Why Not Support Dispensaries?

As an owner of a couple of Dispensaries I am concerned over the negative posts that I see at this sight and am dismayed to learn that the MMMA no longer endorses the Dispensary Model. I would like to extend an offer to the MMMA and anyone else out there to a sit down open discussion on this topic. I believe that I am providing a good service to all my patients and from the feedback I receive I seem to be on the right track. We work closely with many local Care Givers in our community to provide quality medication for our patients and spend countless hours counseling patients, care givers, and others on the law, best practices, and more. It is only when I visit this sight and read the opinions of others that I take pause and question my place in this industry. I support the MMMA and have been following it for some time now; so I invite the MMMA Team & Community to our business for a tour. Our goal here at Relief Choices is to be a patient resource center assisting patients in need. If we are not achieving our goal please let me know.

Thank you for the opportunity to make this appeal on your website,

Relief Choices

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an owner of a couple of Dispensaries I am concerned over the negative posts that I see at this sight and am dismayed to learn that the MMMA no longer endorses the Dispensary Model. I would like to extend an offer to the MMMA and anyone else out there to a sit down open discussion on this topic. I believe that I am providing a good service to all my patients and from the feedback I receive I seem to be on the right track. We work closely with many local Care Givers in our community to provide quality medication for our patients and spend countless hours counseling patients, care givers, and others on the law, best practices, and more. It is only when I visit this sight and read the opinions of others that I take pause and question my place in this industry. I support the MMMA and have been following it for some time now; so I invite the MMMA Team & Community to our business for a tour. Our goal here at Relief Choices is to be a patient resource center assisting patients in need. If we are not achieving our goal please let me know.

Relief Choices

I invite the MMMA Team & Community to our business for a tour. i will take you up on that i love to come see you and talk i do this all the time i have been to many i go for support i have never spent any money at them because we just don't have it

i live in Ferndale so i stay close to home but i have been to Big Daddy's. and 3rd cost and clinical Relief. TJ'rice.(a2p2c2) Green Bee and the one inn Lansing .just to name a few anyway i don't think the MMMA is against Dispensary's their are alway going to be some people that are against just about any thing their were a time i was thinking the MMMA was against them until i saw Blueberry's post

Well where does one start, most people are against dispensaries due to OUTRAGEOUS prices for mediocre cannabis. Dispensaries are only in it for one thing, money. Now dont get me wrong, everyone needs to earn a living but dispensaries are literally raping people. Every single dispensary I have visited has outdoor grown imported cannabis from California, Colorado, Oregon, etc. and most of that is the stuff they couldnt sell out west, the "B" grade medicine. The local cannabis sold is hardly ever cured or dried properly.

When local pricing comes down and the quality goes up and the dispensaries support the local farmers ONLY, then I am sure more people will be convinced that dispensaries are a good thing for the community.

I would like to see dispensaries made legal, but with serious guidelines that will not effect the patients and caregivers rights that we have now.

not all members think that disps are needed...and feel there is no provision in the law for them...also law makers don't like store fronts and lump CC's and Disps.together and are adding new regulations governing both,pissing off some CC's..lets face it, most Disps.aren't in it to be compassionate but rather to make money,$20 grams,etc...i've never been to one,and laugh at anyone silly enought to pay those prices,,, but then again i laugh at patients paying their CC's $15 a gram for their meds(while waiting for their CC to grow THEIR meds. lol)...i guess my personal feeling is that they've brought alot of unwanted attention and regulations to the MM community and provide little benifit...now i'm sorry that i may have hurt somes feelings and i'm sure there are some fine Disps out there but you won't fine a compassionate one..lol..zzb

Thank you for the quick response; seriously if anyone would like to tour one of our two facilities (Warren or Lansing) please send me a pm.

Put two of us down as interested, we are in Detroit and any day next week about 4 pm that works for you is great for us. Jim and Margaret

The main issues I have is this, the dispensary model is not the core of the Michigan MMP. The Dispensary model as a core, the sole provider of MM services for patients is in California and CO, and you can hear complaints about this system all the way over here!

The Michigan MMP, is to be different (why copy others?) I thought we wanted a grass-roots level movement - patients and CGs with power and authority. Power should remain in the hands of the sick and their caregivers, not a business.

It has happened, dispensary owners applauding city councils for banning personal grows - so patients are forced to go to a dispensary. It has to be a choice.

It has happened, dispensaries buy out of state grown medicine - for profit. The price of meds was still jacked up - so it never helped any patients. Out of State meds - don't help growers in Michigan.

We screwed Detroit by buying foreign cars, now do you want to screw the MMMP by buying out of state meds?

It has happened, dispensaries have abused the Compassion Club name, to simply setup a cash register under the guise of a club. Compassion Clubs are a vital source of resources for patients, caregivers, new and old. A club is supposed to provide more than just medicine, they should teach patients to respect marijuana as medicine, and teach them how to help themselves and others. A man with a cash register is NOT going to be too willing to give up his customers by teaching them how to care for themselves.

Keep this on a level for average people like you and me to succeed. I am not Bill Gates or Mr. Meijer's - I am tired of being a fool for corporate monopoly and I want to work and help others for more than cash.

I am not 100% against dispensaries, patients should have every resource to find medicine. Perhaps someday, a dispensary can work out its organization to offer compassionate prices - $10 a gram. Perhaps someday a dispensary will offer more than just a display case and ATM machine. All possible.

-DN

Relief Choices

It could be we do not understand how you operate and remain within the limitations of the law. Would you please give us some particulars about your business model, e.g., how are you remaining within the possession limits while maintaining an adequate inventory to meet demand? The understanding is that those limits render it at least difficult to operate a dispensary at a profit. Subsequently, it would, if our take is right, require that something be done that does not square with the law we know and love.

The issue regarding dispensaries is exactly what Blueberry briefly outlined, up to and including statements by person(s) connected with them suggesting patients are a danger to themselves by having the personal right to grow.

BB plained the board. Didigal Nomade hit the nail on the head and GregS put the puddy in the nail hole and DT61 covered it up real nice.

That is real team work. I love it. Keep going you guys and help us patients out. I need all the true help I can get.

Thanks.

The main issues I have is this, the dispensary model is not the core of the Michigan MMP. The Dispensary model as a core, the sole provider of MM services for patients is in California and CO, and you can hear complaints about this system all the way over here!

The Michigan MMP, is to be different (why copy others?) I thought we wanted a grass-roots level movement - patients and CGs with power and authority. Power should remain in the hands of the sick and their caregivers, not a business.

It has happened, dispensary owners applauding city councils for banning personal grows - so patients are forced to go to a dispensary. It has to be a choice.

It has happened, dispensaries buy out of state grown medicine - for profit. The price of meds was still jacked up - so it never helped any patients. Out of State meds - don't help growers in Michigan.

We screwed Detroit by buying foreign cars, now do you want to screw the MMMP by buying out of state meds?

It has happened, dispensaries have abused the Compassion Club name, to simply setup a cash register under the guise of a club. Compassion Clubs are a vital source of resources for patients, caregivers, new and old. A club is supposed to provide more than just medicine, they should teach patients to respect marijuana as medicine, and teach them how to help themselves and others. A man with a cash register is NOT going to be too willing to give up his customers by teaching them how to care for themselves.

Keep this on a level for average people like you and me to succeed. I am not Bill Gates or Mr. Meijer's - I am tired of being a fool for corporate monopoly and I want to work and help others for more than cash.

I am not 100% against dispensaries, patients should have every resource to find medicine. Perhaps someday, a dispensary can work out its organization to offer compassionate prices - $10 a gram. Perhaps someday a dispensary will offer more than just a display case and ATM machine. All possible.

-DN

Was with you until you spoke nonsense. "We screwed Detroit by buying foreign cars..." Talk about what you know not your grown at home in a closet prejudices. As the son of a GM exec who was fired for writing a report saying the marketing and futures look was 180 degrees off what the market wanted and doing what GM wanted not what the customer wanted would mean their ruination--who then made a fortune shorting their stock, I know you are spewing ignorance. Detroit refused to follow the market, foreign manaufacturers stepped in and the customers went to the guys building the products they preferred. Detroit execs screwed themselves, their customers, their employees, their dealers, their retirees and all the stockholders who weren't short Detroit auto stock, except maybe not the taxpayers who lent to the lames--that's still to be seen. You're miles off on auto--you sound rather sensible about marketing meds.

Most complaints about dispensaries or collectives is the price.

A price is a price - don't complain about it just shop elsewhere! :D

There can be contributing factors to prices of meds such as the cost to grow it and the time put into the grow.

At dispensaries it is different. Even if all the meds where grown by the CG's that service the patients there is still additional costs such as a lease, more use of resources (electric so u can see inside the "storefront" and gas to keep it warm) then you also have extra time put in by those who are servicing the extra patients. Not to mention lawyer fees!

Enough babble.. Like I said..

A price is a price. You don't like it, shop around or GROW YOUR OWN!

I am all for dispensaries. Going in to pick through a big variety is a nice option. The costs associated with setting that all up are included in the cost of the meds..

They are not "rolling in the doe"! They are not taking advantage of patients! They are providing an extra service for patients and if you ask me they are doing it at a reasonable price considering the risks and investments!

:goodjob:

BB plained the board. Didigal Nomade hit the nail on the head and GregS put the puddy in the nail hole and DT61 covered it up real nice.

That is real team work. I love it. Keep going you guys and help us patients out. I need all the true help I can get.

Thanks.

What he said. Great discussion and valid points made on all fronts. I, too, love this site!

Guest Happy Guy

We have a patient here that complained his caregiver limited what he could buy with the reason being that his caregiver needed to sell most of it to the dispensary for more than the $250 an ounce the patient was being charged. The dispensaries cultivate greed among us. I know a caregiver can easily make his money back at $250 but this one just wants more money.

I posted here that, in my opinion, the only way most patients could possibly afford the high prices at dispensaries would be to divert some of it to the richer recreactional market. The patients I see at cc meetings are always cash strapped. I don't see any that would pay upwards of $400 an ounce for their medicication. Are we being tricked into thinking that patients are the consumers at the dispensaries when they really are not?

I know at least 2 c.g's personaly that selll to dispensary"s and they know several more, and the 2 I know bring it to the dispenses as soon as its dried, not cured, I get mine free, but you guys pay like one sixty a zip, as a former pot seller the golden rule was you made 25% profit not 100% or 200% and I think I was taking more risk than a dispense, at least you guys can use and a.d, i couldnt use nothing I was illegal and so were all my customers,,thats what you have customers, not pt.'s they may be pt's but to a despens they are customers with cash!!

I have nothing against dispenses I think people that want to use them should if they can afford it, id like to see em all over the place, as long as it dont take any of my current rights away! but im still only gonna window shop!!! Im not paying that kinda cash! Im thinking we realy can do with out them!, its not going to take long for people with a heart to put you out of business, wait till the pt to pt takes off like it should every one will be getting cured mm for under half the price you charge, and we will be watching the closed down do to bankruptcy signs going up or dispenses mite get smart and compete with the prices! just because you pay more than we do for your supply dont mean we are going to pay more than you pay! lol tounge twister

I tawt i taw a puddy cat!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Greg S makes something of a valid point requiring clarification. If dispensaries are not following the caregiver/patient MDCH registry model then why in the heck do the rest of us go to the trouble? Seems we have invalidated much of the BS specific language if we all follow dispensaries and the way they operate. Love the idea!!! Is that where we're going? How cool everybody can keep everything they grow. No limits whatsoever.

Sounds like anyone can become a medical cannabis wholesaler. Why bother with brick and mortar storefront overhead? Online dispensaries with delivery service seems the way to go. Operate out of my polebarn. Buy cannabis 100 kilos at a time and distribute to cardholders everywhere. What a way to see Michigan.

I think dispensaries are a wonderful idea... It's just that the dust hasn't even totally settled yet for personal MM action.. and cannabis businesses have never been thought out before so it's proving to be a bumpy road for them.

But I think dispensaries don't have to be all evil money and med sucking entities... We just have to figure out all the rules of this particular type of business, and that may take a while, lol. Cannabis is still in its infancy in MI, hopefully it will be well nurtured till it grows up. Wise lawmaking and sterling actions will go a long way with that.

Was with you until you spoke nonsense. "We screwed Detroit by buying foreign cars..." Talk about what you know not your grown at home in a closet prejudices. As the son of a GM exec who was fired for writing a report saying the marketing and futures look was 180 degrees off what the market wanted and doing what GM wanted not what the customer wanted would mean their ruination--who then made a fortune shorting their stock, I know you are spewing ignorance. Detroit refused to follow the market, foreign manaufacturers stepped in and the customers went to the guys building the products they preferred. Detroit execs screwed themselves, their customers, their employees, their dealers, their retirees and all the stockholders who weren't short Detroit auto stock, except maybe not the taxpayers who lent to the lames--that's still to be seen. You're miles off on auto--you sound rather sensible about marketing meds.

So buying foreign helped michigan? Blame it on execs and not customers who brought cars?

So buying chinese stuff from walmart is going to help US factories and manufacters too?

We can agree to disagree, but I still think thats where we went wrong. The Michigan growers and resources for MMMP is not exactly meeting the 'market' today - so we should give up and buy out of state meds or perhaps just let the government 'bail us out'. Why not continue working with michigan growers to meet the michigan market - thats long term stability.

Its an analogy, it fits. Glad you liked my med ideas.

-DN

Archived