, they have no where to off it! When you got a person growing any where from 60 to 72 plants it dont realy hurt to much if you lose a few, unless you get uh oh mites, and dont know how to get rid of em quick!

any way bottom line is nothing is free, even when I wasnt growing, I had to donate to my c.g, I couldnt in good faith just take my plant, a few times them plants he brought me to dry had 5 oz's on em, i have pics to prove all of what im saying, I take pics of the whole process and have been since day one lol! I donated when ever I could, and he had a hard time taking it from me, he didnt want it, I used to beg him to take it, I knew what nutes he used, id go buy nutes for him so he couldnt say no, i did anything I could to get him some cash, legaly of course!

Loose lips sink ships!

Peace

Jim

No one is allowed to sell extras anywhere, especially to a dispensary.. So you are blowing hot air. A guy I know well is in jail right now because he did that.

I said If, I'm going to say it again IF you can eventually sell to a dispensary would you then give a patient a free OZ a month. Also, If your are not allowed to sell overages then why would you not give your patient. I also meant to say I have no problem with NO FREEBIES if the price of the meds is consistently reasonable. Lastly what is a fair price per oz is what I want to know.

PS To the guy saying it is a priviledge to get meds GTFO here lol. Before anybody was legal people had their ways which is why it's legal now so let's not all be nieve. If a caregiver is not below 250 an oz it is a ripoff because the quality of meds Is all a matter of opinion. I don't mind paying but I want to know why a free oz a month or a free oz per cycle is too much for a patient to ask

Edited by RedWing Duke

• MultiQuote
  • [

I have patients and if I didn't I have my own pt card so I would be growing my own anyway. A fair price in my eyes for top shelf, well flushed, bug free manicured bud is 200 or so per oz for services rendered. That is where I am at, others are free to price their services where they are comfortable.

PS To the guy saying it is a priviledge to get meds GTFO here. Before anybody was legal people had their ways so let's not all be nieve. If a caregiver is not below 250 an oz it is a ripoff because the quality of meds Is all a matter of opinion. I don't mind paying but I want to know why a free oz a month or a free oz per cycle is too much for a patient to ask

You had your ways before huh? How's that working out for you today? If I was looking for a consistant supply at a fair price and found it I would feel it is a privilege, especially since it is legal!

I have patients and if I didn't I have my own pt card so I would be growing my own anyway. A fair price in my eyes for top shelf, well flushed, bug free manicured bud is 200 or so per oz for services rendered. That is where I am at, others are free to price their services where they are comfortable.

200 is more than fair, great reply sfc!

Peace

Jim

200 is more than fair, great reply sfc!

Peace

Jim

Yup. 7 a gram, right up the line. Fair for the grower too. You don't wonder if you could have given a better deal that way. It's as low as a legal grower can go. If you are cutting some illegal corners then you might be able to sell it for less.

Ok I could get with 200 per oz with no freebies as long as it is consistent. I feel like as long as my caregiver is honest and fair I have no problem paying that amount. My next question is can you sale to other patients that are not your patient

Ok I could get with 200 per oz with no freebies as long as it is consistent. I feel like as long as my caregiver is honest and fair I have no problem paying that amount. My next question is can you sale to other patients that are not your patient

And he is talking about real elite strains. Not the new fangled light weight stuff. Quality matters a lot.

you can only provide mm to your pt that is registered to you thru the registry!

Peace

Jim

Yes, they are correct Redwing. I cannot risk myself, my family or my patients at this time by transferring to a patient I am not connected to. And truth be told I have just enough or them right now anyway. If or when things change I may consider it, but truth be told I doubt I will ever be supplying the dispensaries. I am fortunate I guess that I am already busy enough between my regular career, being a husband and father and a grower/CG

What I don't understand is if being a dispensary is illegal why are there so many in Ann Arbor and what is a good way to go about a getting a top quality caregiver. Don't confuse my asking questions to start a debate as my unwilligness to be a great patient. I do not expect freebies I just posed the question.

I said If, I'm going to say it again IF you can eventually sell to a dispensary would you then give a patient a free OZ a month.

Yes i did many times i also met people i found here who were in need of charity and id give each a hodge podge of whatever i was currently growing provided they could prove their legal status because i was supplying the clubs and getting plenty enough to cover my costs but now with no legal venue to offset costs my gardens locked down to the 3 registered people in my group .

Whether they can afford it or not I'm able to give them more than they give me donations for because of the law regarding weight and what i can possess which is fine if my bills are covered but now everyone signing up for a card has the illusion in their mind caregivers are raking in piles of money so even though i can afford to pay why should i when others without money don't?

A perfect agreement would be as follows take a minimum of 3 a month once you pay for 2 you get a 3rd for free but most get their free ounce then wait until the next month when its free again do your math no money coming in but a good amount of free medicines leaving the garden but nobody's assisting to help with the financial costs of growing it .

I think that explains it in a nutshell.

Yes i did many times i also met people i found here who were in need of charity and id give each a hodge podge of whatever i was currently growing provided they could prove their legal status because i was supplying the clubs and getting plenty enough to cover my costs but now with no legal venue to offset costs my gardens locked down to the 3 registered people in my group .

Whether they can afford it or not I'm able to give them more than they give me donations for because of the law regarding weight and what i can possess which is fine if my bills are covered but now everyone signing up for a card has the illusion in their mind caregivers are raking in piles of money so even though i can afford to pay why should i when others without money don't?

A perfect agreement would be as follows take a minimum of 3 a month once you pay for 2 you get a 3rd for free but most get their free ounce then wait until the next month when its free again do your math no money coming in but a good amount of free medicines leaving the garden but nobody's assisting to help with the financial costs of growing it .

I think that explains it in a nutshell.

This right here is a perfect answer and I will pm you

200 per is fair.I usually give away my trim too.low income I give 1 ounce a month for a bill.it may not be a privelage to buy mm but its darn sure is a privelage to buy top shelf premium for 200 an ounce.dense buds, when an ounce fits in your hand, makes u stop mid joint and try to remember what you were doing...then you remember to hit it again,then yes..200 is fair.yes if I could go and take my overages to the disp, I wld have no problem helping out the needy...wait I already do that.would still be nice to take my overages somewhere without risk.

Edited by pergamum362

200 per is fair.I usually give away my trim too.low income I give 1 ounce a month for a bill.it may not be a privelage to buy mm but its darn sure is a privelage to buy top shelf premium for 200 an ounce.dense buds, when an ounce fits in your hand, makes u stop mid joint and try to remember what you were doing...then you remember to hit it again,then yes..200 is fair.yes if I could go and take my overages to the disp, I wld have no problem helping out the needy...wait I already do that.would still be nice to take my overages somewhere without risk.

Which brings up another variable, how you trim it, and what part you are selling as medical cannabis. Most good/real medical growers toss everything into the oil/butter/RSO/BHO/hash bucket that isn't the very best top buds. One grower will get 2 ounces of medical off a plant where another says they got 4 ounces off a similar plant. They are just including the mids and trim in their medical. Which would allow them to sell it much cheaper.