Sad To Report The Attack Of Blue Water

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to many court rooms they were all Medical Marihuana cases and when they were picking the jury the judge would ask each one of them if they had cards and if they did the judge would send them home

This is something I don't understand. I thought that the prosecution and defense had the duty to select a jury - they each get to choose 1/2. How is it that the judge gets to choose? I admit that a card carrying med mj patient may be biased, but I am also sure that many other factors can bias a juror's decision in any kind of case. How does the judge correct for bias in other cases? Also, medical marijuana use is a HIPA protected activity. Why would a person be required to disclose HIPA protected information?

Edited by Chauncy Gardner

did the mmma disqualifying jurors thing happen in a fed court?

because under fed law mmma people are all engaging in criminal acts (possession, etc) so at least there would be a reason to disqualify 'felons' from being jurors.

obviously these judges werent part of the 63%. thats the trouble with having a law that is supported by half of the people. the other half are pissed as hell about it.

This is something I don't understand. I thought that the prosecution and defense had the duty to select a jury - they each get to choose 1/2. How is it that the judge gets to choose? I admit that a card carrying med mj patient may be biased, but I am also sure that many other factors can bias a juror's decision in any kind of case. How does the judge correct for bias in other cases? Also, medical marijuana use is a HIPA protected activity. Why would a person be required to disclose HIPA protected information?

The attorney for the defense, the prosecutor, and the judge, decide what is out of bounds before they start questioning the jurors. Like this; If it was a case concerning an insurance company they will automatically disqualify anyone who has been involved in sueing an insurance company. They must do the same with cannabis. They must include having a card as possible/probable bias. They will sometimes do a side bar and talk with the judge and then the judge disqualifies if he sees fit.

did the mmma disqualifying jurors thing happen in a fed court?

because under fed law mmma people are all engaging in criminal acts (possession, etc) so at least there would be a reason to disqualify 'felons' from being jurors.

obviously these judges werent part of the 63%. thats the trouble with having a law that is supported by half of the people. the other half are pissed as hell about it.

Duval had a federal jury trial. I didn't hear specifically about the juror instructions in that case. He was the guy who had greenhouses that were raided, then he put them back up again, they raided again, leaving the daughters state compliant greenhouse up. Then the feds pressed charges on him and his son who set up greenhouses twice, and left the daughter to grow her cannabis in her greenhouse.

Duval has said he's waiting for a presidential pardon. And he also says he can't figure out why they left his daughter alone.

Duval had a federal jury trial. I didn't hear specifically about the juror instructions in that case. He was the guy who had greenhouses that were raided, then he put them back up again, they raided again, leaving the daughters state compliant greenhouse up. Then the feds pressed charges on him and his son who set up greenhouses twice, and left the daughter to grow her cannabis in her greenhouse.

Duval has said he's waiting for a presidential pardon. And he also says he can't figure out why they left his daughter alone.

She had some real guts to keep her grow running. I'd head for the hills.

Edited by Highlander

And also the MMMA Law saids you can not be dinned any right or Privilege and I think being on a jury is a right and privilege

I think that you may not understand what is going on in the Courts (Oakland County) 1.first you are not going to be able to even say the words Medical Marijuana inn Court YET I say that because I/we have been in Court for almost 4

years

And we are not going to give up because we are fighting so that other people will have a fair trail

Right now it's business as usual for the Courts

Four years later, the Legislature finally has created a package of bills to fix the law, but it hasn't been enacted. Because the law remains fuzzy, it has been left to prosecutors to interpret.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thetimesherald/access/2817707281.html?FMT=ABS&date=Nov+16%2C+2012

And if it is left up to the prosecutors to interpret

Then what has happen to the by the people for the people?