Marijuana Quality Testing Going Mainstream‏

Did you have any link to show that Iron Labs is pushing for mandatory testing?  If so I'd probably stop using them as I don't believe in mandatory testing.

They are working with the Michigan Legislature to establish manditory testing rules.

Sorry Resto, do you have a link to show that, some kind of proof.  Your view with the ma and pa dispensaries and the dispensary lobby makes it so i just can't take your word.  Well a lot of your views really, esp since Mal said he talked to Iron Labs and worked it out, whatever that means.

Edited by Norby

Well, until I have proof I'm not ready to throw someone under the bus.  I don't go to other labs because I know there are shady practices in everything.  Caregivers, dispensaries, patients, cops, judges, etc.etc.etc.  There just wasn't enough info in that article and all I saw was one lab criticizing others.  Remember a lab did the tests to prove the tests wrong in the article and didn't give ANY background on calibration, technique, age of the edibles from the first test, etc,etc.  I'm 100% against corruption and gaming the system(mandatory testing).

And I've said before I'm NOT FOR MANDATORY TESTING.  I just want there to be more than an honor system, BUT NOT MANDATORY.  But the way I see it is if I'm for no penalties for anyone over FDA guidelines on pesticides on something people are using as medicine I'm not a good person.

Safety testing = Mandatory testing.  To think different is silly.

Marijuana is illegal. Marijuana testing is illegal.  To make it legal(in the state), one must create mandatory testing in the state law because that is what safety testing does. Require testing!

So when you say you want "safety testing only"  you are saying you only want "mandatory safety testing". 

I wrote a post about my testing position a couple pages ago.

Testing.  For large commercial/corporate products,  general safety testing, not beyond what is already currently accepted for other herbal products.  Mold. fungi, Best Practices etc.

For commercial edible products. Previous testing plus large batch ecoli(plus a couple others) testing similar to all current testing standards for all commercial/corporate food products.

Anything beyond that is for Entertainment/ Marketing/ scientific interest.

Local small  growers/farmers/collectives who sell commercially are not subject to such testing.

Patients and Caregivers never ever test . As I said entertainment/interest.

Cannabinoid levels are scientific interest and marketing. 

You may not realize, but these items we speak of will either be mandatory or not exist.(edit: not exist legally)  We will not be blessed with a middle ground.(edit: Willy nilly commercial testing at ones own desire)

Large commercial= simple basic safety testing. Period. Anything after that is boutique otherwise it will be mandatory.

At iron labs, I would say the owner and the actual lab guy are not always on the same page.

They have always wanted mandatory testing. They want mandatory cannabinoid testing as well as mandatory safety testing. Safety testing that only uses visual to detect mold. But they want extensive cannabinoid testing because that talks more money that simple safety testing.

I spoke for many months with many labs and lab workers, owners, ex lab owners(Hi northern),  both in state and out of state about the best and worst ways to handle this.

And remember, I see no real requirement needed for testing personally. But,  I posted my previous post again because that is what  middle ground could be achieved.

The bill from last year eventually was whittled down to testing of medibles/products only. 

>:-)

Sorry Resto, do you have a link to show that, some kind of proof.  Your view with the ma and pa dispensaries and the dispensary lobby makes it so i just can't take your word.  Well a lot of your views really, esp since Mal said he talked to Iron Labs and worked it out, whatever that means.

Cheerio...

http://www.senate.michigan.gov/committees/files/2014-SCT-GO__-03-11-1-10.PDF

I have more testimony  plus video as well, but this is summed up in one paragraph to make it easy.  I mean, I personally speak with people, but I do not record the conversations to have proof for you.  But in this case, they have publically  dealt with this many times.  As well as many many others.

Safety testing = Mandatory testing.  To think different is silly.

Marijuana is illegal. Marijuana testing is illegal.  To make it legal(in the state), one must create mandatory testing in the state law because that is what safety testing does. Require testing!

So when you say you want "safety testing only"  you are saying you only want "mandatory safety testing". 

I wrote a post about my testing position a couple pages ago.

Is that how they do food?  Are you calling me silly?  Are you saying all food testing is mandatory?  I've also stated my position before but some people still want to say I want something different.  I know what I want, I stated it but you think I want something different by twisting my words and saying there is only one way to do something.

I didn't say anything about safety testing, please stop twisting my words.  Please?  Again, Please?  Once more, f u k i n g please? When I say something that is what I say.

Edited by Norby

Testing.  For large commercial/corporate products,  general safety testing, not beyond what is already currently accepted for other herbal products.  Mold. fungi, Best Practices etc.

For commercial edible products. Previous testing plus large batch ecoli(plus a couple others) testing similar to all current testing standards for all commercial/corporate food products.

Anything beyond that is for Entertainment/ Marketing/ scientific interest.

Local small  growers/farmers/collectives who sell commercially are not subject to such testing.

Patients and Caregivers never ever test . As I said entertainment/interest.

Cannabinoid levels are scientific interest and marketing. 

You may not realize, but these items we speak of will either be mandatory or not exist.(edit: not exist legally)  We will not be blessed with a middle ground.(edit: Willy nilly commercial testing at ones own desire)

Large commercial= simple basic safety testing. Period. Anything after that is boutique otherwise it will be mandatory.

The difference between what you and I want is at the caregiver level.  Test if the patient wants to test and some penalties if a caregiver shows he/she is selling pesticide ridden buds at 1000% allowable on our food.  For some reason you don't seem to be for the patients on that one, but hey what do I know.  Oh ya, the mesothelioma comment.  You don't think it can cause cancer or anything.  Or that mold is harmful if it's only 5 patients.  Again not mandatory testing but implications for f u k i n g  with sick people. Will I get it.  Well I'm not doing anything about it so no.  And since I have no power guess it doesn't matter as It's what I want.

I would also add, this is a very slippery slope.  You will not get what you want.  Unicorns aren't real.

Duh, I'm just justifying my stance as it seems to irk some people into a tizzy.  What makes you think I have any ability to do anything in the first place.  You make it seem as if my view somehow matters.

Edited by Norby

Valid to points to which I would ask, what is our legislature/we doing about this? We will have the same problem if a product is considered legal if simply labeled as per the proposed law.

Our legislature is trying to get as many of us into jail as they can as to protect us, don't worry.

Cheerio...

http://www.senate.michigan.gov/committees/files/2014-SCT-GO__-03-11-1-10.PDF

I have more testimony  plus video as well, but this is summed up in one paragraph to make it easy.  I mean, I personally speak with people, but I do not record the conversations to have proof for you.  But in this case, they have publically  dealt with this many times.  As well as many many others.

And what was the testing mandate in 4271?  Anything sold thru 3rd party had to be tested?  There was nothing about mandatory testing of caregivers?  Just testing dispensaries?  So that doesn't really say they are for mandatory testing of caregivers to patients, correct?  So someone could SAY they are for mandatory testing, while someone thinks they are for mandatory testing of caregivers, while their stance is just mandatory 3rd party sales testing(if you can even deduce that, the letter just says they support the bills and they are FOR testing, well they are a testing facility, I hope they have confidence in themselves and think they are doing the community a good service, I don't think they would've started the business if they didn't think that).  Because it doesn't look like they were pushing for anything more restrictive, just supporting the bills.  Not really a smoking gun.  It just points out that 4271 mandates testing, which they do, so they should support it.  I don't know, doesn't show me that Iron labs is putting money towards trying to mandate testing. Just that they supported the same bills I did.

Edited by Norby

And what was the testing mandate in 4271?  Anything sold thru 3rd party had to be tested?  There was nothing about mandatory testing of caregivers?  Just testing dispensaries?  So that doesn't really say they are for mandatory testing of caregivers to patients, correct?  So someone could SAY they are for mandatory testing, while someone thinks they are for mandatory testing of caregivers, while their stance is just mandatory 3rd party sales testing(if you can even deduce that, the letter just says they support the bills and they are FOR testing, well they are a testing facility, I hope they have confidence in themselves and think they are doing the community a good service, I don't think they would've started the business if they didn't think that).  Because it doesn't look like they were pushing for anything more restrictive, just supporting the bills.  Not really a smoking gun.  It just points out that 4271 mandates testing, which they do, so they should support it.  I don't know, doesn't show me that Iron labs is putting money towards trying to mandate testing. Just that they supported the same bills I did.

You are working for IRON LABS and their bid for mandated testing in Michigan. Whether you admit it or not doesn't matter. You are a lab interest that will say anything to get mandatory testing for everyone. You are totally following the money and don't care about anyone but yourself and the possible future money you can make in your greed headed adventure with Medical Marijuana and Iron Labs. You should have a disclaimer attached to every post you make about testing because everything you say comes out $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for your greedy adventure. You should be ashamed of yourself and crawl back where you came from. They probably threw you out of NY for being an arsehole there.

My views are bassed on what patients that don't have a lot of money can use. My views are not bent to making money or some greedy scammy hook up with a criminal business that wants to steal from all of us.

You are working for IRON LABS and their bid for mandated testing in Michigan. Whether you admit it or not doesn't matter. You are a lab interest that will say anything to get mandatory testing for everyone. You are totally following the money and don't care about anyone but yourself and the possible future money you can make in your greed headed adventure with Medical Marijuana and Iron Labs. You should have a disclaimer attached to every post you make about testing because everything you say comes out $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for your greedy adventure. You should be ashamed of yourself and crawl back where you came from. They probably threw you out of NY for being an arsehole there.

Guess we're both terrible people.

My views are bassed on what patients that don't have a lot of money can use. My views are not bent to making money or some greedy scammy hook up with a criminal business that wants to steal from all of us.

Patients can get a caregiver.  Why would they want to go to a RETAIL location to purchase their meds which is 2x as much and also has the cost of testing.  Why can't anyone get tested flowers if they want it?  Why does EVERYTHING have to be untested for you?  Is it because your meds are contaminated with pesticides and your just looking out for yourself?  You just want to throw patients under the bus.  A pesticide test on 15oz. comes down to less than $10 and ounce markup.  But you must not want anyone knowing what's in your meds I guess. See I can do this too and it gets us nowhere.