Rick Simpson Warning About Trash Oil.

GG QUOTE:

I have ran into a lot of people that have been taking "fake" RSO. Not just from one source, but from many. The poor patient gets fake oil at the dispensary, then goes to another place, gets fake oil, then finds a caregiver that told them they were making the oil from only sugar shake, then the patient says that the caregiver's oil was the best they had ever had. Yet, they have never even had real RSO. Maybe that is why their cancer is not going away completely. I am confident that Rick gets all kinds of cancer patients telling him that the RSO is not working. That is very frustrating to me too.

You need to expand on this 'fake oil' thing GG. I have had dispensary reports and they sell real oil at them. I haven't heard about any 'fake' oil. Fill us in about that. What Rick was showing us didn't look fake, it looked unfiltered. What kinds of fake oil are you running into so often(as you describe it)? Please give us a better idea about what 'fake' oil is.

Well, when I get e-mails and PM's of people asking me if it is normal to take pea size doses and larger and not feel any effects, well, that is what I would describe as "fake" oil. I have people ask me if RSO is supposed to be runny, stuff like that. These people are not all in Michigan, many are from other states and countries. When I say "fake" I am referring to it not being made to quality worthy of treating cancer and such. I am sure a lot of the oils have been made with real mj, but not made with premium buds.

Hope this helps you understand what I was trying to say regarding "fake" oil.

I agree, there are dispensaries out there that do have quality oils, I just have not heard much about them. Same goes for caregivers in supplying their patients, some good, some bad.

Personally, I think patients in need of oil for medical reasons, should be given the opportunity to sample the buds before and after the oil is made. I know if I were a cancer patient, I would want to have the most potent, high quality oil I could get my hands on.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when I get e-mails and PM's of people asking me if it is normal to take pea size doses and larger and not feel any effects, well, that is what I would describe as "fake" oil. I have people ask me if RSO is supposed to be runny, stuff like that. These people are not all in Michigan, many are from other states and countries. When I say "fake" I am referring to it not being made to quality worthy of treating cancer and such. I am sure a lot of the oils have been made with real mj, but not made with premium buds.

Hope this helps you understand what I was trying to say regarding "fake" oil.

I agree, there are dispensaries out there that do have quality oils, I just have not heard much about them. Same goes for caregivers in supplying their patients, some good, some bad.

Personally, I think patients in need of oil for medical reasons, should be given the opportunity to sample the buds before and after the oil is made. I know if I were a cancer patient, I would want to have the most potent, high quality oil I could get my hands on.

We can straighten this out much better than Rick did. In my opinion, Rick made it worse. Making vague claims with no solution isn't helping anyone.

I wouldn't count an email as a good way to judge the truth if it isn't from someone close.

You can't judge oil by if it's runny or not. You can't judge whether it's good for cancer patients by smearing it on a rolling paper.

You can make excellent cannabis oil out of less than premium buds. Oil that is just as good as made from the premium buds.

I'm not a dispenary advocate but I will not lie to cut them down. Every cannabis oil dispensary report I have gotten says they aren't selling fake oil. It ranges from good to great. That's as long as you know what to ask for and stay away from calling it the wrong thing. Don't ask for RSO or peanutbutter's oil, ask for the real deal, cannabis oil, or hash oil.

We can fix this but we need to stay very close to truth to do it. It seems we need to get on the same page here with our info.

Who told you that you need premium buds to make good oil GG?

Rick Simpson said you need to use only premium tops, not popcorn and trim. That's part of the reason I don't call my hash oil RSO, that and I didn't learn my process from his videos. Nor do I want to imply a claim that my oil cures cancer, but I will claim it helps treat the side effects of chemotherapy.

We can straighten this out much better than Rick did. In my opinion, Rick made it worse. Making vague claims with no solution isn't helping anyone.

I wouldn't count an email as a good way to judge the truth if it isn't from someone close.

You can't judge oil by if it's runny or not. You can't judge whether it's good for cancer patients by smearing it on a rolling paper.

You can make excellent cannabis oil out of less than premium buds. Oil that is just as good as made from the premium buds.

I'm not a dispenary advocate but I will not lie to cut them down. Every cannabis oil dispensary report I have gotten says they aren't selling fake oil. It ranges from good to great. That's as long as you know what to ask for and stay away from calling it the wrong thing. Don't ask for RSO or peanutbutter's oil, ask for the real deal, cannabis oil, or hash oil.

We can fix this but we need to stay very close to truth to do it. It seems we need to get on the same page here with our info.

Who told you that you need premium buds to make good oil GG?

Not worth the argument, just stating my opinion. My concern is for cancer patients, not if an oil is good for getting high or not.

Yes, good oil can be made with leaf and scraps for getting high, or to be used for minor ailments or illness. When it comes to cancer and other serious disease, in my opinion, the best buds will give the best results for medicinal quality.

No, I cannot provide concrete proof of anything, I do not have ten billion dollars to scientifically prove it. I do have a cured cancer patient.

I call it RSO because I saw the video, followed the directions, and I cured a cancer patient. It is what people are familiar with. Really not much different than calling a tissue a Kleenex right? Much like a previous post and the ALS / Lou Gehrig's disease, right?

Other methods of making oils, I cannot rightfully comment on, I have not made any nor tried any.

Most of the issues with the "fake" oil, especially from dispensaries, I mostly hear about it from Colorado and California patients. I can't help but to assume that it will become common here in Michigan one day too.

So, to each his own. My main concern is for the patients to not be mislead or deceived. They should know exactly what they are getting, period.

Not worth the argument, just stating my opinion. My concern is for cancer patients, not if an oil is good for getting high or not.

Yes, good oil can be made with leaf and scraps for getting high, or to be used for minor ailments or illness. When it comes to cancer and other serious disease, in my opinion, the best buds will give the best results for medicinal quality.

No, I cannot provide concrete proof of anything, I do not have ten billion dollars to scientifically prove it. I do have a cured cancer patient.

I call it RSO because I saw the video, followed the directions, and I cured a cancer patient. It is what people are familiar with. Really not much different than calling a tissue a Kleenex right? Much like a previous post and the ALS / Lou Gehrig's disease, right?

Other methods of making oils, I cannot rightfully comment on, I have not made any nor tried any.

Most of the issues with the "fake" oil, especially from dispensaries, I mostly hear about it from Colorado and California patients. I can't help but to assume that it will become common here in Michigan one day too.

So, to each his own. My main concern is for the patients to not be mislead or deceived. They should know exactly what they are getting, period.

Getting high? Where did you come up with that GG?

Here's the real deal;

You can make cannabis oil out of lesser buds and trim and make just as good of oil as you do with premium buds. 'Getting High' has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

You would have a little more work to get it there from lesser buds and trim though. The 'more work' is just filtering, IF you really need it filtered.

Here's the BIG DEAL so pay close attention:

The same active ingredients are in all of what you get out of a harvest. The only difference between the runny brown stuff and the thicker green stuff is there is more plant material in the green thick stuff. We have techniques to take it out IF you need to. We can take that thick green oil and turn it into the thinner brownish oil. In other words, that brown oil is inside the green oil. You would just have to eat a little vegies if it's greener. If the vegies don't bother you than why filter it out? Why waste the time? What I like to do is make it thick green and then use the thick green oil to make whatever kind I need for a application out of it. If I want runny brown I just filter it in a way to have just the runny brown stuff left. Now we actually have some light at the end of the tunnel. We have a goal that is based on real fact, not fear without a solution. We should use this thread to show how we can improve oil constructively. Quit calling it generic names like RSO and call it what it has been called before Rick was even a twinkle in his daddies eye. Lets do it right and start today. It's Cannabis Oil dammit. Cannabis Oil. Never fear, get your facts here, we understand cannabis oil.

I am not sure we are on the same page here.

When I say runny, I refer to where it just pours out like vegetable oil or water. When I say fake, I also mean people getting sick from taking it. When I have used the term Cannabis Oil, Hemp Oil, or Concentrated Cannabis Oil, I have been put down for that just as much as saying RSO. As for green tinted oil, well, I have nothing against it, for some it tastes gross. If it is made right, the chlorophyll should not be an issue in regards to medicinal qualities. Now, when the oil is not made correctly, or of very low quality and a patient has to consume mass quantities of the oil to feel any effects, I would presume the concentrated chlorophyll could make them feel sick.

Filtered oil, I question it, has the filtering also removed essential cannibinoids? Does anybody know, has anyone had it tested? I am curious to learn more. In regards to treating serious illness. We still know so very little about this plant, it is so very complex, it will require a lot to fully learn all that it can do, how it does it, and why too.

As for ratios, in regards to comparing high quality and low quality buds, I don't think any of us possess the knowledge to make any quality assumptions aside from judging by effects from the person ingesting, smoking, or vaping it.

I like to go with what works, old school or new. RSO, has proven to me that it works, so that is what I choose to go with.

I am not sure we are on the same page here.

When I say runny, I refer to where it just pours out like vegetable oil or water. When I say fake, I also mean people getting sick from taking it. When I have used the term Cannabis Oil, Hemp Oil, or Concentrated Cannabis Oil, I have been put down for that just as much as saying RSO. As for green tinted oil, well, I have nothing against it, for some it tastes gross. If it is made right, the chlorophyll should not be an issue in regards to medicinal qualities. Now, when the oil is not made correctly, or of very low quality and a patient has to consume mass quantities of the oil to feel any effects, I would presume the concentrated chlorophyll could make them feel sick.

Filtered oil, I question it, has the filtering also removed essential cannibinoids? Does anybody know, has anyone had it tested? I am curious to learn more. In regards to treating serious illness. We still know so very little about this plant, it is so very complex, it will require a lot to fully learn all that it can do, how it does it, and why too.

As for ratios, in regards to comparing high quality and low quality buds, I don't think any of us possess the knowledge to make any quality assumptions aside from judging by effects from the person ingesting, smoking, or vaping it.

I like to go with what works, old school or new. RSO, has proven to me that it works, so that is what I choose to go with.

No one is going to put you down for calling it Cannabis Oil GG. No one.

The reason it's runny or not has a lot to do with the plant waxes and lipids. If it has more waxes and lipids it stays more solid. It's easy to subtract these through winterization filtering. But you might not want to for what you want to use it for. It's a great option and it doesn't remove the cannabinoids. We know that because we understand the science of what we are doing.

I learned an easy trick to make the color change from green to brown. You set it in the sun. The sun eats the green out. There are all kinds of tricks like this we can borrow from the essential oil industry.

You are correct in one thing here GG, we determine if it works using patients to tell us. You should put a little more weight to that, it's our best tool.

Filter removed essential cannibalistic? None.with the method i use,,,,. but they will be removed with heat..... terpines and flavorids will be lost heating in the open air,,,, I filter all my oil ,, i can bring my oil up to 90 % THC

setting oil out in the sun wouldnt that start to break down the thc and cbn/cbdns as well

yes store all your oils in our of sun light,

This oil tested is 100 % decarbolosed Notice the trim oil at 80 % and the bud oil less, that is because of filtering,.2vwbfxd.jpg

Edited by cristinew

2 things here I want to say and, I am going against my grain by becoming the dreaded 'spelling police',

but i feel it is important to have scientific terms spelled properly and understood.

#1.) decarboxylation

  de·car·box·yl·ate [dee-kahr-bok-suh-leyt]

verb (used with object), de·car·box·yl·at·ed, de·car·box·yl·at·ing.

Chemistry.

to remove the carboxyl group from (an organic compound).

Not giving props to any one, but here is a post on this process:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/35900-the-importance-of-decarboxylation-in-edible-making/

#2.) I and my friends knew of this process long b4 we ever heard of Rick Simpson and I have issue with

oil concentrates from Cannabis being referred to as RSO.

My preference is still Honey Oil or Cannabis Oil/ concentrated Cannabis Oil.

jmo, thanks

The clear oil reminds me of bho.

Me too. Has Rick swung to BHO but forgotten to play that vidoeo to bring us along with?

In saying 'people will die' [from low quality, poor potency oil] he does not mean it is the cannabis doing the killing. Rather, patients are being defrauded and those oil producers doing the defrauding, are (knowingly or unknowingly) supplying Oil that is not up to the standards for OIl for the cure. Rick is astounded and offended at the disservice some are providing to the point that he wants those doing it knowingly, jailed--stopped from providing charlatan oil to those with cancer. 'People will die' applies to Patients being disserviced because they think they are getting therapy but really are being given a placebo in its place, who might have lived if given 'real deal' Simpson Oil.

It seems to me the broader question Rick needs to answer pertains to a standard. "What are the lab standards necesary to achieve (other than color) that set apart Simpson Oil that is the cure, from other oils that are not?"

Such an answer might set out lab measurements for finished product to achieve in the production of Oil. such standards will make for uniformity in Simpson Oil. By meeting this lab standard, Simpson Oil that is effective vs cancer can be distinguished from that which is not Simpson Oil but simply oil of another category.

Most every OIl will burn you in the sun,,, but maybe... I was talking about how light degrades Oils

http://www.luminanti...ioletglass.html

Not trying to hijack the thread ...

Violet glass has been in my radar for years.

If you are concerned w/ uv degradation;

For the violet storage jars Miron still is the leader

in this catagory from my research.

They are in the Netherlands.

http://www.miron-glas.com/en/assortments/Violet-glass

There is also Violiv:

http://violiv.uniqueglassproducts.com/

Violiv is trademarked, and I've been unable to find if it's Miron Glass.

Another distributor of Miron Glass :

http://violetglassjars.com/Welcome.html

Okay, back to previously scheduled program :)

Not trying to hijack the thread ...

Violet glass has been in my radar for years.

If you are concerned w/ uv degradation;

For the violet storage jars Miron still is the leader

in this catagory from my research.

They are in the Netherlands.

http://www.miron-gla...ts/Violet-glass

There is also Violiv:

http://violiv.uniqueglassproducts.com/

Violiv is trademarked, and I've been unable to find if it's Miron Glass.

Another distributor of Miron Glass :

http://violetglassja...om/Welcome.html

Okay, back to previously scheduled program :)

Thanks for the info, I have bookmarked the links. Saw some stuff there I surely would like to have.

Pic Book: I believe Rick's newer oil being lighter is due to his reducing the timing on the soak or wash. If I can recall, initially he said a 20 minute soak, but has since reduced it to 3 or 5 minutes. Different strains can have a big effect on the tint of the oil. For example: with my 4-G strain, the oil comes out almost clear utilizing a quick wash. My blueberry jam produces a darker oil with the same timing of wash. I did a comparison of each strain using mason jars to see the differences between them.

t-pain: I prefer alcohol type solvents. The reason why is mold. I have read a lot of posts (also heard on the weed nerd channel) where folks have complained about mold growing on their bubble hash and such. I really like how the simpson oil, whether it is made with everclear or isopropyl, or something similar, has an extremely long shelf life. For me, 2.5 ounces of high grade concentrated cannabis oil would easily last a year, if I only ingest it and not vape it, so it would require a long shelf life. I prefer to make the oil in large quantities.

Edited by GrowGoddess