Hartwick And Tuttle Amicus Briefs Filed On Behalf Of Mmma And Cpu

We can only hope that the opinion published is as much of a rout for Oakland County as the lines of questioning seem to reveal it might be.

New Justice Bernstein, nice question on the use of royal "we." Ms. Mazur used the word "we" to describe her husband's caregiving actions to the police when they raided, and Oakland County wants to use it to breach 4(i).

In which case it would be smart to plead under sec. 8.

Oh ok she is the one in Court for helping him in the grow room she needed to stay out of the basement i guess

And now she should petition for a sec. 8 hearing. She was acting as a caregiver to her husband's patient(s), albeit without registry connection.

Is it still possible for her to bring said hearing?

Edited by GregS

uffh...

yeah guys its not any kind of slam dunk yet.

remember we thought the same things in all these MSC cases before. the oral arguments seem to tip in our (patients) favor and then BLAM here comes the smackdown in the opinion later.

some small technical word or missing comma and everyone loses all protections for no good reason.

And now she should petition for a sec. 8 hearing. She was acting as a caregiver to her husband's patient(s), albeit without registry connection.

Is it still possible for her to bring said hearing?

gregs, unfortunately, i think with mazur, because her husband pleaded guilty , his "medical use" is in question, therefor if shes an unregistered caregiver, she may find it hard to prove that her post-it was "medical use" under sec8. if her husband patient was not using marijuana for "medical use"....

basically they need to appeal the husbands conviction to save her. if possible at all.

Edited by t-pain

gregs, unfortunately, i think with mazur, because her husband pleaded guilty , his "medical use" is in question, therefor if shes an unregistered caregiver, she may find it hard to prove that her post-it was "medical use" under sec8. if her husband patient was not using marijuana for "medical use"....

basically they need to appeal the husbands conviction to save her. if possible at all.

Is there proof that her husband's patients were not involved for the purpose of medical use?