So The House Has Passed Right To Work.

CaveatLector

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey cav ya see all them peoples out there today? those are the people who arnt gona have a job pretty soon. there gona be replaced by low wage workers and no benifits. all them uaw workers, skilled trades, construction workers teachers edison workers everybody that works for a union shop is gona be replaced. y'all must be proud today it was a big victory for you republicians

All to help the top 2% of the rich.

It is a travesty to all who have been here in the past

Time to become a slum lord errrrm successful business man (sic)

Gonna get rich from the trickle down effect of the poor souls given the 9 dollar an hour jobs from the self anointed job creators

Impeach Snyder immediately!

Hey cav ya see all them peoples out there today? those are the people who arnt gona have a job pretty soon. there gona be replaced by low wage workers and no benifits. all them uaw workers, skilled trades, construction workers teachers edison workers everybody that works for a union shop is gona be replaced. y'all must be proud today it was a big victory for you republicians

All to help the top 2% of the rich.

You realize how little sense that makes right? If it were going to get that bad then people would JOIN A UNION!!! Right??? If your ridiculous doomsday prophecy comes true then I suppose you can come back here and tell me you told me so. And if a majority of the Michigan populous doesn't want it then I suppose it will change at the ballot box right?

By bypassing the ability to referendum the RTW bill, it causes there to need 8% sigs instead of 5% sigs. It also causes it to be voted in a "yes" fashion over a "No" fashion if it were a referendum. As we all know, it is harder to pass a "yes" vote than it is a "no" vote initiative/referendum because the default vote always goes to No.

You realize how little sense that makes right? If it were going to get that bad then people would JOIN A UNION!!! Right??? If your ridiculous doomsday prophecy comes true then I suppose you can come back here and tell me you told me so. And if a majority of the Michigan populous doesn't want it then I suppose it will change at the ballot box right?

Does not make sence? Basic economics tells me it does!

Does not make sence? Basic economics tells me it does!

I don't know whose econ book you're reading from. Basic economics tells us that if conditions got worse then people are much more likely to join the union. This isn't a law that outlaws unions. So to imply that GM workers, or others will have their wages cut by 70% but NOT unionize is silly. Edited by CaveatLector

I don't know whose econ book you're reading from. Basic economics tells us that if conditions got worse then people are much more likely to join the union. This isn't a law that outlaws unions. So imply that GM workers, or others will have their wages cute by 70% but NOT unionize is silly.

there wages have been cut already we have made consessions the last 3 years. new hirers come in at 1/2 the current wage. they are allready hireing there non union temp workers to fulltime at less than there counter part union worker thats the fact.

this law was created to let the emplorer hire nonunion employees in a union controlled shop! let me say that again. a nonunion company is not allowed to work in a uaw plant this is why. and that is why we will be replaced.

there wages have been cut already we have made consessions the last 3 years. new hirers come in at 1/2 the current wage. they are allready hireing there non union temp workers to fulltime at less than there counter part union worker thats the fact.

this law was created to let the emplorer hire nonunion employees in a union controlled shop! let me say that again. a nonunion company is not allowed to work in a uaw plant this is why. and that is why we will be replaced.

Last I knew unskilled GM new hires start at $12.50/hour plus benefits. Correct if I'm wrong. Also, tell me how that isn't a fair wage for unskilled labor. Show me a profession that requires education and/or skills that pays much more per hour than that starting out. This whole "unfair" nonsense is just a load of crap.

Did you see the classless union thugs tearing down that tent on the capitol lawn the other day? Not only knocked it down but proceeded to cut it to ribbons. No one was arrested for that. No one, even though there is footage of their faces clear as day! That tent was huge and likely worth thousands. Unions are bullies, plain and simple.

It won't make any difference in a strong union shop.

No matter what the traitors in the legislator think, there are consequences. I wouldn't want to be the one undermining my fellow workers.

The scabs will have heavy equipment dropped on them and people will crap in their lunchboxes.

The unions will still have to represent them but I'm sure they won't be fighting too hard to defend these bloodsuckers.

"You want to fire him? Gosh we wish you wouldn't, but OK."

Edited by Wild Bill

unrelated to hostess, livonia's awrey bakery, after 102 years, is closing.

i guess the right to work thing wont help awreys.

now where am i supposed to get a cheese danish?

Think you got problems?

Where Am I gonna a Twinky????

And they were just coming out with new flavors, too!

But I think the recipe is on the net.... gotta run!

Did you see the classless union thugs tearing down that tent on the capitol lawn the other day? Not only knocked it down but proceeded to cut it to ribbons. No one was arrested for that. No one, even though there is footage of their faces clear as day! That tent was huge and likely worth thousands. Unions are bullies, plain and simple.

i'm sure glad you brought this up! Yeah i told them they were dumbasses for doin that but the truth of that story is they were bein harassed and pervoked by your bought and payed for tool your guys hired. so Who is really the Bullies here!

Bottom line here! :bow:

Last I knew unskilled GM new hires start at $12.50/hour plus benefits. Correct if I'm wrong. Also, tell me how that isn't a fair wage for unskilled labor. Show me a profession that requires education and/or skills that pays much more per hour than that starting out. This whole "unfair" nonsense is just a load of crap.

My arse. You didn't see the whole video apparently.

Let's say, for sake of argument, the bullies were being provoked. Nice justification for malicious destruction of property. Is that how you operate in life as well?

We went down this road and fixed it a long time ago. Things don't always look the same in reality as they do on paper, or in conversations that don't include the problems of the past. We will have to fix it again after a lot of trials and tribulations. History is bound to repeat itself here with this issue.

Edited by Restorium2