Caregiver issues, probably looking for a new one soon (Macomb)

Brickster

Hello, new to the forum. I got my card a year ago and signed up with a caregiver through the Dr. office I got the card from about 7 months ago. I was told that I would get 1 ounce free per month and every ounce after that would cost $100 when I got the card. When I got around to signing up for a caregiver about 5 months later (7 months ago), they told me I would get 1/2 ounce free and every once after would cost $150.

For the first few months, what I was getting was very low quality and smelled / tasted like chemicals. I was told that it was from a 3rd party until my requested plants were ready. Finally I stared getting some grown by my CG (not the strain I asked for). The chemical taste was gone and it was smoke-able, but still fairly low quality. I just got my batch in March which was close to the strain I asked for, but the quality was still low and a few of the larger buds had mold in them (see attached pic).

I'm thinking that I will just cancel my current CG, since I don't even want what they give me for free. Meanwhile, I'm paying out the rear for the strains which work best from dispensaries / deliveries. I tried talking to the Dr. about getting a different CG, and they insist the one I have is "very experienced" and there's no need to switch (seems like, nobody they can recommend who can do better). I'm not really sure where else to look for a CG. I saw a few posts on here saying Craigslist, but I haven't seen anything on their yet. Are you allowed to ask on here?

I live in SE MI, Macomb area. My go to strains are Gorilla Glue and Girl Scout Cookies. I have been replacing edibles with Rick Simpson Oil from a delivery to eliminate the sugar. If I could get GG or both strains (over very similar 50-50 ish hybrid, high THC) and possibly the RSO in one place for less than I'm currently getting charged, I would be a happy camper. I don't really have a place to grow or I would try, shared residents and they won't tolerate the smell.

Any advice?

Thanks

moldy.jpg

A doctor can write you a recommendation to use marijuana, but he/she cannot dictate who you have for your caregiver! If the person you're using as the person who is to provide for you is providing you with crap, drop them. You are not required to have a caregiver. Since you're using a dispensary anyway, pay the $10 and do without. You can always a new one, once a good one is found.

The problem is with "free" meds.  This has been the case for years.

There are mostly only four reasons why some CGs offer free meds:

1.  You're close friends or family, and the CG is a super nice guy (or gal).

2.  The CG is trying out a huge number of new strains and wants more plants to facilitate this.  (This really doesn't happen very often).

3.  The CG is growing more than his/her patients need and selling overages illegally.  (Do you want a CG going around with YOUR MMJ card/info if he/she is the sort of person taking big legal risks?)

4.  The CG is inexperienced and willing to promise free meds to try to get patients.

Medical MJ is no different than the rest of life.  If someone offers you something for nothing, you need to dig deep and figure out what the real cost is and if that's something you want to be involved with.

This concept of free meds has disappointed many patients.  You have to ask yourself why a complete stranger would offer MJ for free.  You also should know that at least some CGs (I've witnessed this first hand) pay certification clinics a fee when a new patient is referred and signs up.  

Going back to 2009, the most successful relationships I've had (as a CG) with patients are 1.) Family, 2.) Friends, 3.) Referral from family or friends (counting my patients as friends as it usually works out that way) and 4.) This website.

If I were in your shoes, I'd use the link the previous poster put up, send in the form removing the CG and send a copy certified mail to the CG....and get started with the new search.  Unless you have someone in mind already, I'd start on this website in the classifieds section.  There are several members/CGs here who have been active on these forums for a long time and have built some credability.

Good luck.  And yeah, that bud you posted a pic of is absolute garbage.  

On 4/1/2018 at 8:15 PM, Ms Chocolate said:

A doctor can write you a recommendation to use marijuana, but he/she cannot dictate who you have for your caregiver! If the person you're using as the person who is to provide for you is providing you with crap, drop them. You are not required to have a caregiver. Since you're using a dispensary anyway, pay the $10 and do without. You can always a new one, once a good one is found.

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

12 hours ago, Easy E said:

That bud pic is absolutely unacceptable. Here's a link to the remove caregiver form: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Remove_Caregiver_Form_601722_7.pdf

Thanks, filling it out today xD

9 hours ago, Highlander said:

The problem is with "free" meds.  This has been the case for years.

There are mostly only four reasons why some CGs offer free meds:

1.  You're close friends or family, and the CG is a super nice guy (or gal).

2.  The CG is trying out a huge number of new strains and wants more plants to facilitate this.  (This really doesn't happen very often).

3.  The CG is growing more than his/her patients need and selling overages illegally.  (Do you want a CG going around with YOUR MMJ card/info if he/she is the sort of person taking big legal risks?)

4.  The CG is inexperienced and willing to promise free meds to try to get patients.

Medical MJ is no different than the rest of life.  If someone offers you something for nothing, you need to dig deep and figure out what the real cost is and if that's something you want to be involved with.

This concept of free meds has disappointed many patients.  You have to ask yourself why a complete stranger would offer MJ for free.  You also should know that at least some CGs (I've witnessed this first hand) pay certification clinics a fee when a new patient is referred and signs up.  

Going back to 2009, the most successful relationships I've had (as a CG) with patients are 1.) Family, 2.) Friends, 3.) Referral from family or friends (counting my patients as friends as it usually works out that way) and 4.) This website.

If I were in your shoes, I'd use the link the previous poster put up, send in the form removing the CG and send a copy certified mail to the CG....and get started with the new search.  Unless you have someone in mind already, I'd start on this website in the classifieds section.  There are several members/CGs here who have been active on these forums for a long time and have built some credability.

Good luck.  And yeah, that bud you posted a pic of is absolute garbage.  

Ya, this Dr. office is the only resource I've been using. It sounded really good, too be to be true I guess xD. And I'm almost positive it's #4, although I was under the assumption that either:

1) They sell my overages to their other patients, offering more strains or whatever.

2) They sell my overages to dispensaries somehow. At some dispensaries and deliveries, I will sometimes see "Caregivers, we'll buy your overages".

My CG seems legit, just inexperienced. I wasn't expecting anything for free, the Dr was the one who laid out how it all worked. I'm fine paying for it, I was just hoping to avoid some of the markup. The problem is though, not only is it not worth buying, it's not even worth free. I don't deal with the CG directly, I did at first, but then the Dr. insisted playing the middleman. So my CG drops my stuff off at the Dr. office and I go there to pick it up (my CG is gone by then).

Anyhow, thanks all for the info and tips where to look. I have a form to fill out and some searching to do :)

Thanks

Edited by Brickster

8 hours ago, Brickster said:

I don't deal with the CG directly, I did at first, but then the Dr. insisted playing the middleman. So my CG drops my stuff off at the Dr. office and I go there to pick it up (my CG is gone by then).

Just when I thought I had heard of every little quirk.  This is the first I have heard of the Doc basically acting as a dispensary.

FWIW you can have a caregiver and still be legal to buy from a dispensary.  

Free weed is always too good to be true. No caregiver can legitimately (legally) provide cannabis for zero cost. Even $100 / ounce seems too low to support a grow operation.

Those who offer such deals are just using you for the patient count (12 plants) and selling the overages through other means (black market or grey market).

ya it does,,just got a pmf rom another patient asking for the same.. I explained I have dozens of fine strains and enough patients to grow as much as I need for them an him/her. but alas also convinced free was in order. dont they get good caregivers dont need them for measly  12 more plants yhey dont even have seed to give,,,, SMFH!

On 4/1/2018 at 7:55 PM, Brickster said:

Hello, new to the forum. I got my card a year ago and signed up with a caregiver through the Dr. office I got the card from about 7 months ago. I was told that I would get 1 ounce free per month and every ounce after that would cost $100 when I got the card. When I got around to signing up for a caregiver about 5 months later (7 months ago), they told me I would get 1/2 ounce free and every once after would cost $150.

For the first few months, what I was getting was very low quality and smelled / tasted like chemicals. I was told that it was from a 3rd party until my requested plants were ready. Finally I stared getting some grown by my CG (not the strain I asked for). The chemical taste was gone and it was smoke-able, but still fairly low quality. I just got my batch in March which was close to the strain I asked for, but the quality was still low and a few of the larger buds had mold in them (see attached pic).

I'm thinking that I will just cancel my current CG, since I don't even want what they give me for free. Meanwhile, I'm paying out the rear for the strains which work best from dispensaries / deliveries. I tried talking to the Dr. about getting a different CG, and they insist the one I have is "very experienced" and there's no need to switch (seems like, nobody they can recommend who can do better). I'm not really sure where else to look for a CG. I saw a few posts on here saying Craigslist, but I haven't seen anything on their yet. Are you allowed to ask on here?

I live in SE MI, Macomb area. My go to strains are Gorilla Glue and Girl Scout Cookies. I have been replacing edibles with Rick Simpson Oil from a delivery to eliminate the sugar. If I could get GG or both strains (over very similar 50-50 ish hybrid, high THC) and possibly the RSO in one place for less than I'm currently getting charged, I would be a happy camper. I don't really have a place to grow or I would try, shared residents and they won't tolerate the smell.

Any advice?

Thanks

moldy.jpg

That sure like like PM  to me.