Supreme Court Ruling - McQueen - Compassionate Apothacary

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are planning on mounting a full frontal sec. 8 defense then plan on spending at least that low end ($2500) on expert witnesses alone. Your doc is going to likely charge you several hundred per hour and you are going to want expert testimony at prelim, sec 8 hearing, and trial (if it comes to that). So factor in time to testify, travel, and time to hurry up and wait and you can easily eclipse $2500. Suggesting that a sec 8 is a walk in the park is a fool's errand.

True but you didn't add enough zero to the cost

They don't spend much on you at all. You are mostly just filler. Keeps them doing something. And you keep telling everyone how bad things are for patients. They probably figure it's money well spent.

And just think I was trying to be nice and thought you were smart enough the money they have spent on us is over 500,000 dollars

As I have said many times its not about Bob and Torey it's about Sec 8 and after 4 years you should no that

Let's call them out by name. Give us the name of these devils. Then provide us with the proof of their intent (to put people in jail).

Nope .. one of the basic survival messages about posting here. From the very beginning.

Assume that they are here listening, and probably posting. To assume otherwise is foolish.

For anyone to poo paa that away, sets off a red flag for me. I would hope that it sets off red flags for others also.

Nobody wants to put PTs in jail. Say it one more time and you'll get a time out.

We all understand that you just lost your income and are butt hurt. That's no reason to go insulting everyone that wants to stay within the law.

I also have another minor problem.

Kevin is shutting down in Kalamazoo.

For a long time, he has been giving my oil away for free. Like more than a hundred bottles per week.

Free.

So now there are a lot of people going to be running out of my oil.

I can not:

1 give it all away free.

2 give/sell or whatever with any THC in it.

So for special needs patients, I will kick them out for $10 instead of the normal $75. Just kicking it around.

Ten bucks. Might be able to get some sponsors or something ..

They gotta figure out their own source of THC. That's for sure. Bud, kief, BHO or RSO

Next, it may be a functional replacement for RSO to simply roast keif.

Get everyone geared to take care of themselves.

It probably won't be free anymore. either one of them.

Nope .. one of the basic survival messages about posting here. From the very beginning.

Assume that they are here listening, and probably posting. To assume otherwise is foolish.

For anyone to poo paa that away, sets off a red flag for me. I would hope that it sets off red flags for others also.

So a basic rule of survival is NOT to turn out the confederates? Seems they should be tarred and feathered in the public square. Keeping it secret only invites their taking advantage of those who don't know. So out with it old boy!

I think it's time to bring up this model again:

If you want a distribution network to work legally for dispensaries for people who cannot grow, this is how you might do it, and make it infinitely expandable. As far as I can tell, every caregiver can be a patient and a caregiver. This of course, requires people to be there for the transaction caregiver to patient in order to legally pass hands for compensation. This also means bud tenders are out of a job unless they are your CG. You deal with 6 people max. 1 your source (unless you grow your own) and 5 your patients.

bwH9iEH.jpg

Edited by torpid420

If you are planning on mounting a full frontal sec. 8 defense then plan on spending at least that low end ($2500) on expert witnesses alone. Your doc is going to likely charge you several hundred per hour and you are going to want expert testimony at prelim, sec 8 hearing, and trial (if it comes to that). So factor in time to testify, travel, and time to hurry up and wait and you can easily eclipse $2500. Suggesting that a sec 8 is a walk in the park is a fool's errand.

My patients are free, but to give you the idea of getting some experts. My charge to outside patients is $300 an hour from the time I leave my house in Clare until I get home. My oil guy is a flat rate of $1000 per day. That is just for the expert testimony. Your lawyer is more, any other experts (trimmers for example) are more. And we'll all get to know each other really well over the 2 years we are doing your case.

Dr. Bob

If you want a distribution network to work legally for dispensaries for people who cannot grow, this is how you might do it, and make it infinitely expandable. As far as I can tell, every caregiver can be a patient and a caregiver. This of course, requires people to be there for the transaction caregiver to patient in order to legally pass hands for compensation. This also means bud tenders are out of a job unless they are your CG. You deal with 6 people max. 1 your source (unless you grow your own) and 5 your patients.

bwH9iEH.jpg

Problem is the medical use of the patient/caregivers is not there if you both know they are transferring it down the line so to say. That is the flaw.

Dr. Bob

This is precisely what I have in mind for a chain dbob. It can be more expansive when patients subsequently act as caregivers.I posted a system much like this in 2009 and have always considered that it is most complete when the initial growers are connected with any other participaing caregiver as their patient. In this system most people could and should be caregivers.

This can work in small, independent, non-centralized groups of several patients. It would, IMO, be a mistake to establish it on a very large scale, because all it takes is a card expiration with one of the cgs to break the chain. OTOH, the system has enough options and is very flexible so there are ways for the connected patients to manage it properly and maintan enough privacy to assure protection. It could come down to human error on the part of someone who likely smokes a lotta d0pe. There are plenty of people here who are a living testament to that.

Edited by GregS

Problem is the medical use of the patient/caregivers is not there if you both know they are transferring it down the line so to say. That is the flaw.

Dr. Bob

I never asked my caregiver when I had one where/how it was grown and told them to never tell me. That should be a standard written into any CG-Patient agreement that would nullify any relationship. Now that the court has ruled for certain on the issue (I was fully expecthing this) now I need a caregiver again. The problem is of reputation - there are far too many shady individuals and that's why I think compassion clubs should build a network of reputable people, run background checks, etc. It will be hard enough finding an expert who is free of drug felony convictions. Colorado sounds mighty nice right now.

Edited by torpid420

It’s not about who may be against the MMMA, who is for the Act and the patients, who is in for the money, who is able to get the medication, or what backdoor might open. The point is that we have a law that allows the legal medical use of marihuana. That used is limited, but it is 100% greater than what we in Michigan had in 2007.

Instead of fighting and debating what was tried, reputed, and/or rejected; we need to understand and embrace what we do have. Many patients may now search for a caregiver. Some of these caregivers will be used to grow, other to procure. Those patients with needs will some how be attended.

Just know that - Slow and steady wins the race!

Edited by Ms Chocolate

This is the type of plan I suggested in 2009. The problem I see with this now is in the last sentence:

The term “medical use,” as defined in § 3(e) of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA), MCL 333.26423(e), encompasses the sale of marijuana “to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient’s debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.”

This means for the alleviating the patient’s own debilitating medical condition.

I must confess, this ruling helps the caregivers of Michigan a lot.

At the expense of everyone else, including patients.

And that expense includes putting patients in jail. Find a caregiver or risk jail time.

Why should patients be marched at gunpoint to a caregiver?

That will last only until the berserk government comes in and takes your guns.

The decision is decided law. Get over it and use your fertile imagination to find ways to make it work within, rather than waste our time as Narcissus or Chicken Little.

My patients are free, but to give you the idea of getting some experts. My charge to outside patients is $300 an hour from the time I leave my house in Clare until I get home. My oil guy is a flat rate of $1000 per day. That is just for the expert testimony. Your lawyer is more, any other experts (trimmers for example) are more. And we'll all get to know each other really well over the 2 years we are doing your case.

Dr. Bob

People need to realize what a huge bonus that is to have a guaranteed free expert should the need arise. That is huge.

$300/hour is the low side of average for an MD/DO. You're looking at that much for a masters level botanist in my experience.

He knows the names of Leo's that are reading these post?

Don't even want to start one single word toward that discussion.

Just saying it should be assumed here.

While you were legal, there has been criticism here that you talked about starting plants on this site. As if talking about legal activities were a crime or something ..

Edited by peanutbutter

Time to get it together people. This is SIMPLE stuff. Teach a patient to grow. Some of those patients become good enough to be a caregiver and the cycle repeats.

It's not as simple as you think it is to grow if they have money to build a grow room and a space

1. Room for Veg

2. Room for clones

3. Room for flower

4. $$$ laying around

Then The CG would have to go to the home almost every day to check on things

Way to much time for anyone for no money make no mistake most caregivers may their money from the stores selling MMJ to the ones that could pay them

don't think any one of them will close down they are the ones with big bucks

and it's not over for them

This ruling will be appealed

Hmm, i guess you make growing more difficult and more expensive than it needs to be then?

I teach people how to grow regularly for cheap, inexpensively and produce top notch medication simply.

3 rooms? really? Heh.

We are talking about 12 plants here including clones in a perpetual garden. 3 rooms? really? Don't know what to tell ya.

I can get someone growing for a couple hundred dollars, maybe a few depending on what equipment they decide to buy.

K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple stupid.

Maybe i need to start teaching more people down your way. You don;t need to go out and spend $1000-$4000 to get a basic grow for 12 plants started. I mean wow.