Some Ideas Because Of The Mcqueen Ruling

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is my reading Northern Lab. It also allows provisioning centers to cultivate. That was never proposed before. It doesn't place any limits on how much they grow. If locals say no mmj from patients and caregivers and even no cultivation in their locale, oh how nice, the provisioning centers can call one of their brethren and transfer unlimited amounts.

Now to me, that is how they can neatly squeeze patients and caregivers. They will have their own supply, and bingo, dats dat...

It is indeed a blue sky glassy eyed request, yep, that is what this bill is.

At this time I think it entirely unlikely to pass even the committee, let alone the House. We will know more when the bill drops and we see the signers. To date we have 16 names, 8 in each party. But no Bolger or Walsh.... and that is noticeable in their absence.

So love it or hate it. But realize it will begin the sausage factory tour once it gets assigned to committee. It ain't ever gonna be the same, and it ain't ever gonna be any better.

Best guess it is strangled in the bed, very quietly....

But one thing is for sure, the big money interests have spent substantial amounts to get the bill this far. They are focused and motivated. Too bad they are greedy greedy greedy.

Edited by Hayduke

Okay. I see how you got there now. Thanks.

A municipality could prohibit that inter-provisional activity as well and require them to only purchase from pts and cgs.

I don't see how prohibiting it one direction or another would interfere with individual patients and caregivers rights to grow, though.

Edited by Northern Lab

There is alot of bad in this bill. It just happens to be placed in there in a sneaksy manner.

Since when does a dispensary operator deserve more rights and privileges than a patient or a caregiver?

Bleh.

I smell the stench of greed unfortunately.

It's too bad.

I say lets get behind the decriminalization bill that Rep Irwin will introduce and screew this Trojan horse bill.

Decrim is the real next stage in marijuana reform in this ste if that is what people actually want.

sigh...

supply and demand. This MS Ruling will certainly restrict supply in short order in most of the state. Many did not worry as much prior to this ruling, do to being a CG and having a clear law that said as a CG, helping "A" Patient was Protected under sec 4. Now it is clearly NOT. this is why supply will immediately start to shrink, and like any market, when supply goes down, cost of goods goes up.

That is econ 101. The Reason Mi up till now had "Overages" available, whether from a CG, another Pt, or a Disp or Farmers Market, is because CGs felt safe knowing any heavy yielding grows that occurred, they were SAFE from Arrest under a sec 4, because they could Help "A" Pt, or "A" CG or other Visiting Patients without fear of arrest. So long as the med donating person was a CG, and the Receiving person was a Carded Pt/CG/VP.

Its not a hard fact to see coming to pass by the end of the month.

well im up in iosco county, I couldnt even tell you where a despense is at this time, I can tell you where most of them were, and in roscomon county , houghton lake, they had at least 5 despenses in the same amount of miles, if you look thru that list of how many pts and c.g there are in each county, you will see that 5 in houghton lake, all the same high prices were to much, and there were alot of complaints even from people who voted for mm for pts, they dont want pot shops all over there town, heck there not even crazy about bud bash there, as far as i can see all they realy like is tip up town, and ticket drunks as they come out of beer tent and get on their sleds!

I didnt like driving down m-55 and seeing the neon pot leaves and advertising on there buildings, and one more thing, If people that are not pts or cg's dont like it they will not vote for it to be all out legal if that is what there town is going to turn into, they have plenty there, and the pts buying in houghton lake are only supporting over priced despenses and prob not even getting gas in that town, they spend their cash on mm and blow out of town, if there are going to be despenses they need to be regulated to the pt cg population around them. like maybe one per county out of town! That is one reason i like f.m's they were only open 1 day up here, didnt have a bunch of signs, they did it once a wk and gone, not there all week to remind people of the so called pot shops.

it would be nice if a c.g could suppply a despense, but in some way they have to be connected by the state, they could add something to the law to help c.g, I still dont know how a despense helps pt's more than c.gs, they are the ones robbing the pts!

If a c.g could get a nice pay day from a despense than they are most def gonna give their pts a good deal or something free, my c.gs prices didnt go up since the c.o.a ruling that made p2p ilegal and shut down the dispenses!

In my world nothing realy changed up here, and what did the s.c ruling do? nothing to any one I know, same ole same ole

Peace

Jim

Btw, i have always preferred the smallness of a farmers market that is run by patients and caregivers. It holds to the intent and system of the law. Increased number of patients a caregiver can help. Allow patients to assign more than one caregiver etc.

So many better answers with simpler means that would embrace the current act.

We shall see.

I think one sentence could solve this whole thing to the satisfaction of all involved.

" Any and all activity involving the transfer of medical marijuana between card holders within the limits described in

Section 4(d) of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act, shall be assumed to be for purposes of medical use, and are therefore protected by section 4 of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act"

Too pie in the sky or what?

Municipalities can prohibit provisioning centers from buying from patients and caregivers, but they have the unlimited capacity to grow their own, or buy from other provisioning centers.

They couldn't grow unlimited numbers of plants, the feds kick in at 99. That coupled with the fact that this bill specifically states that it does not protect the PC's from federal law.

Is there anything in this bill that would prevent a farmers market from functioning as a provisioning center, where the farmers are agents of the PC. I have not found anything yet that would exclude this. It appears that communities would have the power to allow multiple models at their discretion.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

If the farmers market was on commercial property and the community allowed it then a farmers market would fit into this bill nicely. You register with the market(PC) as an agent, pass a background check and track the sales that occur. The meds could be given away for free if that particular agent chose to do so. If they are "greedy" and feel that they deserve money for their meds then they could set whatever price they wanted. This bill appears to allow whatever the local community wishes to allow.

If the farmers market was on commercial property and the community allowed it then a farmers market would fit into this bill nicely. You register with the market(PC) as an agent, pass a background check and track the sales that occur. The meds could be given away for free if that particular agent chose to do so. If they are "greedy" and feel that they deserve money for their meds then they could set whatever price they wanted. This bill appears to allow whatever the local community wishes to allow.

If they are greedy they will charge for it? say what? Ok im gonna just grow a whole bunch of extra so I can give it away! NOT ,,,,Not at a farm market, a fm is for cg to get pt meds at a lower cost, not for free, there could be some who roll a bunch and give a joint or 2 to one person, but Im gonna go to a farm market after busting my butt growing it, rent a table and give it away for free, Not in your life time!

But if I were allowed to go and sell my mm at fm's my pts could possibly all benifit from that!

Your saying that freaked me out, and I have a c.g who I get all for free from still!

To me a farm market would be to off set my pts cost, the more i made at the f,m the more free my pts would get! and id be fair at a f,m, I beleive 10 a gram is a good price for quality mm!

Peace

Jim

I believe that some dispensaries will stay open and have a successful section 8 defense.

Some people will not want to fight the battle and "cut their garden size by 75%".

The perception that has been created will effect supply whether it is now "legal" or not.

Edit:

From what I have read all McQueen did was state that section 4 does not allow for the distribution model that some dispensaries used and the prosecutor was entitled to the injunction he/she was seeking. It was a civil case so section 8 could not be brought into it. The issue is far from settled.

So how will a Sec 8 help a Dispensary first the Doc Has to come in to court and testify and that's we're things go wrong

So how will a Sec 8 help a Dispensary first the Doc Has to come in to court and testify and that's we're things go wrong

My statement was based upon an assumption that may or may not be true. If all parties involved have a "valid" doc referral then I am hoping that section 8 will help them/you. I am hoping the McQueen ruling clears the path for section 8 to start being used and to provide a broader protection than section 4. Maybe that will never happen, maybe it will. Maybe the PC bill will pass and it wont matter.

My statement was based upon an assumption that may or may not be true. If all parties involved have a "valid" doc referral then I am hoping that section 8 will help them/you. I am hoping the McQueen ruling clears the path for section 8 to start being used and to provide a broader protection than section 4. Maybe that will never happen, maybe it will. Maybe the PC bill will pass and it wont matter.

But first it has to begin happening and I do see some dismisses a lot more then we did in 09 for sure

Just not in front of a jury yet

thats another reasons dispensaries are useful.

they have money.

they have money to spend on lawyers, filing appeals to the supreme court.

most patients do not have this luxury.

would you rather have mcqueen go to the supreme court, or king ?

something to think about. i like to have buffers and higher profile targets between me and crazy prosecutors.

dispensaries are a buffer. they attract attention, news reports, police , prosecutors, congresspeople,

dispensaries are the nail that sticks out. when it gets pounded back in, we're all the same height.