I Say Put Boots On The Ground!

If we are going to take out the last governments of the states we went to war with and wind up with ISIS we need to go back and fix it!

our services are all volunteer's including my own Marine Son, any one that volunteered for the armed services should be ready for a war, we are always in a war some where!

We need to drop boots on the ground all around them barbarians wipe em out quick give boarders  back and get the hell out!  let them put it back together, we dont pay for the damage any longer, we leave, and when it happens again bomb the hell out of them and drop boots on the ground again, we can kill like they can kill and if we dont it will be happening here!

Peace 

Now go at it!

Arguably it has been western intervention back to ww2 (and arguably before this even) that has 'created' the situation that is so very hostile to the US. Right down to forced national borders encompassing varied ethnic & religious factions that very nearly hate each other, along w forced national heads that have been less than humanitarian though initially in favor of our interests over there. Certainly I dont tolerate 9/11, but understand (a little) all the western hate that exists. I question if some more donkey kickin is what's needed.

But for the rise of ISIS... take a look at frontline's synopsis...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/rise-of-isis/

Arguably the current situation arose from our get in/get out policy, and if we really want to take it upon ourselves to redesign & rebuild another nation it will take a shirtload of effort beyond beating them into to the dirt. And likely the more we do along those lines, the worse the resentment will become (and but another iteration of hatred will emerge).

I'd rather not have another American sacrifice a life for the games that our politicians play, and a game they play rather ineptly. I have plenty of faith in our military, but none in our leadership.

I think precision bombing, take out all of their facalty's wipe out the tyrants and leave!  phaq em dont put a gov in charge let them put it back together!  secure our borders, and go wipe them out!  Phaq it, we did not start their holy wars, they have been going on before any U.S history books, isnt the king james version of the bible a history book?

I dont recall anything about the western states wiping out other nations, and as far as world war 2 goes, we were drawn into that one by the japs!  they bombed pearl harbor, we should have gotten in on the germany threat way before we did! we bombed japan twice to get them back inline and they are still inline!  maybe we should have left them and china fighting each other eh?

Isreal and Iran will start world war 3 if we dont get Iran in order!  Yes we, we have the most to lose. we will be nuked if the wrong hands get ahold of nuc weapons!

Peace

Will just create another power vacuum and the whack a mole never ends.

How many times do we need to fail and keep doing the same thing over and over and over again. ..... Insanity.

Walk away.  This all goes back to the treaty of Versailles.  We drew lines in the sand. We made promises to the arabs they would get everything to Damascus. We lied.

And.... here we go again..., another huge waste of money, resources and lives.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-25299553

The Middle East during World War One

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/wwone/middle_east_01.shtml

I always feel you can't really understand the middle east unless you understand more of the history.

The last two links give an ok overview of that transformative time of WW1, the fall of the Ottoman empire, lines in the sand, etc.

Will just create another power vacuum and the whack a mole never ends.

How many times do we need to fail and keep doing the same thing over and over and over again. ..... Insanity.

Walk away.  This all goes back to the treaty of Versailles.  We drew lines in the sand. We made promises to the arabs they would get everything to Damascus. We lied.

And.... here we go again..., another huge waste of money, resources and lives.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-25299553

good read!  I want more lol!

we are the only ones that dropped an atom bomb on another country. did I miss something in the url you put in your post?

Yes I was aware of all of that, but I thought you were going to show us about the only country to bomb another in your url you posted, although I throuholy enjoyed the read it didnt tell me anything I didnt already know!

Peace

Going back to Iraq or bombing Iran ain't gonna cut it.  There is no "get in get out."  I mean if you have a hummus convention and get all of ISIL to attend then we could do them in all at once.  But when they're in the cities and aren't wearing their dayglo beacons then it's pretty hard to wipe them out without mass collateral damage.  That was the problem in Iraq before.  And in Vietnam before that.  I mean if we could get them to line up at opposite ends of the field like they did in the Revolutionary War then that would be easy too.  But it ain't gonna happen.

Like mal said, we could take back control of Iraq but when the Iraqi soldiers flee and won't fight we can't hold it without continuous occupation.  We can install a new government and half the people won't like it and a few years after we leave it will go to pot again.

Too many opposing religious factions to make every1 happy.  And when you live in a "kill your neighbor if they aren't of the same religion" culture then there isn't much we can do.  Unless we go back to American Imperialism and just take it as our own.

I love hummus and all lebanese food, I grew up on it, my fav meat is lamb, spring lamb not mutten, my grand ma was off the boat from lebanon so I grew up eating all the mideastern foods, man I miss my granny, that is the only thing I miss not living in the city is being able to get me some kibbynia, grape leaves, lamb cabbobs oh man im hungry!

I say we dont fix it, we are just gonna get rid of our old rockets and strategic bombs so we can keep a fresh shelf life!  why not us try our weapons or get rid of the old instead of supplying these fools, it wasnt that long ago we were supply iraq and iran in their war!

blow them phaqs all the way to their 21 virgins in the sky,,,let them find out if there is a heaven and hell before us!

Peace