Protestors Want The Mma Changed.

Well, I hate to say I told you so but here's the first of the messages coming out in the media. Protestors WANT the act changed. What better headline for the legislators to grab hold of to justify making changes to the act?????? They're only doing what you WANT afterall, right?

http://www.wlns.com/story/19584948/protestors-take-to-capitol-for-medical-marijuana-act

Protestors have taken to the state capitol.

Organizers say they want the state to end what they call "harrassment of medical marijuana patients and caregivers."

They'd like to see the state make changes to the Michgan Medical Marijuana Act to give more protections to those people.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detroit Free Pres

http://www.freep.com/article/20120919/NEWS15/120919011/medical-marijuana-supporters-protest-lansing

Medical marijuana advocates will rally at the state Capitol building in Lansing today to protest legislation they say undermines the rights of voters who passed the state’s Medical Marijuana Act in 2008.

Hundreds of protesters from Michigan and other states are expected to attend the event, scheduled for noon.

They just about all say Protest about Legalization... havent yet seen what that discribes the bills or the real reason many were there?

These headlines are read by people that DID NOT attend, could be possibly be that they didn't know the reason or because the media coverage was written saying it was about Pro Legalization? Those healines don't do us any good with the non MM Pt's, the voters didn't all vote for legalization but for medical use..

When I was a minorml member, they were totaly against supporting mm ralleys, they didnt feel it was in their best interest when they are trying to decriminalize it, now all of a sudden they are all back, all of the first dispense operators, the new money despense wanna be's. and pt's and c.g's!

It realy dont benifit legal pts and cgs to be rallying at the capital with pro legalization groups, As I understood this rally It was supposed to be for Pt's and c.g's to not open or change the law, and open up a big can of worms by letting leo access the registry at will. The only way they should be able to access me in the registry is if I show them my cards to not get arrested!

Peace

Jim

Am I the only patient who feels used by someone who wants to legalize?!

if there were zero patients or caregivers arrested, harassed or convicted of possession or growing, i would agree that the mmma law was enough for patients to feel safe and secure and have access to their medicine.

but, as we've seen in california, montana and all other mmj states, patients, doctors and caregivers are under attack.

the only solution i see is full legalization.

that, or all of the sen jones (and even anti-mmj democrats) are voted out of office.

or you spend every 5 years coming up with new voter initiatives to fix the mmma, trying to reword the law until it sticks.

some seem to want to split the cannabis community medical vs recreational. both have the same goals, to use marijuana. do you think its right that kids are sent to prison for using marijuana illegally? or would you rather try to get those laws fixed??

as to the article, there are patients who want hte mmma to be 'fixed'.

stuff like:

protection from federal prosecution

removing the 2.5oz limit, it conflicts with 'amount of marijuana to treat illness'.

protection from invalidation of cards due to doctor error or missing medical record

decriminalization of growing marijuana for those patients whos cards are invalidated.

protection from discrimination at workplace (walmart vs mmmp patient)

reduction in costs for registration, why make mmj patients pay more?? they already pay health insurance (now mandated by law!)

better protection from health care, hospital, doctors dropping patients because of mmj

protection from drug testing

protection from cps

theres a lot of discrimination against mmmp patients right now.

dont you want to fix that ? maybe thats what the reporters are talking about?

Edited by teethpain

Great speeches and I do believe folks were there before it started and went inside to talk first. Any United show of support to protect our law is not wrong. It felt powerful, good messages, touching moments of silence for Renee and a lady who really did her justice with her speech, a lot of folks who have been fighting or were having "words" smiled, laughed, and shared companionship today. That is one of the most powerful statements we can make.

Great speeches and I do believe folks were there before it started and went inside to talk first. Any United show of support to protect our law is not wrong. It felt powerful, good messages, touching moments of silence for Renee and a lady who really did her justice with her speech, a lot of folks who have been fighting or were having "words" smiled, laughed, and shared companionship today. That is one of the most powerful statements we can make.

a united show of hippies to get weed legalized is far from a protest of pt's and c.g's the mentality of some people think if you want it you will get it, dont you realize there is a stigma against mj and its been there a long time, im pretty sure the politicians got a good giggle out of all the colors on people in the ralley, and that is prob all they are talking about, and maybe a few whispers of remember when they talked to the house of reps and that big group came in reaking of skunk budd! way to go, why not use medibles and dress like you are going to court at these rally's?

Peace

Jim

if there were zero patients or caregivers arrested, harassed or convicted of possession or growing, i would agree that the mmma law was enough for patients to feel safe and secure and have access to their medicine.

but, as we've seen in california, montana and all other mmj states, patients, doctors and caregivers are under attack.

the only solution i see is full legalization.

that, or all of the sen jones (and even anti-mmj democrats) are voted out of office.

or you spend every 5 years coming up with new voter initiatives to fix the mmma, trying to reword the law until it sticks.

some seem to want to split the cannabis community medical vs recreational. both have the same goals, to use marijuana. do you think its right that kids are sent to prison for using marijuana illegally? or would you rather try to get those laws fixed??

as to the article, there are patients who want hte mmma to be 'fixed'.

stuff like:

protection from federal prosecution

removing the 2.5oz limit, it conflicts with 'amount of marijuana to treat illness'.

protection from invalidation of cards due to doctor error or missing medical record

decriminalization of growing marijuana for those patients whos cards are invalidated.

protection from discrimination at workplace (walmart vs mmmp patient)

reduction in costs for registration, why make mmj patients pay more?? they already pay health insurance (now mandated by law!)

better protection from health care, hospital, doctors dropping patients because of mmj

protection from drug testing

protection from cps

theres a lot of discrimination against mmmp patients right now.

dont you want to fix that ? maybe thats what the reporters are talking about?

There are ways for people to get all the mm they need, in answer to the amount we are allowed to have, if I was doing only oil, well my c.g could bring me my 2,5 oz's and I can make oil like now, by the time i have that cooked down c.g can bring me another 2.5 and i can cook that down to, get the picture?

It is sad but ive always said people need to keep acting like it is not legal! I never had any of these issues before the law, I actualy worry more about my legal grow than I did my ilegal grow!

Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Peace

Jim

remember when they talked to the house of reps and that big group came in reaking of skunk budd! way to go, why not use medibles and dress like you are going to court at these rally's?

while i think its an assault on free speech that some people will (judge a book by its cover and) ignore voices which arent dressed in monkey suits, i have to agree that dressing up to get heard is the current situation.

having a suit (+ tie, hankerchief, shiny shoes, pressed pants, derbie hat) is yet another barrier that the elite use against people in the class war. well at least you can get a suit jacket for ~$5 at any salvation army.

how come everyone in the meetings or at the clubs arent dressed in suits? because its a pain, isnt comfortable, costs money to get cleaned specially, etc.

barriers, barriers, all i see are taxes and barriers.

while i think its an assault on free speech that some people will (judge a book by its cover and) ignore voices which arent dressed in monkey suits, i have to agree that dressing up to get heard is the current situation.

having a suit (+ tie, hankerchief, shiny shoes, pressed pants, derbie hat) is yet another barrier that the elite use against people in the class war. well at least you can get a suit jacket for ~$5 at any salvation army.

how come everyone in the meetings or at the clubs arent dressed in suits? because its a pain, isnt comfortable, costs money to get cleaned specially, etc.

barriers, barriers, all i see are taxes and barriers.

I honestly dont care how people dress or how or what their beleif's are, but if people want to be heard their is a way to do it so as to not make the whole mm community look like we are pot heads! thats all im saying!

Peace

Jim

Organizations sponsoring the event are National Medical Marijuana Coalition, Michigan Patients and Caregivers United, Michigan Association of Compassion Centers,

Are all in business of selling cannabis and are Willing to open the act up so they can profit on patients, so the title of this is correct

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/viewart/20120917/COMM11/209170302/Marijuana-Advocates-Plan-Protest-September-19th

"""theres a lot of discrimination against mmmp patients right now.

dont you want to fix that ? maybe thats what the reporters are talking about? "

There is a lot of discrimination against patients and caregivers - because the public can't tell if we are just legalization or really sick.

If you wanted to legalize marijuana to protect people from getting arrested - why not start your own ballot. It seems like legalization is riding on the patient and caregiver ballot for their legalization right. We did not ask to be sick, we did not expect marijuana to be the 'cure' - it was not a choice - a choice to be legal. It was out of need for relief.

Put a ballot to the public vote - decriminalize, or legalize - that is your right.

As far as patients and caregivers fighting for their respect and rights in society - why not let us fight for marijuana as organic medicine, a patient's need for quality life.

I don't need "flower the police", "Free the Weed" and tie dye t-shirts to get my point across for compassionate care for sick people.

Information should be factually not biased driven to discredit. I would say that with a smile behind so you don't take me as being angry as happened so many times in the past. I don't feel like it is worth smiling about. I am not angry but very dismayed by the lack of true insight.

Edited by restlesslegs

There is a lot of discrimination against patients and caregivers - because the public can't tell if we are just legalization or really sick.

so you are blaming the legalization movement for patients being arrested, fired, having cps take the kids away, etc?

dont make sense to me. maybe you could explain it?

It is what it is, now get back to work talking to your own reps and senators. No one should be surprised by now..

id like to see some brain storming maybe come up with something that works? we have all been calling the same muffin makers for close two eayrs now, maybe more.. phone calls have been done hundreds of thousands of them.... if you really hate the protest fine hate it.... but why not suggest a new idea. we have been calling, it got us a bunch of bills thrown at us.