3 Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Raided

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - Several people may be charged with felonies, after three medical marijuana dispensaries were raided this week.

Police told 24 Hour News 8 they seized marijuana, food with marijuana in it, and financial records when they searched the facilities Wednesday.

We know two of the dispensaries -- Mid-Michigan Compassion Club, 933 Leonard St. NW and Natural Wellness, 1240 Taylor Ave. NE -- are open for business.

Grand Rapids police also served a search warrant at an unnamed shop.

The raids happened after the Michigan Supreme Court ruled dispensaries basically violate state law.

Police said they plan to present their reports to prosecutors for any possible charges. They also said any evidence they seized will all be held until the end of any criminal case.

Anything to break the players already in the game.

Got to soften the competition for the legislatures buddies who are going to be in the front of the line for the licenses for the Approved Dispensaries.

Gubmint, at its finest....

And the Leo's wonder why they Get Zero Respect on these subjects.... Tools

i gotta disagree ilynnboy...

only because it has been all over the news since the SC ruled.... not just beat to death around here...

anyone still operating in a capacity outside of the carded registry had to know they were a target.

legislation has been presented... (but is not even really necessarily needed)

to allow dispensaries (PC's)

but it is not approved.

it is in the planning phase.

they had to close and wait. until they are allowed.

that's a whole different story tho. just because many people like and support a dispensary style of medicine distribution does not mean they were permitted.

unfortunately the SC said no...

as well as the ones who wrote the act in the first place.

the people are speaking.. they seem to want dispensaries... so the legislators will give it to them maybe.

but.

thats a new law....

I will say that they are Illegal always have been ,, its states clearly in section 6 d that a caregiver can only assist 5 patients with the medical Use

but what some people will do is beyond me,,, they will see being in the hands of the Michigan department of corrections is not a fun place to be,

sometimes that pot of gold is just not worth it,

I will say that they are Illegal always have been ,, its states clearly in section 6 d that a caregiver can only assist 5 patients with the medical Use

but what some people will do is beyond me,,, they will see being in the hands of the Michigan department of corrections is not a fun place to be,

sometimes that pot of gold is just not worth it,

they will be able to use Sec 8 as all should be able to imho

I never stated legality, John.

I simply made a casual observation based upon the legislature delving into the subject.

Wouldn't it be a better use of resources to wait until the Legislature passes or fails at their attempt to bring the market into the open?

I do not know.

I do not think it wise use of resources to handle it the way they are.

After all it may be a sanctioned place in Six months if the proposed bills get passed into law.

Not arguing, just asking.

Edited by ilynnboy

I never stated legality, John.

I simply made a casual observation based upon the legislature delving into the subject.

Wouldn't it be a better use of resources to wait until the Legislature passes or fails at their attempt to bring the market into the open?

I do not know.

I do not think it wise use of resources to handle it the way they are.

After all it may be a sanctioned place in Six months if the proposed bills get passed into law.

Not arguing, just asking.

excellent question...

is it a waste of resources to address this issue now... with pending legislation to legitimize them... particularly when the legislation has a reciprocity clause...

i say yes...it is a waste and Law enforcement has better things they should be doing...

they did get the warning.. to close voluntarily...

so it's such a multi layered issue.