So The House Has Passed Right To Work.

CaveatLector

Thats the way i see it we better get moving because thats the way their are going to do with the mmj law one day soon we will wake up and it will be gone as we no it

And this will happen to us

that is intended to prevent the state’s voters from being able to legally challenge the law through a ballot referendum

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, right to work isn't an attack on workers. It simply allows one to work somewhere without being forced to join a union. I have family whom hated being forced to pay union dues just to work where they did. In their view the amount they paid the union was so far removed form the benefit received.

Yeah, it simply allows one to receive the benefits of union wage, benefit, and hour negotiations without paying for them. Who will pay for something if they don't have to? No one. So the union will lose all funding, and the negotiating power will end. Wages will fall, benefits will disappear, and hours will increase. Weekends will be gone.

Regarding protests not working - that's just because they haven't gone to the next level. Yet.

I'll leave you to figure out what that means.

Corrupt Capitalist Govt of Corporate Interests. At your service... NOT.

They're people too? Just not like me and you. They dont bleed, dont feel hunger, pain, disease. Thats all thats left for US.

They just live off us like great greedy parasitic beasts. Stinking up the place. Time for some Corporate & Industrial Strength RAID !

gallery_2767_472_27337.jpg

Edited by solabeirtan

Protests aren't necessarily going to change the immediate votes. With protests though, awareness of this issue is heightened. Just like with the cannabis protests. We try to get some press to raise awareness of the injustice. Without the protest, the same law would pass, that is true. The hope is that with awareness and time, the votes will change.

These kinda protests would do mm good if we could get a hundred picket signs in there that say mm pts support or dont support the right to work, if we put our names out there with others maybe they would put their people with mm protests?

Peace

Jim

I like it. Bit players . We could do dress up... Impersonating Teachers, maybe more like Union Workers or... Make some Signs! $25 day? credit, cash, product ....

zombies for hire

Are you poking fun at me? lol

Peace

Jim

edit= hey how did that video get snuck in on me, i didnt see that when I replied to your post? lmao

Edited by phaquetoo

Yeah, it simply allows one to receive the benefits of union wage, benefit, and hour negotiations without paying for them. Who will pay for something if they don't have to? No one. So the union will lose all funding, and the negotiating power will end. Wages will fall, benefits will disappear, and hours will increase. Weekends will be gone.

Regarding protests not working - that's just because they haven't gone to the next level. Yet.

I'll leave you to figure out what that means.

That is very, very flawed logic you are employing there. First, and I could be wrong, there is nothing forcing a workplace to hire nonunion workers that benefit under someone else's contract. I can see it now, a player being picked in the nth round of the draft being compensated as much as Ben Wallace.

Second, if your prophecy holds true then it would go full circle. Workers would lose the benefit of the union if it crashed. They would realize their loss and unionize. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. People aren't stupid. If there is the odd person among them that isn't in the union they would be ostracized and everyone knows that. Going to work would be hell on them if they had the benefit of union negotiations.without paying for them. This whole theory of the grand catastrophe is nonsense. Are you really all for an organized gang telling an empolyer they cannot hire someone unless the person joins the gang? Is this America or Amerika? From each according to his ability and to each according to his need.

it is their way of getting rid of the unions, if non union workers can work along side union workers, well that is the start of getting rid of unions, just like collective bargaining, if they cant get rid of the union one way, they will find another!

I was self employed my whole adult life, Ive worked union and non union jobs! I stayed in the union because in order to do hospitals, schools, post offices, well fare offices,Prisons, etc, you had to be union, alot of places have to use union workers! that is not a bad thing, alot of places dont have to use union workers, that is not a bad thing either, but to take our rights away, that is a bad thing!

Peace

Jim

Their certainly was violence. The really sad part is the responce that garnered. Too many times with Lethal force. Why wasn't this war addressed. The WAR on LABOR that has raged here since 1609. Kennedy started the War on Povertry, however like himself that wouldn't live very long. Nixon began the fight against theWar on Poverty with the dismanteling of the Office of Economic Opportunity but Reagon(corporate patsy) put an official end to the War on Povertry, with his declaration that " The War on Povertry has ended, however the bad news is: the poor people lost."

Apparentley he [RR] was involved in his own War on Labor also. Invoking the anti labor Taft-Hartley act that his buddies and him helped to pass. This would become a very restrictive and unfair labor policy for union workers. Him as Special Election appointed head of the Screen Actors Guild * in 1946 where he also worked with the FBI[snitch] to turn out Actors with "commy ties". This time to fire 18000 Air Traffic Controllers. Reagun began his carreer under one of Roosevelts own "New Deal" programs. The Federal Theater Project. He started out at the birth of Commercial Radio in 1932 [WOC - AM 1420 ! war on cannibus? WOC traces its roots to 1907, when Robert Karlowa began an experimental station in Rock Island, Illinois.] at its birth and was naturally(almost) present at the birth of TV. He went on to inherit the power of the mystery man JEdger Hoover and his resources as creator and eternal head of the FBI untill he perished ??? in 1972.

Edited by solabeirtan

This will not make us have more jobs in Michigan,, if there were many jobs, wadges would increase ,,, they want you to be forced into that low paying job,, take this 8 dollar an hour job, or starve,

In 1981 i had a union job that only paid 8.08 an hr till my probation period was over (90days) than i got bennys and like 9.65 an hr! and the longer i stayed and signed for better jobs the more i made,

Im not even suggesting it will create more jobs, but it will help the workers with better pay, and there is nothing wrong with people lets say building a cvs pharmacy or a tubbies sub shop, not being in the union, if it is not that companys practice to hire union workers, but still pay them scale, and then you have the union outside picketing the non union workers, does that mean them people are taking jobs from union workers? absolutly not, it means the ones that suck at their jobs now get a stiphon to picket where the union tells them to picket, Ive been on both sides of the street, and it mattered not to me! as long as I was treated fairly and the people working with me were, who cares!

Ive worked non union on military bases, selfridge in macomb county, we got prevailing wages working there and we were a non union company!

Peace

Jim

Getting rid of unions because of corruption and bad players would be the logic of an anarchist. What would be left?

Almost every right to work state is a red state, when the unions lose influence the entire working class loses influence.

Unions have a positive impact on all workers when unions have power.

Businesses that will flock here will do so because they will have low labor costs. We are the labor, why would we want that. We have mcdonalds and walmart for that.