So The House Has Passed Right To Work.

CaveatLector

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close, pretty close....well, no, not really. Not close at all. Here was the LSJ headline after the last rally.

Medical marijuana backers protest proposed Michigan legislation

Written by

Scott Davis

You can cherry pick headlines if you want but I had an entire thread started on this issue. I posted my sources then and the stories indeed said that protestors wanted the act changed. Here's one for your viewing pleasure:

Protestors have taken to the state capitol.

Organizers say they want the state to end what they call "harrassment of medical marijuana patients and caregivers."

They'd like to see the state make changes to the Michgan Medical Marijuana Act to give more protections to those people.

That was a report by WLNS TV 6 out of Lansing on Sept 19 this year. So, yeah, not only CLOSE but SPOT ON!

They have something we don't that's for sure. Labor has gotten several republicans to change their votes. We sure didn't succeed at that. In comparison, when we stood up united, we only held on to 4 votes from our side. This labor movement has some steam. Moving and shaking. We fell flat on our faces compared to their power.

They have something we don't that's for sure. Labor has gotten several republicans to change their votes. We sure didn't succeed at that. In comparison, when we stood up united, we only held on to 4 votes from our side. This labor movement has some steam. Moving and shaking. We fell flat on our faces compared to their power.

10,000 expected at the capitol today. 2 Detroit schools had to close because so many teachers planned to call-in to go to the protest.

10,000! And that's with only 17.5% of Michigan workers unionized right now. Yes, they have some steam.

10,000 expected at the capitol today. 2 Detroit schools had to close because so many teachers planned to call-in to go to the protest.

10,000! And that's with only 17.5% of Michigan workers unionized right now. Yes, they have some steam.

Many people, not in the union, understand it's vast potential to help people. This isn't a 'union member' against 'everyone else' thing. This is a middle class war where those who understand where the middleclass came from are fighting for other people, not just for themselves.

Here's another fact for you to consider;

If any union shop in Michigan decides among the employees that they don't want a union they can kick the union to the curb ALREADY. That's right, they already can do what most people think they can't do, be non union if they want to. All they have to do is get 30% of the workers, only 30%, to say they don't want one and BOOM the union is gone bye bye. It's already like that. So why all the bogus BS about the right to not have a union? Ah, to make it so workers can't get organized even if they want to, that's why.

Yep thats rite, When G.M had the bindry down in the fisher building, them guys were non union G,M employees.

They Still had a kinda union and collective bargaining thing going, pretty much the whole while I worked there (i worked for a temp company in there) when employees and managment had meetings they worked it out good enough so as for the real g.m employee's down there to stay out of the uaw!

If a shop wants out all they have to do is vote and like rest said they will be non union! That isnt to say not far down the road you loose the best bennys you ever had!

Peace

Jim

Many people, not in the union, understand it's vast potential to help people. This isn't a 'union member' against 'everyone else' thing. This is a middle class war where those who understand where the middleclass came from are fighting for other people, not just for themselves.

yep and we should be out there showing support also, (coming from an arm chair quater back)

Peace

Jim

Right, that was inevitable. The people rising up, defending the middle class, was symbolic. They are a sign of the awakening giant, standing up for their creator, organized labor. It's not the Chinese that will take the position of the most powerful superpower in the future, some of their people will learn how to organize like we did. Then the middle class all over the world will be the most powerful superpower. The studies are beginning to see this for what it is.

As previously stated, a majority of Michigan supports right to work. While turn-out at the protest was compelling, that is due to organized groups being able to get boots on the ground. That isn't indicative of the entire population. The following article indicates 37% opposition to right to work. A clear minority.

http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/16695

Most Michigan Voters Think Right-to-Work Is a Winner

Overwhelming support for choice in unionization

By Jack Spencer | March 30, 2012 |

A majority of Michigan voters support right-to-work, according to multiple polls done in the state over the past few years.

Earlier this month, Lansing-based

Let me point out that that "poll" shows support/opposition of the emergency manager law at 52% support/ 35% oppose.

Yet the election came in with results of 47% support/ 53% oppose.

I find that particular poll and poller to not be accurate. The number is 37% oppose "right to work".

Compare those numbers withtheir other polls, it would suggest voters actually oppose RTW by a higher margin than the Emergency manager law.

:-)

As previously stated, a majority of Michigan supports right to work. While turn-out at the protest was compelling, that is due to organized groups being able to get boots on the ground. That isn't indicative of the entire population. The following article indicates 37% opposition to right to work. A clear minority.

http://www.michiganc...ntial.com/16695

Most Michigan Voters Think Right-to-Work Is a Winner

Overwhelming support for choice in unionization

By Jack Spencer | March 30, 2012 |

A majority of Michigan voters support right-to-work, according to multiple polls done in the state over the past few years.

Earlier this month, Lansing-based

them polls are Nothing Remember

Let me point out that that "poll" shows support/opposition of the emergency manager law at 52% support/ 35% oppose.

I find that particular poll and poller to not be accurate. The number is 37% oppose "right to work".

Compare those numbers withtheir other polls, it would suggest voters actually oppose RTW by a higher margin than the Emergency manager law.

Read the story mal. It cites at least 2 DIFFERENT polls conducted by 2 DIFFERENT pollsters with very similar results. Furthermore, I am aware of at least one other poll with the same results but I cannot seem to find a link to it right now. Point being, this wasn't an isolated poll. So, :D back at ya! And one of these :P

ANd also, if Michiganders actually support it, why did they make it so voters could not have a referendum to decide for themselves? A sneaky maneuver to label it with appropriations to avoid allowing the people to decide.

Read the story mal. It cites at least 2 DIFFERENT polls conducted by 2 DIFFERENT pollsters with very similar results. Furthermore, I am aware of at least one other poll with the same results but I cannot seem to find a link to it right now. Point being, this wasn't an isolated poll. So, :D back at ya! And one of these :P

So both polls were completely wrong?

Hehehe...

ANd also, if Michiganders actually support it, why did they make it so voters could not have a referendum to decide for themselves? A sneaky maneuver to label it with appropriations to avoid allowing the people to decide.

The same reason a defendant will accept a plea bargain rather than going to trial, even if they think they stand a fair chance of acquittal. You want control. You want to KNOW what the result is rather than guess.

Basically what you are saying is that the Republicans KNEW that polls were nonsense so decided to keep the bird in hand. Give me a break.