Rental Inspections

cindy48647

What good is video taping it going to do? You're putting the nails in your own coffin. A local inspector can't give you permission to violate the MMA. Move the plants and have it inspected.

What I was suggesting is that the OP offer to show the inspector a video of the room in lieu of him going inside the locked door. A 30-second video would be enough for him to see that the room is not an occupant space.

Edited by Highlander

He doesn't need to report his incursion as a technical violation. All he would need to do is report that there is a grow to the prosecutor. Prosecutor asks how he knows, he says becuz I was in there. Prosecutor files charges. To see that as unlikely especially in Oakland county is crazy given Oakland county's history. I say be safe. Move your bunny muffin out before the inspection. Might take a few hours but a few hours spent now is worth preventing the monster in the closet (Oakland county prosecutor) from coming out. We need to see ourselves as the German resistance did during WW2. Blend in, lay low, don't let any1 see your grow. Don't even pray down there and invite god in. It's your sanctuary.

Cool cool. Just sayin.

So we have one vote in favor of letting him in to inspect and video it. We have one vote to not let him in and then sue them and hope for a win. I vote you move the plants. Seems most logical. Or maybe you could use one of the other suggestions and let us know how that experiment goes.

And Zapata I don't care what county its in becuz every prosecutor is a complain.

Inspection is done every three years, that's how long I've lived in this house.

The inspector is through the city.

I thought maybe I was entitled to some sort of privacy

As the former owner/operator of 48 duplexes, i havde had extensive experience with the police power of a city inspector, and their close ties to the police department.  I would not do what you are doing; rent where an inspection is mandated and conducted.  Growing is still too risky to advertise.  I'd abandon for friendly environs before i have more serious contact with the atuthorities.  Just me, after 28 years of grows and ther sorrows that authorities can cause.  No way would i stay and grow, maybe live there, but definitely grow elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this is what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna move the girls into one of my bedrooms,( which he has already inspected) an lock it,then I'll let him in the room.

The first time he came out , he wanted to inspect the room in my basement, I told him I couldn't let him in there, ( should have seen the look on his face lol)he said he had to go in there, I asked him why ,he said he needed to make sure the room wasn't a bedroom. I've got three bedrooms and one isn't being used ,why would i have a bedroom in the basement?

Anyways he inspected the rest of the house and he said he'd be coming back to inspect it.

I shrugged my shoulders .

Well the caretaker of the rentals called me and said he was coming back on the 7th of October, if I didn't let him in then the owner wouldn't have his permit renewed.

So, I'll video tape him and tell him what's up.

So, I'll video tape him and tell him what's up.

I don't see any need to give him any more information than he already has. All he wants to do is make sure it's not a bedroom. There are special code requirements for basement bedrooms, such as an egress window that you can climb out of in case of fire. That's probably all he is looking for. My guess is he'll look in the room for about 10 seconds and then leave.