Best Way To Go About This...

Hello,

I'm a pain patient (among other things about which I won't get into detail)...

I was wondering, if I would like to keep my medical marijuana use private, what would one do if they're living under the same roof as the wife and kids?

I am a licensed medical marijuana patient, having recently received a card in the mail from my state governmental body.

I've considered edibles (carefully) as smoking the medicine just doesn't appeal to me strategy-wise.  The best time I can smoke is at night when everyone's asleep, or in the day when everyone's away.  I would use indica and sativa respectively...

I'm just not having fun as I still believe I need to keep this all a secret from my wife, and I'm afraid if my oldest child finds out too, it might be a bad influence on him.

Thanks,

Cheech Peters

It sounds a little like you are having trouble wrapping your head around using cannabis as medicine.   If it is helping your medical condition, why do you need to hide its use? 

I understand that you may need to have 'the talk' with your family but after explaining why it works to relieve your pain, they should begin to come around.  The key is education.  Children may need help comprehending the duality of cannabis use but with a little time and patience they will likely surprise you

A relationship is all about trust and honesty!  If you dont have that you may as well not be in a relationship.

Kids can be told about mm as a medicine and they will learn to accept it, you will be suprised, as far as your wife accepting it, well that is gonna take some discussing with her, Im sure you can show her that mm is better than opoids for pain!  I bet you know a few people addicted to opoids, one of them could even be your 77 yr old mother, (mine is addicted and it is sad).

I wont live a lie with my significant other, I would rather live alone than have a relationship I cant be honest in!

Best of Luck!

Peace

LOl grow some balls man!  lying to your other half is a remedy for not having to explain.. she'll spit.. but if your honest and can voice your reason, and show proof to her, your   far an away better off.. Besides wives have a sixth sense about lies.. :watching: they always seem to find out..

Edited by Willy

LOl grow some balls man!  lying to your other half is a remedy for not having to explain.. she'll spit.. but if your honest and can voice your reason, and show proof to her, your   far an away better off.. Besides wives have a sixth sense about lies.. :watching: they always seem to find out..

she already KNOWS!

For stealth use cannabis oil in gel caps.

Edited by Restorium2

Welcome to the forums :yahoo-wave:

Congratulations on choosing cannabis for natural healing.

Come out of the cannabis closet, at least with your spouse.

Sneaking around imho will only create disharmony.

Wishing you the very best outcome.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you!  I will definitely let all of you know how it goes.  Thanks too for all of your wonderful and humor-filled responses. 

I did light up the other day while everyone was away.  Fortunately, the odor was gone by the time everyone got home. 

Digesting your responses and considering letting her (and possibly the oldest child) know.

Thankfully, Michigan is a state that's compassionate where patients can use this stuff in a medical fashion, and a majority of the people have recognized the importance of its use.  :goodjob:

Goodluck... You cant hide it from those in the house. The behaviors of concealing will be noticed, the evidence of consumption will be discovered, changes in mood/behaviors will be mentioned. And even though you may feel that the odor has dissipated, likely to a non-smoker it has not... You'v just become nose-blind to it. Nothing u will want to hear, unfortunately.

That said, no smoking in the house, everything outside. Medibles the best idea. If u do smoke, dont forget to do all the regular items... Hold/smoke downwind, wash face/hands w rubbing alcohol then soap, brush teeth & gargle w listerine, visine, change ur shirt, and while trying to not act wierd dont act wierder, lol. See... Even just the act of doing it in a discrete manner is noticeable to anyone paying attention. And if u do it outside, someone else may catch wind.

I have a buddy that doesnt ever do it at the house at all... And his wife knows almost immediately when he gets home. Goodluck.

Goodluck... You cant hide it from those in the house. The behaviors of concealing will be noticed, the evidence of consumption will be discovered, changes in mood/behaviors will be mentioned. And even though you may feel that the odor has dissipated, likely to a non-smoker it has not... You'v just become nose-blind to it. Nothing u will want to hear, unfortunately.

That said, no smoking in the house, everything outside. Medibles the best idea. If u do smoke, dont forget to do all the regular items... Hold/smoke downwind, wash face/hands w rubbing alcohol then soap, brush teeth & gargle w listerine, visine, change ur shirt, and while trying to not act wierd dont act wierder, lol. See... Even just the act of doing it in a discrete manner is noticeable to anyone paying attention. And if u do it outside, someone else may catch wind.

I have a buddy that doesnt ever do it at the house at all... And his wife knows almost immediately when he gets home. Goodluck.

There is no way in hell I would live like that!  I was on 10 mg methadone and 1mg xanax for over 12 yrs, I was doing them as directed, 4 per day, one every 6 hrs,  I got a driving w/o a liscense and had to do 8 days in jail,  I dont remember anything after the 2nd day, I woke up in I.C.U,  when my lady picked me up at midnite, it only took her 5 minutes to decide to call an ambulance, I almost died from being cold turkeyed,  My dr. said I should have died, I was out for over 18 hrs in i.c.u.

Is that what your wife wants for you?

Talk about it, I hate liars and thieve's and I refuse to live a life of lie's!  When I met my lady I told her the first date I smoked mmj and I will continue to and im not going to hide it, im not going to go smoke in the shed, I am not going for a ride to burn one, I will have a room I will smoke in!  and I did! and life was just fine, I explained to the kids that im an mm pt, I showed them my card and answered any questions they had, and I told them what happens at home stays at home, if you like where you live and your mother and me you will not tell people our biz!

done, educated and understood!

Peace