The Recriminalization Of Canadians Off The Beach

bobandtorey

Unless something radical happens, in less than four months the activities of thousands of Canadians — some of them desperately ill — will be recriminalized under federal law.

On April 1, 2014, when Ottawa’s new corporate medical marijuana system takes effect, the right granted by the state to Canadians since 2001 to grow cannabis for personal medical use will be completely nullified.

That means about 25,000 patients who are growing their own medicine — and have been in some cases for a dozen years — will be breaking the law if they continue to grow even one plant. The same applies to more than 4,000 designated growers.

In fact, according to Health Canada, anyone who is now authorized to possess or produce medical marijuana “will be advised to destroy or dispose of their marijuana and/or plants no later than March 31, 2014. As of April 1, 2014, the only legal means to access marijuana for medical purposes will be through a licensed producer under the Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR).”

There are currently three commercial producers listed on Health Canada’s website who have been licensed under the MMPR program. That’s compared to almost 30,000 people — soon to be outlawed — who in some cases have developed sophisticated strains to treat particular conditions, at great cost and effort.

Will there be a large enough supply on April 1 to meet the needs of up to 40,000 Canadians? Will it be as effective as the cannabis currently produced? Will it be priced out of the range of many patients who now access it at a fraction of the cost?

None of those questions apparently matter. What matters is that by April 1 everyone burns, buries or flushes their weed. Apparently some criminals have been taking advantage of the situation, some growers have been careless about mildew and wiring, and so everyone has to be recriminalized unless they get with the program.

And the new program explicitly dictates that no marijuana shall be grown outdoors, nor will the sale of resins, oils, extractions or edible marijuana products be allowed; only dried buds for smoking. It’s a rather novel approach to medicine, isn’t it?

The law will be in effect across Canada, but it will hit B.C. hardest by far. Health Canada statistics up to the end of 2012 show that more than half of the 18,000 Canadians with personal-use production licences resided in B.C., as did almost two-thirds of the 3,400 designated growers.

More British Columbians are having their rights stolen than Canadians from all other provinces combined.

Maybe that’s why the appalling heavy-handedness of this new law, based on flimsy anecdotal fear mongering about house fires and biker gangs, seems to have caused barely a ripple of public indignation across the country.

Here in the cannabis heartland, an Abbotsford lawyer recently launched a class action suit on behalf of four plaintiffs to have the new law declared unconstitutional. But otherwise the activist community has been disappointingly passive on the issue, focusing its energies instead on the Sensible BC campaign (which looks like it’s heading for oblivion).

This is about taking away rights that have been fought for and granted. With governments around the world stripping rights from their citizens in the name of national security, all Canadians should be alarmed by this move against a politically inconsequential minority. If their rights can be flushed, so can yours.

http://www.coastreporter.net/article/20131206/SECHELT0302/312069968/-1/sechelt/the-recriminalization-of-canadians

that prarie plant systems company that came here and made 0660, you know where it came from right ?

it came from canada.

thats why we watch canada. sometimes it shows us the future. sometimes the past.

"if you ignore history, you are doomed to repeat it".

Thanks

It's true and is why i post when i find  Cannabis stories / news  to show people that we need to keep fighting  the good fight for what we do have or it could be gone as we can see with

Canada 

If their rights can be flushed, so can yours

I enjoy watching the National leaders in the marijuana movement. We still shoot and jail folks for using this harmless herb in our country, while other countries have discarded their draconian ways. We will ultimately follow the examples set forth by the most successful models around the world. It's important for us to know our marijuana history. The farther we look back , the farther forward we can see.

that prarie plant systems company that came here and made 0660, you know where it came from right ?

it came from canada.

thats why we watch canada. sometimes it shows us the future. sometimes the past.

"if you ignore history, you are doomed to repeat it".

canadians are doomed, and have pps to thank, and some pols are planning for michegonains to be next...

Thanks

It's true and is why i post when i find  Cannabis stories / news  to show people that we need to keep fighting  the good fight for what we do have or it could be gone as we can see with

Canada 

If their rights can be flushed, so can yours

I enjoy watching the National leaders in the marijuana movement. We still shoot and jail folks for using this harmless herb in our country, while other countries have discarded their draconian ways. We will ultimately follow the examples set forth by the most successful models around the world. It's important for us to know our marijuana history. The farther we look back , the farther forward we can see.

EXACTLY!!!

0660 shows distinctly that PPP has paid for and helped to write this abominable bill

which indeed IMHO means they are coming for our grow rights in lew of this large

corp already entrenched (10 years!) in a mine in UPPER MICHIGAN!

Geese louise... the writing is pretty plain to see.

Peeps, we need to pay attention to what other Countries and States are doing.

My sister IS a Canadian citizen and has lived there for 30 years. So I DO know about Canadian politics. And my family is FROM the UP. COPPER HARBOR,Hancock and Calumet.They worked in the mines and left to come down here to Detroit during the Depression to try and find work. I am not cold,I am realistic. Wake up. Sawyer AFB is now a FEMA camp. Go look for yourself.We ignore Mexico,then send them guns for this fake donkey drug war. Canada may be the last free country,even thought they still have the Queen on their money.

Canadians are raping Michigan, have been for a long time. Currently with the help of our current administration: Snyder & Co. Inc. They have been actively fracking in MI for years now. Disrespecting property rights and stealing our resources right out from under us.  Besides the move on our Cannabis Production this is an unprecedented invasion  of our Soveregnity and Predatory Governmental Overeach to devert wealth from the citizens of MI to Foreign Special Interest Raiders.   

Canadians are raping Michigan, have been for a long time. Currently with the help of our current administration: Snyder & Co. Inc. They have been actively fracking in MI for years now. Disrespecting property rights and stealing our resources right out from under us.  Besides the move on our Cannabis Production this is an unprecedented invasion  of our Soveregnity and Predatory Governmental Overeach to devert wealth from the citizens of MI to Foreign Special Interest Raiders.   

I agree.

Do you see cannabis decriminalization in our country, or more likely a commercialized takeover by large corps?    I'm glad I have visionaries like yourself, I can hardly see past the millennium of cannabis witch hunting, even to this current day. And when I begin to think of all the other injustices, I always come back to this;

How can we even discuss any other issues until every person in our city is fed?  what could be more important, political, and evil than allowing a hungry child?

My sister IS a Canadian citizen and has lived there for 30 years. So I DO know about Canadian politics. And my family is FROM the UP. COPPER HARBOR,Hancock and Calumet.They worked in the mines and left to come down here to Detroit during the Depression to try and find work. I am not cold,I am realistic. Wake up. Sawyer AFB is now a FEMA camp. Go look for yourself.We ignore Mexico,then send them guns for this fake donkey drug war. Canada may be the last free country,even thought they still have the Queen on their money.

Americans have been doing some serious buggering ourselves through history to recent. kinda makes Canada look like sesame street.

Americans have been doing some serious buggering ourselves through history to recent. kinda makes Canada look like sesame street.

Are you familiar with Property Rights? There is no legal basis for misappropriating minerals from property that is owned outright. What do we pay taxes for ? 

If you were from the area you might be familiar with some of the changes we have been forced to endure to humor outside interests that have done nothing but take from this State. One glaring current  example is the MMMA. We bought and paid for that Law at the polls in 2008. And they've been gnawing away at it ever since. Trying to make up their own hokey doke definition of what Cannabis is now.  Just in time to lend some weight to their latest volley... Dirty deals done dirt cheap!    Look what's happening to the Sesame Street gang your siding with. Think they deserve that crap ?    

siding with ?  I've taken no sides, only made a comparison between the evils of two countries. Blowing on Canada's candle does not make the US candle burn brighter.  If I sided with Canada, I'd feel free to move there at once. We can see its not the country really, its the corporate interests making decisions. And who but consumers support those interests with ever purchase of their goods and services, even supporting the will of the ones specifically fighting our cannabis interests. The fertilizers used to grow marijuana by some are actually made by the companies that help to keep marijuana illegal.

Until we take responsibility for our misguided interests, nothing will change. Yell as loud as you want about the injustices of big pharma, and then line up at the drug store for ours, pouring cash into the coffers, complain about oppressing laws,

MMMA.....well, we all know that the courts always had bad news for us, every single time a registrant was ignorant, irresponsible, or ill advised.

a large portion of our health issues are a result of direct advertising of prescription drugs on television, an outlawed practice in Canada, and much of the world, EXCEPT our nation, who makes a mint with the practice. This is the reason rx is many times more expensive here than anywhere else. Causing health care costs to rise beyond control, a sweet little plan that many are supporting here.  As long as governments accept lobby money from special interest groups, and we fully support their efforts with our money, nothing changes, here or there.

Are you familiar with Property Rights? There is no legal basis for misappropriating minerals from property that is owned outright. What do we pay taxes for ? 

If you were from the area you might be familiar with some of the changes we have been forced to endure to humor outside interests that have done nothing but take from this State. One glaring current  example is the MMMA. We bought and paid for that Law at the polls in 2008. And they've been gnawing away at it ever since. Trying to make up their own hokey doke definition of what Cannabis is now.  Just in time to lend some weight to their latest volley... Dirty deals done dirt cheap!    Look what's happening to the Sesame Street gang your siding with. Think they deserve that crap ?    

the side that admits to hundreds of years of human/politico atrocities, rather than to bash the faults of others hoping for a redirect maybe? Canada is a tame babe compared to our country, anyway you look at it, cept through rose colored glasses maybe. you gotta keep it real, we suck, and are  hated by every nation, including our own, who aptly named us as "The Universal Adversary". Just take a look at the targets they-homeland security- paid to have printed for training.

there's more, pregnant women, old men. from our own country mind you, the one that packages and certify safe every cancer causing food and medicine they can invent, even urging you to use more rx by asking your doctor about them. we're the only nation who force medicates every citizen by water. Flouride is the active ingredient in most antidepressants. how can the dose for a child be the same as one for the adult from the faucet at will?  do you use municipal/bottled water ?

190213target3.jpg190213target5.jpg

Wish in one hand, spit in the other, then

tell me what side it is...