Comments From Mich State Rep Mike Callton

I came across the comments section of this new group http://marijuana-majority.com.s133485.gridserver.com/ and found this comment from Michigan State Representative Mike Callton,

Michigan State Representative Mike Callton, a Republican, contacted Marijuana Majority and asked us to note his support for medical marijuana on the site:

“Aside from being a state legislator, I am a Chiropractor. I have had patients tell me about how medical marijuana has helped them without the side effects of prescription drugs. The light bulb flicked on for me when a patient came in telling me that he was dying of liver cancer… He said he was losing a lot of weight but could not tolerate the medicines his doctor had given him for nausea. He got a prescription for medical marijuana and he said it was really helping him keep weight on since it eliminated the nausea and improved his appetite… When I decided that I would support medical marijuana publicly, I had to consider the political ramifications. Would this hurt my chances of being reelected? 63% of Michigan voters supported the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act and 37% opposed it. You wouldn’t be in elected office very long if you always sided with minority opposition.”

This seems to be one congressman who understands what it means by a government of the people, for the people, and by the people. It makes me wish he were my representative. Hopefully his attitude will rub off on his colleagues and they will support our law as well.

he voted in favor of 4834, 4851, 4853 and 4856

With friends like this I gotta guess there is more, what other big arse bridge to nowhere ya tryin to sell me

I am unimpressed he says he made a mistake on those votes until his votes reflect his words. And not his bulging pocketbook.

Mike is a friend of money. Of that. We can. Be sure.

.... that mike callton?

Republican Rep. Mike Callton added that Brown’s remark went over the line.

"What she said was offensive," Callton told The Detroit News. "It was so offensive, I don't even want to say it in front of women. I would not say that in mixed company."

hahahahahaha what a vagina.

ok, here he is with an elderly medical marijuana patient , so who knows, maybe he does get it.

http://www.kottonmouthkings.com/kronicles/rep-mike-callton-elderly-patient-testimonial-medical-marijuana

Edited by t-pain

yeah I know Bob, warm and fuzzy, and happy to cash the checks.

If his caucus gives him cover, perhaps he may oppose a bill. Personally I think he is about the dough ray me...

yeah I know Bob, warm and fuzzy, and happy to cash the checks.

If his caucus gives him cover, perhaps he may oppose a bill. Personally I think he is about the dough ray me...

so hes a politician? just like the rest.

.... that mike callton?

hahahahahaha what a vagina.

ok, here he is with an elderly medical marijuana patient , so who knows, maybe he does get it.

http://www.kottonmou...dical-marijuana

People can change, I did, bless my wife's heart, I'd of been dead a long time ago if it weren't for her helping to reshape my attitude/perspective of life. I'll love her forever no matter how long that is.

I hope that Mr. callton has changed and helps influence his partners in crime to do the same.

Exactly Herb. And fact is I truly believe we have had an impact on more republicans than just Callton. They are much closer to with us than they have ever been. We need to stay engaged with them. The more they see us as just regular law abiding , tax paying people the better.

I came across the comments section of this new group http://marijuana-maj...gridserver.com/ and found this comment from Michigan State Representative Mike Callton,

Michigan State Representative Mike Callton, a Republican, contacted Marijuana Majority and asked us to note his support for medical marijuana on the site:

“Aside from being a state legislator, I am a Chiropractor. I have had patients tell me about how medical marijuana has helped them without the side effects of prescription drugs. The light bulb flicked on for me when a patient came in telling me that he was dying of liver cancer… He said he was losing a lot of weight but could not tolerate the medicines his doctor had given him for nausea. He got a prescription for medical marijuana and he said it was really helping him keep weight on since it eliminated the nausea and improved his appetite… When I decided that I would support medical marijuana publicly, I had to consider the political ramifications. Would this hurt my chances of being reelected? 63% of Michigan voters supported the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act and 37% opposed it. You wouldn’t be in elected office very long if you always sided with minority opposition.”

This seems to be one congressman who understands what it means by a government of the people, for the people, and by the people. It makes me wish he were my representative. Hopefully his attitude will rub off on his colleagues and they will support our law as well.

That is my Rep and before the last vote he told me he did not support our cause, but would at least check in to it. It seems he did and although many do not trust him I will until he proves unworthy of that trust. We have Judge McDowell in our area as well, makes me feel good to see people of power in my area side with us.

This is a new branch of medicine. Rep. Callton is very aware of the suffering of all patients. Not just the mmj patient, but all suffering patients.

He is also very aware of what the "medical system" does to new fields of medicine.

I believe that we can change people with the right information. I believe that is what took place here.

One at a time .. we can change minds.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see Mr Callton voted FOR these bills.<sarc>

So much for the morons that gave him $50,000+ to pass their dispensary bill. And give part of that money to people that voted for these 4 bills as well.

I find MACC and NPRA and the people here who wasted their money on this fool realize how DUMB and GREEDY they are.

Edited by Malamute