How To Protect Yourself From A Drugged Driving Charge.

so we should proceed with caution and pretend like it is illegal? and if you have to drive...

pretend like its illegal because if you are caught driving you are in big trouble.

license suspended..OWI...jail..fines ..probation...and probably rejected for a renewal of your card.

Whats the card good for again? And why should I get one?

sounds like what people have always done--

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't worry to much about it, as they can't legally test you for THC as it stays in your system for a long time, read this article.

The Michigan Supreme Court issued an opinion on Tuesday that greatly changes the law concerning the crime of operating a motor vehicle with the presence of a schedule 1 controlled substance in the body.

In a previous case, the Michigan Supreme Court held that 11-carboxy-THC, a byproduct of metabolism created when the body breaks down the psychoactive ingredient of marijuana, is a schedule 1 controlled substance under MCL 333.7212. MCL 257.625(8) makes it unlawful for a person to operate a vehicle if the person has in his or her body any amount of a controlled substance listed in MCL 333.7212. Therefore, the prosecution only needed to establish that a defendant had any amount of 11-carboxy-THC in his or her body while operating a motor vehicle, to be guilty of violating MCL 257.625(8) regardless of whether the person was actually "under the influence" of marijuana while operating the motor vehicle.

In the recent case, the Michigan Supreme Court held that 11-carboxy-THC is not a schedule 1 controlled substance. Therefore, a person cannot be prosecuted under MCL 2.57.625(8) for operating a motor vehicle with any amount of 11-carboxy-THC in his or her system.

If they ask why it seems like it say you either have it on you, or you had it in the car, If you admit to smoking recently or at all your giving up your rights and making yourself guilty as hell, There is no way to prove you are or aren't unless you admit it, So figure out what you should do. If they do end up trying to charge you, use the rulings above if they test you for that because it will get thrown out. That's kinda like saying people don't operate vehicles while on oxy/vicodin/etc.. yeah right, I'd trust someone high then someone drunk that's for sure.

You guys crack me up lol

So im asking, Mr komorn, if pulled over an they SUPPOSEDLY smell Marijuana, do we say "im not at liberty to answer your question, "I or "im a caregiver "?

All of this is such cow do do, i really wanted to say bunny muffin.

You don't get cocky with him, just say No, deny it no matter what kinda she he try's to say, Remember they gotta prove it.

DO NOT ever refuse a road side test for impaired driving,refusal is automatic suspension of your license, for a year. now u have 2 cases 1 for suspended license and 1 for impaired. even if they find u impaired,during testing u only lose your drivers license for 45 days.leo can get a warrant for a bood draw with a simple phone call on there way taking u to the hospital,before they take u to jail.

DO NOT ever refuse a road side test for impaired driving,refusal is automatic suspension of your license, for a year. now u have 2 cases 1 for suspended license and 1 for impaired. even if they find u impaired,during testing u only lose your drivers license for 45 days.leo can get a warrant for a bood draw with a simple phone call on there way taking u to the hospital,before they take u to jail.

What do you mean by a "road test?"

• 3 weeks later...

Yea Barrny Fife pulled me over the other night serched my truck with no concent to serch foind some meds in a airtight bottle I don't smoke in the car and didn't even smoke that day. Any way he ended up being ok he baisicly told me he could f me over if he wanted take me to jail for druged driving knew about the Koon case and everything told me to be carefull. I get serched every time I get pulled over ive made cops get dogs they always serch the veical with out concent also, last time I checked Im not a piece of bunny muffin.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

JasonJ -- good man, MAKE THEM GET A WARRANT. Never consent.

Most people think "I have not got anything, I am clean" and so they say Yes....

Ooops, You will *&%^* bricks if they come out of your car with something (planted) and since you consented, it is admissible. NEVER CONSENT TO ANY SEARCH, IT CAN BE A SUCKER MOVE (Especially if they know you and do not like you, as that bag in the cops pocket just gets pulled out when the LEOs hand is in the seat back and your gone, busted...and no one with believe they planted it).

FLEX YOUR RIGHTS (google it).

M

Edited by Murph

Ok a friend got pulled over burnt out brake light,, State trooper saw long hair,, air fresher hand sanatiser and chewing gum.. ask if there was any drugs in the car because chewing gum and air freshener covers the smell ,, so when your pulled over do not let them see an air freshener or chewing gum,, that should be out of sight troopers are trained in a certain way

Ok a friend got pulled over burnt out brake light,, State trooper saw long hair,, air fresher hand sanatiser and chewing gum.. ask if there was any drugs in the car because chewing gum and air freshener covers the smell ,, so when your pulled over do not let them see an air freshener or chewing gum,, that should be out of sight troopers are trained in a certain way

Good point. But also keep up on car maintenance.

• 3 months later...

i would like to add don't wear any T-shirts that have MMJ words on it? or compassion club names? and don't wear any buttons ?

and stay home?

WOW I always wear mj wear it get's me accepted more cause I'm an old fart and I like hearing how cool my shirt is. my beuatifull wife gets jealous I get so much attention. and I love to stand next to a cop while waiting in line at the bank or post office and I usually reek but I look kind of intimidating and I'll stare back look right in their eye like there they are the freak. don't show fear! but I let the wife drive. l.o.l. Edited by cujo

Me too I used to wear all kinds of stuff I remember 1 time I was in court for someone else

And the judge maid us take off or turn in our shirts inside out

So that the jury wouldn't see it lol

If they do that now they could be in deep doo doo they can't DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THE LEAGLE USE OF MEDICAL MARIJAUHNA! NOR OUR LIFESTYLES. AND i am one of those who would have thrown a fit went to jail and sued them. and called the news and called for a few thousand freinds to protest they would have to call the national gaurd to keep them under control. but I WOULDN'T INSITE A RIOT; NO NOT LITTLE OLD ME. Edited by cujo

Am sorry you can't sue city hall

no you press charges against the cop that violated your rights and we have a judge here that is on tether so ya you probably cant sue him we've(the county ) have been trying to get rid of this judge for 4 yrs he doesnt follow procedure and makes his own rules even forced his religous views on the people. I guess he had to stop that. but he should have been disbarred. that's why people try to take the law in their own hands.

• 2 months later...