Why Can I Not Find Any Patients In Lansing?

meds2you

I am having a hard time filling my remaining 3 spots. Is there something that I am not doing right. I grow organic plants which produce amazing buds but less per plant then expected but they are good meds. My current patients are very happy and like what they have received. So if anyone can help me in finding some patients or maybe telling me where I can go to locate them, that would be very helpful.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you treat your patients right and consistently produce quality meds eventually your patients will run into other patients, word of mouth will spread that you are a quality Cg, then you will quickly fill up with people who have realistic expectations, and know how your Cg system runs. In my experience random patients are not the way to go, they will usually have unrealistic expectations. Friends of patients, or family will have more respect for you, and be more likely to appreciate what you do for them.

Been doing this since April 09 and I'm still struggling to find patients I figured once the dispensary's shut down id have more luck but I'm assuming most relying on the shops are going back into the hood to find what they need.

This is correct. It is much easier to go the traditional pre medical route for many people.

Maybe check out some compassion clubs if you trust patients that you don't know that well.

I would try and find someone you know that has a condition that would warrant medicinal cannabis and offer to pay for their cert.

This is where the provisioning bill fails. Dispensaries are unnecessary. Patients have more than enough options to acquire.

I can tell you, meds2u, that patients are where you find them. The means to find them are pretty simple, and often require patience.

This is correct. It is much easier to go the traditional pre medical route for many people.

Maybe check out some compassion clubs if you trust patients that you don't know that well.

I would try and find someone you know that has a condition that would warrant medicinal cannabis and offer to pay for their cert.

WARNING:  One of the factors in my case was if I had paid for any of my patients certifications, I had not, but if I had, my case would not have been dismissed.  I don't know how this figured in, but it is one of the questions my lawyer had to have cleared up.

A few years ago I remember a Medicare Fraud case where an eye doctor was offering free exams for cataracts, then sending a limo to pick up medicare patients for surgery.  Did hundreds of them a month.  The free exams were considering 'soliciting patients'.  

That might be the rub with paying for certifications for those you would later charge for meds.  Opens you up to questions by the prosecutor.

Would be interesting to get CL's thoughts on it.

Dr. Bob

How would it be different than giving your friend money to see a doctor for something else. The source of the funding to pay for any potential doctor appointment should not matter at all. Example: "My cousin had a sore throat and I gave him 100 bucks to go to the doctor and have it looked at). The law allows a pt to have a CG and for the pt to give that CG money. It seems like a big reach and maybe they were fishing for something/someone else. Not surprised to hear it unfortunately.

Is the medicare example because said Dr. was receiving money from the public, via the medicare payments made to the Dr? I'm having a hard time thinking of where the problem is? Any other info Herb C?

maybe its just where you live or who you know....  there are pts seeking cg.  ive been full or as full as i care to be since this started. i know several people  looking for cg that i can not take on. they are now in discussions with people. 

Interestingly in another thread you told us that you were only a cg for your brother and mother.  I'd hardly call that evidence that there are many patients looking for cgs.  Reminds me of a similar mind game that a med school friend of mine told me back in the day.  He said that an attending physician told an obstetrics resident that the best way to answer a concerned patient's question regarding the doc's level of experience in delivering babies was to tell the patient, "I've delivered somewhere between 3 and 400 babies."  He had only delivered 4 babies . . .

If I become a cg for a family member and that is as full as I choose to be then does that mean there are plenty of pts looking for cgs? 

I've always been a supporter of compassion clubs as caregiver/patient network developers.  If there is anyone interested in starting an original model compassion club in Lansing, drop me a PM.  I can help with suggestions, networking with other clubs, funding, venue, etc.  

I am still looking for someone to take advantage of my offer of a facility and office support in Saginaw.

No meds, no dispensary, no farmers market or clone shops.  Just education, networking, 

Dr. Bob

Cclub in Lansing is a good idea, weren't any mentioned. Are there any?

may have something to do with the amt. of dispensaries still active in town.

There was a CC in Lansing.  The owner decided to go dispensary.  Went from being a caregiver, to one that derides caregivers now.

Go figure.

I am having a hard time filling my remaining 3 spots. Is there something that I am not doing right. I grow organic plants which produce amazing buds but less per plant then expected but they are good meds. My current patients are very happy and like what they have received. So if anyone can help me in finding some patients or maybe telling me where I can go to locate them, that would be very helpful.

Oh you mean with the dispenses all closed you cant find pt's hmmmmmmm  I been hearing pt's cant get meds now becuase they have no despenses open,  did they forget there are c.g's out there still and realy the only ones legal to supply a pt registered to them thru the registry, you have to look in other threads, that is all I heard about is the msc ruling making it so pt's cant get it any where, than here you are a c.g with a few pt's already trying to help these poor pt's that have no despenses to go to!

Well thats a crying shame, I guess them pts are waiting for a c.g to knock on their door, hey there ya go, go door to door looking for them pts who are so bummed about the despenses being closed, you may find 3 if you walk all of the suburbs around lansing!

Best of luck to you!  Thanks for trying to help them poor pt's who like to pay 350 a zip from dispenses!

Peace

Jim

We are in the situation we are for a number of reasons.  The bottom line is that people made choices to not put the work into compassion clubs in exchange for the ease and profits of dispensaries.  We need to reverse that.  We need folks willing to step up and restart the clubs to help patients.

Dr. Bob