Supreme Court Ruling - McQueen - Compassionate Apothacary

i tend to agree...

prices are most likely going to spike upwards for a time...

first they will drop like a rock because some caregivers lost their avenues to make money...

then they will go up as people become more desperate to find the medication they need.

eventually more folks will find a way to grow.. and prices will hopefully stabilize and drop again...

a whole lot of patients are going to wake up next week and find out the resource they have been consistently using is gone.

it is a real and definable problem.

it will work itself out i am sure of it.. but the next few months will be trying on a lot of people who were caught unprepared.

we have discussed it to no end.. in here and in my circle... but many people in the real world (outside of the interweb) are going to be caught off guard.

i personally am prepared for either way the SC decided to rule.. i developed my plan for one way or the other. and i for one am glad they finally released the ruling... i have been waiting to see which plan to go with A or B and now we know....no more waiting. it is official.

there is to be no patient to patient transfers of cannabis until another case changes the ruling.

there is to be no transfers of cannabis at all outside of the patients and caregivers who are connected through the registry process..

not that difficult to understand or follow....

unless of course you haven't been preparing for this inevitable outcome, don't get me wrong.. i would have preferred to be able to help any patient with a card unconditionally... but the Supreme court ruled our law was not designed to protect us that way, in that capacity.

time to push for new legislation if you can not figure out how to follow the protections offered in the act.

please do not encourage others to follow ignorance.

people please...

listen to the MSC - grow your own, or hire 1 caregiver to grow it for you.

and by all means be safe out there...

i pray everyone finds help and relief.

I see that the people getting cards will drop off a lot this time next year the amount of cards will be a lot less Imo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, the Supreme Court decision? Transfers from a patient to a caregiver are not allowed unless it is intended to alleviate the caregivers condition, and making extract for a patient does not relieve the caregivers condition. Only transfers from a caregiver to a patient are allowed. And only if they are connected through the registry.

Nothing about the MMMA is to relieve the caregivers condition

how many weeks do most here think it will legally take to get meds to a new patient.

if you cannot transfer pt. to pt. than any meds on the branch, curing or held in reserve for another patient are off limits IMO.

So if you find you have cancer and want to become a patient it is going to be 21 business days for application and then

at least 8 weeks if I throw the smallest of seedlings in a flowering environment. What does a existing patient do if their grow or CG have problems?

I would think that the same situation would apply. If I am wrong and could designate one of the plants from another patient or even provide prepared meds to new sign on,

then why would anyone ever sign with a new CG who has nothing going yet? Please do not respond if your answer is to break the law as a remedy to this situation. And this is the tip of the iceberg.

So while many here seem to be sitting back saying nothing changed for them I contend finding legally acquired good Meds has become so difficult for the new patient to aqquire as to be prohibitive.

I agree that most patients that have been exposed to cannabis for a longer period are not feeling this decision as a huge burden but we will never win the hearts and minds of the greater populace to this cause if relief is denied to the timid and inexperienced.

You make a lot of good points IMO the SC did not think of the sick person that needs MMJ right away

So 5 per/ 1 caregiver / = 5 rooms= 5 lights

I think now we will see that the Law they have maid it to be won't work imho

Agreed.

Let me present a specific scenario. You have a husband and wife team, both are caregivers.

Each has 5 patients, however, the husband does not have any plant rights for the patients on his roster.

Is it illegal to transfer from the wife caregiver, to the husband caregiver for the purpose of providing his patients with plants and/or meds?

Is the husband allowed inside the wife's grow room?

NO I think not so if the wife leaves and forgets to lock up ?? As long as the AD is still good but it won't be fun

And we can say that with out the In my humble opinion

Agreed.

Let me present a specific scenario. You have a husband and wife team, both are caregivers.

Each has 5 patients, however, the husband does not have any plant rights for the patients on his roster.

Is it illegal to transfer from the wife caregiver, to the husband caregiver for the purpose of providing his patients with plants and/or meds?

Is the husband allowed inside the wife's grow room?

The new question is ... Can my patient be a caregiver for others at the same time. I grow his he grows theirs? This action will allow more access.

I have always said that should I become a caregiver, it would be to provide topicals and medibles for those who could not produce their own. Until this last SC ruling, my though was that I was covered (without doubt) under Section 4; but not now

I agree and as I have said many time it's the AD that we all have and we our grateful they left that part in

All the MMJ States have a AD in their Law some state courts won't even allow any one to use it so lets all thank to SC for giving/leaving it in

The prices are coming down.

Many cg that refused to illegaly dump overages still offered Free Meds to their pts.

Testing, dispensaries ...that is where the Greed Thrives

Just say NO to testing or dispensaries

Give OUR Good Law a chance to work.......IT WILL

You must have a bunch of moldy bud to dump.

EVERY patient should be able to have tested bud. If they want it tested.

Every caregiver should be able to double check their bud for quality.

WHY WOULD ANYONE STOMP THEIR FEET AND INSIST NO ONE CAN HAVE THEIR BUD TESTED?

THEY GOT SOMETHING TO HIDE.

I don't think a patient can transfer back to their caregiver for any reason

The duty of the caregiver is not to grow, but to acquire and/or provide marihuana for the patient. If the patient grows his/her own plant, but desires topicals or medible, material can be transferred to the caregiver for processing, then transferred back. This would fall into the duties of the caregiver.

The new question is ... Can my patient be a caregiver for others at the same time. I grow his he grows theirs? This action will allow more access.

The reason the Supreme Court ruled the way they did was because the law limits the distribution stream to 5. Any ideas you get to circumvent that will be seen as illegal. You can transfer to 5 total if you have all your duckies in a row, beyond that is illegal.

The duty of the caregiver is not to grow, but to acquire and/or provide marihuana for the patient. If the patient grows his/her own plant, but desires topicals or medible, material can be transferred to the caregiver for processing, then transferred back. This would fall into the duties of the caregiver.

Right. Why not? No one is circumventing the 5 patient distribution stream to make money are they? That is the test.

The reason the Supreme Court ruled the way they did was because the law limits the distribution stream to 5. Any ideas you get to circumvent that will be seen as illegal. You can transfer to 5 total if you have all your duckies in a row, beyond that is illegal.

I see thanks for the quick answer R.

I agree with you, but I don't think the Supreme Court does, and theirs is the only opinion that matters.

Your patient cannot transfer any meds you give to him to anyone else legally.

The transfer may be legal, but how so?

What your patient gets from you is to be for the use of that patient no be covered under Section 4.

If the caregiver knows that those meds will be repurposed, I think Section 8 will apply to the caregiver.

"A person" can touch your meds all day long, as long as he or she is assisting in use or administration. Is making marijuana into extract assisting with use or administration?

Sure as long as Leo don't come in to weigh the pan of brownies your good

But if the AD is able to work you will be able to tell a jury that the amount of marihuana in them is way under what Leo would have you to believe

That's why IMHO the AD is sooooo important to us all and also why the courts are fighting so hard to not let it inn

But some just don't get it and opinion after opinion from the courts have left it

As it is

And it's still up to a judge to allow the jury to here WHY you did what you did