Opinions On Spinpro?

Highlander

"I jest but the point is valid." - I'm not worried at all about what you are providing. As I have said numerous times, your people love it and what else matters?

I was tongue-in-cheek about a serious topic that you alluded to (albeit unintentionally) be asking "What can be wrong with providing people trichome covered stems?" me being the jerk and pedant that I am was able to find a connection to LEO having a problem with it based on Carruthers. I love stems, the big ones from the center of a juicy bud is awesome. Many fond memories of afternoons playing frisbee chewing on one.

You's all good in my book. If I ever seem like I'm giving you crap it is certainly a fault of my poor wording and not any feelings towards how you run your caregiving.

Thanks for the pictures to peruse! I just got a new 30x Loupe and I've been having a riotous time examining plant matter closely.

It's all good. On this board, sometimes we all agree, and sometimes we debate, and sometimes we just bust each other's ba77s when warranted. The end goal is to find and provide good information.

It's all good. On this board, sometimes we all agree, and sometimes we debate, and sometimes we just bust each other's ba77s when warranted. The end goal is to find and provide good information.

Totally, as long as it is clear I have no desire to break any stones over a person's spin-pro use.

No thoughts on the trichomes on the stem being perceived by LEO differently than the trichomes on the flower? That really is the essence of Carruthers isn't it? According to the COA Opinion it sure seems to be to me.

I feel that what ever process a person chooses ultimately is their choice. 

I sew and any extended amount of scissor work will have my hand clawed up for days.

I've never trimmed much cannabis yet I can imagine what it would do to my hands.

@AAinAA

No one is to be in the presence of the plants except the cg and the pt.

How to you get a community together to trim when it isn't legal?

It is no longer a plant when it is in sections. I have seen lawyers, police, city inspectors and retirees around harvested plants. I have only seen tradesmen (hvac , electricians) around functioning rooms.

There are lots of people that make their money by helping people trim. I don't think a law needs to be in place for it to happen. It will happen regardless.

I attribute my growing success to the viewing of the trials and tribulations of those around me. If I was kept isolated from others in my field I wouldn't know half of what I do now.

I think dispensories were ruled illegal but that still happens.

Sure, the things happen, to people who aren't careful and prepared enough. You can't prepare for everythng, sure, but it can't hurt to be incredibly selective either. only speaking for myself here on the forum, but I can't see folks on the forum board advertising that they are looking for trimmers outside of their legitimate pt circles.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

supporting five patients does not require trimming help, this aint Cali.

We're mostly up to speed on successive harvesting in a perpetual planting scene, keeping our trimming down to a plant or two every week or so.

Trimming a 15 ounce wet plant reduces to about 4 ounces in a few proper drying days, and takes me less than a half hour by myself, and I'm crippled.

now, there should be some allowed  provision for  assistance in the garden to the handicapped choosing to grow for themselves.

nobody in the vicinity can be arrested for trimming marijuana if the carded person is present, I thought?

It is no longer a plant when it is in sections. I have seen lawyers, police, city inspectors and retirees around harvested plants. I have only seen tradesmen (hvac , electricians) around functioning rooms.

There are lots of people that make their money by helping people trim. I don't think a law needs to be in place for it to happen. It will happen regardless.

I attribute my growing success to the viewing of the trials and tribulations of those around me. If I was kept isolated from others in my field I wouldn't know half of what I do now.

I think dispensories were ruled illegal but that still happens.

We have seen courts charge people who had MJ accessible to them and/ or participated in MJ production in some way or another. Many PAs would love the chance to charge a trimmer for being "in possession" of meds they are trimming. Also, most of know of the case where a wife is charged because she wrote a post-it note for her husband to be attached to a plant. The legal climate in Michigan is not friendly to outside trimming services at this time. I'm hope and am glad you might be having a a positive experience with this.

supporting five patients does not require trimming help, this aint Cali.

We're mostly up to speed on successive harvesting in a perpetual planting scene, keeping our trimming down to a plant or two every week or so.

Trimming a 15 ounce wet plant reduces to about 4 ounces in a few proper drying days, and takes me less than a half hour by myself, and I'm crippled.

now, there should be some allowed  provision for  assistance in the garden to the handicapped choosing to grow for themselves.

nobody in the vicinity can be arrested for trimming marijuana if the carded person is present, I thought?

I would not bet my freedom on the assumption in your last sentence. If you can trim an oz in about 7 minutes, you're far more accomplished than I am with trimming. I can't see myself ever being able to do that manually. Good on ya, though.

I would not bet my freedom on the assumption in your last sentence. If you can trim an oz in about 7 minutes, you're far more accomplished than I am with trimming. I can't see myself ever being able to do that manually. Good on ya, though.

Anyone who has trimmed knows that you can't make a proper 'across the board' estimate on trim time. There are way too many variables to do that. Sometimes it takes a lot longer depending on the growth of the bud. Some buds practically trim themselves.

Edited by Restorium2

Anyone who has trimmed knows that you can't make a proper 'across the board' estimate on trim time. There are way too many variables to do that. Sometimes it takes a lot longer depending on the growth of the bud. Some buds practically trim themselves.

I agree with this.  I remember back in 2009 when it was time to chop down the first bigger harvest grown legally.  I dreaded the up-coming effort needed to trim, recalling how long it took to trim fewer and smaller plants in years past.  In the proceeding years, I've gotten a bit more efficient with trimming but have never been able to trim a 4-oz plant in 30 minutes - not even close.  If the person trimming is cutting all of the leaf stems back/deep, that's a lot of work and a lot of time.  At this point in my life, I figure I've already used way more than half the time I have on this planet.  The older I get, the more valuable time becomes. 

One of my strains grown for years now is super silver cheese - I believe a cross between some cheese and super silver haze.  This plant might fall into the category of "trims itself."  Much like my super lemon haze, which isn't very leafy at all.  I could almost just snap off the fan leaves and call it good.  But then I have other stains with multitudes of leaves.

and those are quicker. lighten up on your fertilizers and you'd be amazed at the vegetative growth reduction in flower.

counting on "flushing" becomes funny once you look at nature and the way she does it.

but maybe you are right, maybe I don't grow cannabis at all?maybe I don't even use it? maybe I come here just to expose your ridiculousness while I observe your credibility being flushed daily here?

who knows really? I have learned from your history here though, if Resto is unable to grasp a concept then it must be a untrue and impossibly concluded.

or maybe I trim like chit, because I don't submit pics to HT, and my patients love exactly what I do. consider that

or maybe you're just a oversensitive fella doing the best that he can, compulsively knocking away at trim unseen to stroke your ego here when reported.... yet still unable to match others experiences !

If a member here posted they could trim a plant in 10 minutes you'd call them a liar. most of us would simply ask for directions consider that too.

oh yeah, at packaging time I visually inspect each bud as it goes into the stink proof bag. I snip the visible stems off then, adding another 4 minutes to a couple ounce task.

I told you once before resto, blowing on my candle does not make yours burn brighter. go hit the politico section, where you just might be able to hole your own.

good luck there too. sorry about the wounds

I agree with this.  I remember back in 2009 when it was time to chop down the first bigger harvest grown legally.  I dreaded the up-coming effort needed to trim, recalling how long it took to trim fewer and smaller plants in years past.  In the proceeding years, I've gotten a bit more efficient with trimming but have never been able to trim a 4-oz plant in 30 minutes - not even close.  If the person trimming is cutting all of the leaf stems back/deep, that's a lot of work and a lot of time.  At this point in my life, I figure I've already used way more than half the time I have on this planet.  The older I get, the more valuable time becomes. 

One of my strains grown for years now is super silver cheese - I believe a cross between some cheese and super silver haze.  This plant might fall into the category of "trims itself."  Much like my super lemon haze, which isn't very leafy at all.  I could almost just snap off the fan leaves and call it good.  But then I have other stains with multitudes of leaves.

so actually you are able to trim your four ounce sativa in 30 minutes? what gives.

I gave an honest average, mine. I watched folks fumble for hours too, but I don't. there is no prize for a quick trimmer, and lying about it would be ridiculous, it doesn't make me a better grower either.

Recall the majority of my plants are going to yield about 3 ounces of dried buds, that's a small plant.

IN the last week many useless leaves are removed, as well as any lower buds. by the time its ready for me, its a breeze. If it wasn't I wouldn't have any patients at all. for 150-200 dollars, who would complain, they and I paid more than that on the black market.

so actually you are able to trim your four ounce sativa in 30 minutes? what gives.I gave an honest average, mine. I watched folks fumble for hours too, but I don't. there is no prize for a quick trimmer, and lying about it would be ridiculous, it doesn't make me a better grower either.Recall the majority of my plants are going to yield about 3 ounces of dried buds, that's a small plant.IN the last week many useless leaves are removed, as well as any lower buds. by the time its ready for me, its a breeze. If it wasn't I wouldn't have any patients at all. for 150-200 dollars, who would complain, they and I paid more than that on the black market.

I'm a bit lost here on what you are saying. To be clear, I can't trim a 4-oz sativa in 30 minutes.

I'm a bit lost here on what you are saying. To be clear, I can't trim a 4-oz sativa in 30 minutes.

"One of my strains grown for years now is super silver cheese - I believe a cross between some cheese and super silver haze. This plant might fall into the category of "trims itself."" you're right though, I didn't ask how many ounces you reaped, or really how long it took you to trim your already trimmed plant. sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'll move on to another truth for resto to refute, sorry for involving you in his combativeness, it was wrong of me. I like you, but his avatar is crusty. :P

"One of my strains grown for years now is super silver cheese - I believe a cross between some cheese and super silver haze. This plant might fall into the category of "trims itself."" you're right though, I didn't ask how many ounces you reaped, or really how long it took you to trim your already trimmed plant. sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'll move on to another truth for resto to refute, sorry for involving you in his combativeness, it was wrong of me. I like you, but his avatar is crusty. :P

Yeah the super silver cheese is leafy, mostly fan leaves that I snap off during the flush period. At harvest time, there are few leaves left to trim. But this plant hasn't expressed like a sativa at all. It is an easy trim. Other plants, with more sativa traits, are far less easy to trim.

ah, ya see, the bulk of my plants lose all but a few leaves in the organic garden. I worked with natural ferts for a long time and determined an overall amount to be added quickly. I avoid over fertilization, sweep up all the yellow leaves as the plant matures. I grow colas generally, and anyone that trains likewise would know the ease of trimming that method provides. I have hardly any brush to contend with, and very little vegetable matter to remove. I've even yanked them off a couple times like my Indian friend and everyone was happy. I don't have time to fuss with needle stems and sugar leaf bits hiding within the bud and find the less I touch these harvest the more potent and tasty they are, to my patients and luckily me. I shave the buds and dry them. when someone want it done differently, I comply, if I feel like it

I do suspect that selling to a dispensary would require a finer trim than what I provide for their display, but who cares about that. those patients going there pay upwards of twice what my patients do, its all relative. If a patient demanded I use up hours to manicure, I'd dump them in a day and another would replace them the next. Its my way, period. my registry, my garden, my hands, my trim job.  It wont please everyone of course, but no complaints since the beginning. I'm gonna keep doing what I've always done because I just love the results I've always got

Four one ounce colas are a snap to trim, literally, but a grower would need to be familiar with techniques to facilitate this advantage, or....it simply cannot be done? either way, I hope your fingers heal well, and never hurt again!

peace

Edited by grassmatch

I do suspect that selling to a dispensary would require a finer trim than what I provide for their display, but who cares about that. those patients going there pay upwards of twice what my patients do, its all relative.

peace

I've had virtually untrimmed transferred to me from a Provisioning Center Agent before. That was a $200 donation per oz.a "Silver Haze" they called it. Wasn't bad. 13-15% neighborhood I'd reckon. The Purple Diesel a weak later was same price but machine trimmed. I liked both of them but I'm not overly picky given how little unprepared grass I use.

I'll admit when I look through sample jars I look for strains that are less trimmed. The au naturale-bud next-door look is sexy to me. Like I picked it off the Tree of Life myself.

We have seen courts charge people who had MJ accessible to them and/ or participated in MJ production in some way or another. Many PAs would love the chance to charge a trimmer for being "in possession" of meds they are trimming. Also, most of know of the case where a wife is charged because she wrote a post-it note for her husband to be attached to a plant. The legal climate in Michigan is not friendly to outside trimming services at this time. I'm hope and am glad you might be having a a positive experience with this.

I am sorry to hear of the police corruption. The most I have lost was 72 plants a few years back. It was outdoor and my partner back then didn't think he needed a roof. Those Lansing boys had a good haul but it was still too early for buds to be forming. No jail time, just some lost hopes!

I know that those laws are wrong. Just because it is the law doesn't make it right. Collecting rain water has been illegal in the past but people didn't listen to that and took back their rights. How long till we do the same? This whole Medical Marijuana scene is a flippin joke. Wake up and realize that they are selling our rights back to us. We are letting them confine us with their laws. We need to get medical marijuana completely legal. Instead we are allowing www.thedailychronic.net/2014/26917/michigan-governor-signs-pharmaceutical-grade-medical-marijuana-law/ .

*rant off*