Burton Ex-Con With Medical Marijuana Card Pleads Guilty To Federal Heroin Charge

bobandtorey

FLINT, MI -- A Burton man is facing more than two years in federal prison after authorities claim he was selling heroin out of his Burton home.

Tony Andrew Boyd, 37, pleaded guilty Thursday, Dec. 19, in Flint U.S. District Court to possession with intent to distribute heroin after police uncovered guns in drugs in his Lippincott Boulevard home.

Police were conducting surveillance Oct. 23 on the home on the 3000 block of Lippincott Boulevard when they conducted a traffic stop on Boyd. Boyd was arrested for an outstanding warrant. Flint District Court records show Boyd had a warrant for a May incident of having improper plates on a vehicle.

Officers searched Boyd and discovered a medical marijuana card and a large amount of cash, according to court records.

Agents from the Flint Area Narcotics Group executed a search warrant at the home and discovered nearly an ounce of heroin and a large amount of cash, according to court records.

Agents also found multiple guns, including a rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun, a 9-millimeter semi-automatic handgun and a .4-caliber MAC-10 semi-automatic handgun.

Police also executed a warrant at a motel room on South Dort Highway in Flint and recovered another .38-caliber semi-automatic handgun and a large amount of cash that belonged to Boyd, according to court records.

Boyd has two previous gun and drug convictions.

Sentencing is scheduled for April 17.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/12/burton_ex-con_with_medical_mar.html

it doesn't much matter what he was involved in, he possessed an "auto community support" card ! tehe

well, as a person with obvious MEDICAL problems, problems even MMJ obviously didn't address (addiction), he has my support.

at least as far as to demonize a SICK person and hope he somehow finds the treatment he needs as he serves his time. sure, he fell into the easiest way to feed his addiction, by distribution, and somewhat deserves a sentence. but if addiction was treated medically instead of legally, this sort of thing would be eliminated/controlled long before he became a "dealer"

ps. personally never rec. done, or ever cared for, ANY opiates and think it's a scourge that has gone from bad to worse.....what's next? 'cause this sh*t ain't workin'

well, as a person with obvious MEDICAL problems, problems even MMJ obviously didn't address (addiction), he has my support.

at least as far as to demonize a SICK person and hope he somehow finds the treatment he needs as he serves his time. sure, he fell into the easiest way to feed his addiction, by distribution, and somewhat deserves a sentence. but if addiction was treated medically instead of legally, this sort of thing would be eliminated/controlled long before he became a "dealer"

ps. personally never rec. done, or ever cared for, ANY opiates and think it's a scourge that has gone from bad to worse.....what's next? 'cause this sh*t ain't workin'

Thank you Brian.

I have lost my 3 closest friends to heroin addiction. One to vicodin/oxycontin withdrawal @ age 58. 

She could get no real ongoing help for her addiction.  Having no insurance and then having become

agoraphobic due to the addiction, did cause impediment to her recovery in later years, I am certain.

I knew this woman 30 + years and watched her struggles with my hands tied.

The other 2 are dead due to the years of abuse done to their bodies, years after they kicked the habit

on their own. They were 42 & 52 respectfully. I miss them all every single dam day.

These are just the people in my life whom are no longer on this Earth due to opiate addiction. 

I have other friends (and family) who are battling each day to not ever go back. 

Addiction never ever really leaves us alone, EVER!

Those who don't believe me, talk to an ex - 'junkie' see what they tell you.

I have never touched heroin, yet I have fought to get off the opiates and have won that battle (for now?). 

Was I addicted? I'm not sure, I don't crave them. I was dependant most definitely.

I hope to never have to turn to them again. 

The addiction superseeds the pain once on the other side is my understanding (from others)

and my personal experience.

Edited by imiubu

really think this one is about a sick addicted individual?  I worked with junkies for many years. not the weekend warrior types but the real deals. NONE owned multiple firearms, rarely a car, never large amounts of cash, and could give a bunny muffin about a marijuana card. and didn't rent hotel rooms and store more guns there. they scrounged for every damned penny to make their 400 dollar a day habit.. They robbed people, prostituted themselves, and even others when they had the chance(think hotel rooms?)  While I agree they were sick people, and should have been treated decades ago, before they turned on society.  Some junkies were really dumb people, while some were wise, just not wise enough.

. All knew exactly what they were doing at every moment, and never wanted help, except the kind that got them high for another night.

Its a good thing they got this creep, sick or not, off the streets.  I'll give readers two guesses as to what went on in that hotel room, for years and years. been there, I know. These poor women are moms, and sisters, and daughters, and creeps like his pimp them for the cash.  awww, the poor junkie, eh ? flower him

really think this one is about a sick addicted individual?  I worked with junkies for many years. not the weekend warrior types but the real deals. NONE owned multiple firearms, rarely a car, never large amounts of cash, and could give a bunny muffin about a marijuana card. and didn't rent hotel rooms and store more guns there. they scrounged for every damned penny to make their 400 dollar a day habit.. They robbed people, prostituted themselves, and even others when they had the chance(think hotel rooms?)  While I agree they were sick people, and should have been treated decades ago, before they turned on society.  Some junkies were really dumb people, while some were wise, just not wise enough.

. All knew exactly what they were doing at every moment, and never wanted help, except the kind that got them high for another night.

Its a good thing they got this creep, sick or not, off the streets.  I'll give readers two guesses as to what went on in that hotel room, for years and years. been there, I know. These poor women are moms, and sisters, and daughters, and creeps like his pimp them for the cash.  awww, the poor junkie, eh ? flower him

How arrogant! Why would you assume he was a pimp? I've known many people addicted to narcotics and most of them held steady jobs. They had homes in the suburbs, cars and children. One was a pharmacist. He was bringing home over $700 a week back in 1975 and had such a bad habit that he stole drug from work and spent most of his paycheck on the street. But he maintained appearances.

Some were prostitutes and some were thieves, but it was their choice, no one put a gun to their head. The biggest problems they had were because of the law. Britain treats narcotics addiction as a health problem not a legal issue. If addicts steal then they are prosecuted for stealing not for being addicts. In this country a drug problem means you're treated as an evil person.

What went on in the hotel room? He probably slept there and stayed out of the rain and cold. There's a good chance that he sold dope to support his habit. Buy a spoon of P cut some, sell it and keep the profits to feed the monkey. Your descriptions of junkies lead me to believe that you get your information from B movies.

I hope you can continue to be lucky enough to stay as self righteous as you are today and don't have any misfortunes that might lead to the same fate as him. Prescribed narcotics are what start most people down the road to addiction.

Have you ever been prescribed narcotics due to debilitating pain? It's not easy to stop. Especially when the doctors keep pushing the pills on you. During my last stay in the hospital I had to argue with the doctors and nurses constantly to keep them from shooting me up every few hours whether I was in pain or not. It seems like they want to keep you hooked.

When your insurance runs out and you can't afford pharmacies where do you go to stop the pain?

You should thank God that you've had such a perfect life.

read my post. no b movies, no arrogance, this  was my life man. both parents were junkies, I lived it forever. I clearly stated this was my experience, not "gathered information" I also know of working narc junkies too, with families and friends. they don't collect guns and keep hotel rooms though. they come home daily and eat dinner with their families.

read up on this guy for a better view of who he has been in his life. I didn't assume "he" was a pimp, rather asked readers to guess what was going on in the hotel room, since he also owned a house. Obviously the brand of junkie I'm familiar with is vastly different than your experience. A visit to the methadone clinic might open your eyes, to the non working, non family man types? I also know methadone users who work everyday, now that they rx it for pain.

Nope, never did fall victim to rx addiction. I'm not comparing his woes with mine, just glad the creep is off the street before he hurt (more) people. NO worries though, he'll be out soon

How arrogant! Why would you assume he was a pimp? I've known many people addicted to narcotics and most of them held steady jobs. They had homes in the suburbs, cars and children. One was a pharmacist. He was bringing home over $700 a week back in 1975 and had such a bad habit that he stole drug from work and spent most of his paycheck on the street. But he maintained appearances.

Some were prostitutes and some were thieves, but it was their choice, no one put a gun to their head. The biggest problems they had were because of the law. Britain treats narcotics addiction as a health problem not a legal issue. If addicts steal then they are prosecuted for stealing not for being addicts. In this country a drug problem means you're treated as an evil person.

What went on in the hotel room? He probably slept there and stayed out of the rain and cold. There's a good chance that he sold dope to support his habit. Buy a spoon of P cut some, sell it and keep the profits to feed the monkey. Your descriptions of junkies lead me to believe that you get your information from B movies.

I hope you can continue to be lucky enough to stay as self righteous as you are today and don't have any misfortunes that might lead to the same fate as him. Prescribed narcotics are what start most people down the road to addiction.

Have you ever been prescribed narcotics due to debilitating pain? It's not easy to stop. Especially when the doctors keep pushing the pills on you. During my last stay in the hospital I had to argue with the doctors and nurses constantly to keep them from shooting me up every few hours whether I was in pain or not. It seems like they want to keep you hooked.

When your insurance runs out and you can't afford pharmacies where do you go to stop the pain?

You should thank God that you've had such a perfect life.

Dude you would support this guy? that is phaqed up, I dont know how you can be a mod here and support ilegal activitys, you go and do as you please, but I think it is realy very untaisteful for a mod to say what you have said here, you may want to read what you write before you press post

I know you have been around a long time here, if this is how mods and admins see things here, just give it a lil time and this site will lose every one again!

read my post. no b movies, no arrogance, this  was my life man. both parents were junkies, I lived it forever. I clearly stated this was my experience, not "gathered information" I also know of working narc junkies too, with families and friends. they don't collect guns and keep hotel rooms though. they come home daily and eat dinner with their families.

read up on this guy for a better view of who he has been in his life. I didn't assume "he" was a pimp, rather asked readers to guess what was going on in the hotel room, since he also owned a house. Obviously the brand of junkie I'm familiar with is vastly different than your experience. A visit to the methadone clinic might open your eyes, to the non working, non family man types? I also know methadone users who work everyday, now that they rx it for pain.

Nope, never did fall victim to rx addiction. I'm not comparing his woes with mine, just glad the creep is off the street before he hurt (more) people. NO worries though, he'll be out soon

I am not sure alot of people in this thread realy knows a heroin addict/dealer/crook, why would this guy need all of them guns and how can he have all of that money, the cops found an oz of heroin, not rx's,  I have been involved with so many different people hooked on heroin not hill billy heroin, in the city not fling, detroit even in the suburbs that are either dead or in prison, one of my best friends never grew up from the s h i t, when most of his friends graduated and went to work got married and kinda settled down, alot of my friends stayed single and screwed other junkie prostitutes and most def pimped them out, ive seen this in st. clair shores for crying out loud, I was totaly hooked on rx's, I almost died from them, I could not have gotten any closer to dying, and that was for being takin off of my rx's an doing a 10 day jail stay with nothing to help me come off of methadone for pain and xanax, I only did the amount I was allowed for the prior 3 yrs, when they cut me off cold turkey the almost killed me, Im so lucky I made it until my release day, with in 1 hr of being released from jail I was in i.c.u, I remember my lady coming and getting me, and I thought I was dead already, I did not want to get in the car, I thought I stank realy bad and was walking dead, I still dont remember what is real or what was just my mind playing tricks on me!  It realy did a number on me, it has changed my life forever, and not for the good. and I cant stop thinking about things even today and this was 5 yrs ago give or take a few months!

I have been involved with people that manufactured heroin and had people killed, everything I ever talk about myself is real life, not a movie not my imagination, I do agree the penal system should treat all addictions as a sicknes because I beleive they are, im an alcoholic, it will never go away, if I pick up a drink I will be right back to where I was, I know that, ive been thru all kinds of inpatient and out patient programs to get help to be a better member of society, people like me that have the addiction jean, or what ever you call it can get addicted to anything, smoking, shopping,drinking, drugs, gambling, sex you name it ive been addicted to it! while I do agree just putting some one in prison is not the only answer, but they should go to prison and get help to get off of their choice of drugs in a humane way!

the guy we are talking about is not your average junkie, he is a junkie and he is selling to junkies to make money and his own use, all the cash and guns, real junkies at their bottom do not have a collection of guns, unless they stole them, and they most def do not have the kind of cash this guy had!

He does not deserve my help, did he help me, did anyone help me?

think about it realy, people are to one sided when it comes to mm, it is starting to seem to me that people dont care about who the card holder is hurting in his ilegal business and only care that at least he has mm also!  that is realy messed up thinking, and I dont want no part of it!

and please If I ever get myself in trouble for mm or anything and mm is a part of it, just every one stay home, I dont need anyone to help me, I can do it myself, and if I cant get out of it, I will pay my own debt to society, but if you all would like to make me and my family have more cash let me know I will set up a pay pal acct and live off of the sick and poor like these other crooks are doing, at least you know im not in jail and ruining your law for you!

Peace

I grew up in Detroit and have known people who lived in abandoned houses when they were straight enough to go in out of the rain. I was married to an addict for 10 years and am intimately aware of the problems it causes. We could trade stories for hours I'm sure. Narcotics can be some of the worst things ever invented by man.

It just ticks me off no end when someone is labeled a monster by someone else because they don't approve of their choice of drugs.

In one breath people talk about growing cannabis for years, long before it was legal to do so, and in the next breath preach about how bad another person is because they have broken the law.

Or, how whenever someone is arrested it's always their fault and they deserve to go to jail. "It's OK for me because the drugs I sell are good but what you sell is bad so you need to be punished".

Life's not black and white.

No one is talking about helping him, he made his bed and now he can lie in it. But don't come off like you have clean hands. (Unless you only became involved with cannabis since the MMMA passed.)

This is the same reefer madness mindset that jails folks for smoking a joint and then laughing about it while getting drunk at a cocktail party.

Seems a trifle ingenuous to me.

I am not sure alot of people in this thread realy knows a heroin addict/dealer/crook, why would this guy need all of them guns and how can he have all of that money, the cops found an oz of heroin, not rx's,  I have been involved with so many different people hooked on heroin not hill billy heroin, in the city not fling, detroit even in the suburbs that are either dead or in prison, one of my best friends never grew up from the s h i t, when most of his friends graduated and went to work got married and kinda settled down, alot of my friends stayed single and screwed other junkie prostitutes and most def pimped them out, ive seen this in st. clair shores for crying out loud, I was totaly hooked on rx's, I almost died from them, I could not have gotten any closer to dying, and that was for being takin off of my rx's an doing a 10 day jail stay with nothing to help me come off of methadone for pain and xanax, I only did the amount I was allowed for the prior 3 yrs, when they cut me off cold turkey the almost killed me, Im so lucky I made it until my release day, with in 1 hr of being released from jail I was in i.c.u, I remember my lady coming and getting me, and I thought I was dead already, I did not want to get in the car, I thought I stank realy bad and was walking dead, I still dont remember what is real or what was just my mind playing tricks on me!  It realy did a number on me, it has changed my life forever, and not for the good. and I cant stop thinking about things even today and this was 5 yrs ago give or take a few months!

I have been involved with people that manufactured heroin and had people killed, everything I ever talk about myself is real life, not a movie not my imagination, I do agree the penal system should treat all addictions as a sicknes because I beleive they are, im an alcoholic, it will never go away, if I pick up a drink I will be right back to where I was, I know that, ive been thru all kinds of inpatient and out patient programs to get help to be a better member of society, people like me that have the addiction jean, or what ever you call it can get addicted to anything, smoking, shopping,drinking, drugs, gambling, sex you name it ive been addicted to it! while I do agree just putting some one in prison is not the only answer, but they should go to prison and get help to get off of their choice of drugs in a humane way!

the guy we are talking about is not your average junkie, he is a junkie and he is selling to junkies to make money and his own use, all the cash and guns, real junkies at their bottom do not have a collection of guns, unless they stole them, and they most def do not have the kind of cash this guy had!

He does not deserve my help, did he help me, did anyone help me?

think about it realy, people are to one sided when it comes to mm, it is starting to seem to me that people dont care about who the card holder is hurting in his ilegal business and only care that at least he has mm also!  that is realy messed up thinking, and I dont want no part of it!

and please If I ever get myself in trouble for mm or anything and mm is a part of it, just every one stay home, I dont need anyone to help me, I can do it myself, and if I cant get out of it, I will pay my own debt to society, but if you all would like to make me and my family have more cash let me know I will set up a pay pal acct and live off of the sick and poor like these other crooks are doing, at least you know im not in jail and ruining your law for you!

Peace

support???? the guy's an idiot who made poor choices. He spread poison for profit and can drop dead as far as I'm concerned, but I don't pre-judge someone by the words on a screen. I don't know this person or have all the facts so I keep my opinion to myself.

now, on the subject of addiction, I DO have an opinion or two. I'm NOT an addict, never have been, but I've been a member of the "drug culture" for over 35 years. High, low, up, down and sideways.... you can believe me when I say I've seen it all. I only offered my "support" to the addict because I am convinced if addiction was treated medically in this country he would have never have gotten to a place in life that peddling poison seemed like a good idea. The bad choices are his own (now), I advocate less harmful options available long before "dealing" ever enters the picture