Locked?

williams2311

Just sitting here thinking and I came up with a question.

I understand the law says your plants have to be locked up and I'm the only one aloud to have a key to it. My plants have a lock on the zippers of the tent and also anot her lock I bought from Lowes to put on the door to get into the room where the tent is at.

Now my question is since I'm the only one aloud with a key I have both keys to both locks on a key ring I keep on me at all times. Can I put my spare keys up in the closet? Can I hide them in the house? Because when I wouldn't be here and my ggirlfriend is technically she would be in possession of the key to get into my grow.

Edited by williams2311

Been considering this "tent" thing due to having an old house that can never be completey sealed off.....I saw one at a store,but it looks like you can cut thru it with a good sized hunting knife. Mind if I ask  you as a consumer questions about it instead of a salesman? Just need the size for 12 plants for myself. Also have any of you used untreated plain old well water,PH 3.0 as your water source?

you culd cut through the grow tents with a knife. I kept 12 vegging plants in a 2x4 foot tent 6 feet high with spare room. I could keep keep six 24 inch flowering in the same size tent. I used a 4oo watt mh in veg and a 600 hps in flower. I use plain untreated well water with great results. My ph is 6.5-7 and ppm's are around 150-250 depending on (?). I would experiment in a(assumed) soil pot with the water untouched. You may be surprised to see your choice of soil being able to make all things right. I dont know about your nutrients source, could kill a plant too with acidity. let me know how that one works, I'm interested.

I grew first 12 in hydro flood and drain trays, and the second 12 in 2 gallon dirt pots, and some in five gallon dirt. plenty of room. shorter veg time, topping are advised.

Been considering this "tent" thing due to having an old house that can never be completey sealed off.....I saw one at a store,but it looks like you can cut thru it with a good sized hunting knife. Mind if I ask you as a consumer questions about it instead of a salesman? Just need the size for 12 plants for myself. Also have any of you used untreated plain old well water,PH 3.0 as your water source?

I'm sure you can cut threw it but you could also kick a door down. I keep the tent and the door to get where the tents at. But for 12 plants I'd say a 5x10 if you keep decent size don't grow a giant tree and take up all the room

Nobody will get to it. Old house with plenty of strange places to hide things. But I am curious about the well water. Has anybody ever used it? I know my gardens outside love it . Just thought it is kinda funny that they want you to LOCK something your could cut right through.Bolt cutters cut through metal,but they insist you lock it up.No giant trees. Those will go outside and get entered at the Armada Fair 4-H agriculture exhibit. JOKE,it's a JOKE! But I am going to try a couple outside in the weedy area,and see how they do.

tent size depends on your pot size and plant size.

check out some vids on youtube. plenty of people growing in tents on there.

well water? sure people use it to water. will it cause problems? is it best for plants? depends on your water!

is it rich in iron? does it stain cement a rust color?

No hydro,dirt.The water with the softener turned off is a light rust color. No solid contaminents or rust. Had the State test it to make sure no water softener tricks were played. We don't drink it,even though it is safe,I don't like any taste in water,so we buy distilled to cook and drink. No sulphur smell,in fact city water smells like clorine to me. It's not like I am going to ask the Township or Water company about this,this is the only place I can get real advice besides my own research. Our own gardens are watered with well water,we use no pesticides because of the dogs,the pond and our own well. The well is 150' deep. New pump,new airtank,new softerner. And we found 2 more on other parts of the property. Any advice would be appreciated.

the thing about ph is that you'll get different soil microbes that handle the ph and buffer it for plants.

it would be interesting if you took a patch of your garden, stuck it in a pot for a while, then pour well water over it and then measure the runoff to see if the ph changed coming out of the soil.

Just sitting here thinking and I came up with a question.

I understand the law says your plants have to be locked up and I'm the only one aloud to have a key to it. My plants have a lock on the zippers of the tent and also anot her lock I bought from Lowes to put on the door to get into the room where the tent is at.

Now my question is since I'm the only one aloud with a key I have both keys to both locks on a key ring I keep on me at all times. Can I put my spare keys up in the closet? Can I hide them in the house? Because when I wouldn't be here and my ggirlfriend is technically she would be in possession of the key to get into my grow.

Put the spares where no one knows they are, explain it to your g.f and dont even worry about it, just make sure if you are not there your locks are locked, you dont even need the ones on your tent if they are in a locked enclosed room meaning a floor, ceiling and four walls, not just your house, I have the same situation, my tents are in a locked room, im not locking my tents also! alot of people read the law to believe as long as the front and back door of the house is locked they are covered, dont let your dad get hit in the stomach with a soup can, get rid of cable and get direct t.v!  bawahahahahaha!

Peace

Been considering this "tent" thing due to having an old house that can never be completey sealed off.....I saw one at a store,but it looks like you can cut thru it with a good sized hunting knife. Mind if I ask  you as a consumer questions about it instead of a salesman? Just need the size for 12 plants for myself. Also have any of you used untreated plain old well water,PH 3.0 as your water source?

ok I grow in tents, my budd tent is 4x4x6 ft high, my veg tent is 2x4x4ft high, it is plenty of room for 12 plants or more, I only put 3 plants in budd at a time, some times I put a 4th in there if one is close to being finished! I guess it depends on the size buckets you use when it comes to how much you can fit in there! I use 3.5 gal buckets and im thinking about using 5 gal buckets soon, I realy dont need to use my veg tent I have enough room to seal the budd tent and run my veg in there w/o tent!

I have well water with a softner my water comes out of well w/o softner at 7 ph it also comes out of my faucet at 7ph but the ppms are way dif, and when you add nutes it ups your ppms and can lower or raise your ph level also, If you have a company that comes and does your treatment water you can have them put an ro in your home, or you can buy distilled water from the groceri store, I save the 2.5 gals of distilled and get them refilled at a friends house, yea a pain in the arse, you can also just buy your own ro maching and have a friend or you put it in, that way you have good plant water, good drinking water and cooking water!

Good Luck!

Peace

combination lock works best

i have the $12 combolock  from Home Depot .   It's got a button in the center and you push it left right up or down--you set the squence of directions.  It's one-handed operation.  Beware--when used outside weather affects it, so apply wd40 weekly if it is outside.