Medical Marijuana Continues To Raise Controversy

Medical marijuana continues to raise controversy 12 10 10

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/medical-1384767-michigan-newschannel.html

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS THE ALLEGED “NEWS TEAM” THAT PRESENTED THE STORY ABOUT THE UNDER COVER REPORTER GETTING CERTIFIED. I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY MISREPRESENTED THAT STORY, AND EDITED THE VIDEO TO EXCLUDE A PHYSICAL EXAM DONE BY THE DR. WITHOUT THAT CRUCIAL INFORMATION THE PRESENTATION OF THAT STORY BECOMES SLANTED, AND PERVERSE. AS FOR THE SUBJECT OF THE STORY, HE SHOULD MAKE CERTAIN NOW, THAT HIS GARDEN IS IN COMPLIANCE BECAUSE NEWS STORIES LIKE THIS, IN CONJUCTION WITH THE NOT ADVISABLE STATEMENTST THAT HE MADE, ARE WHAT LEAD TO RAIDS BY THE POLICE.

ALSO I THINK IT IS FAIR TO CONCLUDE THAT THIS NEW ORGANIZATION UNLIKE MANY IN THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA, ARE NOT REPORTING ON MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT ACCURATELY. THIS WOULD BE THE SECOND STORY THAT LEADS THE VIEWER TO THE CONCLUSION THAT MEDICAL MARIHUANA IS A SCAM. I ENCOURAGE OUR COMMUNITY TO LET THIS ALLEGED “NEWS TEAM” KNOW THAT THEY HAVE MISREPRESENTED THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY, AND THAT BY FOCUSING ON AND MISREPRESENTING SITUATIONS THAT BRING ONLY A NEGATIVE PERSPECTIVE TO MEDICAL MARIHUANA IS NO LONGER TOLERATED.

ALSO IT IS A LESSON AS TO HOW MUCH OUR COMMUNITY IS UNDER THE MICRISCOPE. I WILL PROBABLY HEAR A PROSECUTOR MENTION THIS STORY IN COURT IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS TO MAKE THE ARGUMENT THAT THE ENTIRE MOVEMENT IS A JOKE.

December 09, 2010 5:58 PM

MICHIGAN (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – Michigan's voter-approved medical marijuana law has been causing all sorts of controversy lately. 

Recently, city leaders in Wyoming made medical marijuana illegal within city limits, a move that will likely cause a huge court battle. 

In November, Newschannel 3 did a series of I-Team reports on the ease with which some people are able to gain the right to use medical marijuana. 

Many narcotics agents say that there are very few marijuana growers following the laws, and Newschannel 3 found that for medical marijuana card holders, there's a great temptation to break the law, particularly for those in need of money. 

Newschannel 3 recently got exclusive access inside a local growing operation, and what we found might just surprise you. 

Russell Cheyne told Newschannel 3 that he's trying to do everything just right. His permits are up, and his marijuana is locked away. 

“As long as I am doing what my state governor allows me to do, I'm all right,” said Cheyne. 

Cheyne is a medical marijuana card holder, and very proud of his plants. Cheyne is allowed to grow 24 plants because both he and his 20-year-old daughter can use the marijuana. They are allowed twelve plants each, and both qualified for the same reason, chronic back pain. 

Cheyne showed Newschannel 3 his operation, which he said cost him some big money to get going. 

“Probably, with the electric, almost $2,500 since August when we started,” said Cheyne. 

What might surprise you about Cheyne is that both he and his daughter are also on food assistance, both are unemployed. 

“It's been hard, it's been a struggle,” said Cheyne. “We get food stamps and that's all we get.” 

Perhaps more startling in this situation is the pressure that these people are under to sell marijuana to others, even though legally they can't. 

Cheyne and his daughter do not meet the qualifications to provide marijuana to others with cards. It's illegal for them to do so, but Cheyne says it's tempting to do it anyway. 

“If you got an inheritance of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, and somebody walked up and said 'Hey man, I love chocolate, I tell you what, I'll give you this for that whole lotta chocolate,' you know that's pretty hard to turn down,” said Cheyne, “and you'd give them the chocolate.” 

Cheyne told Newschannel 3 that frankly he has no problem breaking the law, but says he hasn't. 

Cheyne says he'd like to grow his grow operation, bringing other caregivers under one roof and potentially having tons of plants in one house. In theory, if five people in the same house are card holders for medical marijuana and all are caregivers, there could be 300 plants at one location. 

Newschannel 3 checked with state leaders on Thursday. They said there is really no limit in a scenario like that.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Who ever told you LEO had the power to tell you how to grow is full of Bunny Muffin. That sir lies in the hands of the MDCH not law enforcement not P A ,s Not judges its the MDCH period the ones that dont believe that will get their arces kicked in court. The expert in my case lasted oooo bout 3 minutes. And was disqualified. Couldnt get past his training manual. Poor guy made himself to look like a fool . Dont know the law GET A BOOK READ IT. Ignorance is no excuse

yeah, I thought it was regulated by the MCDH. It's just poor reporting on their behalf.

Many narcotics agents say that there are very few marijuana growers following the laws, :rolleyes:

Seriously ? <_<

Just because you say it doesnt make it true vampires and werewolves are real too and im sure they are out stalking their prey its true because i said it is right? :unsure:

How do you follow a gray law?

Medical marijuana continues to raise controversy 12 10 10

http://www.wwmt.com/...ewschannel.html

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS THE ALLEGED “NEWS TEAM” THAT PRESENTED THE STORY ABOUT THE UNDER COVER REPORTER GETTING CERTIFIED. I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY MISREPRESENTED THAT STORY, AND EDITED THE VIDEO TO EXCLUDE A PHYSICAL EXAM DONE BY THE DR. WITHOUT THAT CRUCIAL INFORMATION THE PRESENTATION OF THAT STORY BECOMES SLANTED, AND PERVERSE. AS FOR THE SUBJECT OF THE STORY, HE SHOULD MAKE CERTAIN NOW, THAT HIS GARDEN IS IN COMPLIANCE BECAUSE NEWS STORIES LIKE THIS, IN CONJUCTION WITH THE NOT ADVISABLE STATEMENTST THAT HE MADE, ARE WHAT LEAD TO RAIDS BY THE POLICE.

ALSO I THINK IT IS FAIR TO CONCLUDE THAT THIS NEW ORGANIZATION UNLIKE MANY IN THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA, ARE NOT REPORTING ON MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT ACCURATELY. THIS WOULD BE THE SECOND STORY THAT LEADS THE VIEWER TO THE CONCLUSION THAT MEDICAL MARIHUANA IS A SCAM. I ENCOURAGE OUR COMMUNITY TO LET THIS ALLEGED “NEWS TEAM” KNOW THAT THEY HAVE MISREPRESENTED THE TRUTH ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY, AND THAT BY FOCUSING ON AND MISREPRESENTING SITUATIONS THAT BRING ONLY A NEGATIVE PERSPECTIVE TO MEDICAL MARIHUANA IS NO LONGER TOLERATED.

ALSO IT IS A LESSON AS TO HOW MUCH OUR COMMUNITY IS UNDER THE MICRISCOPE. I WILL PROBABLY HEAR A PROSECUTOR MENTION THIS STORY IN COURT IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS TO MAKE THE ARGUMENT THAT THE ENTIRE MOVEMENT IS A JOKE.

December 09, 2010 5:58 PM

MICHIGAN (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – Michigan's voter-approved medical marijuana law has been causing all sorts of controversy lately. 

Recently, city leaders in Wyoming made medical marijuana illegal within city limits, a move that will likely cause a huge court battle. 

In November, Newschannel 3 did a series of I-Team reports on the ease with which some people are able to gain the right to use medical marijuana. 

Many narcotics agents say that there are very few marijuana growers following the laws, and Newschannel 3 found that for medical marijuana card holders, there's a great temptation to break the law, particularly for those in need of money. 

Newschannel 3 recently got exclusive access inside a local growing operation, and what we found might just surprise you. 

Russell Cheyne told Newschannel 3 that he's trying to do everything just right. His permits are up, and his marijuana is locked away. 

“As long as I am doing what my state governor allows me to do, I'm all right,” said Cheyne. 

Cheyne is a medical marijuana card holder, and very proud of his plants. Cheyne is allowed to grow 24 plants because both he and his 20-year-old daughter can use the marijuana. They are allowed twelve plants each, and both qualified for the same reason, chronic back pain. 

Cheyne showed Newschannel 3 his operation, which he said cost him some big money to get going. 

“Probably, with the electric, almost $2,500 since August when we started,” said Cheyne. 

What might surprise you about Cheyne is that both he and his daughter are also on food assistance, both are unemployed. 

“It's been hard, it's been a struggle,” said Cheyne. “We get food stamps and that's all we get.” 

Perhaps more startling in this situation is the pressure that these people are under to sell marijuana to others, even though legally they can't. 

Cheyne and his daughter do not meet the qualifications to provide marijuana to others with cards. It's illegal for them to do so, but Cheyne says it's tempting to do it anyway. 

“If you got an inheritance of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, and somebody walked up and said 'Hey man, I love chocolate, I tell you what, I'll give you this for that whole lotta chocolate,' you know that's pretty hard to turn down,” said Cheyne, “and you'd give them the chocolate.” 

Cheyne told Newschannel 3 that frankly he has no problem breaking the law, but says he hasn't. 

Cheyne says he'd like to grow his grow operation, bringing other caregivers under one roof and potentially having tons of plants in one house. In theory, if five people in the same house are card holders for medical marijuana and all are caregivers, there could be 300 plants at one location. 

Newschannel 3 checked with state leaders on Thursday. They said there is really no limit in a scenario like that.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

No offense to mr. cheney but wtf! he may as well hang a sign on his lawn now, he is screwed!

Why is that they get people like him for a news article, instead of someone with real facts about mm.(not to mention a full deck of cards) like a real mm friendly dr. or some one like pb who has obviously help people so much with his oil!

people dont do news storys about your g.r, it can only bring you problems!

as far as them saying there are dr.s out their giving regs to people w/o and exams, its true, they are doing it, we even have people on here advertising no need for records! Our law states it is for medical use, not all out legal yet! be smart! mr cheney you just violated the law by allowing that news team into your g.r! Im sorry but i see probs for you in the near future

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived