What Is High?

I question what exactly it is to feel high to you? I'm a newbie, almost a month removed from getting my card and am not sure the pot high I experience is normal, avg. or I'm doing something wrong? The pot I have is top notch with different strains. I use a one hitter and one good toke and I'm just chilled. Really chilled. I never get giggly or euphoric just like really really calm chill. Plus after a couple of more hits, I get really tired. What am I missing? What are your experiences? How do you feel?

Absolutely could be strain choices. If you are getting really tired you may want to target Sativa strains. Reality is that it affects people differently. This could be how it affects you or different factors may be at play. It is not that you are doing anything wrong. Try different strains and as I said seek out Sativa strains. You could also try different ingestion methods such as vaping and eating.  Some people wish it would affect them the way it does you it all really depends on what you need or want out of the medicine.

Me cannabis used to wake me up more but in the last 5 years with my fatige problems not so much but that is for different reasons.

Good luck and good health my friend.

Edited by ozzrokk

I question what exactly it is to feel high to you? I'm a newbie, almost a month removed from getting my card and am not sure the pot high I experience is normal, avg. or I'm doing something wrong? The pot I have is top notch with different strains. I use a one hitter and one good toke and I'm just chilled. Really chilled. I never get giggly or euphoric just like really really calm chill. Plus after a couple of more hits, I get really tired. What am I missing? What are your experiences? How do you feel?

I consider "high" to be the effect I get from a Sativa or Sativa dom hybrid.  It's a little more in your head.  I feel energetic and happy and I might find myself feeling more talkative than usual or getting immersed in an everyday activity that would normally bore me....like household chores or yard work.  

The effect I get from Indicas or Indica dom hybrids is more of a "buzz".  It works best for pain, stress and insomnia.....for me, it's a relief of pain, an all over sense of relaxation and calmness and sleepiness.  

It sounds like you are using an Indica, which is what most people would recommend to a medical patient trying to relive chronic pain or anxiety.  Sativas can make you feel anxious and paranoid and can even feel a little "trippy"...so caution is advised.  I think maybe you should try a few hybrid strains that lean a little more toward sativa like a 60%/40% Sativa/Indica strain to get a little more "high" from your meds.....if that's what you want.  

i've had strains that made my legs wobbly.

or strains that made me feel flushed.

strains that made my face feel numb.

head high strains, body high strains, and a mix or one that starts in the body and you dont feel it for 10 minutes and then WHAM it hits you upside your head.

what activity are you doing after you smoke? do you walk around or just sit there? try walking around if you are just sitting there...

So maybe I am doing something wrong to a degree. The pot I have, about 4 different strains, are in little baggies, in a lock box, in my garage. My unheated garage. Does cold affect pot?

Kentucky said "I feel energetic and happy and I might find myself feeling more talkative than usual or getting immersed in an everyday activity that would normally bore me....like household chores or yard work."  

This is what I'm looking for I guess. A buddy of mine has this same affect. Me, I get tired, chilled, don't want to talk really.

What would then be a good sativa or sativa hybrid?

So maybe I am doing something wrong to a degree. The pot I have, about 4 different strains, are in little baggies, in a lock box, in my garage. My unheated garage. Does cold affect pot?

Kentucky said "I feel energetic and happy and I might find myself feeling more talkative than usual or getting immersed in an everyday activity that would normally bore me....like household chores or yard work."

This is what I'm looking for I guess. A buddy of mine has this same affect. Me, I get tired, chilled, don't want to talk really.

What would then be a good sativa or sativa hybrid?

You just got to try them out try a 100 percent sativa and try a hybrid something like 70 30 might give you that good mixture your looking for

I'll try the sativa 100%. I've tried ak-47, blue widow, and OG kush all hybrids. What their make up is I'm not sure. I tried to go hybrids or indica because of anxiety. Once even on the ak-47 I had panic like crazy. I think though this anxiety is getting less and less as my subconscious comes to grips with actually smoking mm as medicine and not seeing it as the societal boogey man that's it's played out to be.

Anyhow, I'd like to try more strains and will. Any good recommendations?

I get the "panic" on AK-47. I tend to want to seek people out to converse when I get into this mode, but then I tend to seek people out to converse when I am on any strain. My wife can't understand why I get so animated on cannabis. She just gets mellow and is happy plunked in front of the TV while I am wandering around the house looking for something to do. She gets a little perturbed about the 5th time that I interrupt her TV watching to discuss something important like "Do you think that our cannabis is too strong?" or "Does the cat give you funny looks when you open the refrigerator?". I slip into party mode when I get high.

The stuff seems to affect different people in different ways, but there are common experiences among all people.

All the strains I grow tend to affect me the same. In other words, I can't tell the difference between any of them. This may be due to the fact that when I was picking out strains I tended to choose the ones that were sativa-indica hybrids and that had "mellow" or "no anxiety" as one of their listed traits. Blue Widow is one of the strains I grow. I find it, as with most of the others, to be a little panic inducing, but not "fingernails-on-the-blackboard" stuff. There is just enough of the panic inducing feeling to make it fun - kind of like a small roller coaster.

When I first started smoking these new hybrids I wrote down my experience with each one so I could know which ones I wanted to grow. My first sativa dominant strain (Cinderella 99 I believe) made me make a note that said "I think I have lost my mind". My notes on Blue Widow said "I think I have lost my mind, but I don't care."

I really think the panic thing is like I said earlier. I didn't realize how programmed I was that weed was to ashamed of. I never consciously felt that way but subconsciously I think it was there. After two major neck surgeries and enough pain killers to kill a horse, anyone whose not been through what I continue to go through can't speak from any vantage point that will sway my new found acceptance of pot.

Maybe I had some preconceived ideas as to what "high" is. I've never felt or seen the goofy cheech n chong type crap you see in the movies. It does seem to help my nerve bunny muffin in my neck. For that I'm thankful.

There is much to be learned as to how it affects us and why different people can be affected so differently by the same cannabis.

Several years ago I had a friend and his wife stop over.  I had not met his wife before.  She was extremely shy and quiet.  In the half hour after they arrived she said 'Hello' and 'yes'.  That was it.  The guy was talking about everything under the sun.

Anyway, we smoked a joint and things changed.  The guy got very quiet and in the next half hour or so said about 2 words.  The girl, on the other had, did not shut up.  It was like someone found the switch and they reversed roles.  Same cannabis, same setting, but vastly different reactions

There are a couple/few kinds of high. 

I experienced my first "high" when I was a teen and smuggled a 5th of Southern Comfort under my coat and got a teenage female classmate drunk and then we made out in a car wash stall for hours.  I'll spare the subsequent details, although they do make for good memories. 

Fast forward a generation and then there was a new version of "high."  This was the "high"  I felt the first day I realized that MMJ was good to treat asthma.  This was several years ago.....I was getting ready to shovel my driveway and figured that a couple of hits of AK-48 would make the process more fun.  This may have been more of a recreational decision.  But. then I was AMAZED to find that I could work vigorously in the cold without feeling like I had to breathe through a coffee straw. 

Point is that "high" comes in many forms.  Just do your best to be happy and healthy.

I think though this anxiety is getting less and less as my subconscious comes to grips with actually smoking mm as medicine and not seeing it as the societal boogey man that's it's played out to be.

Anyhow, I'd like to try more strains and will. Any good recommendations?

it takes a while to get over that mm boogey man reefer madness crap.

at least a few months. then you hit 6 months and it hits you again.

how can you be such a jerk for using some marijuana to help with your pain.

why not take another pill, pillhead?

anyways, it gets better. eventually that stuff mellows down after you realize just how much cannabis has helped you turn back into a normal person and stopped you from becoming a pain-in-everyone-elses-neck.

strains?

i like northern lights. i've heard good things about super lemon haze.

you havent had a strain that gave you the giggles yet?

I think you'll find there are "perfect" strains out there for you.  Mine was Russian Rocket Fuel.  I couldn't get half way thru a vapor bag without realizing I was on my way to do what I was thinking about doing and I forgot the vapor bag and I wasn't done.  There are definitely different strains for different occasions.