Are Home Security Cams Legal?

They wanted to hide what they are doing. Security cams are 100% legal inside your home. Besides, if it were illegal, they still have no right to destroy them, they can either confiscate them or give him a ticket for them.

Outside the home, I have never heard of anything, there could be a local ordinance or something, but I highly doubt it.

Cedar

Total lie! And if he has proof they did this I'd take them to court. I have three cameras focused on my grow room area alone. Two of which are unseen wireless web cams that can be accessed from anywhere and viewed and video is captured and stored off site.

Total lie! And if he has proof they did this I'd take them to court. I have three cameras focused on my grow room area alone. Two of which are unseen wireless web cams that can be accessed from anywhere and viewed and video is captured and stored off site.

Can I ask what system you use? I'm looking to purchase a new one, but all I seem to find are DVR based systems.

Thanks!

Can I ask what system you use? I'm looking to purchase a new one, but all I seem to find are DVR based systems.

Thanks!

most DVR systems have LAN on the back. you can connect to the internet, store images on a cloud, and access the feed on any computer/smart phone anywhere in the world. thats what I do! here's my system, I upgraded my cameras for better picture quality. ebay link

most DVR systems have LAN on the back. you can connect to the internet, store images on a cloud, and access the feed on any computer/smart phone anywhere in the world. thats what I do! here's my system, I upgraded my cameras for better picture quality. ebay link

Good to know! I assume you could use a wireless adapter on these just like with any other LAN plug? Oh, and can you set them up to upload their data automatically (like every half hour or something?) Do they do live streaming?

Sorry for all the questions.

Yep totally legal and they screwed up. Maybe they got captured smashing them or swinging towards them. I hope he looked. Nice Edward thats want I want to set up once my room is done.

The three wireless web cams cameras together were $190.00 give or take a few dollars. We had wired security cameras before I started gardening but upgraded to the wireless ones for obvious reasons.

I'm not promoting this store just some price ranges and ideas for our community.

http://www.meijer.com/s/electronics-computers-home-security-digital-surveillance-systems/_/N-37o

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Ditto - 5 IP cams perpetually broadcasting to my web server with recording at the click of a mouse. One at each door, one aimed at the front door inside. The day they make it illegal to record my personal residence is the day I go ballistic with the militia.

1T

The three wireless web cams cameras together were $190.00 give or take a few dollars. We had wired security cameras before I started gardening but upgraded to the wireless ones for obvious reasons.

I'm not promoting this store just some price ranges and ideas for our community.

http://www.meijer.co...systems/_/N-37o

Rick Simpson had two sets one visual to deter violence in raids plus theft and some hidden recording to offsite ( great idea with the abuses happening in Michigan unchallenged ) If tLEO can raid without notifying the party they can steal from anyone and we know that has happened , with murder even .... in cities like MIami . It is law enforcement out of control because naive people have given away rights to solve problems and conditioned so many citizens that " tough love :' is ok . Discrimination and vigilantism exists everywhere that catches up decent medical patients . . Remember in Rick Simpsons case its is Canada in this exaand he is a high profile individual but could it happen in the USA ? What recourse do you have unless the US Marshals will stand up and protect you like is suppose to happen . However with Federal Policy against Cannabis these officers who normally fill in the void for checks and balance within the system on local law enforcement are not effective nor do citizens feel they can approach them for Civil Rights violations as the Feds do not recognize legal State Patients .The check and balance system is out of whack severely now . Were in a mess when Law Enforcement states they will not protect us like they did in Livingston County ( the Sheriff publically in the Livingston Press ) and then Prosecuters and Judges deny in a State Court to allow the mention if medical marihuana contrary to the act . This is the result of extremist attitudes sadly promoted by our AG who was the lead opponant against prop 1 . That now is influencing policy and not the voters intent . Remember the activists that wrote the law can interpret it for him their not dead and they do not agree with his interpretation . Its like the Constitutional Founders being alive but nobody referencing them .

http://articles.chic...police-officers

Where you have to be careful is recording peoples voices without consent and most cameras don't do that for that reason . I post signs on all my enterances explaining there are recording devices and being on my property is a acceptance of being recorded . Its great a window was broken it showed who did it ( it was a accident no harm no foul stuff happens but knowing what happened eased my worries and the party didnt know they did it rock from a mower ) . I see deer and other animals . Hope to record a bear thats been seen in my area but its a long shot . It was last seen about 8 miles away or so . Cp kept me up time to go sleep .

You guys have some sweet set ups for sure :) Someday I will also and post a sign by the house stating so. Thanks for the links to some good buys I will keep them in favorites.

tarzan i hate to say it bro but those cams are junk.. all inferred ones are... can be blinded with a simple flash light.

look into speco intensifiers.. best bang for the buck... you tube demo.

and remember with any dvr or ip cam system viewed on the net and that most likely you will have to do some port forwarding in your router to view it from the net...

and most can be viewed by anyone not just u. google cam hack

I.p. address is all u need. list of codes to put in google.

If signs are posted all is good for cameras and sound,:sword:

Guest Happy Guy

Recording voices.....

You can record voices on the phone if at least one party that's voice is being recorded knows about it.

It's probably the same with cameras. So the cameras are not illegal but some recordings of videos with voices may be illegal. They could legally confiscate these recordings. They probably could justify destroying the equipment if they could prove the predominant use was to record voices illegally.

"THIS AREA UNDER 24 HOUR VIDEO & AUDIO SURVEILLANCE AND IS BEING RECORDED"

Post warning signs and you're good to go. You can also install 'dummy cameras' that look and some can even act like a real security camera, zoom in-out, rotates, tilts, etc.

Deterrents are the name of the game...

I am not promoting this co. just an example of whats available for the community.

http://fakecameras.com/

Archived