Supreme Court Ruling - McQueen - Compassionate Apothacary

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spoken with many of my fellow Caregiver's and they all seem be under the misunderstanding that this ruling just closes the doors of "Pot Shops". I reached my MM attorney, a Medical Marijauna advocate from day one, Denise Pollicella of Cannabis Attorneys of Mid-Michigan. She clarified the info with the attached file The Syllabus, prepared by the Reporter of Decisions. I have included it if anyone is interested.. It is my understanding I can not even give my neighbor, a fellow MM patient, a medicinal cannabis cigarette because he/she are not one of my 5 MMMP State approved/card holding Patient(s).

That is correct. It totally sucks!

I am definitely getting the feeling that some dispensary owners do not see section 4 as zipped up as we do.

I already knew that was going to happen, and by staying open they are just making all of us look bad. It's as if all MMJ PTs are breaking the law because a few are openly doing so.

I am definitely getting the feeling that some dispensary owners do not see section 4 as zipped up as we do.

Takes a lot of tax payer money to make a case against them. There's a lot of violent crime around. They will not be the #1 priority in most communities. Just an ugly spot on medical cannabis that we will have forever.

Takes a lot of tax payer money to make a case against them. There's a lot of violent crime around. They will not be the #1 priority in most communities. Just an ugly spot on medical cannabis that we will have forever.

I think we're going to see a lot close down still, probably through threats and intimidation before arrest and confiscation.

Currently, it is likely twice that much to get through one in Oakland County. That is assuming you win when the prosecutor tries to preclude your section 8 defense, and assuming the judge doesn't assume the "reasonable juror" role and disallow your defense, gagging you in the process. It is SOP.

If you are planning on mounting a full frontal sec. 8 defense then plan on spending at least that low end ($2500) on expert witnesses alone. Your doc is going to likely charge you several hundred per hour and you are going to want expert testimony at prelim, sec 8 hearing, and trial (if it comes to that). So factor in time to testify, travel, and time to hurry up and wait and you can easily eclipse $2500. Suggesting that a sec 8 is a walk in the park is a fool's errand.

why not?

8. Affirmative Defense and Dismissal for Medical Marihuana.

Sec. 8. (a) Except as provided in section 7, a patient and a patient's primary caregiver, if any, may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marihuana, and this defense shall be presumed valid where the evidence shows that:

I agree and will add if you are in court it's all you have that's why we need to support all the people and the Law and support what we have now not what we may have

If we all would just do that I think more people would not take a plea deal and then the courts would get more jammed up IMHO

Thanks for your support and for all you do here

And please ignore the naivety of the likes of PB, you see even under 5580, or full legalization he will never find an open door, sad but true. I cannot blame him for having dreams but when you have a stacked deck against you must live within the real world.

#1 Whoever benefits from a future dispensary bill will need to be extremely wealthy in order to get thru the roadblocks they will put up.

#2 Any law is going to put heavy restrictions on felons. Again, sad but true.

PB you have the freedom to grow your own meds, this should be enough for you considering your previous experiences.

And please ignore the naivety of the likes of PB, you see even under 5580, or full legalization he will never find an open door, sad but true. I cannot blame him for having dreams but when you have a stacked deck against you must live within the real world.

#1 Whoever benefits from a future dispensary bill will need to be extremely wealthy in order to get thru the roadblocks they will put up.

#2 Any law is going to put heavy restrictions on felons. Again, sad but true.

PB you have the freedom to grow your own meds, this should be enough for you considering your previous experiences.

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. - Upton Sinclair.

Peanut Butter. I try to give the benefit of doubt that one is no buffoon before coming to a determination that one is. It is over Love will have a chance to shine over greed. There is nothing you can do about it.

Leave the issue be PB. You are wise with marijuana though your heart is not true.

You can always change. If you want change.

There are people posting here that want to put patients and caregivers in jail.

so gfdkau you

Edited by mibrains
removed offensive slander

I agree and will add if you are in court it's all you have that's why we need to support all the people and the Law and support what we have now not what we may have

If we all would just do that I think more people would not take a plea deal and then the courts would get more jammed up IMHO

Thanks for your support and for all you do here

your welcome

thank you for the kind words.. i appreciate it.

Wow. I am truly amazed how many of you didn't see this coming or should I say "believe" this was coming. PB, please go away. You are a pariah to the entire state of MMJ. Tim, things are just fine around here without you. If you are so upset by this law I suggest you turn in your card and walk away from it.

For me, I have never set foot in a dispensary I have always had patients and I also have a solid regular income, life is the same today for me as it was last week. Good. Sorry if you had all your eggs in the dispensary related basket. Sucks for you.

life is the same today for me as it was last week Great for you and Am glad

But until its the same for all of us sick people I won't stop fighting for them

There are people posting here that want to put patients and caregivers in jail.

so gfdkau you

Nobody wants to put PTs in jail. Say it one more time and you'll get a time out.

We all understand that you just lost your income and are butt hurt. That's no reason to go insulting everyone that wants to stay within the law.

life is the same today for me as it was last week Great for you and Am glad

But until its the same for all of us sick people I won't stop fighting for them

we all want people helped. but remember not to the point of threatening to violate the law in a public forum.

Nobody wants to put PTs in jail. Say it one more time and you'll get a time out.

We all understand that you just lost your income and are butt hurt. That's no reason to go insulting everyone that wants to stay within the law.

ya what he said.