Bog Sour Bubble

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MMM, are you offering clones? I'm a new grower and that looks nice!

Also, I was thinking of doing the air pots and Fox Farm OF plus some organic nutes like Epsoma Plant Tone with a molasses watering every third watering. What do you think of this idea? I'm an outdoor container girl so I'm hoping to move some of that green thumb inside, lol. What ferts do you use?

I'm also bucking the system and looking into quad band 2 watt LED (600 watt) by Stealth LEDs. Part of me hates to mess with the whole system and the other part ain't scared, lol.

I'm looking to get a few grows under my belt and want to start with something that is forgiving and can take a little noob abuse.

WDT

You run your strains in organic soil right? :unsure:

And those look awesome great job brother . :goodjob:

Thanks dude. I used Ocean Forest and Sunshine Mix with guano, worm castings and lime. I feed with an aerated tea of kelp, guano, worm castings and molasses. From what I have heard and seen of Bubba Kush, this pheno of Sour Bubble is the most Bubba-ish one yet. Low yielder, but I am going to be training intensively to try to bump it up.

MMM, are you offering clones? I'm a new grower and that looks nice!

Also, I was thinking of doing the air pots and Fox Farm OF plus some organic nutes like Epsoma Plant Tone with a molasses watering every third watering. What do you think of this idea? I'm an outdoor container girl so I'm hoping to move some of that green thumb inside, lol. What ferts do you use?

I'm also bucking the system and looking into quad band 2 watt LED (600 watt) by Stealth LEDs. Part of me hates to mess with the whole system and the other part ain't scared, lol.

I'm looking to get a few grows under my belt and want to start with something that is forgiving and can take a little noob abuse.

WDT

srry just had to see if that was a typo...u plant to run 600 watts of leds?

Actually I've decided to go a different route using the Wex brand which is a commercial LED with 3 watt diodes, 150 W, 90 degree focus. I have met a medical grower in California that imports them. He says using 2 of them and a 400-600 HPS will give me a very nice yield for 16 plants. He's used just 2-150W LEDs (150 W) and had yield for about the same as he did with just 600 HPS. The LED is a bar type, not a small box that you typically see with the LEDs bunched up together.

He uses a cut of OG SSV from a breeder and was getting 300-350 g for 16 plants using a 600 W HPS. He switched to a 1000 HPS and got a 400-435 g yield. Then he started fooling around with LEDs for 16 plants (which is what I plan to start out with in a perpetual harvest situation). With 2-150W LEDs he got 300 to 350 g yields, but less fuller buds. He added in a 600 HPS and has found that the warmth of the HPS and some of its stronger 700 wavelengths along with the LED has been optimal and has pushed him back up to the 450 g range for yields.

I'm getting the C-150:

http://www.welthink.com/led.htm

These LEDs can be used from .5 m to 4 meters! He says placement at 16-18 inches works in veg and 10-12 for flowering.

I'm going to use one in veg and 2 in flower with one 400 or 600 HPS, haven't completely decided on the HPS wattage yet. I'm going to go with a bat wing (no hood or glass) for the HPS using 2 gallon hempy buckets on a flood tray. May rig up a pump and reservoir with tubes feeding to the buckets later, but hand watering to start.

Using either Botanicare with Roots Organic cocoa / Fox Farm Ocean Forest blend or a FF/perlite medium and nutes of Iquana Juice (leaning toward the IJ as I want to go all organic). I may even just use a FF/Epsoma Plant Tone (organic CRF) in the buckets (PT has micronutes) and supplemental feeding with molasses and/or teas. I think if I can get a good oxygen environment in the buckets with the Controlled Release Fertilizer going little supplementation will be needed. An MD in CA is doing a medical grow in hempies this way but he is using FF/perlite and Osmocote Plus and getting great results (but he's using 1000 HPS too).

While I can understand why someone might say just use the HPS, I think a combination will work nicely. There's a three year guarantee on the LEDs and they have inline fans built in.

He is selling each LED for $450 which is not much of a profit for him at all.

WDT

Kinda lemony lime right now for sure, though that can change in the next few weeks I would imagine. I have a few other phenos that smell kinda earthy coffee but they dont look as nice as this plant structurally. I will try and get some pics of the others tomm morning. One doesnt even look like an indica, it has sativa looking leaves on it.

These seeds were from BOGs latest batch I believe, it doesnt say on the pack Bx3 or 4 just says: BOG SEEDS Sour Bubble in green letters across the top then the description "A VERY POTENT BUBBLEGUM IN A VARIATION NEVER BEFORE SEEN FLRS IN 49-55 days"

Any idea if these are bx3 or 4 or how can you tell?

The latest batch is Bx4. I got one of the last of the Bx3/Bx4 packs. I think my amazon fast growing one is a Bx3. I'm about to chop it - it went way longer than the chocolate/coffee Bx4 and the sandalwood Bx4. It grows with incredible vigor though. At the same age it was twice the height of the chocolate coffee. It should yield much more too. I think I have a keeper already. :)

BOG's Sour Bubble clone mother is sour lime smelling, so if you get that you have a good representation of it.

Yours looks nice and branchy. That is a sought after trait in Sour Bubble. Did you top it or train it, herban?

• 4 weeks later...

Ive got some of these...Look just like that....when I seen the bubba pheno if you will .....I reminberd the speculation that bubba is used in its makeing. SB has a good relaible stone.

I'm smoking a jay of my chocolate pheno and it is so GOOD! I call it Choco-Bubble or sometimes Count Chocububble. Never smoked Bubba, but I imagine it is similar to this one.

The pheno pictured above is my favorite of the three I've harvested so far. It has a subtle, but distinctive lime taste and smokes so silky smooth it's amazing. Have a couple of new phenos in late flower right now and they look to be very good.

Archived