A Million Medical Marijuana Patient Letters To Obama?

t-pain

12 members have voted

1. 1. all patients write one letter to obama?

• good idea
    • bad idea, it wont work
    • i still dont like tpains ideas

that dont matter bob, all that matters is its illegal federally now, and obama can change that. i think we all agree on ending federal prohibition.

states can still ban it like they banned alcohol after prohibition. we just gotta get the feds off our back.

Michigan Patients don't have the feds on our backs.

Actually, Detroit patients are asking for help from the feds to shut down dispensaries. Did you read that T? Dispensaries pretending to be one thing but doing another? Could that be what is behind most all of the dispensary raids? Could the feds actually be HELPING medical patients all across America?

that dont matter bob, all that matters is its illegal federally now, and obama can change that. i think we all agree on ending federal prohibition.

states can still ban it like they banned alcohol after prohibition. we just gotta get the feds off our back.

Did you read the recent Michigan Court Decision that said that it didn't matter for us medical folks here in Michigan that it's illegal federally? That big arse precedent setting one. I think we warned you that it would be quoted every time someone says, "It's illegal federal anyway".

Michigan Patients don't have the feds on our backs.

the state police, prosecutors , city councils, landlords, MML, judges all point to the federal prohibition.

even if the feds arent bothering michigan patients now, what happens when the next president comes in and says hes going after medical marijuana patients? all there is protecting patients from the feds is a MEMO right now.

did you even print out that memo resto? frame it on your wall? its going to be toilet paper in 2016 unless marijuana is unscheduled.

Edited by t-pain

the state police, prosecutors , city councils, landlords, MML, judges all point to the federal prohibition.

even if the feds arent bothering michigan patients now, what happens when the next president comes in and says hes going after medical marijuana patients? all there is protecting patients from the feds is a MEMO right now.

did you even print out that memo resto? frame it on your wall? its going to be toilet paper soon enough unless marijuana is unscheduled.

Ah. The Michigan courts ALREADY straighten that out. Pay attention and use what you are given as a tool.

Did you read the recent Michigan Court Decision that said that it didn't matter for us medical folks here in Michigan that it's illegal federally? That big arse precedent setting one. I think we warned you that it would be quoted every time someone says, "It's illegal federal anyway".

people v raich still stands. they point at the federal illegality as a MORAL COMPASS not as an actual law, not as an actual 'you are breaking federal law'. more like 'your whole medical marijuana is wrong because feds say its bad and abused and no medical benefit'.

people v raich still stands. they point at the federal illegality as a MORAL COMPASS not as an actual law, not as an actual 'you are breaking federal law'. more like 'your whole medical marijuana is wrong because feds say its bad and abused and no medical benefit'.

Dude, it was just earlier this month. How could you have forgotten already?

Ter Beek v. Wyoming, SUPREME COURT Justice Bridget McCormack said Michigan’s Medical Marihuana Act itself is not barred by the federal law.

Maybe he means people won't be going to jail for Cannabis under Federally but still prosecuted

I'm just sick of hearing that it's illegal federally anyway. Our Supreme Court showed that it doesn't matter with MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIJUANA. It was a huge gift, don't pee on it, use it as a valuable tool. Spread the word. Maybe we will quit hearing the bad info then. It will take time.

so theres about a million medical marijuana patients in the usa right?

what if we all wrote one letter to obama?

What if my aunt had balls?  she would be my uncle!

Obama has nothing to gain by making mm legal, it is his last do nothing part of his presidency, shoot just getting voted in got him the nobile peace prize!

I say a million letters to congress to both party's, something in the form like if you legalize or let the states do as the states want or the people of the state vote into law! you will get a million votes off the bat! we need to here it from the beginning to the end of the presidential election.

I dont care what party they are in, as long as they say in their runs for the primary's and elections that they want to legalize mj and mm.

I truly believe it should be taxed like alcohol!  I think that would help pt's and c.g's and every one involved!

As far as home grows, our ins company's can take care of that, they can put add on's like they do because I have a wood burner to heat my home if I choose to!

Peace

is Mark Schauer for legalization/decrim ?

cant find it on his website which means hes keeping it a secret. i dont like secrets.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/18083-reply-from-mark-schauer/

HC, on 18 Apr 2010 - 21:05, said:

This is the email response I just received from my local un informed butt head

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding current marijuana policy in the United States. I appreciate hearing from my constituents on issues that are important to them. I apologize for the delay in my response. I have been working hard to respond to the many inquiries of my constituents as I set up my new office.

Under federal law, use of marijuana is illegal. While some states, Michigan included, have passed legislation to allow the use of marijuana for medical purposes, the harmful side effects of its use cannot be ignored. Marijuana seriously impairs the central nervous system's ability to control thoughts, mood, memory and coordination. Marijuana use damages the organs, glands, and hormones involved in growth and development, and poses increased risk of hypertension and heart disease. Marijuana is also a gateway drug that too often has lead to young people getting involved with even more serious substances. For these reasons, I fully support the current federal laws in place regarding marijuana usage.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If you should have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mark Schauer

Member of Congress