Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

i was wounding if you guys knew if your plants would Finnish faster with co2 ?bubble grower you sure are a great poster here helping all the time i thank you very much i grow in dirt still. but i am building a room and am done now am getting ready to start my OWN grow i have something going now but i can do way better

am not going to get clones from any body but i still want them to know that i/we do thank them for trying to help But i want my own bred going some thing i know that will be best for my pain you see i was a grower

and now i am a grower Peace

PS BG do you still want me to sent you the link to are story

howdy howdy.

yeah, a lot of folks agree that CO2 can act as a ripining agent and can help the plants fnish up to 5-7 days faster.

and sure, if you have a link, send it to me in a p.m.

thanks ;)

good luck with the big plans!!

I just got back from the store. I am going to construct my own bubble tote. I purchased a Tetra 30-60 gallon Whisper Air Pump. They had the smaller 10-30 whisper air pump on sale. Would the smaller pump be adequate for a 10 gallon tote? I got the 6" air stones. How do the 12" air stones work? Is bigger not better?

I also got a 10 gallon air pump, a 6" stone, a small 6 qt tote, and some aluminum tape that I am going to turn into a bubble cloner. Will the size of tote and 6" stone work? I have read other posts about bubble cloners on OG. Is the 6" stone too big or not big enough? I couldn't remember the size of stone for a cloner. Looking back at the post on OG ( https://www.opengrow...ver%20Haze&st=0 )the stone that the grower there used looked like a 12" bar air stone, but his tote was also much bigger. I only need about 8 slots (darn 12 plant limit!) I kept the receipt so I can exchange stuff if I need to. I also could use the equipment that I have to make worm compost tea and get new stuff for my cloner. What do you thing BubbleGrower?

yup, you made the right choice with the larger pump. i would have went larger pump for the cloner too. those numbers ...."10-30 gallon" have everything to do with keeping fish alive, and NOTHING to do with growing plants :P bigger is better. with a 30-60 gallon pump, a 12" air stone will just give you a bunch of lazy bubbles floating to the surface. with a 6" air stone, you have the same amount of air, only rushing through a smaller area, and therefore making fewer, but much more powerful/forceful bubbles and that is what you want......... movement at the top of the water means more than how many million bubbles per square foot are in the water. so perfect choice with the bigger pump and the 6" stone. you will have excellent results.

i don't know if you have seen it yet, but about half way down the page here:

http://www.michiganm...n/page__st__200

i kinda outline how to use your bubbletote as a cloner as well. it saves space, money, time, and you dont have to transplant them from one machine to the other. i used to use aerocloners, but now i put the clones in rockwool, and then into their permanent home in the bubblebbucket/tote.

whatever's clever :D i'm sure you will be fine. and if you have any probs you know i am here to help.

BG, Thank you for the fast reply. I did see your cloning in a bubble bucket post on here. I have been following this thread. Truth be told I kinda have a secret bromance for you. :lol: I am definitely impressed with your work. I went with a separate cloner because I want to have the option of putting the rooted clones in whatever medium that I choose. That industrial blower is massive! You could have a bubble jungle with that thing, and I am sure that you have.

Here is the new baby bubble cloner. There is one webbed girl on the right (she is not wilted, but she was that shape when I cut her) and two unknown Indicas on the left. The 10 gallon air pump seems to be doing the job. Bubbles shoot up to the surface and pop. The rock wool cubes are nice and moist.

med_gallery_12686_91_668862.jpg

I cut 6 slots then covered with tape. Since I am only running it with three clones I will cut the tape off the other holes on a run that has more than three clones. If the tote was any bigger I think that I would definitely need a bigger pump.

I have one more question Bubblegrower if you don't mind. What is the best temp for the reservoir water, I assume the aero cloner would be the same as bubble cloning. My instructions say 70 to 75 and other places say higher yet 80 to 85. Thanks in advance lol

well done sir!! well done.

awesome job. now just make sure that the rockwool isnt getting TOO wet. if it is, take a half gallon of water out. it looks like you have her sealed up nice and tight so im sure you will no doubt be having success. right now that stem needs more air than it does water. just barely damp is the key.

you'll be feelin' like an old timer before ya' know it.

and about that "bromance" thing.................................................... well, i don't have anything smart or witty to say so i will just let it be :blink::lol:

I have one more question Bubblegrower if you don't mind. What is the best temp for the reservoir water, I assume the aero cloner would be the same as bubble cloning. My instructions say 70 to 75 and other places say higher yet 80 to 85. Thanks in advance lol

i was taught to keep it between 68-70. i have never had any problems so i never changed. ;)

thats just me. you can find people swearing by 62 if you look hard enough........ and the same goes for 88 :rolleyes:

Thanks for reassuring me that they're ok. I have'nt given them any nutes yet. When should I give them their first dash of inspiration? Foxfarms Ocean Forrest Thinking about transplanting them into 4 gal. pots today. Before I do, should I let them get stronger first. They'll be going under an AgroMax 600 w MH. I'm kinda lost (and legally medicated!) First grow ya know! Just paranoin I'll f$@# something up, and have to start over. I found a site one time that had pictures of leaves on plants which had various different problems, and told what the specific problem was and how to correct it. I didn't (like a dumb donkey} bookmark the site for future reference. Does anyone know where it was that I saw that page or one similar? Thanks again guys for the confidence this forum gives me to start this perpetual adventure! :D [edit] I checked them this am and the other plants are browning on the tips and getting spots on them. WTF :huh:

Thanks for reassuring me that they're ok. I have'nt given them any nutes yet. When should I give them their first dash of inspiration? Foxfarms Ocean Forrest Thinking about transplanting them into 4 gal. pots today. Before I do, should I let them get stronger first. They'll be going under an AgroMax 600 w MH. I'm kinda lost (and legally medicated!) First grow ya know! Just paranoin I'll f$@# something up, and have to start over. I found a site one time that had pictures of leaves on plants which had various different problems, and told what the specific problem was and how to correct it. I didn't (like a dumb donkey} bookmark the site for future reference. Does anyone know where it was that I saw that page or one similar? Thanks again guys for the confidence this forum gives me to start this perpetual adventure! :D [edit] I checked them this am and the other plants are browning on the tips and getting spots on them. WTF :huh:

that fox farms is LOADED with nutes from what i have heard and from what i have seen. if you transplant into the 4 gal today, i would continue with just straight water for another few days+ to let the roots settle in. they will have planty of food in the new soil that you add when you transplant. definitely get them under the metal halide after that. start with 1/4 strength nutes for the feeding. and start with the MH lamp a good 2-3 feet away. up the nutes slowly over a couple feedings, and lower the light slowly over a couple days. don't burn them :)

oh, and the pics of plant problems with explanations can be found back on page nine of this help thread ;)

http://www.michiganm...n/page__st__160

i put a table of contents at the very beginning of page 1 as well. just pick a tutorial, click on it, and the page you wish to view will pop right up. i TRY to help :P

med_gallery_13801_60_120754.gif

@ BG....Yup, FF Ocean Forest is a bit hot for young plants, I do not use it straight anymore, or even 50-50 with perlight. Certainly don't use it till a transplant into 2 gal pots, which then get a 1 part FF Ocean Forest, 1 part FF Happy Frog, 2 parts perlight. This seems to work well without added nutes for about 2 weeks in a 2 gal pot.

Some will say longer, your experience may vary :)

I loaded the 4 plants into their 4gal pots this morning. I put 2-3 " of drain stones in the bottom before filling them with Ocean Forrest. http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/gallery/album/10851/138-3rd-week-transplant/

After reading page 9, I guess I should go raise my 600w up a bit :rolleyes:

I used an Infra-Red Temp gun to check the leaf temperature and it wasn't too high.75-78deg.

Would 5 days be too short of a time to wait before starting feeding? :wacko: I watered them good today after transplanting. Let them dry out for now. Lots of good root growth. The WW#1 and Himalayan Gold are pretty hearty with 8-10" of roots! :D Please Leave comments on the pics! Thanks. KGB

[darn... :angry: New AgroMax bulb quit on me. Got spare. B)

hi there!! so sorry it took so long to get back with you.... i'm in the process of moving right now.

well, you have the light part covered, thats for sure!! cannabis is in the "veg state" when it has light for more than 12 hours a day. for us growers, that usually means 18 to 24 hours of light per day. i leave mine on 24hours/day in veg. yes, you can have both the mother and any clones under the same tent. after the clones have matured enough, then you would want to move them to a place where you can have the light set at 12/12 to induce flowering. for as long as you wish to keep your mother plant for taking clones, you should keep her in the veg. state.

hope this helps!!

thank you for all you do here i myself take my clones 10-14 days into flowering then am sure to have the males / females picked out would that be a good thing

i take them from the bottom

wow how how mnay inches u stalk your plant looks like 15 or so ? those things about 6 ft tall >?

thats an old pic. yeah it was about 4.5 to 5ft right there. (plus a little over a foot for the tote)

it finished A LOT more full than that and around 6 foot. i'll have to dig the pics back out ;)

my main stems/trunks usually end up somewhere between a quarter and a 50-cent piece in diameter.

med_gallery_13801_60_265404.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_877223.jpg